How do Albanian view eye contact?

Posted in the Albania Forum

Anonymous

Bronx, NY

#1 Jul 26, 2012
In different part of the world eye contact can be seen as disrespectful depending on the situation and etc. I'm wondering for Albanians, do they have their own eye contact code. The guy I like is Albanian but he lives here in NYC and I caught him staring at me for like 4 second until I looked away, and then I looked again, and he was still staring but with a normal facial expression as distracted or curious. Could it mean he's attracted to me? He was not day dreaming for sure because he had his head tilted and everything.

Since: Jul 12

Brooklyn, NY

#2 Jul 26, 2012
xmelfina wrote:
In different part of the world eye contact can be seen as disrespectful depending on the situation and etc. I'm wondering for Albanians, do they have their own eye contact code. The guy I like is Albanian but he lives here in NYC and I caught him staring at me for like 4 second until I looked away, and then I looked again, and he was still staring but with a normal facial expression as distracted or curious. Could it mean he's attracted to me? He was not day dreaming for sure because he had his head tilted and everything.
it means he was thinking about his girlfriend but would definitely do you a favor...
Another version is it means he does like you.
Maybe you look like his previous one.
Maybe someone told him something about you.
Etc etc.
Who knows what his mind was telling him?! You should know better.
It looks like he's good guy though. I wouldn't let the girl look at me twice.
If he did, it means you must help yourself ...

Since: Jul 12

Brooklyn, NY

#3 Jul 26, 2012
xmelfina wrote:
In different part of the world eye contact can be seen as disrespectful depending on the situation and etc. I'm wondering for Albanians, do they have their own eye contact code. The guy I like is Albanian but he lives here in NYC and I caught him staring at me for like 4 second until I looked away, and then I looked again, and he was still staring but with a normal facial expression as distracted or curious. Could it mean he's attracted to me? He was not day dreaming for sure because he had his head tilted and everything.
so if a guy will see a girl in her eyes that is bad and she will take it as offending?
Anonymous

Bronx, NY

#4 Jul 27, 2012
_Tipi_ wrote:
<quoted text>
so if a guy will see a girl in her eyes that is bad and she will take it as offending?
No, is not offending but sometimes you just have to be careful hwo you look at a person. I know in some Muslim country holding eye contact with a mere stranger could be seen as disrespectful.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#5 Jul 27, 2012
like this
&fe ature=plcp skip to 1:18

Since: Jul 12

Brooklyn, NY

#6 Jul 27, 2012
xmelfina wrote:
<quoted text>No, is not offending but sometimes you just have to be careful hwo you look at a person. I know in some Muslim country holding eye contact with a mere stranger could be seen as disrespectful.
i know someone got in trouble for looking at a girl in a bar. But that doesn't meant in Manhattan looking at a girl will be like asking for trouble.
Theaveragealbani an

LuleŚ, Sweden

#7 Aug 19, 2012
somebody

Boston, MA

#8 Aug 20, 2012
Theaveragealbanian wrote:
He looks Serbian, as you!
Kar Madhi

New York, NY

#9 Aug 20, 2012
xmelfina wrote:
In different part of the world eye contact can be seen as disrespectful depending on the situation and etc. I'm wondering for Albanians, do they have their own eye contact code. The guy I like is Albanian but he lives here in NYC and I caught him staring at me for like 4 second until I looked away, and then I looked again, and he was still staring but with a normal facial expression as distracted or curious. Could it mean he's attracted to me? He was not day dreaming for sure because he had his head tilted and everything.
Just go ask him "a don? "
Theaveragealbani an

LuleŚ, Sweden

#10 Aug 22, 2012
somebody wrote:
<quoted text>
He looks Serbian, as you!
You must have missread, im Albanian.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Albania Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dua KAR (Dec '13) 38 min Edoniki 87
albanesi fate schifo (Dec '08) 1 hr Davide 10,616
Albania receive heroes' welcome home 1 hr Justice League 199
Football violence reveals Serbia-Albania tensions 4 hr blimey 7
Kish - Albanian Ancestral Homeland in CAUCASUS 4 hr SHIPTARSCOPE 15
ALBANIA - Ancient country in the Caucasus 4 hr SHIPTARSCOPE 3
dua loqe t fort 7 hr fifi41 13
do benit sex me vellain ose motren (May '11) Sat toni toni 1,302

Albania People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE