The science: Uncovering an ocean

Jun 14, 2012 Full story: The Economist 60

ALESUND IS a special place in Arctic science. A huddle of wooden buildings by an icy fjord on Norway's island of Spitsbergen, high in the Barents Sea, it is the world's most northerly civilian settlement.

Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Space Blues

Angleton, TX

#1 Jun 14, 2012
A must read. I gave it five full cups of tea out of five.

http://www.economist.com/node/21556802
IAmDigitap

Los Angeles, CA

#3 Jun 14, 2012
Space Blues wrote:
A must read. I gave it five full cups of tea out of five.
http://www.economist.com/node/21556802
You're a hick who thawt the economist was real journalism.
Space Blues

Angleton, TX

#4 Jun 14, 2012
IAmDigitap wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a hick who thawt the economist was real journalism.
Not real??

Why??
IAmDigitap

Los Angeles, CA

#5 Jun 14, 2012
Space Blues wrote:
<quoted text>I HAZ DISCUVERT LIBRUL INNERWEBz !WoW!
Because I said it's not.
Space Blues

Angleton, TX

#6 Jun 15, 2012
While attributing global warming to humans is hardly a new conclusion, this study adds to research intended to tease apart the effects of natural climate cycles, which can occur over decades, from changes caused by human alterations to the environment.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/47772440/ns/techn...

“Happy, warm and comfortable”

Since: Oct 10

Mountain hideaway, SE Spain

#7 Jun 15, 2012
SpamBot wrote:
While attributing global warming to humans
How much Glowbull warming do you attribute to humans?

“Denying those who deny nature”

Since: Jun 07

Norfolk va

#8 Jun 17, 2012
Oops, looks like the Economist based the majority of the article on the IPCC predictions and models. Both which have been proven wrong by scientific means.

And yes there is less ice than there was 2,000 years ago. Then again there was less ice 2,000 years ago than there was 10,000 years ago. Yet there is just as much ice as 20,000 years ago.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#9 Jun 17, 2012
MOSTLY.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#10 Jun 17, 2012
tina anne wrote:
Oops, looks like the Economist based the majority of the article on the IPCC predictions and models. Both which have been proven wrong by scientific means.
And yes there is less ice than there was 2,000 years ago. Then again there was less ice 2,000 years ago than there was 10,000 years ago. Yet there is just as much ice as 20,000 years ago.
BS.

Show US your evidence for: "Both which have been proven wrong by scientific means."

Your langusge is awful, by the way.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#11 Jun 17, 2012
tina's language is awful.

“Happy, warm and comfortable”

Since: Oct 10

Mountain hideaway, SE Spain

#12 Jun 17, 2012
SpamBot wrote:
MOSTLY.
What?
SpamBot wrote:
Your langusge[sic] is awful, by the way.
Your 'langusge' is worse.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#13 Jun 17, 2012
Earthling-1 wrote:
Your 'langusge' is worse.
Prove it!

tina "must of spoken" privately.(1)

And you don't "shink" from it.(2)

where:
(1) tina's grammar.
(2) minus one's language.

“Happy, warm and comfortable”

Since: Oct 10

Mountain hideaway, SE Spain

#14 Jun 17, 2012
SpamBot wrote:
<quoted text>
How much Glowbull warming do you attribute to humans?
And "MOSTLY" isn't the right answer, little spambotty.

“Denying those who deny nature”

Since: Jun 07

Norfolk va

#15 Jun 17, 2012
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>BS.
Show US your evidence for: "Both which have been proven wrong by scientific means."
Your langusge is awful, by the way.
And that from a person who spelled language as "langusge". I was talking about the article and the evidence that it referred to the IPCC is there. If your talking about the evidence the IPCC model is wrong. Just look up the predictions and base that with the current weather reports.

The fact is that the IPCC models and predictions are jokes. As for showing you evidence, do your own research. Or show the evidence that they are right.

As for language, grammar, and spelling. As long as what I am posting is better than what you are posting I am doing ok on that.

“Denying those who deny nature”

Since: Jun 07

Norfolk va

#16 Jun 17, 2012
Earthling-1 wrote:
<quoted text>What?<quoted text>Your 'langusge' is worse.
The first step in improving is to first admit to oneself that you have a problem. I realized that I had a problem and SpaceBlues has yet to realize it.

“Happy, warm and comfortable”

Since: Oct 10

Mountain hideaway, SE Spain

#17 Jun 17, 2012
tina anne wrote:
The first step in improving is to first admit to oneself that you have a problem. I realized that I had a problem and SpaceBlues has yet to realize it.
Poor little lad, he thinks he's perfect.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#18 Jun 17, 2012
tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>
And that from a person who spelled language as "langusge". I was talking about the article and the evidence that it referred to the IPCC is there. If your talking about the evidence the IPCC model is wrong. Just look up the predictions and base that with the current weather reports.
The fact is that the IPCC models and predictions are jokes. As for showing you evidence, do your own research. Or show the evidence that they are right.
As for language, grammar, and spelling. As long as what I am posting is better than what you are posting I am doing ok on that.
You are fooling yourself. Read #11. I caught my own typo and corrected it. I've never seen you notice your mistakes, even when they were pointed out by so many posters.

You do the same grammar and knowledge mistakes because you don't know any better.

Science is foreign territory for you.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#19 Jun 17, 2012
.. the Arctic is warming roughly twice as fast as the rest of the planet.

http://www.economist.com/node/21556921...

In the end, the world is likely to get a grip on global warming. The survival instinct demands it. But it is likely to lose a lot of the unique Arctic first. That would be a terrible pity.
IAmDigitap

Los Angeles, CA

#20 Jun 17, 2012
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>
Science is foreign territory for you.
HAY! THuH TREEMOMITURS SED WEz ALL GONA DYE CAWS THAY IZ

REEL
GOOD
HEET
SINT
SURS!

Soil Foodweb is an international soil biology group providing laboratory soil testing and soil biology consultancy services. It was founded by Dr Elaine Ingham, a leading international soil microbiologist. The systems developed by Dr Ingham have been designed to analyse the microbiology present in soil samples and to develop appropriate responses to achieve desired levels and balances of soil microbiology.
2010_May Liebig's Law of the Minimum

In 1828, the German botanist, Carl Sprengel, developed one of the principles of agriculture, later popularised by Justus von Liebig, a German chemist. This principle is known as "Liebig's Law of the Minimum".

Liebig's Law suggests that plant growth is controlled, not by the total amount of nutrients or resources available, but by the availability of the scarcest resource. Simplistically, water can be seen as one of those resources and we know that it doesn't matter how many other resources there are in the soil for our crops, without any water those crops ain't gonna grow. Liebig's Law is often described as being like a wooden barrel with different length staves, where each stave represents a different resource. The amount of water able to be held in the barrel (an analogy for plant growth) is quite obviously determined by the length of the shortest stave (the availability of the scarcest resource).

LIEBIG'S LAW you IGNORANT F***G GRUBWORM.

LIE
BIG
already HAS A LAW ASSOCIATED WITH IT

about your
LIE
BIG
CHERCH.

“Happy, warm and comfortable”

Since: Oct 10

Mountain hideaway, SE Spain

#21 Jun 18, 2012
SpamBot wrote:
In the end, the world is likely to get a grip on global warming. The survival instinct demands it. But it is likely to lose a lot of the unique Arctic first. That would be a terrible pity.
How about the loss of ice sheets that once covered much of North America, isn't that also a "terrible pity?"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

World News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Secret Dead Of Russia's Undeclared War 2 min Oliver Cromwell 13
Macedonia defends use of constitutional name (Oct '07) 2 min Filip II Reincarn... 510
Islam Will Conquer Italy and the Entire West (Sep '10) 4 min chazmo 393,623
A Sea of Blue Salutes Fallen Police Officer 4 min cops are psychos 22
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 5 min Frijoles 71,283
US and Cuba move to normalize ties, open embassy 6 min barefoot2626 301
UK Jews feel anti-Semitic backlash 6 min nobbles 1,729
More from around the web