Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Apr 25, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Psychology Today

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Comments
7,201 - 7,220 of 21,446 Comments Last updated Sunday Aug 17

“Darwin died for your sins”

Since: Aug 08

Nunya

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2012

Judged:

Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the REPUBLIC for which it stands, one nation indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
Your's is way better.
Dak-original

Manchester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2012

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
In democracy if some one wins by one vote, then he is declared elected and the loosing candidate gets nothing.
In this world people who believe in God are in overwhelming majority, but it is the minority who is making all the noise.
And these people live and die by democracy!!
Is it not absurd?
Hitler had a majority in an election and then vast majority of his countrymen supported him. Democracy does not necessarily deliver right government. However, it is the best way to a possible transfer of power. Belief is just that and most belief matters are based on either the total/part ignorance of the masses or the masses acceptance of the religious dogma without questioning it. OH! MUQ you will be judged "one day" and punished for knowingly sold lies!

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2012

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
In democracy if some one wins by one vote, then he is declared elected and the loosing candidate gets nothing.
In this world people who believe in God are in overwhelming majority, but it is the minority who is making all the noise.
Is it not absurd?
Because how correct something is, is not a matter of how many people think its correct, but how inherently correct it is.
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2012

MUQ wrote:
Is it not absurd?
Trust someone from Saudi Arabia to talk of democracy without reference to freedom of the media, freedom of speech and expression, equal rights, secularism, or protection of minority rights and interests.

There is more to democracy than voting, Muq.(Note the small 'd' in democracy. Nothing to do with 'Western Democracy').

You're educated and bright enough to understand all that, Muq. May I suggest that you put far, far more thought into your posts.
(You and I are boring enough when we are thoughtful!:-)
Dak-original

Manchester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2012

Judged:

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Because how correct something is, is not a matter of how many people think its correct, but how inherently correct it is.
Well put!
Dak-original

Manchester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2012

Judged:

EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>Trust someone from Saudi Arabia to talk of democracy without reference to freedom of the media, freedom of speech and expression, equal rights, secularism, or protection of minority rights and interests.
There is more to democracy than voting, Muq.(Note the small 'd' in democracy. Nothing to do with 'Western Democracy').
You're educated and bright enough to understand all that, Muq. May I suggest that you put far, far more thought into your posts.
MUQ knows that Islamic ideology is anti democratic and does not even conform to the 1948 UN Declaration of Human Rights!
Dak-original

Manchester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2012

Judged:

EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>Trust someone from Saudi Arabia to talk of democracy without reference to freedom of the media, freedom of speech and expression, equal rights, secularism, or protection of minority rights and interests.
MUQ is from India and spends time in both countries.

“I beleave in reason not god”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2012

rather or not religion will disappear. I don`t see it happening. if for only the fact that the religious tend to more children then nonreligious

Since: Mar 11

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2012

Judged:

Very well said!
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2012

madscot wrote:
<quoted text>
In a republic (America), the minority are protected from the tyrany of the majority.
I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the REPUBLIC for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
I do not see the Muslim Minority in USA being protected against the Majority.... There are SOME MINORITIES that are more protected. So this is not a general rule.

There is no liberty and justice for ALL, but for select few.
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2012

Judged:

EdSed wrote:
But is the Western Democracy that Western Nations are too eager to force on Muslim nations in the world.

The REAL DEMOCRACY is what Islam gives to its followers.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2012

Judged:

PS:

You seem to forget that I am a national of India and I know more about Democracy than anyone else in the Western World.

And as an Indian, I can see all that is wrong in Western Democracy being practiced in India.

Nunya

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2012

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not see the Muslim Minority in USA being protected against the Majority.... There are SOME MINORITIES that are more protected. So this is not a general rule.
Not sure how you come to that conclusion living in the KSA.

Nunya

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2012

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
PS:
You seem to forget that I am a national of India and I know more about Democracy than anyone else in the Western World.
And as an Indian, I can see all that is wrong in Western Democracy being practiced in India.
Obviously you don't. You don't know what a democratic republic is.

“Fortes Fortuna Juvat, ”

Since: Dec 09

Wichita. Ks.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2012

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
You really are misinform.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
But is the Western Democracy that Western Nations are too eager to force on Muslim nations in the world.
The REAL DEMOCRACY is what Islam gives to its followers.
You have no idea what real democracy is. Islam like other religions gives nothing but false hope, and ignores right and wrong.
MUQ wrote:
PS:
Could it be that you’re practicing it wrong.
You know more about democracy than anyone?
But you refuse to recognize fundamental rights.

“Fortes Fortuna Juvat, ”

Since: Dec 09

Wichita. Ks.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2012

madscot wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously you don't. You don't know what a democratic republic is.
Well there are many here in the U.S. that do not know.

We cannot expect someone like MUQ to understand right and wrong, good and evil, let alone the republic of the U.S.

Nunya

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2012

Very Cynical Person wrote:
<quoted text>
Well there are many here in the U.S. that do not know.
We cannot expect someone like MUQ to understand right and wrong, good and evil, let alone the republic of the U.S.
Agreed. Just pointing out Muq's false claim of knowing more about democracy than anyone.

:-)

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2012

So you wish to change the subject because you are unable to answer questions about Islam? Oh Muq go hide behind a skirt.

Pathetic babbling.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2012

He knows more about cowardice and subject changing in terror than anyone in the west ! Lmfao!!!
madscot wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed. Just pointing out Muq's false claim of knowing more about democracy than anyone.
:-)
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2012

madscot wrote:
<quoted text>
Not sure how you come to that conclusion living in the KSA.
Same way you know so much about Saudi Arabia despite never setting foot there.... and the way you know about so many Muslim countries in the world, without setting foot there.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••