Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Apr 25, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Psychology Today

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Comments (Page 144)

Showing posts 2,861 - 2,880 of20,851
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
wolverine

Greeley, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2012

Cpt Jack Sparrow wrote:
The moral high ground ill becomes you Wolvie after all the vile things you've written about Indians..........
Been entertaining the neighbors with your exibitionisn lately an how's your buddy at the gas station friend of mine observed you boys never mind just when.......... <quoted text>
I Am 1/4 Cherokee, Capt.....I Just Cant Stand Ignorance And Drunkin Laziness

“....hoist the Jolly Roger ”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2012

No but I got some for other folks, shame you bein inelgible, When Mexican's an Indian's with higher IQs Qualify for benifits your White Azz is too stupid to share, Bwa Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha !
wolverine wrote:
Use Some Of The Obama Funny Money For Education ,
Capt....LOL

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2012

The differenc is I engage in intellegent debate with intellegent posters, an don't lie to boost my image,
wolverine wrote:
<quoted text>
I Do The Same With You.....The Insults Are In Response To Insults From You....Funny How That Works...Huh ?
wolverine

Greeley, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2012

Cpt Jack Sparrow wrote:
The differenc is I engage in intellegent debate with intellegent posters, an don't lie to boost my image, <quoted text>
Oxymoron
wolverine

Greeley, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2012

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Show me where I outright insulted you.
Dont Care....Better Things To Do...LOL

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2012

Well don't drink an get a job not much ye can do about the first one. Yer Family of self loathers (worst kind of racists) went White no wonder ye've posted so much hate concernin Us Real Indians, I'm Cherrokee an Made It without hidin' my colors. expect no sympathy from me..........
wolverine wrote:
<quoted text>
I Am 1/4 Cherokee, Capt.....I Just Cant Stand Ignorance And Drunkin Laziness

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2012

wolverine wrote:
<quoted text>
Or is it that when I make an assertion which opposes your view you see it as an attack on you and thus you inherently consider it an insult? You should perhaps realize that opposing views are not insults, nor are assertions made with evidence.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2012

Can't answer Cornered ?
wolverine wrote:
<quoted text>

Since: Dec 10

Fogelsville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2012

wolverine wrote:
<quoted text>
These Are Not Facts....Science Cannot Prove These " Theories "
Really??? You can disprove the findings of the US geological survey??? LOL!!!! By all means, please present your data!!!LOL!! I love the arrorgance of you godbots. Sorry little wolfie, I need more than you sayin' it ain't so. You have a track record of being dishonest, as most godbots do, so your word doesn't carry much weight with me.

Fogelsville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2012

wolverine wrote:
<quoted text>
No....The Scientific Evidences Were That Mayan And Hopi, Both Spoke Of A Massive Comet That Came Close To The Earth, And Its Very Long Tail Made It Rain For 40 Days And Nights.
If Your Not Going To Read The Evidence. Dont Reply At All.
Post a link for this evidence. I can use the laugh. Who verified this comet? Has it been back? Do you know the difference between "legend" and "fact"? Obviously in your desperation, you do not.

Fogelsville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2012

wolverine wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL.....These Are The Same People Who Claimed Passing Comets Cooled The Swirling Mass Of The Earth And Left The Planet Covered With 70 Percent Water ?
Please...Hypothesis And Speculation By No Means Equates Into Proof.
Yet you are ready to believe the reports that a comet passed by the earth and made it rain for forty days and nights?

How selective you are! LOL!!

Fogelsville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2012

Judged:

wolverine wrote:
<quoted text>
In other words, you just got caught lying again. LOL!!
Jehovah is God

Claremore, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2012

Judged:

According to the word of God or the Bible, all false religion and all Atheists will be removed from this earth, I am positive way before 2038.
Revelation 18:4

The Bible teaches only the meek will inherit this earth, that means you have to be teachable or willing to learn and obey what is required to survive the end of this world ruled by Satan. Psalms 37: 11

I realize Atheists do not believe in God, but even common sense forces mankind to know that things are not getting better on this earth, and before the end does come, we all will become faint out of fear for the things coming upon this earth.
Luke 21:26

Remember Jehovah God loves his earthly children, he doesn't want any of them to be destroyed at Armageddon. Revelation 16:16

It is Christendom that is responsible for making many Atheists, because of the false doctrines it teaches. Burning hellfire punishment, immortal soul, rapture, homosexual unions, and all the other false teachings that turn man away from our loving heavenly Father, Almighty God Jehovah.

Jesus is our reigning King and Judge today, he is the only one that knows the true motivations of your heart, start your Bible study with Jehovah's witnesses to learn the truth about God and life, then make the decision to know, love and serve God or not. There is no punishment except death, that is wages of sin. Romans 6:23

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2012

Jehovah is God wrote:
According to the word of God or the Bible, all false religion and all Atheists will be removed from this earth, I am positive way before 2038.
The Bible teaches only the meek will inherit this earth, that means you have to be teachable or willing to learn and obey what is required to survive the end of this world ruled by Satan. Psalms 37: 11
I realize Atheists do not believe in God, but even common sense forces mankind to know that things are not getting better on this earth, and before the end does come, we all will become faint out of fear for the things coming upon this earth.
Remember Jehovah God loves his earthly children, he doesn't want any of them to be destroyed at Armageddon. Revelation 16:16
It is Christendom that is responsible for making many Atheists, because of the false doctrines it teaches. Burning hellfire punishment, immortal soul, rapture, homosexual unions, and all the other false teachings that turn man away from our loving heavenly Father, Almighty God Jehovah.
Jesus is our reigning King and Judge today, he is the only one that knows the true motivations of your heart, start your Bible study with Jehovah's witnesses to learn the truth about God and life, then make the decision to know, love and serve God or not. There is no punishment except death, that is wages of sin. Romans 6:23
Prove that things are not getting better, and show your work lest you be shown a total fool, or retract this fallacious assertion.
EdSed

Wishaw, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2012

Jehovah is God wrote:
If you need to talk, there are people who can help...
http://therapists.psychologytoday.com/rms/sta...

e.g. quote, "As a licensed Professional Counselor I deal with many different types of issues during therapy including; Marriage Counseling, Family Therapy, Grief, Trauma, Anxiety, Phobias, Depression, Sexual Addictions, ADHD, Anger Management, and those struggling from all types of Childhood Abuse.."

“I am me. You are you.”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2012

wolverine wrote:
<quoted text>Ugly Kitten Wrote [Quote]

An educated person also uses correct grammar and punctuation, and that, you do not.
Why insult?

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2012

Judged:

Nontheist wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure PANGU would be pleased with your decision to believe in him, dead though he may be.
God the Father always was and always will be.

“I am me. You are you.”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2012

The serpent was right wrote:
<quoted text>Let's put it like this....

What is the definition of free? Answer "without cost"

Let's demonstrate free will:
Person 1: I believe in god.
God: When you die, you get to come to heaven.
Person 2: Well I don't believe in god.
God: When you die, you get to go to heaven.

Do you see how that is free will? No matter what choice you make, there is no cost.
Now, let's look at what you consider free will...

Person 1: I believe in god.
God: When you die, you get to come to heaven.
Person 2: Well I don't believe in god.
God: When you die, you will be tortured forever in hell.

What's free about that?
This is a good question which genuinely caused me to wonder. But in my attempt to support your stance, I ran into an obstacle.

Freedom of will lies within the availability of a choice. But cost lies in the consequence of that choice. In other words, I am free to stick my hand in a lit furnace every day if I so choose. There is nothing keeping me from or forcing me to do that.(This is the free will) And this still remains true even if there are two opposing groups observing my actions, one of which entices me to stick my hand in the furnace, the other advising me not to. I am still free to choose to do it or not.

However, there are consequences for both choices. I stick my hand in, I get burned. I don't stick my hand in, I don't get burned. Both are equally consequential. But because only one of the two choices alters the natural state of one's flesh not burning, only one choice is considered to have a 'cost'. Does this make sense?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2012

Judged:

carefulgirl wrote:
I have a firm religious faith and I believe. I am happy with this but dont ramm it down other peoples life. Major religions give the same basic advice in morals and behaviour- this seems to be someting lacking in life today- rich get richer, poor get poor, low morals, sleeping around, getting drunk, taking drugs and generally the attitude I can do what the hell I like regardless - at least religion keeps people remembering that this is not how peaceful life should be!!
I believe it's not so much as most religious people wanting to ram religion down people's throat, although some do, it's the fact that athiest are trying to sell athiesm and religious people are fighting that problem.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2012

Judged:

Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
You claim to not ram it down...yet here you are.
On an ATHEIST thread.
Attempting to ram it down their collective throats.
Or else you wouldn't have bothered a comment....!
Interesting, however; God will not let his word be destroyed and religious people entering ill threads such as this are probably necessary to stop the increase of athiesm. Right now about 83% of Americans believe in God.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 2,861 - 2,880 of20,851
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

96 Users are viewing the World News Forum right now

Search the World News Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Yes, White American 'Girls Next Door' Can Be So... 7 min kahinaD 21
Pakistan, Turkey asked to implement PTA soon : ... 8 min BrainDeadPAKIs 3
Serbs denied visit to Kosovo town on Good Friday 9 min ServoCriminalNation 34
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 9 min Hillie Billie Boganed 109,866
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 10 min JOEL COOL DUDE 65,254
New York mayor promises IDs for undocumented im... 12 min MacDaddyobama 389
Islam Will Conquer Italy and the Entire West (Sep '10) 13 min Aliroger1 324,628
•••
•••
•••
•••