No Muslim can think of profaning holy Prophet (PBUH): Altaf

Full story: Daily Times

'Even minorities living in Pakistan cannot blaspheme against the holy Prophet , hence I appeal to religious leaders of every shade of religious persuasion to stop their demonstrations after clear assurances from Prime Minister Yousaf Raza Gilani that no amendment is being made in the blasphemy law,' Altaf said while talking to an assembly of MQM ...
Comments
17,301 - 17,320 of 49,163 Comments Last updated 29 min ago

“Free Speeech in a Free World ”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2012

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
If an individual refused to pay JIZYA, then it was like any one refusing to pay Govt. Tax or due. It was a civil disobedience and he could face jail term unless he pays back.
If it was a collective refusal by the whole tribe, then it was a one sided breakage of pact and a declaration of war.
Instances of both types are available in Islamic history.
Declaration of war on those who don't pay,followed by their death ?
Do you agree with this analogy ?
Dak-original

Reading, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2012

Neville Thompson wrote:
<quoted text>
Declaration of war on those who don't pay,followed by their death ?
Do you agree with this analogy ?
No true religion from GOD would be punitive in that manner. All religions are nothing but invention of humans. Human psyche evolved needing belief and hence humans invent religions, with accompanying claims of divine being on board.

However, in my view one cannot not believe in GOD. Perhaps GOD tests us all on our performance, influence and resposibility whilst we are here a short while.

“Free Speeech in a Free World ”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2012

Dak-original wrote:
<quoted text>
No true religion from GOD would be punitive in that manner. All religions are nothing but invention of humans. Human psyche evolved needing belief and hence humans invent religions, with accompanying claims of divine being on board.
However, in my view one cannot not believe in GOD. Perhaps GOD tests us all on our performance, influence and responsibility whilst we are here a short while.
I don't see how a religion can be founded on this process.
MUQ has a lot of explaining for us to understand how Islam is reported to be that of a religion of peace and tranquility when it's history shows it to be no different to thuggery

“FREEDOM OF MIND & SOUL-”

Since: Aug 08

MILKY WAY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2012

Please forgive MUQ for putting forward opinion of his family as a general opinion on conversion.

It is true that MUQ's forefathers were Bhangi and converted to Islam due to pure love for Muslim invader's sht ! His ignorance on forced conversion is understandable !
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
11. Most people in India chose to accept Islam to get themselves free from this caste based segregation of Hinduism, and that is the main reason even today of people accepting islam in India.
12. Our “experts” try to hide this weakness of Hinduism and try to project as if JIZYA was the MAIN reason for Hindus accepting Islam. This is not true and will not become true.
PS:
And if some Muslim rulers misused Islamic Guidelines and tried to get more from JIZYA than what was its purpose, then it is their own mistakes and not Islam’s.

“FREEDOM OF MIND & SOUL-”

Since: Aug 08

MILKY WAY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2012

Yep.....to start this revolution first we needaa take away voting right from Muslims in all democratic community.....anyway they don't believe in democracy ...it will be justified !
ilovedesigirls wrote:
We should force Muslims in the West and India to pay a special tax for all the nuisances they cause. And no more welfare to pay for their twelve kids. Let them have a taste of their own dough. Propagate this. Twitter this. Like this. Wake up people.
chuy

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2012

PAKIStAN is HELL wrote:
PAKISTAN is the only country which is bringing DISGRACE to the religion. Many islamic countries believe in LIVE AND LET LIVE. Pakistan is supporting terrorism, super-corrupted leaders, rotten and degraded curriculum; hence a total failed state. THE ROOT PROBLEM FOR THE HONORED ISLAM is PAKISTAN.
THEY DO WRONG IN THE NAME OF RELIGION, its a sign of coward.
..This is unfair....Pakistan is poor and uneducated ...they are victims ...of imported and financed Saudi wahhabism ...
Jake Bradock

Brisbane, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2012

Yes......we know, muslims are always the victom, even when there sawing the head off an innocent person there crying the victom......what a joke.
chuy

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2012

xXNazir_ShahXx wrote:
<quoted text> yehh im muslim i believe you shouldnt have children you cant support by your own means, honour killings, domestic violence and arranged mariages should be harshly punished and new generation muslims should spread information on why it is wrong to force women into marriage and how honour killing is completely haram .
..I disagree ...only God gives life ...if I do not have the means to support this "gift" I need assistance ...as abortion ..is murder ...

honor killing is murder..
domestic violence ....if you choose to stay in the relationship ..I tend to blame the victim...forgive me ..
arranged marriage ...doesn't happen in my culture ...but it does not mean that it is wrong ...

my understanding is Islam is a culture of "shame" ....Christanity is a culture of "guilt" ...

Both are from the One True God ...mankind's judge ...
chuy

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2012

ilovedesigirls wrote:
We should force Muslims in the West and India to pay a special tax for all the nuisances they cause. And no more welfare to pay for their twelve kids. Let them have a taste of their own dough. Propagate this. Twitter this. Like this. Wake up people.
...I can not ..first we have laws against this ...also 12 muslims born in my country is a benefit ..they will love God and America ...children make a nation strong ....look at China ...poor as shit ...if not for their populace ...
chuy

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2012

ilovedesigirls wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmm taqqiya?
..you are quite astute ...for an atheist ...I'm very impressed ...and a little frightened ...

as I know we are not allies ....
chuy

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2012

Whoops wrote:
<quoted text>
Not true. Zakat was always a voluntary contribution and levels of jigya varied. Non believers always made to pay far more. why lie? Real GOD , I believe , will punish you., MUQ.~~OH! MUQ!
please ..don't be so hard on "MUQ" ...I suspect he is truly a "bacha bazi" ...for these wahhabis ...It they also ..who will be punished ....You posted to "Neville" ..God test us ...whilst we are here for a "short while" ...???...and then you exhort ...me to practice "YOGA" ...you are a very deep and complicated man "Whoops" .....now ..none can say weather or not you believe in reincarnations ...???

“Lextalionis”

Since: Apr 12

Chicago, Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2012

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Jizya was not just another tax like income tax and sales tax. It was based on religion. Non muslims had to pay their muslim rulers jizya tax. Only those who accepted islam got exemptions from this tax. Many people who wanted exemption from this tax, converted to islam.
Jizya is a per capita tax levied on a section of an Islamic state's non-Muslim citizens who were males and had reached the age of the military service. In return, non-Muslim citizens were permitted to practice their faith and enjoy a measure of communal autonomy and not pay the zakat taxes obligatory upon Muslim citizens. In theory it was same as taxation in Jewish states - In Matthew 17:24-27 we learn that even Jesus did pay a religion tax:
After Jesus and his disciples arrived in Capernaum, the collectors of the two-drachma tax came to Peter and asked, "Doesn't your teacher pay the temple tax?"
"Yes, he does," he replied.
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Muslim invaders defeated many non muslim countries and forced the people of those countries to pay this inhuman tax. Only Akbar the great lifted jizya tax over non muslums. He was secular. In civil society no religious tax is charged now. This tax was against social harmony.
Members of some religious congregations in Austria, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Iceland, Italy, Sweden, some parts of Switzerland and several other countries are still paying a Jizya styled tax, called Church Tax. And we are here talking about world's most advanced countries.

Why target Islam on this ground?

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2012

RepubIican wrote:
<quoted text>
Jizya is a per capita tax levied on a section of an Islamic state's non-Muslim citizens who were males and had reached the age of the military service. In return, non-Muslim citizens were permitted to practice their faith and enjoy a measure of communal autonomy and not pay the zakat taxes obligatory upon Muslim citizens. In theory it was same as taxation in Jewish states - In Matthew 17:24-27 we learn that even Jesus did pay a religion tax:
After Jesus and his disciples arrived in Capernaum, the collectors of the two-drachma tax came to Peter and asked, "Doesn't your teacher pay the temple tax?"
<quoted text>
Members of some religious congregations in Austria, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Iceland, Italy, Sweden, some parts of Switzerland and several other countries are still paying a Jizya styled tax, called Church Tax. And we are here talking about world's most advanced countries.
A Republican in Chicago? Is that legal?

:)

“Lextalionis”

Since: Apr 12

Chicago, Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2012

Judged:

Ravenclaw wrote:
<quoted text>
As much legal as a black man occupying a house meant for the whites !
(Obama - White House)!
Dak-original

Reading, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2012

chuy wrote:
<quoted text>
..This is unfair....Pakistan is poor and uneducated ...they are victims ...of imported and financed Saudi wahhabism ...
It is the educated classes which believe that the agenda of jihadism was okay and so the poor plebs are indoctrinated as if that agenda should be the uppermost in the list. Few sane voices are being aired on tV but who is listening when the electorate has been subject to mis-education. Even today, the plebs in Pakistan think that all violence in Pakistan is perpetrated by India! These lot will then think Mumbai 26/11 was justified.
Dak-original

Reading, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2012

chuy wrote:
<quoted text>please ..don't be so hard on "MUQ" ...I suspect he is truly a "bacha bazi" ...for these wahhabis ...It they also ..who will be punished ....You posted to "Neville" ..God test us ...whilst we are here for a "short while" ...???...and then you exhort ...me to practice "YOGA" ...you are a very deep and complicated man "Whoops" .....now ..none can say weather or not you believe in reincarnations ...???
No complications! I do not believe reincarnation is a fact. I may be proven wrong one day. Religions are inventions of humans but that does not mean all things discovered or nurtured by a belief faith followers over the years are useless. Yoga is a discovery which has been confirmed by modern medics as beneficial.
I have also stated it is healthy to believe since our psyche and brain developed during evolution when belief was a strut for humans in dire times. However, I ,myself , do not believe in religions. My belief is then restricted to GOD. Again, I may be proved wrong one day long time after I have or even when human specis have perished. However, I tend to think that there has to be something behind it all: life, matter, physical laws, etc. I believe that Real GOD planned all and since we will never be able to unravel GOd's mysteries fully ever, all we can do is make things better, value add to life and show compassion and make a positive input whilst here.
kg is crook
Dak-original

Reading, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2012

RepubIican wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
You know that church levies are not the same as tax and jizya tax is the type unique to Islam. It was tax not for tolerance purposes as you are trying to portray. Some ciy states paid regular monies so that they are left alone.(e.g. Dubornvik). Non-believers could not be taken to fight jihadist campaigns unless they were somehow converted.
Dak-original

Reading, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2012

Ravenclaw wrote:
<quoted text>
A republican would be democrat (generic!) but this one would, perhaps, support a shariat based theocracy if it was possible.
skeptic

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2012

Dak-original wrote:
<quoted text>
You know that church levies are not the same as tax and jizya tax is the type unique to Islam. It was tax not for tolerance purposes as you are trying to portray. Some ciy states paid regular monies so that they are left alone.(e.g. Dubornvik). Non-believers could not be taken to fight jihadist campaigns unless they were somehow converted.
Muslims converted for Jihad by Extortion.
The savage truth of Mohammed and the savagery of Muslims to protect their lies:
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/Quran/004-j...
Dak-original

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2012

Temple prostitution still alive in India
By Kate Taylor

Posted Jan 11, 2012

Imagine living in a society in which you are judged by your station in life, determined by your birth, rather than by your individual worth or accomplishments. As a member of the lowest rung of society, you can barely keep food on the table for your wife and two daughters.
When your wife becomes ill after giving birth to a third daughter who, unlike the son you had hoped for, will be an unbearable financial burden, you have only one choice: You must dedicate your daughter to the goddess as a devadasis, a temple prostitute.

By dedicating your baby, you have given her a profession and a way to obtain food for her family. Perhaps the goddess will now show favor to your family, sparing your wife’s life and filling her womb with the long-awaited boy child. Your daughter’s sacrifice is small compared to your entire family’s alternative fate of starvation. If her body is the price the goddess asks, it must be paid.
In India, the devadasi (day-vah-dah-see) system, a Hindu practice of temple prostitution, has existed for more than 5,000 years, says David Dass, executive director of the India Gospel League. In the state of Karnataka, where he and his wife live, starving families dedicate hundreds of girls each year to the goddess Yellamma. The children are forced to begin a life of prostitution at age 11 or 12.
“From the very beginning, they’re being exploited as babies,” says Annette Romick, a humanitarian aid worker in India.“Then, when they hit maturity, their bodies are exploited by men. Even when their bodies are no longer desirable to men, they are still exploited and abused because that stigma is on them. They can never escape from it. It’s a trap that they’re stuck in; it’s a living hell that they’re experiencing.”
The word devadasi literally translates to “god’s female servant.” Parents usually choose to dedicate their daughters as infants to the goddess Yellamma, in hopes of gaining the goddess’ favor or easing a financial burden.

Once dedicated, a girl is considered to be married to the goddess and is never allowed to marry a man. When the girl reaches physical maturity, she is forced to begin her life as a prostitute.

“Since 1982, the devadasi system has been banned by the government of India and Karnataka,” says Joseph Paul, a Christian pastor ministering among devadasis.“But there are underground practices – nobody knows how they practice and how they dedicate.”

Our parents gave us birth and threw us on the street. Men come and use us, finish their job and go.Sugandha,* former devadasis

Because the devadasis practice has gone underground, the women work mostly from their homes, only visiting the temple to beg money from worshippers. Many of the prostitutes are trafficked to the red light districts of Mumbai, Pune, Bangalore and other large cities.

“Our parents gave us birth and threw us on the street. Men come and use us, finish their job and go,” says Sugandha, a former devadasis receiving assistance from a non-governmental organization.
In the Hindu religion, devadasis have hope for a better life only through the cycle of rebirth. Few devadasis have ever heard the name of Jesus Christ who offers hope for this life and for eternity.

“Their lives have been ruined, and they feel like trash that’s just been used over and over again and just discarded,” Romick says.“They need to know the love of Christ and the only way that they’re going to have that is if we go and tell them.”

Devadasis come mainly from impoverished families of the untouchables class, the lowest rung of Hindu society. They are used and exploited by men. Sometimes they receive compensation for their services, sometimes not. A vulnerable population, the devadasis are susceptible to HIV, AIDS and other sexually transmitted diseases.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

38 Users are viewing the World News Forum right now

Search the World News Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Islam Will Conquer Italy and the Entire West (Sep '10) 6 min Dalit Trolls Bashers 356,183
Donnie Foster announces candidacy for Fannin Co... (Feb '08) 10 min Official Historian 6
Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 10 min ritedownthemiddle 32,035
Poland's Jewish museum gets interior decoration 11 min Mr Slovak 7
Chinese govt. uses Japan-bashing to bolster its... 11 min It is so Amazing 31
Serbian village raises complaint about UAE purc... 13 min PARAGA 16
Moscow reopens Cold War spy post in Cuba 13 min Shinichiro Takizawa 20
Malaysia Airlines flight MH17 shot down over Uk... 21 min Myth Buster 624
•••
•••