Israeli ground forces enter Gaza in escalation

Full story: The Associated Press

Israel's military says ground forces are crossing the Gaza border in an escalation of Israel's week-old offensive against the territory's militant Hamas rulers.
Comments
321 - 340 of 539 Comments Last updated Apr 25, 2009

“Si vis pacem, para bellum”

Since: Dec 07

Former US of A

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#401
Jan 15, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

1

lilalo wrote:
<quoted text>
British plans bear no weight in this.
Do you mean that it was realistic on their part to suggest a population tranferance so that the unrealistic maps you people keep showing become livable reality?
Then again Colonial Britain is known to leaving a political havoc from wherever it withdrew in the World.British Sociology is full of such analyses.
I cannot imagine anyone on Earth accepting a decision such as that one and which means having to become exile from your land and private property so that someone who just arrived can get in!!!
All of Israeli behaviour based on that British plan shows political frivolty,stupidity and cynicism.You cannot ignore the fact of the existence of a people!!!!!!!!!
Only fools would have done a thing like that and dare call it their national policy.
I find it fascinating that you would make the statement "You cannot ignore the fact of the existence of a people" when Hamas exists, if for no other reason, to deny Israelis their existence.(Read the Hamas Charter)
Palestinians chose to have Hamas represent them knowing full well what it's goals are. Israel gives Gaza back to the Palestinians which of course means Hamas and what is the result? They have a new location from which to launch rockets at Israel. Now you people have the audacity to look surprised and shocked. Unbelievable!

Since: Oct 08

Glasgow

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#403
Jan 15, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Danny Girl wrote:
why are they all fighting over the Gaza Strip??
Good question caller.

Gaza was handed over to the Palestinians by Israel in 2005. At that time the Gaza Government was the Fatahs who were ousted in an election in 2006 by the Hamas who then expelled the Fatahs from Gaza leaving that region a virtual dictatorship without any effective opposition.

The Hamas policy is the destruction of Israel and the setting up of Islamic States throughout Palestine. As the majority of Palestinians disagreement with Israel is mostly about borders, and the Fatahs in particular have no wish to live in an "Islamic State", this extremist policy has previously isolated the Hamas from taking any realistic part in "peace talks" in that region.

So the Hamas only feasable option is violence against Israel (and the Fatahs too)and then by exploiting the worlds sympathy for their own victims of a "war" they themselves provoked they can conceal their own agenda and thus gain more support for their "cause".

“Si vis pacem, para bellum”

Since: Dec 07

Former US of A

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#404
Jan 15, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

1

IcebergLaddie wrote:
<quoted text>
Good question caller.
Gaza was handed over to the Palestinians by Israel in 2005. At that time the Gaza Government was the Fatahs who were ousted in an election in 2006 by the Hamas who then expelled the Fatahs from Gaza leaving that region a virtual dictatorship without any effective opposition.
The Hamas policy is the destruction of Israel and the setting up of Islamic States throughout Palestine. As the majority of Palestinians disagreement with Israel is mostly about borders, and the Fatahs in particular have no wish to live in an "Islamic State", this extremist policy has previously isolated the Hamas from taking any realistic part in "peace talks" in that region.
So the Hamas only feasable option is violence against Israel (and the Fatahs too)and then by exploiting the worlds sympathy for their own victims of a "war" they themselves provoked they can conceal their own agenda and thus gain more support for their "cause".
Very well said and quite accurate.
Mark

Dubai, UAE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#405
Jan 16, 2009
 

Judged:

2

2

2

And not to mention the reason for all the civilian deaths are because Hamas fire rockets from crowded areas, and Israel fires back killing the civilians in hope to kill the Hamas, just proves what kind of people Hamas are, fighting behind the children.

“Si vis pacem, para bellum”

Since: Dec 07

Former US of A

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#406
Jan 16, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Mark wrote:
And not to mention the reason for all the civilian deaths are because Hamas fire rockets from crowded areas, and Israel fires back killing the civilians in hope to kill the Hamas, just proves what kind of people Hamas are, fighting behind the children.
Of course. These have been the tactics of Hamas all along. Hamas is delighted to put their "own" people in harms way if it earns them public opinion points. Look at all the civilian causalities! "Those damn Jews"

Brilliant tactics Hamas! Low life, scumbag tactics.....but brilliant non the less.
Mark

Dubai, UAE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#407
Jan 16, 2009
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Castle wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course. These have been the tactics of Hamas all along. Hamas is delighted to put their "own" people in harms way if it earns them public opinion points. Look at all the civilian causalities! "Those damn Jews"
Brilliant tactics Hamas! Low life, scumbag tactics.....but brilliant non the less.
I've seen pictures of Hamas members fighting between crowds or children and so on... Well OBVIOUSLY Israel is going to attack there... They have no other choice, Palestine has to accept the fact that Hamas is the reason for this war, and Hamas is the reason for all the deaths, and Hamas will always bring more back luck onto Palestine until they are removed of the face of this earth.
Hope Israel does it soon.

“Si vis pacem, para bellum”

Since: Dec 07

Former US of A

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#408
Jan 16, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
I've seen pictures of Hamas members fighting between crowds or children and so on... Well OBVIOUSLY Israel is going to attack there... They have no other choice, Palestine has to accept the fact that Hamas is the reason for this war, and Hamas is the reason for all the deaths, and Hamas will always bring more back luck onto Palestine until they are removed of the face of this earth.
Hope Israel does it soon.
Indeed. However, Palestinians chose to appoint Hamas to represent them which I find perplexing, but they did none the less. I've seen no effort on their part to correct this or even a glimpse of regret. So here we are. I too hope Israel finally finishes this once and for all.
Harry

Schoonhoven, Netherlands

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#409
Jan 16, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Raymond wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Harry. No my friend, it is not my view that is wrong. What is WRONG!!!! is that other peoples land was conviscated by the allies and jewish terrorism to set up a bogus state, on the basis of religion. Why in PALISTINE? Why not in the USA? The Americans have plenty of land. But, I think the American government of the time said NO to a jew state in palistine. This is a FACT. In the end, OK, Not here (USA)
The reall bogus state is pl.
The Israelians has the one and only right to this land.
That's a fact,even long bc.
Harry

Schoonhoven, Netherlands

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#410
Jan 16, 2009
 

Judged:

1

Castle wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed. However, Palestinians chose to appoint Hamas to represent them which I find perplexing, but they did none the less. I've seen no effort on their part to correct this or even a glimpse of regret. So here we are. I too hope Israel finally finishes this once and for all.
So do i.
And after this job is done,let's be serious of finding osama bin....
Like to see this rat hanged on the same rope that whas on sadam.Only now with some shoes on it.
(Not mine,i need them since it's cold up here).
Burt

Woodbridge, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#411
Jan 16, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Castle wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed. However, Palestinians chose to appoint Hamas to represent them which I find perplexing, but they did none the less. I've seen no effort on their part to correct this or even a glimpse of regret. So here we are. I too hope Israel finally finishes this once and for all.
I think they chose Hamas because they were fed up with Fatah corruption. This doesn't excuse them though for failing to protest Hamas rocket attacks.
Harry

Schoonhoven, Netherlands

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#412
Jan 16, 2009
 

Judged:

1

Castle wrote:
<quoted text>
I find it fascinating that you would make the statement "You cannot ignore the fact of the existence of a people" when Hamas exists, if for no other reason, to deny Israelis their existence.(Read the Hamas Charter)
Palestinians chose to have Hamas represent them knowing full well what it's goals are. Israel gives Gaza back to the Palestinians which of course means Hamas and what is the result? They have a new location from which to launch rockets at Israel. Now you people have the audacity to look surprised and shocked. Unbelievable!
lilalo seems to be very sure.
Whell,if he think hamas is so good and the Israelians are so bad,i challenge him to live for a while whit in reach of them pl rockets.
Like to find out his opinion then.

“Si vis pacem, para bellum”

Since: Dec 07

Former US of A

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#413
Jan 16, 2009
 

Judged:

1

Harry wrote:
<quoted text>
So do i.
And after this job is done,let's be serious of finding osama bin....
Like to see this rat hanged on the same rope that whas on sadam.Only now with some shoes on it.
(Not mine,i need them since it's cold up here).
Agreed. Lets put this chapter of Islamic terrorism behind us and nail down Osama.

LOL on the cold. I know it sounds crazy but I miss the cold down here in South Florida. I'm from Alaska and miss the fireplace thawing out my fingers and toes on cold winter nights.

“Si vis pacem, para bellum”

Since: Dec 07

Former US of A

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#414
Jan 16, 2009
 
Burt wrote:
<quoted text>
I think they chose Hamas because they were fed up with Fatah corruption. This doesn't excuse them though for failing to protest Hamas rocket attacks.
Yes, which leads me to believe they were aware of and not concerned with the fatal direction Hamas was intent on taking them.

I spent many years in Alexandria Va till 2006. I bet it's getting a bit chilly up there about now
Russian Empire

Woodstock, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#415
Jan 16, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Raymond wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Burt, You do make several points, where I can agree with you, being an athiest. However I will try and respond to your comments one at a time.
I reject capital punishment out right
I reject brutality and murder by an occupying power
I reject consentration camps (Cuba) for instance.
I reject MALE genital abuse, or is this just child abuse.
As for suicide bombings. Tell me how you would respond to tanks aircraft and the moral cowards who operate them. ect. When you have NOTHING, but they have killed your loved ones. Tell me would you just ROLL OVER!!
Look at recent history. The Jews are the TERRORISTS, the Palistinians are the VICTIMS. Thanks to the US Government
In your mind they are but you are just one opinion.
If your neighbors keep trying to kill you, your likely not going to be a very good neighbor yourself.
The West Bank and Gaza strip will become a Palestinian state at some time in the future for the first time in history.Israel, Judea had been
a nation until the Roman emperor Hadrian renamed it 135AD due to the Jews refusal to submit.
Mark

Dubai, UAE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#416
Jan 16, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Harry wrote:
<quoted text>
So do i.
And after this job is done,let's be serious of finding osama bin....
Like to see this rat hanged on the same rope that whas on sadam.Only now with some shoes on it.
(Not mine,i need them since it's cold up here).
They will get theirs, the same way Saddam, Hezbollah, and in the process Hamas are getting theirs. Justice will be brought upon these animals, Israel will not stand proud, neither would most of the world, unless these savages are gone.
I support you Israel, and wish you rid of them as quick as possible, this world needs peace and so far no one is reaching out for it but You.
Harry

Schoonhoven, Netherlands

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#419
Jan 16, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Somtimes wrote:
If Hamas would stop launching rockets inside another country, perhaps Israel will have a cease fire, until then, they will protect themselves.
No.It's certainly not perhaps a cease fire.
It's said over and over again by the Israelian authoritys.IF hamas stops,so will Israel.
The only answer from hamas whas and is a rain of rockets.
So tell me,just WHO are the villans.
Israel has no choice then to defend itself.
And the best defence in this case is to strike.
Southern Belle

Santee, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#420
Jan 16, 2009
 

Judged:

1

Castle wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed. Lets put this chapter of Islamic terrorism behind us and nail down Osama.
LOL on the cold. I know it sounds crazy but I miss the cold down here in South Florida. I'm from Alaska and miss the fireplace thawing out my fingers and toes on cold winter nights.
It's freezing in South Carolina too. I know this is off topic, but I too miss the cold (a little). Do you miss scraping off your car's windshield and defrosting the car lock before you go to work in the a.m.?
Harry

Schoonhoven, Netherlands

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#421
Jan 16, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Southern Belle wrote:
<quoted text>
It's freezing in South Carolina too. I know this is off topic, but I too miss the cold (a little). Do you miss scraping off your car's windshield and defrosting the car lock before you go to work in the a.m.?
I miss nothing of the cold.
Give me spring anytime.LOL
AbdulQ

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#422
Jan 16, 2009
 
Hamas in their own words:

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Harry

Schoonhoven, Netherlands

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#423
Jan 16, 2009
 
AbdulQ wrote:
Hamas in their own words:
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
It shows clearly what they are up to.
Whell.....if they starts in Holland,i will be something like arafat.
Then only without a tabelclod.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••