Briton to be deported from Philippines for victimizing women

Oct 28, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Standard

Philippine immigration officials are to deport a Briton accused of having sex with a number of women and breaking a promise to support them financially, officials said.

Comments (Page 3)

Showing posts 41 - 60 of60
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Go Blue

Lake Worth, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#48
Jun 11, 2010
 
You bet, this is a saving face thang.....

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#49
Jun 11, 2010
 
It's called Breach of Promise. As pointed out, there IS such a law, and when coupled with the age of the girl, could result in heavy penalties.
But, again, as pointed out, this law is not really enforced.
First, if I understood correctly, the circumstances make it a personal crime, not a crime against "people of the Philippines".
Rape used to be a personal crime, these days it is prosecuted with the "people of the Philippines" as the complainant.
It's a stupid law, if you ask me.
Everywhere, not just in the Philippines, women are victimized by sweet talking jackasses like this Brit.
Go Blue

Lake Worth, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#50
Jun 11, 2010
 
halohalo2, do they ever use this law againest pinoys?

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#51
Jun 11, 2010
 
Go Blue wrote:
halohalo2, do they ever use this law againest pinoys?
I don't think it's a question of whether they use this law against pinoys, or against anybody else.
it's that most lawyers seem to have forgotten such a law exists at all.
the law should be enforced on everybody, if it can't,then it's best abrogated or repealed.
Breach of promise carries a light sentence, really.

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#52
Jun 11, 2010
 
besides, who the heck keeps his promise nowadays ?
I certainly don't keep all my promises, mostly because I don't make any, and those I make, sometimes things happen that keeps me from keeping them.

We all have, in any country, become a generation of covenant breakers, starting with Philippine politicos.
Go Blue

Lake Worth, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#53
Jun 11, 2010
 
halohalo2 wrote:
besides, who the heck keeps his promise nowadays ?
I certainly don't keep all my promises, mostly because I don't make any, and those I make, sometimes things happen that keeps me from keeping them.
We all have, in any country, become a generation of covenant breakers, starting with Philippine politicos.
Yeah, i voted for, and still support Obama, but i wish he would stay a little closer to some of the promises he made too.....
Tsinelas

Wigan, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#54
Oct 22, 2010
 
Don't you think filipino men don't do these business impregnating different girls even the underage ones . Many Filipino men do this too, they just leg it away easily and not any big news you can find in the papers .All are left as gossips in town ,that's all about it .I haven't even heard of any pinoy put to prison for the same reason .

I agree with previous posters here .It's total hypocricy !

Since: Apr 09

Baguio City, Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#55
Oct 22, 2010
 
jimt wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, I too am married to a native and am quite proud of her and ashamed of Americans that act the way described above too.
Hey Jint, Im from New Smyrna Beach. Lived on Halifax for awhile in Daytona now Ive been retired here in the P.I. for going on seven years.

Since: Apr 09

Baguio City, Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#56
Oct 22, 2010
 
Tsinelas wrote:
Don't you think filipino men don't do these business impregnating different girls even the underage ones . Many Filipino men do this too, they just leg it away easily and not any big news you can find in the papers .All are left as gossips in town ,that's all about it .I haven't even heard of any pinoy put to prison for the same reason .
I agree with previous posters here .It's total hypocricy !
Total hypocrisy. The amount of Filipino men doing that is staggering. Even leaving their wife and kids and starting another family leaving them destitute.

I know what it was they tried to scam money out of him and he wouldn't go for it, pissed the judge off so out he goes. Ill bet anything that what happened.
Go Blue

Lake Worth, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#57
Oct 22, 2010
 
Do as i say, not as i do.......
marco

Hyattsville, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#58
Jan 25, 2012
 
this is stupid cause no one is saying that these girls like to go with these guys, I mean i was in the PH and i had a friend and he was broke; he had no money from Africa and those women knew he had no money and he still had a different woman lined up to sex him every night. Like when these women are prostitutes u'll say a dirty man forced her to do that and when she been doing the same thing before she meet the guy. You'll every asked if these women wanna do that. You guys are fu..ing stupid if u thing someone could force these girls to do what there don't wanna do
ofgs

Quezon City, Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#59
Jan 26, 2012
 
Harold wrote:
I have read good points and outright stupid ones in this thread. I find it horrible and disgusting if this guy truly impregnated Pinays, some as young as 16 and then abandoned them after promising them otherwise. I wonder if there were any reasons other than selfish, hedonistic lust and total disregard for any of the girls needs and of this guys moral responsibilities to take care of them now that they will need financial and emotional support for these infants God is developing within their precious bodies.
This jerks actions give ALL Westerners a bad image. I hope and pray that the Filipinos who hear or read of this new morally bankrupt action do not paint ALL Britons or other Westerners with one broad brush. I know and have worked with many good and honorable people from the U.K.
On the other side of the issue, it is quite unfortunate that these girls allowed this guy to have sexual relations with them outside of marriage, or at least a formal and public engagement. I do not know the entire story, since of course I was not there to see everything as it unfolded, but only with the information I have seen.
no point beating your bible about anything going on here since as you say , you only know what youve read. what youve read came from the filipins , so its not reliable in anyway shape or color.

read any national news from here and youll always wonder WHERE IS THE REST OF THIS STORY.theres a reason you never get the whole story.
ofgs

Quezon City, Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#60
Jan 26, 2012
 
Don the American wrote:
<quoted text>
Total hypocrisy. The amount of Filipino men doing that is staggering. Even leaving their wife and kids and starting another family leaving them destitute.
I know what it was they tried to scam money out of him and he wouldn't go for it, pissed the judge off so out he goes. Ill bet anything that what happened.
yes. pissed off the judge. not paid off the judge. now go home.
tinkerbell

Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#61
Aug 20, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

karma works, so I hope the guys who think the country is a big porn shop should know there is retribution somewhere, sometime... and I hope they know how to be ashamed of themselves.s..
The_Truth_About_ Dumaguete

Makati, Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#62
Oct 14, 2012
 
The cause of prostitution is Dumaguete is not poverty. I it poor moral values. Mothers teach their daughters young how to catch the attention of men. I find it very disgusting actually, it is a Bisayan characteristic that is qu
Whores abound and work very hard to entrap men regardless of race, religion, age or status.
Shameful really.
amc

Quezon City, Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#63
Oct 14, 2012
 
Vic_Danish_Pilot wrote:
It is quite ok ......... they should send even more out of the country.
What kind of a way to behave in?
Does people think that this country is a big porn shop?
when in rome? do as romans do?

the filipins is no place to speak of morals or morality and it begins with the filipinos themselves.

people dont just happen to come here for the sun and the adobo.

Since: Apr 09

Olongapo City, Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#64
Oct 14, 2012
 
The_Truth_About_Dumaguete wrote:
The cause of prostitution is Dumaguete is not poverty. I it poor moral values. Mothers teach their daughters young how to catch the attention of men. I find it very disgusting actually, it is a Bisayan characteristic that is qu
Whores abound and work very hard to entrap men regardless of race, religion, age or status.
Shameful really.
Hell everywhere in the Philippines they start teaching them "sexy" dances at three years old. A few years back I posted a video I took of a talent contest at the local high school. Christ I expected pole dancing the way they dressed bumped and grind.
kenny is here

Muntinlupa, Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#66
Oct 14, 2012
 
Go Blue wrote:
<quoted text> Yeah, i voted for, and still support Obama, but i wish he would stay a little closer to some of the promises he made too.....
so if someone makes a promise and they dont keep it isnt that telling lies ??????
amc

San Juan, Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#67
Oct 15, 2012
 
kenny is here wrote:
<quoted text>
so if someone makes a promise and they dont keep it isnt that telling lies ??????
imagine that huh???:)

obama has screwed them so bad that they are used to it now.

obama syndrome and only obamacare will cure it. ahahahahahaha
kenny is here

Muntinlupa, Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#68
Oct 15, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

amc wrote:
<quoted text>
imagine that huh???:)
obama has screwed them so bad that they are used to it now.
obama syndrome and only obamacare will cure it. ahahahahahaha
the real problem with politics there days is the fact that the choice you have is between liar #1 and liar #2 .So in fact you end up voting for the most beleivable or best liar.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 41 - 60 of60
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

84 Users are viewing the World News Forum right now

Search the World News Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Islam Will Conquer Italy and the Entire West (Sep '10) 1 min chazmo 324,360
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 2 min Dang It 109,734
Israeli forces fire tear gas at Christian pilgr... 5 min waleed sadat 4
An Immigrant's Perspective 6 min WE JUST DONT CARE 3
Air Serbia to introduce flights to Warsaw 8 min OnlyPatchWork 33
Japan imposes sanctions on Russia over Crimea 9 min Ainu 8
Kannadigas' urge Central Govt. to clear all pen... 12 min Indian 1
•••
•••
•••
•••