'Premiership best in Europe'

Apr 27, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: News24.com

“It is fantastic for him. He deserves it more than anyone. "His attitude to play football is wonderful. He has got enthusiasm that spreads throughout the team and he trains like a beast.”

Manchester United manager Alex Ferguson said the English Premiership was the best league in Europe following his side's thrashing of AS Roma and the prospect of three semi-finalists in the Champions League. via News24.com

Comments
1 - 20 of 60 Comments Last updated Nov 26, 2007
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
afolabi bucky

Abuja, Nigeria

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2007

surely sir alex is right with that statement,with team like arsenal.man united,and liverpool set the pace.bit the aspect of reffere in the league is unbearablie
MilanFan

Nepal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2007

Premiership is best in europe?? Its surprising......Italy won the world cup and all of its team members were from Serie A...and what about champions league??? three premiership teams make it to semis but Milan comes out as winner dumping them all........whos is the best?........English league has improved a lot than it was 5 or 6 years ago........but more money just doesn't make it the best league in the world...it requires success.........

“We the people? hahaha”

Since: May 07

South Pasadena, Ca

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2007

yea, you know what.. English fans don't even like to pay attention to Serie A and are bias about the EPL. EPL is a great league, not taking anything away, but there's a different style being played in Italy and happens to kick some ass, too. Juve, Milan, Fiorentina, Lazio and Reggina gave us bad names, so that didn't help. Juve..what the hell do you have the need to cheat anyways? aren't you good enough? Deserved worse, but please come back soon, so I don't have to hear any of this "Inter got lucky" crap. Besides you make Serie A a better league.
arsenal1

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2007

afolabi bucky wrote:
surely sir alex is right with that statement,with team like arsenal.man united,and liverpool set the pace.bit the aspect of reffere in the league is unbearablie
Sir Alex,Cristiano R. and Liverpool got the woopping they deserved from Milan. he should win something in Europe, before talking, or let Capello talk.
Robbi Rooshen

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2007

Oh, please people. If you think English league is the best league in the world then you must be watching english football alone. You need to look around the rest of europe. Spain, Italy are the most domenant leagues I can think of with the best players in it. Look at Ac Milan winning the Ch..league, and they were the only non english team in simi final yet they smashed United in the 2nd leg and scored 2 goals in Manchester. I think that was the hottest game in the second leg. They went ahead and got the title by beating liverpool. I never believed liverpool could win. If united met Milan in the final then i would think the title would be a 50/50. But thanks god I was wrong and Milan won that match too. Look at Spain getting the UEFA cup. Don't get me wrong I think English has a great league too, but I would rather bid on Spain and Italy.
Halla Madrid and go Ac Milan.
ali

Maldives

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2007

spain is the best league in the world u can see players like ronaldinho samuel eto torres villa daniel alves puoyl robertocarlos deco milto not only players there playing style and every time they show this england teams are weak one years ago sevilla beat middelsbourg easily and bercelona beat arsenal in europe final and i will say spanish league is best but may be popular is premier ship but strong teams are in lasliga and bercelona is best club in the world

“Happy 100 years.. lets win it!”

Since: Jun 07

San Siro - Milan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2007

man you can't say this and that players are there so this is the best league! as long as my thinking goes EPL is the best cause every team gives out a great fight... then i think SPL and Italian seria is in the same level. but when the giants of SPL and Italian seria play against each other it's way more fun that EPL!!!
and and the people looking EPL like nikko said just say other leagues are rubbish and just turn there head around!
Darkmoon

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2007

All three leagues are strong. Premiership is the toughest league, Spanish is great to watch and Serie A is also good. The English League would have had even more success if they didn't get banned for a number of years. There is one thing you can't dispute, though, The Pemiership is the riches and most watched league in the World. There is a lot of money being put into English Football with the Billionairs taking control. Who cares that AC Milan won the Champions League, they should have not even been the Competition.

San Siro - Milan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2007

yup thats true, they shouldn't have been in the CL.
but they won it fair and square!

“We the people? hahaha”

South Pasadena, Ca

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2007

It's just as good. Look all the players each league has. It's just a preference, I think. Don't forget who won the world cup and every one of the players on Italy's naitional team played in the Serie A. CL won by Italy when final 3 out of 4 were English teams. To me, I watch them all, but more Serie A, again cause of the prefference issue being an Inter fan.

“SUPER PATO”

Glendale, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2007

it was nice seeing the seri A team beat the two epl teams,especially the man u game,greatest comeback it was a world class game,kaka slapped c.ronaldo in the face,milan got its revenge on liverpool,and inzaghi got it on man u,since the 1999 loss with juve.

“SUPER PATO”

Glendale, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2007

italys is the most succesfull european country with world cup victorys,and half the 2006 squad was juve and ac milan players,buying a lot of outside players makes the national team weaker thats why italy and spain like to keep their players inside except,barca,madrid and inter,its unfortunate to see great italian players go out of Serie A especially when its one of the top leagues.
Darkmoon

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2007

I agree on that, The Premiership has a lot of Foreign coming in, making the England nation Tam weaker. Personally, I don't AC Milan should have won the CL. I admit that they played some great football but the fact is that they cheated(with Match Fixing) and shouldn't have been allowd to compete in the CL. AC Milan are great side but it wsn't taht along ago when they beaten by Liverpool in the Final and Barcelona in the Semi. Real Madrid, Inter, Milan, Barcelona will always be great teams but the money be put into the top four english clubs(plus the other being brought) means the Premiership will become powerful. The England side will become weaker, probably. Look at the seedings for the CL next season. Inter, Milan, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Arsenal, Man U, Liverpool and Chelsea. Four English clubs to two Italian and Spanish... that says something.

“We the people? hahaha”

South Pasadena, Ca

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2007

no doubt Milan should have not been in CL.
Another question: why do Italians avoid playing for Inter? They much rather play for Milan and Juve first. I understand the club sprung with the help of Swiss owners, but it's been 100 years. Anyone know?
Nav

Caerphilly, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2007

The Premiership IS the best league in Europe.

They have the best football, teams and players bar none. The fact that Italian and Spanish teams have won the ECL more than English sides have is testament to the fact that Continental sides do not have as much an interest in their domestic leagues as they do in winning European titles because, frankly, their domestic challenges don't matter as much as Europe to them because they're not as good.

Milan won the ECL last season despite Liverpool being the better team on the day and the fact that they should have been barred from entering the tournament in the first place.

The argument about Serie A being the best league in Europe because Italy are the current World Champions is flawed simply because what the national team does has little bearing on the fortunes of its domestic leagues- France won the World Cup and the European Football Championship in the same year but their domestic league is terrible.

Because Inter are crap in comparison to Juve or Milan, Nikko.

“SUPER PATO”

Glendale, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2007

serie A is better then the french league because serie A is more rich they pay more and bring in better players,plus italians are more talented in soccer then french players,france only has Lyon thats pretty much it.

San Siro - Milan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2007

MALDINI 3 wrote:
italys is the most succesfull european country with world cup victorys,and half the 2006 squad was juve and ac milan players,buying a lot of outside players makes the national team weaker thats why italy and spain like to keep their players inside except,barca,madrid and inter,its unfortunate to see great italian players go out of Serie A especially when its one of the top leagues.
that's true maldini... inter are more Argentinian friendly. and the other problem is... Juve and Milan's got all the good players, after that there is not much to choose from!!! that's what my thinking is... i mean look at it, is there any other good midfielder in another League???

San Siro - Milan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2007

i mean is there any other good italina midfielder in another league!!!

San Siro - Milan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2007

NikkoFX wrote:
no doubt Milan should have not been in CL.
Another question: why do Italians avoid playing for Inter? They much rather play for Milan and Juve first. I understand the club sprung with the help of Swiss owners, but it's been 100 years. Anyone know?
hehe... i really don't know what is happening man... one thing i know is that Argentinians really love to play at inter.. we are more like and Argentine team... hehe :P
but the other thing is there aren't much italians to choose from! milan and juve's got all the good ones... what do you think nikko???

“SUPER PATO”

Glendale, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2007

forza inter wrote:
<quoted text>
that's true maldini... inter are more Argentinian friendly. and the other problem is... Juve and Milan's got all the good players, after that there is not much to choose from!!! that's what my thinking is... i mean look at it, is there any other good midfielder in another League???
as roma has some great players,totti,de rossi,mancini,tadei but ya mainly its the top few teams that have the best.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Bayern Munich Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Real Madrid Transfer News: Latest on Toni Kroos... Jul '14 BYAMUNGU KABAKA 1
Brazil vs Germany: How do they compare? Jul '14 The KURGAN 3
Bayern`s meaning??? (Aug '06) Mar '14 Mayah Mino 14
The Top 50 Defenders in World Football (Jun '11) Feb '14 noftrad 4
Mueller strikes as Bayern equal unbeaten record (Nov '13) Nov '13 Rajesh V Nair 1
How the Brazil 2014 World Cup Will Be Ruled by ... (Jul '13) Jul '13 Chimad 1
Tottenham's transfer chase for Christian Bentek... (Jul '13) Jul '13 Christian Benteke 1

Search the Bayern Munich Forum:
•••
•••