Chinchilla Stays Firm On "No Open Pit Mining At Crucitas"

Full story: Inside Costa Rica

Chinchilla Stays Firm On "No Open Pit Mining At Crucitas" Presidents Laura Chinchilla has ruled out any possibility of reversing her decision in the open-pit gold mine in Crucitas, near the Nicaraguan border, to resume operations.
Comments
1 - 1 of 1 Comments Last updated Jul 29, 2010
FabulosainCR

San Josť, Costa Rica

#1 Jul 29, 2010
Right on Presidenta ! but can't help wondering if you'll be bought out by "Kick backs" to change your mind.

I hope you stick to your decision, here in C.R. many projects are started,(selected few) make their $ then pull out and things are left unfinished....unfortunately it's the case with this project that has already made an ugly impact in the area that will take decades to repair itself. Just my humble opinion.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oscar Arias Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Costa Rica: Infinito Plays Scrooge Laying Off 2... (Dec '11) Dec '11 Roberto Otarola 2
Nobel Laureate: Haiti pres's army plan an "error" (Dec '11) Dec '11 Michinique Dorilus 2
Costa Rica Driving Laws Amendeda Again (Jun '11) Jun '11 abbc 1
Costa Rican Students to Protest Against Corruption (Feb '11) Feb '11 Wineguy 2
Ex-Presidents Injured (Jan '11) Jan '11 gilii 1
Inauguration of Female Costa Rican President Mi... (May '10) May '10 dcnovus 1
Costa Ricans Elect Anti-Gay Woman President (May '10) May '10 snyper 8
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Oscar Arias People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••