Police: Passenger in deadly Fitchburg wreck punched witness - S...

One of the passengers in the car crash that killed a 17-year-old Fitchburg High School student allegedly assaulted a witness shortly after the crash Friday night, according to police. Full Story
First Prev
of 14
Next Last
TracieAnn

Methuen, MA

#1 Mar 19, 2009
God Bless that woman who stopped to offer aid.
She is an angel among us.

I know the kids were scared, but the actions they took are dispicable. The more that comes out about this, the harder it is to have any sympathetic words for these kids!

I just hope the criminal justice system is used to its FULL capacity in this case.
Sherrif Callahan

Leominster, MA

#2 Mar 19, 2009
I'm sure it was chaotic. Trying to find the booze, empty shot glasses, bags of weed, and anyone with a license...all while laying upside down. Must have been horrible. Concerned citizens deserved to be belted. Good thing they didn't find their weapons. Oh well, plenty of time to think about speeding, hurting others, dead friends, and work on punching people in jail
Next

AOL

#3 Mar 19, 2009
Sherrif? Or did you mean Sheriff?
wong way

Leominster, MA

#4 Mar 19, 2009
Big tough guy.
sad for you

Lowell, MA

#5 Mar 19, 2009
Next wrote:
Sherrif? Or did you mean Sheriff?
Why cant people reply of the story without being so
judgementail. It is a comment page for the story. It must be tough to be so perfect.......

A KID IS DEAD. all you worry about is spelling

SAD. You should do some community service or help out at youth centers.try and make a difference.
Daisy

Canton, MA

#6 Mar 19, 2009
Talk about no respect for women or your friend. This woman stopped to help and all you can do is punch her in the face. Meanwhile, maybe your friend could possibly have been saved? The only thing those kids thought about was saving themselves.
lol

Worcester, MA

#7 Mar 19, 2009
but there all innocent kids . they deserve what they get
lhearold

Jamaica Plain, MA

#8 Mar 19, 2009
"Why cant people reply of the story without being so
judgementail. It is a comment page for the story. It must be tough to be so perfect.......

SAD. You should do some community service or help out at youth centers.try and make a difference."

Yep, a stupid kid is dead, of his own choosing! He acted stupidly and paid the price. I don't feel sorry for him. Its a shame the rest of his moron friends didn't die with him, that way the world would be a better place!
DEPRESSED IN FITCHBURG

Gardner, MA

#9 Mar 19, 2009
THEY SHOULD CHARGE EVERYONE THAT TRIED TO RUN AWAY/NOW THE POLICE ARE TRYIN TO SHIFT BLAME FROM THE IMCOMPENTENCE SEARCH /IVE SEEN POLICE CONDUCT A DRUG SEARCH LONGER THAN THEY SEARCH FOR THIS KID.POLICE WILL never admit this .but theY're the biggest GANG IN FITCHBURG.ITS LIKE LIVIN WITH LAPD .THAT SAYS IT ALL
RMT

United States

#10 Mar 19, 2009
lhearold wrote:
Yep, a stupid kid is dead, of his own choosing! He acted stupidly and paid the price. I don't feel sorry for him. Its a shame the rest of his **** friends didn't die with him, that way the world would be a better place!
Yup, he deserved to die by being stupid and endangering the lives of himself, his friends and innocent people. Diaz should have "punched out" with the driver.
DEPRESSED IN FITCHBURG

Gardner, MA

#11 Mar 19, 2009
lhearold wrote:
"Why cant people reply of the story without being so
SAD. You should do some community service or help out at youth centers.try and make a difference."
Yep, a stupid kid is dead, of his own choosing! He acted stupidly and paid the price. I don't feel sorry for him. Its a shame the rest of his **** friends didn't die with him, that way the world would be a better place!
IVE READ SOME STUPI D STUFF BUT YOU TAKE THE CAKE I HOPE SOMEONE GOES TO YOUR HOUSE DRAGS YOU OUTSIDE BEATS YOU WITHIN A HAIR OF YOUR MISERABLE LIFE OR MAYBE SOMEONE YOU CARE FOR .I DOUBT YOU HAVE ANYONE WHO CARES ABOUT YOU ANYWAY. MAYBE YOUR DOG/THAT WOULD MAKE THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE .YOU PIECE OF GARBAGE
fitchburg resident

Gardner, MA

#12 Mar 19, 2009
ignorant a** people no one deserves to die plus doesn't matter the world still won't change specially with m********* like ihearold and RMT
What

Leominster, MA

#13 Mar 19, 2009
DEPRESSED IN FITCHBURG wrote:
<quoted text>IVE READ SOME STUPI D STUFF BUT YOU TAKE THE CAKE I HOPE SOMEONE GOES TO YOUR HOUSE DRAGS YOU OUTSIDE BEATS YOU WITHIN A HAIR OF YOUR MISERABLE LIFE OR MAYBE SOMEONE YOU CARE FOR .I DOUBT YOU HAVE ANYONE WHO CARES ABOUT YOU ANYWAY. MAYBE YOUR DOG/THAT WOULD MAKE THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE .YOU PIECE OF GARBAGE
Search for what? When the other kids all ran away and said nothing. Why is this the cops fault? So sick of people blaming everyone expect those who should be blamed.
Reality

Worcester, MA

#14 Mar 19, 2009
DEPRESSED IN FITCHBURG wrote:
THEY SHOULD CHARGE EVERYONE THAT TRIED TO RUN AWAY/NOW THE POLICE ARE TRYIN TO SHIFT BLAME FROM THE IMCOMPENTENCE SEARCH /IVE SEEN POLICE CONDUCT A DRUG SEARCH LONGER THAN THEY SEARCH FOR THIS KID.POLICE WILL never admit this .but theY're the biggest GANG IN FITCHBURG.ITS LIKE LIVIN WITH LAPD .THAT SAYS IT ALL
The police are trying to shift the blame? You are joking right?

Whose fault was it that this kid was driving 100 miles an hour?

Whose fault was it that drugs and alcohol were involved?

Whose fault was it that an innocent Good Samaritan got punched in the face when she tried to help?

Whose fault was it that these kids ran away and left their friend to die alone?

The cops are at fault??? Are you kidding me???

You must be smoking crack… which would explain why you’re familiar with how long drug searches take.

I just thank God no other innocent person got killed by the reckless actions of these kids.
tugatitadmmm

Townsend, MA

#15 Mar 19, 2009
RIP danny mier .
gab01420

Sturbridge, MA

#16 Mar 19, 2009
Hmmm..back to the article..no wonder no one wants to stop and help someone who is injured or needs help. You might get assaulted yourself or end up being sued. The person who punched that witness in the face is a jerk. That same person also left his friend for dead..so I do not see why he would not get charged with at least something?
rendering aid

Fitchburg, MA

#17 Mar 19, 2009
And they wonder why people do not get involved when someone may need help. Hitting the lady when she was seeing if anyone was injured, Real tuff guy hitting a women. we will see him in court often i am sure. Always someone elses fault. No wonder these kids have problems they are not being raised right.
outrages

Braintree, MA

#18 Mar 19, 2009
This kid is a disgrace!!!!!!!! Lock him up and throw away the key. The three that ran should go to jail. Horrible people with no feelings other than the concern of their own well being! Selfish brats all three of you!
Ken

Worcester, MA

#19 Mar 19, 2009
I'm no fan of the Fitchburg PD by far, but were they supposed to search 1/2 mile into the woods for kids trying to get away? Seriously? They were trying to deal with the other 3 kids trying to get away, and punching random people in the face.
deep in the burg

Boston, MA

#21 Mar 19, 2009
Did this women try to hold him. She should have never put her hands on him if thats the case, and if it is, maybe there are assault charges awaiting for her. They were up to no good and didn't want to get caught. Kids do kid things, don't try to restrain someone you dont know. This forum is about punching the women,go to the 2 other forums to comment otherwise geeez
They should have spell check on these forums, theres always one who comes on just to do spell check.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 14
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Worcester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
MA Who do you support for Governor in Massachusett... (Oct '10) Sep 28 Malden Resident 1,167
Debate: Gay Marriage - Holden, MA (Jan '12) Sep 26 Brian_G 16
3 say Pittsfield mayor misled council (Aug '12) Sep 25 Praxis33 70
city of crack heads! Lazy Wisstha,Mass! Sep 17 iam freeman 1
Dan Kirouac returns to Worcester for acoustic show Sep 14 New England music... 1
MA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Massachus... (Oct '10) Sep 11 Get a job 4,701
Local Duo Close to Buying Worcester 'Telegram &... (Nov '09) Sep 9 Jjohn Henry 3

Worcester News Video

Worcester Jobs

Worcester People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Worcester News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Worcester

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]