No fishing license? No problem at Minnesota state parks - if yo...

Full story: TwinCities.com

Plan on fishing in a Minnesota state park? If you're a Minnesota resident, you won't need a fishing license under a new law signed Friday by Gov.
Comments
1 - 20 of 23 Comments Last updated May 15, 2012
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
oldmanemil

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2009

Judged:

How much did they raise of the state park sticker that goes in the corner of the window?

JTY

Since: Sep 08

Lincoln, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2009

Shouldn't this be something that the do charge for? I have always been a big fan of users pay.
Margie Gunderson

Cambridge, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2009

JTY wrote:
Shouldn't this be something that the do charge for? I have always been a big fan of users pay.
Yep ... but it's still a nice gesture by the pols. After all that the legislature and governor put us through this session, they should do a little something ... and quite a few of us like to fish. Call it a small dividend.
Minnesota Nice

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2009

Judged:

Kimber 45 wrote:
It should read 40,000 Mn Hmong get to fish for free. Because after they set into a place there is no shore line left. Or fish for that matter.
Holey moley! I guess racism, bigotry, and prejudice is alive and well in the great state of Minnesota Nice.

I don't care if you are white, black, asian or something else altogether. If you fish out of season, I will call TIP you. If you are throwing huge zara spooks before the fishing opener I will call TIP on you. If you keep any fish under the slot limit, I will call TIP on you.

I have called TIP on a Hmong couple who were over their possession limit of walleye while fishing the St. Croix.

I have called TIP on a white guy throwing huge topwater lures before fishing opener on Island Lake in Shoreview.

I have called TIP on two black fellows fishing for muskies with sucker minnows on White Bear Lake before fishing opener.

Of course, I let them know what they were doing was illegal and after not taking me seriously, I called TIP. I like to give people, all people, the benefit of the doubt.

The point is...I don't care what race or ethnicity you are, please just follow the law and please consider and follow the ethics of your fellow sportsman who do follow the law.

I don't care if a Hmong family is fishing with their 10 children as long as they are fishing within the confines of the law.

Now before any rebuttals come my way...

Wait a minute! No Hmong people EVER fish within the confines of the law! All Hmong people are vile and law breakers. It is absolutely absurd to categorize a whole group of people based on the actions of a few others.

If I were to base my assumptions about how white fisherman and sportsman feel towards Hmong fisherman and other minorities just based on the posts in this forum, I would have to come to the conclusion that all white people are racists and bigots.

I too hate fishing elbow to elbow with Hmong people so I just avoid them. In the land of 10,000 lakes it is not so difficult to find your own fishing hole.

Whatever happened to common sense? There are so many ignorant people out there, please don't be one of them.
real

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2009

oldmanemil wrote:
How much did they raise of the state park sticker that goes in the corner of the window?
That will $150.00.
Paul

Buffalo, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2009

I thought the republican mantra was user fees instead of taxes. Why would T-Paw let this go through his veto frenzy when we are trying to find all kinds of ways to increase revenue.
Kimber 45

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2009

Judged:

Minnesota Nice wrote:
<quoted text>
Holey moley! I guess racism, bigotry, and prejudice is alive and well in the great state of Minnesota Nice.
I don't care if you are white, black, asian or something else altogether. If you fish out of season, I will call TIP you. If you are throwing huge zara spooks before the fishing opener I will call TIP on you. If you keep any fish under the slot limit, I will call TIP on you.
I have called TIP on a Hmong couple who were over their possession limit of walleye while fishing the St. Croix.
I have called TIP on a white guy throwing huge topwater lures before fishing opener on Island Lake in Shoreview.
I have called TIP on two black fellows fishing for muskies with sucker minnows on White Bear Lake before fishing opener.
Of course, I let them know what they were doing was illegal and after not taking me seriously, I called TIP. I like to give people, all people, the benefit of the doubt.
The point is...I don't care what race or ethnicity you are, please just follow the law and please consider and follow the ethics of your fellow sportsman who do follow the law.
I don't care if a Hmong family is fishing with their 10 children as long as they are fishing within the confines of the law.
Wait a minute! No Hmong people EVER fish within the confines of the law! All Hmong people are vile and law breakers. It is absolutely absurd to categorize a whole group of people based on the actions of a few others.
If I were to base my assumptions about how white fisherman and sportsman feel towards Hmong fisherman and other minorities just based on the posts in this forum, I would have to come to the conclusion that all white people are racists and bigots.
I too hate fishing elbow to elbow with Hmong people so I just avoid them. In the land of 10,000 lakes it is not so difficult to find your own fishing hole.
Whatever happened to common sense? There are so many ignorant people out there, please don't be one of them.
Mn nice????? Hell I'd call you the TIP rat. Now the question is.......Is it racism to tell you how it will be elbow to elbow. And when Mom and Dad come to fish for free and they have 7 little ones with. And they are to small to hold a pole but they are 9 lines out......... Will you be calling your buddies at TIP? Or just say well How Minnesota nice is that.
nstpaul

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2009

Why do I buy licesnes? What a waste of 19.00
SunShine

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2009

Judged:

nstpaul wrote:
Why do I buy licesnes? What a waste of 19.00
I don't know, why do you?
monet

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2009

Judged:

Minnesota Nice wrote:
<quoted text>
A perfect example of Minnesota Nice. And 10 to 1 he voted for Franken also.
Liberal n Realist

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2009

Judged:

"Minnesota Nice", has a TIP fetish. Well...None of us here are ready to give to toll to the troll.

Since: Feb 09

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2009

Judged:

What ever happened to a relaxing day fishing? Just enjoying being outside in the fresh air. When did it become such a misery?

Glad I don't fish anymore. I sure would hate to run into any of you.
Tired

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2009

Judged:

Minnesotans 90 years and older won't need to buy fishing licenses? And fewer that 1000 will qualify? Why not Minnesotans 100 years and older won't need to buy fishing licenses, they there will be fewer that will fish for free. What happened to honoring the 65 and older? You have just sighed a death warrent for State park fisheries and there will be in all probability, not another license sold to a Hmong. I say this without prejudice becaues of the history of the free ride the Hmong people have been given in regareds to the state laws "they don't understand'. Gov. Tim Pawlenty has just put another check in the "he is an idot" column. The more I read in the Minnesota news, the happier I am that I moved to another state!
nstpaul

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2009

Judged:

Minnesota Nice wrote:
<quoted text>
If I was fishing and you came up, I would throw my lure right at your face and hope to catch your eye or something. You are one of those people who make fishing hard. People can't enjoy fishing anymore because you have people who's name is one the caller ID at the DNR office. I hope you get ratted on, and you see that MN fishing laws are some of the worst in the country. We over protect our fish and under protect fishermen. Of cource this libral government we have in Minnesota, would do that. So go jump off a bridge and leave people who are trying to have a good time alone.
nstpaul

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2009

Kimber 45 wrote:
It should read 40,000 Mn Hmong get to fish for free. Because after they set into a place there is no shore line left. Or fish for that matter.
Read the artical in the local section of the East Metro in the Pioneer Press. It is a story about White Bass being moved from one lake in North Oaks to Sucker Lake. The home of the Hmong Swinngers. They are stocking this lake just for the Hmong community. None of them buy license so I don't know why, But it will cost the tax payers a couple thousand to do this for them.
Yep

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2009

Tired wrote:
Minnesotans 90 years and older won't need to buy fishing licenses? And fewer that 1000 will qualify? Why not Minnesotans 100 years and older won't need to buy fishing licenses, they there will be fewer that will fish for free. What happened to honoring the 65 and older? You have just sighed a death warrent for State park fisheries and there will be in all probability, not another license sold to a Hmong. I say this without prejudice becaues of the history of the free ride the Hmong people have been given in regareds to the state laws "they don't understand'. Gov. Tim Pawlenty has just put another check in the "he is an idot" column. The more I read in the Minnesota news, the happier I am that I moved to another state!
Why do people 65 and older deserve a break? That makes as much sense as the "Senior Discounts" at stores.
monet

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2009

Judged:

Yep wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do people 65 and older deserve a break? That makes as much sense as the "Senior Discounts" at stores.
Why do people deserve food stamps and Section 8 housing? Why do low wage earners deserve tax breaks? There are a couple more silly questions to add to your list.
Kimber 45

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2009

nstpaul wrote:
<quoted text>
Read the artical in the local section of the East Metro in the Pioneer Press. It is a story about White Bass being moved from one lake in North Oaks to Sucker Lake. The home of the Hmong Swinngers. They are stocking this lake just for the Hmong community. None of them buy license so I don't know why, But it will cost the tax payers a couple thousand to do this for them.
Yes I have seen that one to. This only benafits the Hmong Pop. Mom dad come and bring 10 kids all fishing for free. Now times that on how many families come. The lake it dead in a week. Thanks Mn!
Buttomfly

Madison, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2009

This must not have been generating enough revenue anymore. Wouldn't you think the few who had to pay a fine for not having a license would be really upset now? Love how they can just decide to change the laws because they are no longer needed because the revenue stream has dried up.
Corcoran

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2009

Judged:

Kimber 45 wrote:
<quoted text>Yes I have seen that one to. This only benafits the Hmong Pop. Mom dad come and bring 10 kids all fishing for free. Now times that on how many families come. The lake it dead in a week. Thanks Mn!
You are one racist bitch!!! And you can't even spell benefit right!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Winter Sports Discussions

Search the Winter Sports Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Kevin Dineen back in the NHL with Chicago Black... Jul 14 B-Hawks Forever 1
To some, Lehigh Valley charter school's ice ska... (Jan '09) Jul 12 Lvpa student 164
As World Cup fervor sweeps the U.S., Pittsburgh... Jun '14 Fat Abbott 8
His problem, their love life (Nov '08) Jun '14 Phil 16
Fun's over: Coconut Creek closes skate park aft... (Oct '08) Jun '14 Roach West 132
Meryl Davis and Charlie White, Olympic ice danc... May '14 Jenna 1
Masters Research Project May '14 Rhys Phillips 1
•••
•••
•••