Easy-listening music star arrested after trying to kick woman f...

Yanni's mugshot from the Palm Beach County Jail Easy-listening music sensation Yanni is accused of being not-so-easy on his girlfriend, as he was arrested for allegedly roughing her up while kicking her out of ... Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Dominique

United States

#1 Mar 7, 2006
Yanni, could never hurt anyone. She is a liar
Dominique
Christina

Tyrone, GA

#2 Mar 7, 2006
He is a passion filled man. His passion has turned many people on for many years. I imagine a man with such fire in his heart could have a hard time controling it from time to time. I am pleased it was no more than a shake or slap allegedly. I love his fierce passion for music and hope it will never be extinguished. Yanni we love you. Stick to putting your passion and fire into music and leave the domestic BS behind.
Alexandra

Greece

#3 Mar 7, 2006
I know Yanni since we were both children in Kalamata, Greece. Yanni is one of the most calm and reserved persons I know. He always keeps his cool and he hates to get involved in noisy situations or disputes.
If the argument between him and his girlfriend got to the point that he had to hold her arms down or even slap her, she must have physically attacked him first.
I am sure that this person, who is accusing Yanni for violence, has ulterior motives (i.e. money.)
Alexandra
Athens, Greece
Alli

AOL

#4 Mar 7, 2006
This is absolutely ridiculous!! This person who did this to Yanni definitely has ulterior motives!! It is a real shame.

Yanni is a very unique individualfilled with passion and love of life and love of all. He is genuine and sincere and would NEVER EVER EVER hurt another human being, especially a woman.

Yanni, remain strong and know your family, friends and true fans are backing you and supporting you every step of the way!!

With Love in Yanni,
Alli
Edie

Tucson, AZ

#5 Mar 8, 2006
I don't believe Yanni is guilty. Too bad he got mixed up with a wacko. Hang in there Yanni. Your fans are behind you.
Danny Maya

Spring, TX

#6 Mar 8, 2006
Hey Yanni

Keep going Dont give up thi is JUst another Challenge in your life

My support and prayers are going to be with you Until the Last Moment of my Life

With Love

Danny Maya
DIEGO

Mexico

#7 Mar 8, 2006
Honestly, i don't think yanni did this, he's a very paceful person, his girlfriend was upset because yanni told her to get out of the house, so she hurt herself and went to the police station to say that yanni did it.
Anyways, i don't need to know his personal life, AND YOU SHOULDN'T EITHER.
pd.sorry my english.
Bi-Campus Barbi

Boca Raton, FL

#8 Mar 8, 2006
That mug shot doesn't even look like him... so harsh... what happened to the meditative love-and-light new age pianist who had a Christ-like appearance... you could almost see a white aura around him. I wouldn't think he would harm anyone, but you never know... Perhaps he had one too many cocktails at "dinner"??? Sometimes alchohal can cause a change in personality and bring out the worst in someone. He does look a bit hung over in the pic!!!
John Sweigert

Allentown, PA

#9 Mar 8, 2006
It is without question that everyone makes mistakes. Some are more serious then others. I am a huge fan of Yanni and his music. I have followed him from his early days with his first album “Optimystique”. I have had the fortune to see him in concert nine times so far and hope that there will be many more to follow. If what he is charged with is true, then he needs to face his accuser. If guilty he should be punished accordingly. I do believe that we are hearing just one side of this story and it will be for the courts to decide. One things is for sure, if it was you or I we would not be discussing this. They say money talks and he may buy his way out of this. But, the illusion of money can make people do strange things. Maybe Silvia Barthes is looking for a quick and large pay day. Who knows? I don’t. That’s why we should let this play out and see what comes of this mess. For me, I will pray for the both of them, for it is obvious that there is a problem. And one more thing: YANNI, if you see this or get word of this posting, please know that I pray for you and do look forward to your next tour.
Josh

Bloomington, IN

#10 Mar 8, 2006
I just want to say, Yanni you are my role model, I love your music, and its basiacally all i listen, i hope to be able to write with such feeling soon. Someone of your caliber, this is just a mear stone in the road. Can't wait to see you next tour. Thanks for changing my life.
ann

United States

#11 Mar 8, 2006
I do not feel he is guilty. There is no way Yanni would hurt anyone. I feel as though she is only seeing $$$$$$ and this is a way to get. Be strong Yanni. We are out there for you.
cary

Albuquerque, NM

#12 Mar 8, 2006
I was just talking to my gf about how i'm just in awe about this. I have loved Yanni's music for more than ten yrs. now, and i'm not going to let this make me abandon him either. I think he is a wonderful person through and through. I don't know what happened with him and this gf but i think he should have stayed with Linda she and he were a wonderful pair/couple i so thought that since Acropolis. hang in there Yanni
Linda

Anaheim, CA

#13 Mar 9, 2006
I have never heard of any altercations with Yanni when he was with Linda Evans for all those years, so why now? The girl sounded phony on the 911 call and she is revengeful as he called off their relationship. Yanni will not have his reputation damaged...He is a very calm sincere, talented to the maximum and she is trying to deface his demeanor and try to ruin him. She cannot, there are way too many fans and I mean too many...He is wonderful Thanks for letting me speak my mind.
AlwaysAYanniFan

United States

#14 Mar 9, 2006
I could not agree more Linda, the fans will never stop supporting Yanni. This gal is an obvious gold-digger who must have done something awful to have Yanni throw her out of his house. Time will tell us why. Perhaps cheating or drugs? Who knows?
Phyllis

Lincolnton, NC

#15 Mar 9, 2006
I too have been a Yanni fan for some time now. It is very hard for me to believe Yanni doing such a thing as striking someone. Well as someone else said, "time will tell us why". I could not believe it when I was reading about this. Yanni has a lot of fans out there, so I know we are all standing behind him !
LisaMarie

Wynantskill, NY

#16 Mar 10, 2006
My Husband and I were discussing this, It doesn't fit the person we have grown to love over time. We have been collectively listening to his music from the get go. As another fan stated, if this had happen to one of us in our homes, no one would know or really care, it's just another domestic dispute. HOWEVER, it is Yanni and cherished musician that doesn't have that kind of persona of disrespecting a woman like that. I guess I tend to agree with everyone else this woman was out for money and might have done something to provoke his actions. Or perhaps she wanted it to end but not the financial part of it so let's cause a scene and have him give me money to shut up and not cause any further problems. Unfortunately for the judge to decide to me is not right because they sometimes are tainted. It's between god and Yanni. Yanni knows what he did or didn't do as well as god. I stand behind him 100% as I dont' believe he did anything at all and it was made up unfortunately. My prayers are with you and may god continue to bless your music.
Str8upnodrama

Seattle, WA

#17 Mar 10, 2006
Shaking is abuse people!Get a grip on life and stop standing up for an alleged abusive entertainer! Yanni is not a GOD! He hurt someone ...UNDERSTAND THAT! They arrested him! They should have arrested those that support abusers!This has nothing to do with money! It is domestic violence. I am sure once his little hurt finger heals he will be back in the public eye looking like a victim. You people are victims of stupidity, if you believe that the Ol Mighty Yanni, is not capable of abuse. Someone needs to shake all of his supporter, and wake them up. He is human! I believe he did it! You people need to wake up! Yanni did..... in jail! Could it be because he was GUILTY!
Marilyn

Las Vegas, NV

#18 Mar 10, 2006
Yanni is Awesome and a devoted human being to his music. He isn't God, but to his real fan, he is a spiritual,intense musician and man. We will not judge him, he will survive!
Mandy from California

Modesto, CA

#19 Mar 10, 2006
I have listened to Yanni for several years. I have seen him in concert, I have watched him on TV, I have seen him on DVD. I love his passion, his spirituality, his love for family but, things and situations happen in our lives that cause us to act irrational. If this did happen, there had to be a reason for such anger. She had to have done something or said something to cause this reaction. I hope what the media has said is not true because, I love who he is, from what I have seen, heard, and read about. I hope all turns out for him. Lots of love. Hopefully God will watch over him and the good will prevail.
Mandy from California

Modesto, CA

#20 Mar 10, 2006
Str8upnodrama wrote:
Shaking is abuse people!Get a grip on life and stop standing up for an alleged abusive entertainer! Yanni is not a GOD! He hurt someone ...UNDERSTAND THAT! They arrested him! They should have arrested those that support abusers!This has nothing to do with money! It is domestic violence. I am sure once his little hurt finger heals he will be back in the public eye looking like a victim. You people are victims of stupidity, if you believe that the Ol Mighty Yanni, is not capable of abuse. Someone needs to shake all of his supporter, and wake them up. He is human! I believe he did it! You people need to wake up! Yanni did..... in jail! Could it be because he was GUILTY!
We really do not know what happened. We have really only heard Ms. Barthes side of the story. I think situations like this where there were no witness, needs to come down to credibility of both involved. They both had injuries according to the press, and if this has happened in the passed like she states, why stay? maybe she was just a gold diggin cheater!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Yanni Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
yanni is getting old and yet he's not married (Sep '10) Dec '13 Maria Jose 5
sheet music (Feb '07) Aug '11 marty maloney 33
Yanni being Yanni: New Age icon relishes freedo... (May '11) May '11 Yanni Chingas 11
Yanni Scavenger Hunt! (Jan '11) Jan '11 Yannifan1226 1
An impressive group of musicians lets Yanni jus... (Jun '09) Nov '10 wesam 3
Puerto Rico Tour Date 2010 (Oct '10) Oct '10 g8orchic 1
Singers take center stage at Yanni show in Anaheim (Dec '09) Dec '09 sixtees 1
More from around the web