Rocket test a 'building block' for spaceport

Full story: Las Cruces Sun-News

The Black Watch rocket glider lifts off Tuesday from Launch Complex 1, Pad No. 1, at Spaceport America near Upham.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 14 of14
Tired of Stupids

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2009

"Orlando-based Moog Inc. shot off its 8-foot-tall "Black Watch" vehicle from the spaceport's vertical launch site."

Um, Diana, did you mean to say they 'launched' its 8ft-tall...?'Shot off' is not a real term to be applied to rockets or fireworks. It makes you sound like an imbecile. Who's editing this crap?
Judas

Las Cruces, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2009

I'm so glad that we can waste millions of taxpayer dollars to have a glorified model-rocket range. Can I come out there and "launch" a homemade model rocket? I've been looking for a good platform for C and D engines, this seems perfect.
Tired of Stupids

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2009

Judas wrote:
I'm so glad that we can waste millions of taxpayer dollars to have a glorified model-rocket range. Can I come out there and "launch" a homemade model rocket? I've been looking for a good platform for C and D engines, this seems perfect.
Why waste time with C and D size? Go big or go home, I say! How about some nice ten-pound motors or more?

“I Put the "B" in ITCH!!”

Since: Jun 08

Wood-Ridge, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2009

Tired of Stupids wrote:
"Orlando-based Moog Inc. shot off its 8-foot-tall "Black Watch" vehicle from the spaceport's vertical launch site."
Um, Diana, did you mean to say they 'launched' its 8ft-tall...?'Shot off' is not a real term to be applied to rockets or fireworks. It makes you sound like an imbecile. Who's editing this crap?
No one is editing, that's the problem with this newspaper.
Dennis in Las Cruces

Las Cruces, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2009

I like their expression Launch Complex. Two VERY small trailers and a little pad of cement! What a wast of tax payers money. I think we should revote for this crap. And look who is backing this up in Santa Fe!!!
Echo1

Las Cruces, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2009

Yes, it's a big waste of money. Dona Ana County is generating about $20,000 to $22,000 per day from the Spaceport tax! What are we getting for our $22k per day?

This is one of the worst examples of taxing gone arwy.

I think we should change the spaceport name to WastePort America.
Red Apple

Las Cruces, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2009

NJBRED wrote:
<quoted text>
No one is editing, that's the problem with this newspaper.
Yeah, but that's what we're here for. If you want to read the actual facts presented with proper grammar syntax just skip the Sun News articles and read the Topix comments instead.
Tired of Stupids

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2009

Echo1 wrote:
Yes, it's a big waste of money. Dona Ana County is generating about $20,000 to $22,000 per day from the Spaceport tax! What are we getting for our $22k per day?
This is one of the worst examples of taxing gone arwy.
I think we should change the spaceport name to WastePort America.
We should start passing out the welfare checks up there, to weed out those who cannot get past the Border Patrol checkpoint...
Tired of Stupids

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2009

Dennis in Las Cruces wrote:
I like their expression Launch Complex. Two VERY small trailers and a little pad of cement! What a wast of tax payers money. I think we should revote for this crap. And look who is backing this up in Santa Fe!!!
Just like how Cape Canaveral got started...

“I Put the "B" in ITCH!!”

Since: Jun 08

Wood-Ridge, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2009

Red Apple wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, but that's what we're here for. If you want to read the actual facts presented with proper grammar syntax just skip the Sun News articles and read the Topix comments instead.
HA HA But, but, but we're not getting paid to edit.
drivetrhis

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2009

i bet you anything if we went up to our city council and said lets bottle our farts in cruces along with a space came so then when we launch them and we can see our gasses in space floating in the heavens and it would only cost a 5 percent increase in our sale taxes,,,,,YES THEY WOULD GO FOR IT.....mmmmmm wanna bet dudes
drivetrhis

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2009

cam,,,(stand corrected) i doeant geet paid four it iedr
Rudy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2009

Spaceport American seems the biggest waste of tax payers money. Has there been an audit of this outfit. We are paying out of state companies to use the spaceport for a for profit venture Pay to Play.
Tired of Stupids

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2009

Rudy wrote:
Spaceport American seems the biggest waste of tax payers money. Has there been an audit of this outfit. We are paying out of state companies to use the spaceport for a for profit venture Pay to Play.
Just like how those damned leagues use the baseball and soccer fields we paid for to make money off of...and yet they don't even have to pay for the maintenance or extra police, fire and EMS needs.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 14 of14
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent The Black Watch Discussions

Search the The Black Watch Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Longtime Music Booster Johnny Schott Dies (Feb '12) Feb '12 Christopher Bachman 1
'The best there ever was': Brave Black Watch so... (Nov '09) Nov '09 Tutty 6
Soldier Jailed For Racist Murder (Oct '08) Oct '08 tauneutrino 1
Bagpipes, Brits and bands (Mar '06) Mar '06 flash 1
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••