McDonald to perform with his old band Steely Dan

Full story: MySanAntonio.com
Steely Dan and Michael McDonald have a history. It began long before pairing up for their "Steelyard 'Sugartooth' McDan" tour. Full Story
genaro garcia

San Antonio, TX

#1 Jul 19, 2006
i recently saw steely dan this past sat. july 15. in san antonio,tx.i have seen them twice before .once i traveled to houston and another time to denver,both of this perfomances were excellant.this time in my home town i was so dissapointed.the denver show and houston show were one band acts.i was ecpecting to hear songs from morph the cat and maybe the nightfly.no dice.when they started playing all they gave us was the same stuff you hear on the radio day in and day out.i was so happy they were finally coming within thirty miles from my home.i spent plenty of money on my ticket as well as on a friend whom i was trying to impress,that didnt work out either.i cant understand why they gave us the short end of the stick.i feel cheated and discusted.i guess they figured ,well it,s a differnt type of venue,lets just throw them a bone and they,ll be happy.i have a question for donald,whatever happened to the h,gang?they say they were the best.signed down and out in shanty town,genaro garcia
WildMan

Brentwood, TN

#2 Aug 4, 2006
Steely Dan was never McDonald's band. He was one of the many session musicians that they used. They did use one of his fellow Doobie Brothers, Skunk Baxter, on guitar for their earlier albums.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Steely Dan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Steely Dan dazzles at Presque Isle Aug '14 Check this one 2
Baylor University's man at center of research c... (Feb '10) Oct '13 dave 2
Hi, kids! New to this Forum...used to post on B... (Jul '12) Dec '12 JT Combs 2
The 1957 Tail-Fin Fiasco (Dec '12) Dec '12 JT Combs 1
Atlanta Rhythm Section: A classic-rock mainstay... (Oct '12) Oct '12 Irving 2
Donald Fagen's new soloalbum "Sunken Condos" du... (Aug '12) Aug '12 BabylonMister 1
becker and fagen with jay and the americans tou... (Jan '10) Jul '12 Jay 5
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Steely Dan People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••