Cuban First Daughter Mariela Castro Says Father Supports Gay Rights. Is She Rewriting History?

May 14, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Queerty

At a gay-rights march yesterday in Havana , Mariela Castro-daughter of current Cuban President Raul Castro and niece to Fidel-said her father supported banning discrimination based on sexual orientation and underscored her hope that the island nation would soon adopt marriage equality.

Comments
1 - 2 of 2 Comments Last updated May 15, 2012
Marco

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2012

Castro was cruel to say the least when it came to treatment of gays. He has admitted this.

If you were even suspected of being gay you were arrested.
Thank goodness my three good Miami Cuban friends Peste,WJDC y Liger were taken off the island as children or they would have suffered much.

"Former Cuban President Fidel Castro called years of official persecution of homosexuals under his Communist regime an "injustice." In an interview published this week in a Mexican newspaper, he said he takes responsibility for the repression.

"If someone is responsible, it is me," Castro told Carmen Lira, editor of the left-leaning daily La Jornada. Here's the second part of the Castro's interview in Spanish. La Plaza reported on the first part here.

After the Cuban Revolution in 1959, the Communist government arrested gays and sent many to labor or "re-education" camps"

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/laplaza/2010/...

“CUBA Y PUERTO RICO HERMANOS”

Since: Dec 06

San Juan,Puerto Rico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2012

I heard Cherokee loves Mariela!I wonder why!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••