Royal Toast Sells For Hundreds

Jul 23, 2012 Full story: NBC Miami 11

A piece of toast that reportedly graced the breakfast plate of Prince Charles the morning after his wedding to Diana in 1981 was auctioned for $361 earlier this month in the UK.

Full Story

“Jody”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#1 Jul 23, 2012
Wouldn't have gotten a red cent from my pocket. We bait traps with stale toast.

“Equality marches on! ”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#2 Jul 23, 2012
Damn, I wonder what I can get for the half loaf of moldy bread I found after returning from vacation?

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#3 Jul 23, 2012
It's too dry mummsy. I won't eat it...I won't!

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#4 Jul 23, 2012
If I want royal toast, I want it served as breakfast in bed by that dishy Prince Harry, wearing nothing but a smile.
Pollster

Leawood, KS

#5 Jul 23, 2012
Hell Boy, You Can Serve it to me, yourself...
Dr Stinko

Hampton, VA

#6 Jul 24, 2012
Royal TP: Priceless!

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#7 Jul 24, 2012
Dang! A 30 year old piece of bread gets $361.00. Can you tell me who bought it so I can sell him a bridge in Brooklyn?

“Jody”

Location hidden

#8 Jul 24, 2012
I have some peasant jelly to sell. .. Cheap. Goes good on stale toast.

Location hidden

#9 Jul 25, 2012
off the trail wrote:
Wouldn't have gotten a red cent from my pocket. We bait traps with stale toast.
Do you catch anything using croutons?

“Jody”

Location hidden

#10 Jul 25, 2012
Gail Snail wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you catch anything using croutons?
Truthfully, I don't use bread at all. I use peanut butter baited on a homemade trap made by running a bent coat hanger thru a can suspended partially in water inside a 5 gallon bucket. Mice run down the wire to the can, which spins them off into the water. Keeps a hen house clean. Mice find scattered chicken feed, so unfortunately the mice must die.
This was "a better mouse trap" design I discovered in the old "Mother Earth" magazines. No toxins, no blood. Sort of cruel tho'. I feel bad about that, but one must do what has to be done.

Location hidden

#11 Jul 26, 2012
off the trail wrote:
<quoted text>
Truthfully, I don't use bread at all. I use peanut butter baited on a homemade trap made by running a bent coat hanger thru a can suspended partially in water inside a 5 gallon bucket. Mice run down the wire to the can, which spins them off into the water. Keeps a hen house clean. Mice find scattered chicken feed, so unfortunately the mice must die.
This was "a better mouse trap" design I discovered in the old "Mother Earth" magazines. No toxins, no blood. Sort of cruel tho'. I feel bad about that, but one must do what has to be done.
Interesting. You learn something every day.

Must be nice having fresh eggs for breakfast.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Prince William Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ISIS militants 'trying to sell body of beheaded... Dec 12 USA Today 1
Prince William, Kate to break new ground with U... Dec 9 I -cant-breathe-s... 1
Prince William and wife make first New York visit Dec 9 Sterkfontein Swar... 5
Prince William hits DC; Kate joins NYC first lady Dec 8 klintmoore80 1
Kate Middleton's Kardashians obsession: Should ... (Apr '13) Nov '14 Anne Scheele 3
Globe: Camilla Parker-Bowles Moving to NYC Afte... (Sep '11) Nov '14 Observer Rules 6
PM Lee attends wedding celebration of Johor cro... Nov '14 ibu kartika 2
More from around the web