America's Education Problems Way Deeper Than 'Good' or 'Bad' Teachers

May 30, 2011 | Posted by: Iria | Full story: www.alternet.org

Educational disparities may be getting worse, not better, yet the heated debate over school reform has paid little attention to the hard realities families and teachers face.

Comments (Page 4)

Showing posts 61 - 65 of65
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
slimjim

Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2011

Vouchers wrote:
<quoted text>
Another statement without substantiation.
Public school teacher pay has gone up while everyone else is suffering, getting laid off, and losing their homes. Wake up.
The average teacher salary last year was $67,932, an increase of 1.4 percent from 2009, according to new state figures.
Read more: http://www.sacbee.com/2011/01/26/995141/see-h...
In Oklahoma a Right to Work state they pay principles that kind of money.
slimjim

Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2011

Judged:

Too Funny wrote:
<quoted text>eliminating entitlement pensions would save millions for states. Not many jobs today offer pensions.....time to take care and save for yourself folks.
I am not a wealthy person so tax breaks for the wealthy dont sit well for me. Have you noticed the TEA party attacks Teachers, Teachers unions, and unions that most people that work belong to. They never attack the Governors pensions, Paul Ryan, wants to trash Medicare, to give tax breaks of 200,000 per as tax break. When he gives up his insurance and pension I may change my mind. He represents Koch, brothers who stand to gain from such a feat. They spent 12,000,000 dollars to get that advantage.
serfs up

Clermont, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2011

slimjim wrote:
<quoted text>I am not a wealthy person so tax breaks for the wealthy dont sit well for me. Have you noticed the TEA party attacks Teachers, Teachers unions, and unions that most people that work belong to. They never attack the Governors pensions, Paul Ryan, wants to trash Medicare, to give tax breaks of 200,000 per as tax break. When he gives up his insurance and pension I may change my mind. He represents Koch, brothers who stand to gain from such a feat. They spent 12,000,000 dollars to get that advantage.
Actually many in the tea party are in agreement with you over issues pertaining ot the rich. Many decades ago, salaries and benefits were increased on the government side of the ledger in employment as to get better qualified employees. or employees who would not be corrupted. And a whole bunch of other things. Today we are still arguing the same things and you can't even get rid of these people. The system is collapsing. It is going to end whether you or I like it or not. In fact, there will be downsizing on pensions at some point. And that is not going to go over happy with retired employees. We turned the system into a joke and people are owed. The tables are turning now.
Yup

Clearlake Oaks, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2011

Judged:

Hypnotic Phantom wrote:
<quoted text>
No problem here you go:
"In most cases, parents became aggressive because their child was disciplined in class or received poor grades and students often copied their behaviour."
http://www.guardian.co.uk/education/2009/apr/...
And if you don't like one from across the pond, here's an example a bit closer to home:
Says John Mitchell, deputy director of the American Federation of Teachers, "Teachers are under incredible pressure right now from two places: from policymakers to raise standards and teach to those higher standards. Then on the other side you have parents giving pressure to teachers not to hold kids up to the high standards. Teachers are between a rock and a hard place ... It's an area ripe for lawsuits."
http://www.salon.com/life/feature/2002/07/12/...
Amazing what one can find on Google when one tries...:)
Where are the lawsuits you referred to?

Geez, an opinion from the american federation of teachers means nothing. A bit biased toward teachers perhaps?
Try again as you have only proven yourself to be a pro union shill, and nothing more.

TEACHER TENURE: A LIFE SENTENCE FOR KIDS?
http://www.luc.edu/law/academics/special/cent...

Protecting Bad Teachers
http://www.teachersunionexposed.com/protectin...
mecano666

Kuwait, Kuwait

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2011

www.ecgoon.com is the most professional FAKE site i have ever seen

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 61 - 65 of65
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Oscar De La Hoya Discussions

Search the Oscar De La Hoya Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Famed boxer Hector 'Macho' Comacho declared dead (Nov '12) Dec '12 PR Mythbuster 11
Fomer boxing champion 'Macho' Camacho dies afte... (Nov '12) Nov '12 dognes 3
Former boxer 'Macho' Camacho shot in Puerto Rico (Nov '12) Nov '12 Faith 9
Angulo Would Love To Give The Fans a Kirkland R... (Nov '12) Nov '12 spook 1
The Heat is On In Oscar De La Hoya's Latest Sex... (Nov '11) Nov '11 mjjcpa 2
Oscar De La Hoya Spills the Juicy Beans on Univ... (Sep '11) Sep '11 true 1
Cocaine Is Problem For De La Hoya, Says TMZ (Jun '11) Jun '11 Mark 1
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••