Rick Santorum's delegate woes: Trying hard in some states; in others, not so much

Mar 8, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Washington Post

The people of the territories are patriotic Americans who have sacrificed much for the U.S. Rick Santorum won't be winning any delegates in four of Illinois' 18 congressional districts next month.

Comments
461 - 477 of 477 Comments Last updated Jun 28, 2012
First Prev
of 24
Next Last

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2012

Judged:

JDC wrote:
<quoted text>
No the example you gave me results in zero income taxes
spam flagged.

“BILLARY 2016 ”

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2012

Judged:

JDC wrote:
<quoted text>
No the example you gave me results in zero income taxes paid and a large refund because of refundable credits, something you have never acknowledged.
Now your defense is "just because they are eligible for assistance doesn't mean they will take it" Too funny. Like I have said you are not exactly captain of your high school debate team now were you?
Interesting that you never challenge my numbers. Even after you offered the real world example.
It's amazing to me that I use approximations and that's not ok according to you, yet you added I don't know how many assumptions about my numbers and surprise, surprise, your ASSumptions brought us back to your baseless argument.

The government's wasteful spending, nepotism and greed are destroying our economy. When financial institutions influence campaigns and then legislation, you get the crash of 2008 and poor people had absolutely nothing to do with it.
How's that working for ya, zippy?
JDC

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2012

Judged:

x0x0x wrote:
<quoted text>It's amazing to me that I use approximations and that's not ok according to you, yet you added I don't know how many assumptions about my numbers and surprise, surprise, your ASSumptions brought us back to your baseless argument.
I took you numbers and showed you the exact opposite of what you stated. I am fine with your real world example.

My assumptions are the real world based upon refundable tax credits (welfare) that exist, but for some reason you are closing your eyes and ignoring the facts. But then if you acknowledge what I say, you would then have to admit that indeed I am right.

You stated the pay taxes and only took home $320 per week and I showed that they not only were not liable for income taxes, but they received refunds in the thousands via refundable credits that wiped out all their taxes paid and instead of taking home $320 as you said I showed how they actually took home over $500 per week.

AND YET YOU NEVER QUESTIONED MY NUMBERS BECAUSE THEY WERE NOT APPROXIMATION, BUT A REAL WORLD EXAMPLE.

I then pointed out the other numerous programs they are eligible for and your comeback is "well they are too proud to take the aid and probably do not". What a cop out.

I took your real world example that you so nicely laid out and ripped it to shreds. And you have no comeback because facts are a stubborn thing.

I find it unbelievable that you come back in light of the fact I have taken your argument and put it on its head.

AS I said, you weren't exactly captain of your high school debate team now were you?
JDC

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2012

Judged:

x0x0x wrote:
<quoted text>It's amazing to me that I use approximations and that's not ok according to you, yet you added I don't know how many assumptions about my numbers and surprise, surprise, your ASSumptions brought us back to your baseless argument.
I have thanked you countless times for providing a real world example. It was OK by me, I just took it one step further and showed what happens when they file their annual 1040, all based upon your example.

It was not my assumptions, but facts and real numbers that I provided to back up my argument and take your example and put it on its head.

How many posts are you going to ignore refundable tax credits like eitc and child tax credits that results in these families getting refunds that offset all taxes paid and then some?

That is all I did, take your example and take it to its logical conclusion by providing real numbers based upon today's tax law.

When one is poor, they should not have to pay any income taxes as almost half of our country does currently. But when they receive free money from the government just for filing their 1040, well that is just another form of welfare or income redistribution in our government's failed war on poverty.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2012

Judged:

JDC wrote:
<quoted text>
I took you numbers
Off topic spam.

Flagged.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2012

Judged:

JDC wrote:
<quoted text>
I have thanked
off topic spam.

Flagged.

“BILLARY 2016 ”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2012

Judged:

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
off topic spam.
Flagged.
That guy
is off-the-charts ANAL.
Really one dimensional.
JDC

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2012

Judged:

x0x0x wrote:
<quoted text>
Better than a link.
Walmart starting salary $10 per hour.
(Oh, and this is the same WALMART that posts record profits every
quarter.)
AVerage worker during average 40 hour week earns $400 at walmart.
After taxes and contributions, worker collects around $320.
Multiply $320 by 4 weeks (in average month) and you get
$1280 per month.
Multiply $1280 by 12 (months in year) you get
$15360 per year.
Rent:$600 per month (and I'm going super low).
Car insurance:$100 per month
Health insurance:$200 per month
Gas:$120 per month
Food:$400 per month
I kept costs as low as is realistically possible
and already, this person is already $140 dollars
over budget. God forbid their kids need a pair
of shoes or need to go to an ER.
You really are either an idiot or just oblivious to
reality. The POOR people you talk about incessantly
are the poor people who are unlucky enough to work
for slave-labor companies like Walmart. They don't get
food stamps. They don't collect welfare but they are poor,
the WORKING POOR, and there are a lot more of THEM
than welfare moochers.
Blame the poor all you want. It's obvious
you are dumber than a stump anyway.
We need to bump this so all can see how out of touch the liberal are. I waited for months for libs to provide a real world example, so I could rip it apart. If you hate the illogical thought process of libs, enjoy my response to this post:

Let's address your real world example shall we and show you where you are wrong and will leave you speechless:
Your walmart employee makes $20,800 for the year. Your Walmart employee has at least two children as evidenced your statement: "
"God forbid their kids", so logically they are a married couple with 2 kids.

With an income of $20,800 there is no income tax as their personal exemptions and standard deduction results in a zero taxable income.

If they pay no income taxes all they are now subject to is FICA (4.2% and medicare 1.45%) or 5.65% on their gross wages totaling $1,175.20 for the year or 22.60 per week. When they file their tax return there is no income tax, however they get a refund totaling $6,650 because of refundable tax credits ($4,325 for EITC and $2,325 for the child tax credit)
http://www.irs.gov/app/vita/content/globalmed ...

These refundable credit are $6,650 or an EXTRA $128 per week!!
There real take home pay is really $377.40 per week (400.00-22.60 fica)
They get back from the IRS more than enough to compensate for their FICA and medicare they paid during the year, thus they pay a negative tqax.
Their refund of $128 per week means their "REAL" take home pay is ($377.4 & 128)$505.40, not $320 as you want us to believe below, 58% moire take home pay than you said.

After this family received the refunds from the IRS just for filing of $6,650.00 that more than covered their FICA and medicare. It covered their sales taxes. It covered their gas tax. It covered their property tax. They paid no taxes.

Yet they are still eligible for social security and medicare, and medicaid.

In regards to food, they are eligible for food stamps at $400 per month at this income level. Their kids are eligible for school food programs also.

In regards to housing they are eligible for low income housing assistance.

Now see you are the idiot because you never consider all the programs these folks are eligible for as I just laid out. How refundable tax credits results in them getting back more than all the other taxes they pay combined.

You said clearly "They don't get food stamps. They don't collect welfare" Yet I just showed that was an outright lie as I have shown.

Did I thank you for actually providing a real world example?

I love battling mindless libs that live in a fantasy world.

“BILLARY 2016 ”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2012

Judged:

Funny that you think all poor people apply for government assistance.

Just because your family has no pride and lives off
the Government, doesn't mean that ALL poor people live off the Government. BTW, you can earn $40,000 and still live in squalor and not be eligible for Government help.

Of course, this is all over your tiny, vapid head.
You are still a huge waste of keystrokes.

Do tell, why do you have so much time on your hands that you can type the same thing over an over and over day after day? What purpose do you serve on this planet?

crickets......
JDC

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2012

Judged:

x0x0x wrote:
Funny that you think all poor people apply for government assistance.
Feel free to point out where i said that.

Strawman!
JDC

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2012

Judged:

x0x0x wrote:
What purpose do you serve on this planet?
Showing the stupidity of liberals like yourself. It's easier than taking candy from a baby.

It doesn't take much time or much thought process to show the stupidity of your argument.

“BILLARY 2016 ”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2012

Judged:

JDC wrote:
<quoted text>
Showing the stupidity of liberals like yourself. It's easier than taking candy from a baby.
It doesn't take much time or much thought process to show the stupidity of your argument.
Let's see....today I will play the piano, feed the baby ducks that come to my back door, read my book, work in my garden, take my child to their daily activity, go to the beach to walk, prepare dinner, eat it with my family, watch a little TV and head off to bed.

You, on the other hand, will sit in front of your PC and talk about how this country is suffering economically because of poor people. You will whine and moan and blame, blame blame and surprise, surprise, your ranting will do nothing for anyone other than make you feel like less of a loser because at least you aren't poor.

I bet if you asked someone who is poor about their situation as compared to your pathetic existence, I think the poor American would say "Well, at least I'm not miserable like JDC."
Sadly for you, money can't by you happiness or intelligence.

Hope you get a life someday....or not. I really could care less.
JDC

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2012

Judged:

x0x0x wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet if you asked someone who is poor about their situation as compared to your pathetic existence
If you are going to be poor, be poor in America. They live better than the wealthy did 100 years ago.

The following are facts about persons defined as "poor" by the Census Bureau, taken from various government reports:

Fortysix percent of all poor households actually own their own homes. The average home owned by persons classified as poor by the Census Bureau is a threebedroom house with oneandahalf baths, a garage, and a porch or patio.
Seventysix percent of poor households have air conditioning. By contrast, 30 years ago, only 36 percent of the entire U.S. population enjoyed air conditioning.
Only 6 percent of poor households are overcrowded. More than twothirds have more than two rooms per person.
The average poor American has more living space than the average individual living in Paris, London, Vienna, Athens, and other cities throughout Europe.(These comparisons are to the average citizens in foreign countries, not to those classified as poor.)
Nearly threequarters of poor households own a car; 30 percent own two or more cars.
Ninetyseven percent of poor households have a color television; over half own two or more color televisions.
Seventyeight percent have a VCR or DVD player; 62 percent have cable or satellite TV reception.
Seventythree percent own microwave ovens, more than half have a stereo, and a third have an automatic dishwasher.

AS I said, if you are going to be poor, be poor in America.

“BILLARY 2016 ”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2012

Judged:

JDC wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are going to be poor, be poor in America. They live better than the wealthy did 100 years ago.
The following are facts about persons defined as "poor" by the Census Bureau, taken from various government reports:
Fortysix percent of all poor households actually own their own homes. The average home owned by persons classified as poor by the Census Bureau is a threebedroom house with oneandahalf baths, a garage, and a porch or patio.
Seventysix percent of poor households have air conditioning. By contrast, 30 years ago, only 36 percent of the entire U.S. population enjoyed air conditioning.
Only 6 percent of poor households are overcrowded. More than twothirds have more than two rooms per person.
The average poor American has more living space than the average individual living in Paris, London, Vienna, Athens, and other cities throughout Europe.(These comparisons are to the average citizens in foreign countries, not to those classified as poor.)
Nearly threequarters of poor households own a car; 30 percent own two or more cars.
Ninetyseven percent of poor households have a color television; over half own two or more color televisions.
Seventyeight percent have a VCR or DVD player; 62 percent have cable or satellite TV reception.
Seventythree percent own microwave ovens, more than half have a stereo, and a third have an automatic dishwasher.
AS I said, if you are going to be poor, be poor in America.
The average salary, worldwide is $1,000.
Compared to the rest of the world, no American is poor.
I'm sure all the kids going to bed hungry in America, every night,
appreciate that little civics lesson.

Nice deflection, zippy.
You really have no purpose in life, do you?
JDC

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2012

Judged:

x0x0x wrote:
<quoted text>The average salary, worldwide is $1,000.
Compared to the rest of the world, no American is poor.
My point exactly.

“BILLARY 2016 ”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2012

Judged:

JDC wrote:
<quoted text>
My point exactly.
The point is at the top of your head, zippy.
All the while, thousands, maybe millions of poor American children will go to bed hungry every night and it is of no concern to you.

Careful, your Christianity is showing (or lack thereof).
JDC

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2012

Judged:

x0x0x wrote:
<quoted text>
All the while, thousands, maybe millions of poor American children will go to bed hungry every night
maybe? so you are saying you really don't have a clue. Thousands to millions is quite a stretch, but then so is your whole argument.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 24
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••