Biden: Romney will 'put y'all back in chains'

Aug 14, 2012 Full story: KMBC-TV 1,193

Vice President Joe Biden leveled a heavy charge at Mitt Romney on Tuesday, arguing the presumptive GOP nominee's proposed policies on Wall Street reform would be detrimental for Americans.

Full Story
Razors Edge

Oak Lawn, IL

#286 Aug 20, 2012
What happened to all that "Hopey,Chainey Stuff"?
Oooops,Changey????
Graydog

Martinsville, VA

#287 Aug 20, 2012
WASP wrote:
<quoted text>no one including myself gives a chit about your whinny azz race bullchit issues anymore.
To bad :-)
Seth Adams

AOL

#289 Aug 20, 2012
OregonSUX wrote:
"The Republican Brain: The Science of Why They Deny Science- and Reality
Bestselling author Chris Mooney uses cutting-edge research to explain the psychology behind why today’s Republicans reject reality—it's just part of who they are.
From climate change to evolution, the rejection of mainstream science among Republicans is growing, as is the denial of expert consensus on the economy, American history, foreign policy and much more.
Why won't Republicans accept things that most experts agree on? Why are they constantly fighting against the facts?
Science writer Chris Mooney explores brain scans, polls, and psychology experiments to explain why conservatives today believe more wrong things; appear more likely than Democrats to oppose new ideas and less likely to change their beliefs in the face of new facts; and sometimes respond to compelling evidence by doubling down on their current beliefs."
It's the culture of inept brains.
You exemplify the worst in the American character. Of course, you think our families deserve nothing more than Obama. You lust for America to fail.
Triad

Denver, CO

#290 Aug 20, 2012
Biden's 'put y'all back in chains' speech directed at a predominantly black audience goes along with Obama's 'git outta your bedroom slippahs and work' ad hominem to the black caucus. Both put on that dumb black tone to 'connect with their voters'.

How embarassing that your leaders talk to you like that. Then after they done, they throw you under the bus with no jobs. Barack didn't bother to attend any real black american meetings in Martha's Vineyard last year or in Chicago recently.

It's good to see Newsweek throw them two undah the proverbial bus.
Cat74

Barrington, IL

#291 Aug 20, 2012
When a Democrat says stupid things they get the hook, take him off stage for a couple weeks, and sneak him back on the road. When Republicns say something stupid like Akin we get rid of him. He was elected by Democrat cross overs because they wanted a weak candidate to run agains Mccaskill. We would rather lose then have someone like him representing us. Democrats have no morals.
KaiViti

Auckland, New Zealand

#292 Aug 20, 2012
Tagata Folau O le Vasa wrote:
Ai polo lou Tama.
Manuia le aso fa'afafige

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#293 Aug 20, 2012
Razors Edge wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeahhh,Gonna put Y,All in Chains!!!!!
Liberals,Are they the ones who spout
PC night,and day??????????
Yes, the Romneys believe in returning to pre Civil War days.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#294 Aug 21, 2012
Lakesha wrote:
<quoted text> FU too.
HAHAHA!!! Funny guy.
slingshot

Bristol, VA

#295 Aug 21, 2012
Cat74 wrote:
When a Democrat says stupid things they get the hook, take him off stage for a couple weeks, and sneak him back on the road. When Republicns say something stupid like Akin we get rid of him. He was elected by Democrat cross overs because they wanted a weak candidate to run agains Mccaskill. We would rather lose then have someone like him representing us. Democrats have no morals.
So the Democrat's voted for Akin so they would have a weak candidate to run against. So I guess the Democrat's should vote for Romney so they will have a weak candidate to run against in four yrs. You do know that Ryan co-sponsored a bill about the very thing Akin talked about don't you, and then dropped him like a hot rock. Just another two faced move by Ryan. You should look up and read the bill they sponsored. I have heard all I want from the Republican, small government stuff. When they,(mostly men), want to dictate to a rape victim if they can or cannot have a abortion. Small government, my eye.
realist

Greensboro, NC

#296 Aug 21, 2012
OregonSUX wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, the Romneys believe in returning to pre Civil War days.
Hey OregonSUX, were you aware of the only recorded Coup in the United States that occurred in Wilminton N.C. around the time of the Civil War ? Free educated Blacks were gaining political power in being elected to office. The Local Democrats took exception to this advancement, put on their hoods and started lynching the duly elected. Many of those educated free blacks fled out of state and for years their heirs have attempted to reclaim their property. Ah, those dems have pulled the wool over the eyes of the gullible blacks today with their promises of rewards if they only toe the line in the voting booths.
Sad, that they would sell their souls for promises of honey from heaven.
Graydog

Martinsville, VA

#297 Aug 21, 2012
realist wrote:
<quoted text>Hey OregonSUX, were you aware of the only recorded Coup in the United States that occurred in Wilminton N.C. around the time of the Civil War ? Free educated Blacks were gaining political power in being elected to office. The Local Democrats took exception to this advancement, put on their hoods and started lynching the duly elected. Many of those educated free blacks fled out of state and for years their heirs have attempted to reclaim their property. Ah, those dems have pulled the wool over the eyes of the gullible blacks today with their promises of rewards if they only toe the line in the voting booths.
Sad, that they would sell their souls for promises of honey from heaven.
Hey Realist, didn't most of those dems become Repubs in the 60's ?
Graydog

Martinsville, VA

#299 Aug 21, 2012
Normal Flora wrote:
<quoted text>Churches are a personal entertainment choice that we taxpayers shouldn't have to subsidize.
But we do, where is the tea party.

“Sharia, NOT!”

Since: Jul 10

San Diego, CA

#300 Aug 21, 2012
Normal Flora wrote:
<quoted text>Churches are a personal entertainment choice that we taxpayers shouldn't have to subsidize.
You are correct. So why did you legalize the practice of incorporation for religious organizations?
So they could benefit from subsides and allow the gov to dictate policies such as hiring based upon sexual preferences.

Can't have both ways you know.
realist

Greensboro, NC

#301 Aug 21, 2012
Graydog wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Realist, didn't most of those dems become Repubs in the 60's ?
Nope, they still are wearing the robes/hoods in private and are still practicing democrats. Hard to change their handed down generational political beliefs. They are still practicing inslavement of the Blacks, but with promises of a better life with govt. handouts inexchange for their votes.
CunningLinguist

Eustis, FL

#302 Aug 21, 2012
We could go on and on about the threat to our democracy from a looming “hereditary oligarchy” or a conspiratorial “New World Order”- but not now.

Republicans (i.e. conservatives) are for small, limited government (i.e. states rights over federalism) and their party is largely influenced by three competing and overlapping interests. There are the wealthy corporate interests, anti-union and anti-regulation; the Tea Party element, convinced that taxes are too high (even though they’re at the lowest in more than a generation) and, that government is the enemy (except for Medicare, which they like) and; the religious fundamentalists, who are largely anti-science and anti-education that isn’t based on theology. There are NeoCons too, but they’re just too sinister to discuss in greater detail here. Their number includes an unhealthy, dangerous mix of the above.

Democrats (i.e. liberals and progressives) believe that our federal government can and should do things for all the people and should represent that fact. They support worker/union rights, public education, a fair and progressive tax structure to fund defense, public works and promote the general public welfare. In essence, they support the principle first espoused (in modern times) by English philosopher, jurist and social reformer Jeremy Bentham (1748-1832) who wrote,“It is the greatest good to the greatest number of people which is the measure of right and wrong.” John Stuart Mill (1806-1873), a better known British philosopher and economist, was a disciple of Bentham’s and more fully developed the dynamics of the utilitarian views of society.

The GOP has become bitter and angry and seems determined to fight the Civil War all over again. Not on the battlefield but rather in the legislatures and courts.

No longer dedicated to expanding rights and progressing our common welfare, but rather, resolved in standing still - even returning to the “good old days,” which really weren’t all that good for millions of women, minorities, the poor and elderly, gays, etc.

The debate and anger raging on the Right and the calls for Obama to cast Biden aside (throw him under the bus) are merely out of their self-realization that there is a great deal of truth in his speech.

Their outrage represents an attempt to marginalize his role in this campaign, to effectively energize the base and reach out to moderate and independent voters.

“Methinks they doth protest too much.” Hamlet
Cat74

Mchenry, IL

#304 Aug 21, 2012
Biden is telling the truth? That's his truth, and it makes him look stupid. I am glad we have Biden though. He is the epitome of the real Democrat.
Earl

Charlottesville, VA

#306 Aug 21, 2012
CunningLinguist wrote:
We could go on and on about the threat to our democracy from a looming “hereditary oligarchy” or a conspiratorial “New World Order”- but not now.
Republicans (i.e. conservatives) are for small, limited government (i.e. states rights over federalism) and their party is largely influenced by three competing and overlapping interests. There are the wealthy corporate interests, anti-union and anti-regulation; the Tea Party element, convinced that taxes are too high (even though they’re at the lowest in more than a generation) and, that government is the enemy (except for Medicare, which they like) and; the religious fundamentalists, who are largely anti-science and anti-education that isn’t based on theology. There are NeoCons too, but they’re just too sinister to discuss in greater detail here. Their number includes an unhealthy, dangerous mix of the above.
Democrats (i.e. liberals and progressives) believe that our federal government can and should do things for all the people and should represent that fact. They support worker/union rights, public education, a fair and progressive tax structure to fund defense, public works and promote the general public welfare. In essence, they support the principle first espoused (in modern times) by English philosopher, jurist and social reformer Jeremy Bentham (1748-1832) who wrote,“It is the greatest good to the greatest number of people which is the measure of right and wrong.” John Stuart Mill (1806-1873), a better known British philosopher and economist, was a disciple of Bentham’s and more fully developed the dynamics of the utilitarian views of society.
The GOP has become bitter and angry and seems determined to fight the Civil War all over again. Not on the battlefield but rather in the legislatures and courts.
No longer dedicated to expanding rights and progressing our common welfare, but rather, resolved in standing still - even returning to the “good old days,” which really weren’t all that good for millions of women, minorities, the poor and elderly, gays, etc.
The debate and anger raging on the Right and the calls for Obama to cast Biden aside (throw him under the bus) are merely out of their self-realization that there is a great deal of truth in his speech.
Their outrage represents an attempt to marginalize his role in this campaign, to effectively energize the base and reach out to moderate and independent voters.
“Methinks they doth protest too much.” Hamlet
ole Robert Byrd is gone and can't quietly support the KKK But if he were here no doubt he would along with Ted Kennedy.
Graydog

Martinsville, VA

#307 Aug 21, 2012
realist wrote:
<quoted text>Nope, they still are wearing the robes/hoods in private and are still practicing democrats. Hard to change their handed down generational political beliefs. They are still practicing inslavement of the Blacks, but with promises of a better life with govt. handouts inexchange for their votes.
BS.
JBH

Richmond, Canada

#308 Aug 21, 2012
IF THEY HAD SHOWN the pictures of former dead Libya Gadaffi without fear of AL QAEDA Groups which Obama built there,including Muslims and Islams around the world, why would he have fear of AL QAEDA AND MUSLIMS WHEN HE SAID HE GOT BIN LADEN DEAD by showing the pictures of dead bin Laden and DNA without distortion and any forgery?

It clears the matter that bin Laden is finally confirmed known-dead, despite many things like the whole happening of plots, to other accomplices and how 9-11 happened with full facts presented, as wanted, were not gotten.

It needs evidence and proof and data to prove what one says--in this case, no one witnessed the shooting of Bin Laden, other than the Seal, and the Pakistan's side (bin Laden's wife who really knew that was Laden?)
Nitty Gritty

United States

#309 Aug 21, 2012
Half the country is in chains now, and too stupid to realize it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mitt Romney Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
On third endorsement, Cain backs Romney (May '12) 12 hr Swedenforever 32
Melaleuca CEO sues magazine, claims defamation (Feb '13) Sun Granolamonger 2
Romney Leads Scattered 2016 GOP Field, Clinton ... Fri Elise Gingerich 95
Pawlenty to Become Wall Street Lobbyist (Sep '12) Fri swedenforever 9
The 2014 electorate would have elected Mitt Rom... Nov 21 Le Jimbo 20
Why They Hate Obama (Aug '13) Nov 21 mjjcpa 12,419
Who is the worst president since WWII ? Nov 20 The 1 0ne 1,051

Mitt Romney People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE