In America, atheists are still in the closet

There are 20 comments on the Apr 11, 2012, Spiked story titled In America, atheists are still in the closet. In it, Spiked reports that:

So do many other interest and identity groups. Complaint is our political lingua franca: it's what Occupiers, Tea Partiers, Wall Street titans, religious and irreligious people share.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Spiked.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#13886 Jun 4, 2012
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>Hi WN, I've got two tickets for Benny Hinn. Wanna go? Lol! I'm just kidding. I think hes less than genuine. Good morning.:)
Hey Al!

I'll give you this.

You are becoming a master of the understatement.

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#13887 Jun 4, 2012
I'm about 2 hours behind on reading, but so far, I'm giving this thread the "Finally, a discussion!" Award.

I think we need a false dichotomy ticker. I've counted several.

We have respect, no respect, and disrespect. Three things, not two things, three things. Count them. One ha ha, two ha ha, three ha ha, three things. Now we'll write it out. 3 is like an 8 that has been side swiped by an over zealous taxi driver.

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#13888 Jun 4, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>My son tells me almost daily now that he is so much more appreciative of even the small things in life, and how much love and support he sees in his life that he really just took for granted before. And he tells me several times a day,'I love you so much, Mom'. That's what moms are for.
.. because of your love, he's on the road to recovery ..

.. big HEART judgeit click !!..

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#13889 Jun 4, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>This is a wonderful post!
And I love Malory, Chaucer etc. My favorite classes in high school were English Lit. And I had the biggest crush on my English lit teacher! I was all of 15 but I think the romance of the writing of that time stirred me. It still does. I get all weak in the knees with the poetry of many of that era. Ask Mac if you don't believe that!
Thanks!

Writing is the most seductive people can be - it's a passionate, seductive art, getting into people's minds, getting into your own.

That's why DF is here! And HL - I think it's the writing that draws us here.

You must have met NightSerf? He has great mastery of the English language. It's quite beautiful to play off writing with him. He and I did it on the Faith thread waaaaaay back, wrote a couple poems in middle English to each other on there. That was fun!
JEB

United States

#13890 Jun 4, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>Well then, we can add virulent philosophies to that.
What is it that you enjoy so much that is the consequence of violence? I hope it's people coming to their senses and recognizing that violence for any reason is wrong and that the same things can be accomplished through peaceful and sane communication. Now, if the rest of the world can learn that....
Yes agree.

Leon Trotsky and the Red Terror did not and shot people who disagreed.

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#13891 Jun 4, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks so much.
My son tells me almost daily now that he is so much more appreciative of even the small things in life, and how much love and support he sees in his life that he really just took for granted before. And he tells me several times a day,'I love you so much, Mom'. That's what moms are for.
Ahhhh, that's wonderful news! I'm quite glad to hear that!

yaaaaaaaaay!

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#13892 Jun 4, 2012
Double Fine wrote:
Hey People.
You are all narking on True Truth.
Please Quit it.
Oh, he likes the attention.

:p

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#13893 Jun 4, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Al!
I'll give you this.
You are becoming a master of the understatement.
Thanks????
Lol! How's it going Aero? Hope you're having a most excellent day!

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#13894 Jun 4, 2012
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>Hi WN, I've got two tickets for Benny Hinn. Wanna go? Lol! I'm just kidding. I think hes less than genuine. Good morning.:)
Good afternoon, Al.

I'll just pass on the Benny Hinn. If I have time for an event of any sort, I'll just go watch the Braves lose again.(dangit!) I'd rather donate money to them as they take a real interest in the school children of this state. My granddaughter sang at the opening of the Braves minor team last month. Then a lot of kids got to play games on the field in between innings. We all walked away with a Braves blanket. Yeah, I think I'll just donate my money to someone who cares about the children in our state and promotes education and physical fitness programs.

Benny Hinn less than genuine? All praise Benny and raise your arms and bodies hit the floor in exaltation of him!

http://www.bing.com/videos/search...

I think there was one woman in there to whom he secretly said 'Oh, stop trying to upstage me and just fall down!'

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#13895 Jun 4, 2012
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
That's why the Christian treatment of atheists in America has been so immoral. We atheists have always been depicted as untrustworthy. You saw the Bush quote.
.. young George was just expressing his gratitude to Christian fundamentalism. What's wrong with that ??..

.. you know how I love gossip so I'll tell you a story ..

.. did you know that when young George was in the National Guard he was arrested by the Houston Police for cocaine possession? Old George knew that young George was in deep shit and rescued junior, had him enter a religious drug/alcohol rehabilitation center in CA ..

.. young George was guided away from drugs to Jesus. Old George also knew young George would receive a dishonorable discharge from the Guard so had junior's arrest record expunged, even removed from the police blotter ..

.. young George quit drugs, became a model born-again Christian and became president thanks to the efforts of "C" Street ..

.. the end ..

“The eye has it...”

Since: Jan 12

Russell's teapot.

#13896 Jun 4, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahh, you think I care.
You are wrong.
Follow the thread, we were speaking of USMC DI's.
Same difference. I had two Ex Marine DI's that had changed service because the Army offered a few differences as far as station choices for family reason.

And you care, or you wouldn't make it a point to point it out that you don't.

See, I care what you're input is. It's of use to me.

But "use", in the context I mean it as being useful, isn't dependent on you. You just happen to be a good one to use and you're here and make yourself available.

So I use you.

It's a Ventriloquist/dummy relationship, and you aren't the Ventriloquist.

Understand?






























Good dummy, good dummy.
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3160/2897693032...

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#13898 Jun 4, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
You think they would assassinate someone who did that?
I would bet they'd be plotting before it got released.

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#13900 Jun 4, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a really good point.
Uhm...tantric sex - or zen sex - those are experiences you generally, but now always, have with a partner!
Where in the heck did Mac disappear to? I gotta have a talk with that boy.

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#13901 Jun 4, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
I'm about 2 hours behind on reading, but so far, I'm giving this thread the "Finally, a discussion!" Award.
I think we need a false dichotomy ticker. I've counted several.
We have respect, no respect, and disrespect. Three things, not two things, three things. Count them. One ha ha, two ha ha, three ha ha, three things. Now we'll write it out. 3 is like an 8 that has been side swiped by an over zealous taxi driver.
Now that there's funny, I don't care who you are.

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#13902 Jun 4, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>Good afternoon, Al.
I'll just pass on the Benny Hinn. If I have time for an event of any sort, I'll just go watch the Braves lose again.(dangit!) I'd rather donate money to them as they take a real interest in the school children of this state. My granddaughter sang at the opening of the Braves minor team last month. Then a lot of kids got to play games on the field in between innings. We all walked away with a Braves blanket. Yeah, I think I'll just donate my money to someone who cares about the children in our state and promotes education and physical fitness programs.
Benny Hinn less than genuine? All praise Benny and raise your arms and bodies hit the floor in exaltation of him!
http://www.bing.com/videos/search...
I think there was one woman in there to whom he secretly said 'Oh, stop trying to upstage me and just fall down!'
Wow! I almost fell myself watching the video. Not.
Well at least I came across an Adam Ant song I haven't heard in years. Thanks!

Congratulations on your granddaughters big day! It's a big deal here as well when someone we know sings at the opening to the Rancho Cucamonga Quakes game.(Dodgers minor league)

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#13903 Jun 4, 2012
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. because of your love, he's on the road to recovery ..
.. big HEART judgeit click !!..
I don't know how a woman cannot love their children, though I have seen it with my own eyes. My kids are AWESOME!

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#13904 Jun 4, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks!
Writing is the most seductive people can be - it's a passionate, seductive art, getting into people's minds, getting into your own.
That's why DF is here! And HL - I think it's the writing that draws us here.
You must have met NightSerf? He has great mastery of the English language. It's quite beautiful to play off writing with him. He and I did it on the Faith thread waaaaaay back, wrote a couple poems in middle English to each other on there. That was fun!
I feel like a midget among giants, to tell you the truth.

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#13905 Jun 4, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>Good afternoon, Al.
I'll just pass on the Benny Hinn. If I have time for an event of any sort, I'll just go watch the Braves lose again.(dangit!) I'd rather donate money to them as they take a real interest in the school children of this state. My granddaughter sang at the opening of the Braves minor team last month. Then a lot of kids got to play games on the field in between innings. We all walked away with a Braves blanket. Yeah, I think I'll just donate my money to someone who cares about the children in our state and promotes education and physical fitness programs.
Benny Hinn less than genuine? All praise Benny and raise your arms and bodies hit the floor in exaltation of him!
http://www.bing.com/videos/search...
I think there was one woman in there to whom he secretly said 'Oh, stop trying to upstage me and just fall down!'
By the way, I sent my last post too quickly. I hope your son is doing well and even though many may object, I will pray for a quick and full speedy recovery for him. This truly is from my heart WN.

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#13906 Jun 4, 2012
Hey Double Fine, I found a tee for ya..

http://www.headlineshirts.net/catalog/product...

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#13907 Jun 4, 2012
JEB wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes agree.
Leon Trotsky and the Red Terror did not and shot people who disagreed.
The Christian Inquisitors had the most lethal torture devices ever used and used them with glee.

http://readingshouts.wordpress.com/2008/05/12...

Good people are kind. Bad people are cruel. It's better to have kind leaders than cruel leaders.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mitt Romney Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Jeb Bush tells his donors they've helped make h... 15 hr Gov Corbutt of th... 12
News Scott Walker's Immigration Shift at Odds With K... Sun Le Jimbo 80
News Shock poll: 46% of Mississippi GOP would vote t... (Apr '11) Sun ritedownthemiddle 248
News Scott Walker is 2016's Mitt Romney Sat YouDidntBuildThat 4
News Romney campaign official joins Gov. Scott Walke... Apr 22 swedenforever 96
News Romneyites Think the 47% Are Parasites (Oct '12) Apr 22 swedenforever 12
News Jeb Bush: I'm as conservative as any governor o... Apr 22 swedenforever 27
More from around the web