Romney Signs on to Anti-Gay Group's Campaign Pledge

Aug 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: EDGE

Former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney has signed on to a campaign pledge created by the anti-gay National Organization for Marriage, a group that seeks to obstruct marriage equality and, in states where gay and lesbian families are legally allowed to wed, to roll family parity back.

Comments
9,001 - 9,020 of 12,989 Comments Last updated Aug 20, 2012

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2012

Rose_NoHo wrote:
Conservatism is hatred of people who don't deserve it. Best to get rid of it. And there is no plot to "destroy the American family".
Leftism is destroying authority.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2012

Rose_NoHo wrote:
They are. They are a fundie group dedicated to spreading hate towards gays. And as if typical of fundie hate groups, they try to make their hate seem noble. They paint themselves as being "for marraige". I bet if I did a little digging, I'd find out many of those people "for marraige" are divorced...
Divorced people support husband/wife marriage; sometimes with alimony.

Is that a word,"fundie"?
Epicurus

Kissimmee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2012

Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
...yawn...
Your paranoia is noted. You fundie types have been saying that very same thing for hundreds of years. Here's an example from the 1920s:
"Today Christians ... stand at the head of [this country]... I pledge that I never will tie myself to parties who want to destroy Christianity .. We want to fill our culture again with the Christian spirit ... We want to burn out all the recent immoral developments in literature, in the theater, and in the press - in short, we want to burn out the poison of immorality which has entered into our whole life and culture as a result of liberal excess during the past ...(few) years."
Wanna take a guess at who said that?
Christian spirit?

If any man come to me, and HATE not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.--Luke 14:26

The most evil, vile, heartless, and inhumane massacres, genocides, and subjugation have been performed and instigated by none other then Christians and their imperialistic and racially motivated conquests.

It was Christians who nearly wiped out the entire Native American race by exterminating over 50 Million of them. It was Christians who have murdered 60-90 Million Africans, and tortured the rest for over 400 years, it was Christians who puppeted the Spanish Inquisition, Hitler and his entire staff were Christians themselves.

Christians are the definition of the word hypocrite. Christians run up in other people’s countries, and brainwash the innocent into believing that their way of life is inferior to yours, and that if one does not accept "Jesus Christ" as their savior they will burn in Hell eternally. But I ask you who’s to say that Christians follow Jesus?

The bottom line is, the most evil actions ever performed on the face of the earth, are attributed to none other then European/American Christians, and their conquests in the name of greed and capitalism. Christianity was always meant to be a bloody religion, as it was fashioned by Constantine who saw a cross in his dream and with it he read "In this sign we shall conquer".

All this and the simple fact is that Jesus himself did not even sanctify Christianity. Nowhere in the bible did the word Christianity comes out of his mouth, as he instructed his disciples to keep the original commandments given by the most high. Jesus never said "worship me", nor did he claim to be God.

Jesus DID in fact state however that "Many in the future shall come in his name, but believe them not, for they are liars".

If Christians alone have the truth, then why is it that it was only they who believed that the Earth was flat, when the rest of the civilized world in fact knew it was spherical in shape, thousands of years before Jesus was even on the scene?

If Christians alone know the truth, then why is it that they thought that the Earth was the center of the universe, when the rest of the world knew that that was false?

Why is it that Christians had absolutely NO knowledge of astronomy, the stars, or outer space, when the rest of the world had advances astronomical knowledge complete with solar and lunar calendars?

Christians have not only been the most violent people on the earth, but they have also been the stupidest. And History will back up that fact…

The cost to humanity of fifteen centuries of Christian savagery, of hundreds of millions of lives brutalised and truncated, sacrificed to war, torture, pogroms, burning, pestilence and plague is incalculable.

Christianity is the worst disaster in human history
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2012

Epicurus wrote:
<quoted text>
Christian spirit?
If any man come to me, and HATE not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.--Luke 14:26
The most evil, vile, heartless, and inhumane massacres, genocides, and subjugation have been performed and instigated by none other then Christians and their imperialistic and racially motivated conquests.
It was Christians who nearly wiped out the entire Native American race by exterminating over 50 Million of them. It was Christians who have murdered 60-90 Million Africans, and tortured the rest for over 400 years, it was Christians who puppeted the Spanish Inquisition, Hitler and his entire staff were Christians themselves.
Christians are the definition of the word hypocrite. Christians run up in other people’s countries, and brainwash the innocent into believing that their way of life is inferior to yours, and that if one does not accept "Jesus Christ" as their savior they will burn in Hell eternally. But I ask you who’s to say that Christians follow Jesus?
The bottom line is, the most evil actions ever performed on the face of the earth, are attributed to none other then European/American Christians, and their conquests in the name of greed and capitalism. Christianity was always meant to be a bloody religion, as it was fashioned by Constantine who saw a cross in his dream and with it he read "In this sign we shall conquer".
All this and the simple fact is that Jesus himself did not even sanctify Christianity. Nowhere in the bible did the word Christianity comes out of his mouth, as he instructed his disciples to keep the original commandments given by the most high. Jesus never said "worship me", nor did he claim to be God.
Jesus DID in fact state however that "Many in the future shall come in his name, but believe them not, for they are liars".
If Christians alone have the truth, then why is it that it was only they who believed that the Earth was flat, when the rest of the civilized world in fact knew it was spherical in shape, thousands of years before Jesus was even on the scene?
If Christians alone know the truth, then why is it that they thought that the Earth was the center of the universe, when the rest of the world knew that that was false?
Why is it that Christians had absolutely NO knowledge of astronomy, the stars, or outer space, when the rest of the world had advances astronomical knowledge complete with solar and lunar calendars?
Christians have not only been the most violent people on the earth, but they have also been the stupidest. And History will back up that fact…
The cost to humanity of fifteen centuries of Christian savagery, of hundreds of millions of lives brutalised and truncated, sacrificed to war, torture, pogroms, burning, pestilence and plague is incalculable.
Christianity is the worst disaster in human history
I agree.... that's why I quoted Hitler... to show the idiocy.
Epicurus

Kissimmee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2012

Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>I agree.... that's why I quoted Hitler... to show the idiocy.
Christians are quick to deny Hitler

http://www.humanitas-international.org/showca...

"I SAY: MY FEELING AS A CHRISTIAN POINTS ME TO MY LORD AND SAVIOUR AS A FIGHTER. IT POINTS ME TO THE MAN WHO ONCE IN LONELINESS, SURROUNDED ONLY BY A FEW FOLLOWERS, RECOGNIZED THESE JEWS FOR WHAT THEY WERE AND SUMMONED MEN TO THE FIGHT AGAINST THEM AND WHO, GOD'S TRUTH! WAS GREATEST NOT AS SUFFERER BUT AS FIGHTER. In boundless love as a Christian and as a man I read through the passage which tells us how the Lord at last rose in His might and seized the scourge to drive out of the Temple the brood of vipers and of adders. How terrific was His fight for the world against the Jewish poison."

If a picture is worth 1000 words...

http://anticlerical.multiply.com/photos/album...

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2012

Brian_G wrote:
Leftism is destroying authority.
Actually, that would be ignorant people who don't understand the US Constitution, like yourself.

Feel free to cite a compelling state interest served by denying same sex couples equal protection of the law to marry, which would render such a restriction constitutional.I don't think you are capable of doing so.
Wondering

Dunstable, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2012

lides wrote:
Feel free to cite a compelling state interest served by denying same sex couples equal protection of the law to marry, which would render such a restriction constitutional.I don't think you are capable of doing so.
Feel free to list your credentials, those that show you are qualified to determine what is and what isn't consitutional.
I've been waiting for those. List your law schools, publications, years of professional practice, offices held, etc.
HATE

Hayfield, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2012

Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Feel free to list your credentials, those that show you are qualified to determine what is and what isn't consitutional.
I've been waiting for those. List your law schools, publications, years of professional practice, offices held, etc.
Why do you hate the constitution and freedom and equality??? I hear Iran would be a nation you would fit into good.

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2012

Wondering wrote:
Feel free to list your credentials, those that show you are qualified to determine what is and what isn't consitutional[sic].
Funny how, when you can't prove your own position, that you start calling into question the "credentials" of others.

I don't need to furnish you with anything. You certainly haven't furnished any of the rest of us with a rational foundation for your argument.

I am looking forward with great anticipation to your citation of a legitimate state interest served by denying same sex couples the right to marry.
Wondering

Dunstable, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2012

Judged:

lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny how, when you can't prove your own position, that you start calling into question the "credentials" of others.
I don't need to furnish you with anything. You certainly haven't furnished any of the rest of us with a rational foundation for your argument.
I am looking forward with great anticipation to your citation of a legitimate state interest served by denying same sex couples the right to marry.
Translation: You CAN'T furnish me with anything because you have nothing but your opinion. You have no credentials and you're talking out of your butt.

Amazing how you are so quick to dismiss lawyers, some justices and others when you don't qualify as a rank amature law enthusiast. Like I've said all along, your opinion is irrelevant. You sure do know how to make yourself look like a fool.
Wondering

Dunstable, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2012

HATE wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you hate the constitution and freedom and equality??? I hear Iran would be a nation you would fit into good.
Do you take stupid pills or were you just born that way?

Since: Jun 11

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2012

Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Traditional marriage in the US is the wedding one one man to one woman. It has always been this way.
You are redefining "traditional" to suit your needs, ignoring that marriage has changed in many significant ways over time. Yet even if there were such a thing as "traditional marriage", tradition alone is not a legitimate governmental interest sufficient for denial of equal rights.

"Tradition alone, however, cannot form an adequate justification for a law….The ‘ancient lineage” of a classification does not render it legitimate….Instead, the government must have an interest separate and apart from the fact of tradition itself.”(Golinski v.)

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2012

Wondering wrote:
Translation: You CAN'T furnish me with anything because you have nothing but your opinion. You have no credentials and you're talking out of your butt.
Amazing how you are so quick to dismiss lawyers, some justices and others when you don't qualify as a rank amature[sic] law enthusiast. Like I've said all along, your opinion is irrelevant. You sure do know how to make yourself look like a fool.
The truth of the matter is that I don't need to.

I do find it hysterical that you ask, or that you think that my "credentials" are relevant to this thread.

In reality, this just looks like another pathetic dodge because you can't rebut my arguments with a rational argument.
Wondering

Dunstable, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2012

lides wrote:
<quoted text>
And BTW, consitutional[sic].
I'll be happy to play that game with you. You are the worst I've seen. You even reply to the wrong people and leave out entire words. Pathetic, but not surprising. We'll play the (sic) game.
Wondering

Dunstable, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2012

lides wrote:
<quoted text>
The truth of the matter is that I don't need to.
I do find it hysterical that you ask, or that you think that my "credentials" are relevant to this thread.
The truth of the matter is you do if you want to be seen as someone with any credibility. You aren't.
If you want to play pretend judge your credentials are relevant.
What is hysterical is the fact that you have none and you've demonstrated that you can't understand basic concepts or the constitution. You are laughable.

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2012

Wondering wrote:
The truth of the matter is you do if you want to be seen as someone with any credibility. You aren't.
Wondering, it appears you are just trying to deflect attention from the fact that you have been utterly incapable to defend your argument.

My education is irrelevant to your inept inability to indicate a single legitimate state interest served by denying same sex couples the equal protection of the law to marry.

it's hysterical that, when you know you have been bested, that you try to change the topic. Most people would just walk away rather than pursue the topic further and illustrate just how irrational they really can be.
Wondering

Dunstable, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2012

lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Wondering, it appears you are just trying to deflect attention from the fact that you have been utterly incapable to defend your argument.
My education is irrelevant to your inept inability to indicate a single legitimate state interest served by denying same sex couples the equal protection of the law to marry.
it's hysterical that, when you know you have been bested, that you try to change the topic. Most people would just walk away rather than pursue the topic further and illustrate just how irrational they really can be.
All of the above nonsense is comical. People have posted solid reasons for keeping marriage between a man and a woman. You claim that they don't meet constitutional muster. To make such a claim you must have some credentials or you are voicing your worthless opinion. Which is it? I already know, no need to answer.

Bested? By you? BWAHAHAHAHA!
Wondering

Dunstable, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2012

lides wrote:
it's (sic) hysterical that, when you know you have been bested, that you try to change the topic.
The famous lides cop-out, I love it. No one is changing the topic. Simple question, what special legal training and experience do you have that qualifies you to judge the comments of others as to their constitutionality? Just come right out and say you have none, zero, zip.

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2012

Wondering wrote:
All of the above nonsense is comical. People have posted solid reasons for keeping marriage between a man and a woman.
None that they could rationally defend. Feel free to indicate one, I'll be all to happy to point out the holes in your logic again.
Wondering wrote:
You claim that they don't meet constitutional muster. To make such a claim you must have some credentials or you are voicing your worthless opinion. Which is it? I already know, no need to answer.
Bested? By you? BWAHAHAHAHA!
What part of the following do you have difficulty understanding?
"All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws." US Constitution, 14th Amendment, Section 1

One need not have credentials as a constitutional scholar to have basic reading comprehension.

Can you indicate a compelling state interest served by denying same sex couples equal protection of the law to marry?

Can you indicate anywhere in the constitution where the federal government is delegated the authority to regulate marriage that would make the DOMA constitutional?

Do you enjoy making yourself look like a fool?

“Liberal Teachers ruin Kids”

Since: Mar 09

Paradise Valley Arizona

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2012

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Leftism is destroying authority.
Obamaism is destroying all young people and this country.

End this error Nov 2012

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••