150 Best Selling Artists in the World!

Dec 6, 2008 Full story: talk.livedaily.com 12,812

This is a list of the top 150 worldwide best-selling music artists of all time. The measure is the total number of singles and albums sold world-widep, this info comes from the IFIP at the end of 2007. Michael Jackson is #2 with 350 million sold.

Full Story

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#5747 May 11, 2011
Pop Tart- wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, I've never heard of them before. Let's see if I can find it on youtube...
http://youtu.be/Boz9JV5VsG8
Is it this one? it sounds really tinny! Lol! I like that song, though, done by many different artists.
Here's a better take.

“Just havin' a little fun!”

Since: Apr 10

Hollywood, CA

#5748 May 11, 2011
Bubba wrote:
<quoted text>Hi Pop Tart yep just like my Mom she loved Elvis and Michael Landon [Little Joe Cartwright].Elvis was no doubt a ladies man and a handsome brute of a man.His wife is still hot but I don't much care for his daughter Lisa.She looks like him in her eyes anyway.
Lisa does look a lot like Elvis, doesn't she? She's very pretty, like her mother. I liked Priscilla in those silly 'Airplane' movies....ha ha!

Oh yeah, Bonanza! Of course, Little Joe was the fave for all the girls! Unlike Hoss, who however did have a good, kind heart! That was a good showt!:)

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#5749 May 11, 2011
Pop Tart- wrote:
<quoted text>
Billy, your Dad must have SOME collection!!! Very cool! I remember you saying that he had a really awesome sound system as well!
It's his hobby. He loves doing it and goes all over the country collecting and meeting people. He has thousands of records from various genres. He knows a lot of the old guys from the San Francisco scene of the 60s. He has a great love for all of it. I appreciate his love and have been influenced a great deal with the same interests in music.

“Just havin' a little fun!”

Since: Apr 10

Hollywood, CA

#5750 May 11, 2011
BillyDaKid09 wrote:
<quoted text>Here's a better take.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =x7UORh-0XwEXX
Oh yeah, thanks, that is much better! That song rocks! It goes on forever! Very cool! So this apparently was the only popular hit they had? What happened to them, I wonder?

“Just havin' a little fun!”

Since: Apr 10

Hollywood, CA

#5751 May 11, 2011
BillyDaKid09 wrote:
<quoted text>It's his hobby. He loves doing it and goes all over the country collecting and meeting people. He has thousands of records from various genres. He knows a lot of the old guys from the San Francisco scene of the 60s. He has a great love for all of it. I appreciate his love and have been influenced a great deal with the same interests in music.
Yes, I would agree that you also appreciate music and know a lot about it - thanks to your Dad! That would be such a fun hobby going all over the country collecting music, especially rare music. He sounds like a very cool dude! He would be so interesting to sit down with for an afternoon of music and sharing info.

It sounds like Octo has a pretty vast collection as well. That's worth some money! My oldest sister loved the Beatles - she has every album they ever made. She also belonged to the fan club, so she has tons of memorabilia, too!

“GOOD LUCK.”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#5752 May 11, 2011
BillyDaKid09 wrote:
<quoted text>It's his hobby. He loves doing it and goes all over the country collecting and meeting people. He has thousands of records from various genres. He knows a lot of the old guys from the San Francisco scene of the 60s. He has a great love for all of it. I appreciate his love and have been influenced a great deal with the same interests in music.
Listening to music makes feel good that all of us belong together while listening on it.Gives energy and inspiration with us.

“Just havin' a little fun!”

Since: Apr 10

Hollywood, CA

#5753 May 11, 2011
Bubba wrote:
<quoted text>I'd like to hear that so would AWC he is big Beatle fan like me especially rare stuff like you have mentioned.
Where is AWC tonight? You should bring him over here!:)

“Just havin' a little fun!”

Since: Apr 10

Hollywood, CA

#5754 May 11, 2011
Bubba wrote:
<quoted text>Heart are from Seattle not Canada.They live around Seattle also.They have a new album and a new band they used to do a band called Lovemongers as a side project.
Oh I always thought they were from Canada, too. I lived in Tacoma for a while. I didn't know about Lovemongers.

“Just havin' a little fun!”

Since: Apr 10

Hollywood, CA

#5755 May 11, 2011
cecille from japan wrote:
<quoted text> Listening to music makes feel good that all of us belong together while listening on it.Gives energy and inspiration with us.
So true, Cecille - it does! If I'm in a bad mood, I can put on some music and be smiling again!

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#5756 May 11, 2011
Pop Tart- wrote:
<quoted text>
So true, Cecille - it does! If I'm in a bad mood, I can put on some music and be smiling again!
Great music feeds the soul. I have been listening to Chris Rea a lot lately. He has a deep rich voice.

“Just havin' a little fun!”

Since: Apr 10

Hollywood, CA

#5757 May 11, 2011
BillyDaKid09 wrote:
<quoted text>Great music feeds the soul. I have been listening to Chris Rea a lot lately. He has a deep rich voice.
I like his guitar-playing, too! Road to Hell is a good song! Which is your favorite?
Bubba

Everett, WA

#5758 May 11, 2011
Pop Tart- wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yeah, thanks, that is much better! That song rocks! It goes on forever! Very cool! So this apparently was the only popular hit they had? What happened to them, I wonder?
Maybe that got replaced by pony Express.LOL
Bubba

Everett, WA

#5759 May 11, 2011
Pop Tart- wrote:
<quoted text>
Where is AWC tonight? You should bring him over here!:)
He might be at Bubba's bar and Grill on the Paul Mccartney forum I'll check and see.
Bubba

Everett, WA

#5760 May 11, 2011
Pop Tart- wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh I always thought they were from Canada, too. I lived in Tacoma for a while. I didn't know about Lovemongers.
Lovemongers was the other band they did some shows but more scaled down from hEART.I ENJOY THEM EITHER WAY.

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#5761 May 12, 2011
Pop Tart- wrote:
<quoted text>
I like his guitar-playing, too! Road to Hell is a good song! Which is your favorite?
Road To Hell, On The Beach, Josephine.

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#5762 May 12, 2011
Pop Tart- wrote:
<quoted text>
I like his guitar-playing, too! Road to Hell is a good song! Which is your favorite?
"Looking For The Summer" is excellent.

awc

“Pepperland”

Since: Dec 06

Pepperland

#5763 May 12, 2011
Bubba wrote:
<quoted text>He might be at Bubba's bar and Grill on the Paul Mccartney forum I'll check and see.
Hey Bubba.
My dad has an Elvis Presley Sun Records 78 of Baby Let's play house, it's wrapped up in plastic, it's only been played a couple of times.
Read the cool Beatle's bootleg list, does sound very cool, the song "Can you take me back" was tagged on the end of "Cry Baby Cry" on the Beatles White Album in 68, but very possible could have been tried again during the Let it Be or Abbey Road sessions, I wish it would have been a full length song.
It lasts about 20 seconds, but I've heard a 2 minute version on Youtube.
Bubba

Everett, WA

#5764 May 12, 2011
awc wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Bubba.
My dad has an Elvis Presley Sun Records 78 of Baby Let's play house, it's wrapped up in plastic, it's only been played a couple of times.
Read the cool Beatle's bootleg list, does sound very cool, the song "Can you take me back" was tagged on the end of "Cry Baby Cry" on the Beatles White Album in 68, but very possible could have been tried again during the Let it Be or Abbey Road sessions, I wish it would have been a full length song.
It lasts about 20 seconds, but I've heard a 2 minute version on Youtube.
You tube is amazing.I am always surprised at what you can find on you-tube.I saw some videos of Les Paul and Mary Ford that had to be made about 1949 I think.
goodperson

Timisoara, Romania

#5765 May 13, 2011
bogdana- wrote:
<quoted text>
No. You are only say this because it is the truth that Michael Jackson is not the greatest selling pop artist of the all time. That is Elvis Presley and The Beatles. Why you calling me stupid for say the truth, cheekygirl?
what truth? YOUR truth?
goodperson

Timisoara, Romania

#5766 May 13, 2011
bogdana- wrote:
<quoted text>
No. You are only say this because it is the truth that Michael Jackson is not the greatest selling pop artist of the all time. That is Elvis Presley and The Beatles.?
OMG! Elvis, a POP artist?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Michael Jackson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Common Behaviour in Victims Becoming More Evident 11 min Pishpash1234 22
Wacko photoshoot, circa 1993 1 hr Jermaine 7 39
If Michael Jackson was standing in front of you... 1 hr Jermaine 7 230
all fans we need to support our tribute artist 1 hr Stormageddon 32
Xavier Smith: The legendary Thriller turns 31 1 hr Jermaine 7 19
Young Man Believes Music Can Heal The World 1 hr Jermaine 7 125
Michael Jackson Estate Renews with BMI 2 hr An NFL Fan 2
Are MJ Fans Worried? 7 hr An NFL Fan 81
Michael Jackson's Earth Song Is Top Brits Perfo... 10 hr Jina Wild_ 10
More from around the web