German exhibit examines Nazi relationship to Bach and Mendelsso...

Full story: The Morning Call

Richard Wagner is the classical composer most associated with the Nazis , but it was Johann Sebastian Bach whom the party dubbed "the most German of Germans" and whose music was played at rallies to stir up nationalist zeal.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 4 of4
Paul Ehrlich

Plymouth, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2009

Judged:

Astounding information.

I also understand that Hitler liked German Shepherds and ate celery and lettuce. They should be banned also.
tanzen

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2009

Judged:

Guten Tag, hop-clop
tanzen

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2009

Judged:

Paul Ehrlich wrote:
Astounding information.
I also understand that Hitler liked German Shepherds and ate celery and lettuce. They should be banned also.
Paul, Paul, Paul,

I don't think sHitler used German Shepherds, celery, or lettuce to stir up the German nationalism of the people.

Maybe you need to reread the article and outline it. Look up the big words. Underline the new words you've learned. That might help you focus on the thrust of the article.
anon

Greece

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2009

tanzen wrote:
<quoted text>
Paul, Paul, Paul,
I don't think sHitler used German Shepherds, celery, or lettuce to stir up the German nationalism of the people.
Maybe you need to reread the article and outline it. Look up the big words. Underline the new words you've learned. That might help you focus on the thrust of the article.
Then perhaps Bach should be banned according to the article 'thrust and your pitiful sarcasm?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 4 of4
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Mendelssohn Discussions

Search the Mendelssohn Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Mendelssohn Oratorio: 'Elijah' rises again in song (Apr '13) Apr '13 God Extortion 1
Joshua Bell deftly juggles repertoire, celebrity (Jan '12) Jan '12 Tran 1
Classical trio hopes to start new Paradigm in P... (Nov '11) Nov '11 Viola 1
Sing, and They Will Come (Dec '10) Dec '10 Mr_Bill 1
Review: Works of young Mendelssohn and Schnittk... (Nov '10) Nov '10 Jack Doff 2
Preview: Ballet version of 'A Midsummer Night's... (May '10) May '10 Paradise Mom 3
Many Voices on the Road to Damascus (May '10) May '10 bible scholar 2
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••