Steve Perry answers the South Detroit question from Journey's 'Don't Stop Believin''

Jan 11, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: MLive.com

Reached at home in San Diego, former Journey frontman Steve Perry admitted for the first time that he totally made up the geographic locale of "South Detroit." The world's all-time most-downloaded mp3 has inspired confusion in the hearts of Detroiters since being released in 1981.

Comments
1 - 3 of 3 Comments Last updated Jan 13, 2012
Buttlip Johnny

Howell, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2012

He was talking about Downriver communities that are hard working blue collar. The mood he caught was not ghetto so thats what confuses the Detroiters. South of Detroit is what he meant, but doesnt want to embarrass the fools that shovel million after million into a dead skeleten of a city.
Mike

Eastpointe, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2012

Artistic expression. Most music lyrics don't make sense.
Old Wyandotte Punk

Methuen, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2012

I always thought South Detroit is next to Delray. That mucky strip along W. Jefferson over the bridge where Dexter Bar and Scott Paper was in and beyond. Or should it be called southside of Detroit. I remember hanging in that area when I was a kid. The area was a little more civilized then.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Journey Discussions

Search the Journey Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Steve Perry on Journey's Arnel Pineda: 'He's Th... Jun '14 Carolyn Crocker 1
Jeremey Hunsicker Different Guy Same Ol Sound (Jul '08) Jun '14 Bill Donivan 4
AWOLNATION Says Next Album Will Feature Collabo... (Dec '13) Jan '14 Purplerose67 Anna NJ 2
Residents irritated by Journey guitarist's SF w... (Dec '13) Dec '13 fammy 1
Journey drummer urges fans to not stop believin... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Murray Joke 2
PBS doc looks at Journey's lead singer search (Aug '13) Aug '13 Lynnbelcher 4
Journey singer leaves band (Oct '06) Jul '13 Marlene 30
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••