Actor Jason Patric sues APD

Full story: News8austin.com

The 'Alamo' actor accuses an police of violating his civil rights by using excessive force and falsely imprisoning him in March 2004.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 3 of3
Joyce

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2006

I don't know much about Jason Patric but I do know that Police officers like to be macho and push people around..and I can only imagine what their attitudes are towards a celbrity....I like him and hope this all works out for him...
Sandy

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2006

Jason was right in suing this officer! It has come out that the officer lied and labeled a disgrace to the APD.It was for another incident, but it shows this cop is out of control!! I know Jason was not happy about it!!!
Steve

Austin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2012

I know the whole story from the Dudley and Bob radio show in Austin. The bottom line is that he was assaulted and should sue.
When you don't precicely follow orders of an APD officer, they can simply tackle you, punch you, and break limbs until you verbally agree to their orders. That's what happened to Jason.
An officer barked at him while he was standing in an empty street with some friends in the early morning. No one likes to be rudely yelled at out of the blue. He was told to get on the sidewalk, but he walked up to the curb only an inch or two from the sidewalk, clearly out of the way of any traffic which was nonexistant at the time.
That wasn't good enough for the APD which barked at him again. After the second command, he stood his ground on the curb. At that point the officers simply tackled him, beat him and cuffed him. Tackling and beating someone is assault. It isn't resisting arrest.
He was not intoxicated and the officers made no effort to prove he was intoxicated. So it was false arrest and false imprisonment.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 3 of3
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Jason Patric Discussions

Search the Jason Patric Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Actor's custody case sparks parental-rights fight (Aug '13) Aug '13 snyper 1
Jason Patric - nude ! (Aug '11) Aug '11 Babara 1
Movie filmed in S.C. set to debut at Tribeca Fi... (Apr '06) Feb '09 Carrie Cohen 3
'Walker Payne' makes its debut; director talks ... (Sep '06) Sep '07 steve harper 3
Stars out in Regina (Feb '07) Feb '07 where 1
Jason Patric Mar '06 Sandy 2
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••