Burt Bacharach, Doris Day earn lifetime Grammys

Dec 19, 2007 Full story: The New Zealand Herald 11

Songwriter Burt Bacharach, singer/actress Doris Day and rock group The Band will receive Grammy Awards for lifetime achievement in February, organizers have announced. via The New Zealand Herald

Full Story
Lucie Brazeau

Ottawa, Canada

#1 Dec 20, 2007
Finally Doris gets her DAY. Enough already of Frank, Ella, Nat and Tony. Because Doris is beautiful, blond and her image is squeaky clean does not deter the fact that her voice is one of the most Beautiful ever recorded. WHAT A SINGER, WHAT A VOICE and WHAT A LADY!! Yep, you've guessed it, I love DORIS.
gazm56

Germany

#2 Jan 1, 2008
I'm with you, Lucie! She's one of the best female singers ever! That's why I feature on my radio shows on Easy Time Radio.

www.easytimeradio.co.uk
otto

India

#3 Jan 1, 2008
yeah..lucie,, i'm with you too doris is the one.
great singer and i love her films..tops

http://groovesofdelight.blogspot.com
Lucie Brazeau

Ottawa, Canada

#4 Jan 4, 2008
Hooray for you at Easy Time Radio. Looked at your Website. Great loooking. I, however, think Doris' name should be posted along Jack Jones, Frank etc. Important to keep her name out there.
Mike DeVita

Baltimore, MD

#5 Jan 16, 2008
The fact is: THERE IS NO BETTER SINGER. There never was. Every word, every syllable, distinct, coddled by a superb voice, and sung "just for me".
Everyone else is second,third, etc. DORIS DAY will never be surpassed.
Lucie Brazeau

Ottawa, Canada

#6 Jan 18, 2008
Mike you've said a mouthful. I have been listening to Doris for over 46 years. I keep in touch with her every year as well. When my father passed away last June, she sent me a handwritten note of encouragement. What an ANGEL. No wonder THE VOICE is angelic. She, because of us devoted admirers, is being hailed finally through the GRAMMIES this February, as the best Female singer with a lifetime achivement award for her musical body of work. FINALLY!!!!
GARY GOOKINS

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#7 Feb 11, 2008
Doris Day has always been a favorit of mine. She is bigger than life. No one could ever fill her shoes. Wish her the best of health and much happiness cause she's given so much happiness to others. BTW, missed the part on the grammys when she was on, anyone know how I can get it. Tried on the comp all day. Thanks, Gary
ALLEN POLLOCK

UK

#8 Feb 16, 2008
Doris is the greatest and has deserved this recognition for so long. Finally she has been honoured! Congratulations Doris!
LBJ

Santa Fe, NM

#9 Feb 28, 2008
I certainly agree with all of you. No one comes close to Doris Day. It is nice to see she has finally been given her due.
Richie

Santa Fe, NM

#10 Mar 1, 2008
A grammy for Doris Day! It should have happened years ago.
Carol King

Santa Fe, NM

#11 Mar 1, 2008
I saw the grammy award show. It was not as good as previous years. Both Burt Bacharach and Doris Day deserved to be honored for all they have contributed to world of music.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Earl Scruggs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Earl Scruggs dies (Mar '12) Jun '13 needs a tomstone 8
Bluegrass Awards remember Earl Scruggs, Doc Watson (Sep '12) Sep '12 downtheline 1
Brad Paisley - Country Stars Pay Tribute To Scr... (Mar '12) Mar '12 AAMech 1
When Jeremy's pickin', the audience is grinnin' (Dec '09) Mar '12 Steve Martin 5
Hittin' the Road With Flatt and Scruggs (Dec '11) Dec '11 Mack 1
Steve Martin Wins Bluegrass Award (Oct '11) Oct '11 Deo Vindice 1
Steve Martin showcases bluegrass artistry on 'R... (Mar '11) Mar '11 Lori 1
More from around the web