Sinbad, Warwick make list of Calif. tax evaders

Apr 9, 2009 Full story: Penticton Herald 9

California's budget deficit would shrink by nearly $5 million if singer Dionne Warwick and comedian Sinbad Adkins would pay their taxes.

Full Story
Irene

Menlo Park, CA

#1 Apr 9, 2009
the budget deficit did not happen because 2 of how many people have not paid their taxes! This is no ones fault but Arnold for spending our tax dollars on stuff we do not need like that stupid bear statue! get a clue! Just because they are famous does not make them the only people who owe taxes!
Enough

Moscow, Russia

#2 Apr 9, 2009
It would shrink 100 times that amount if our lawmakers would do their job and quit spending money we don't have...

Hard to believe that the press is trying to blame California's deficit on 2 entertainers

What I would ike to see are some voting records on spending bills....

Hey Guy's any chance of seeing that so we can make some informed decisions next time around...?
Tertle

Matteson, IL

#3 Apr 9, 2009
I'll bet they support taxing the rich, just the other rich. I smell cabinet posts for them.....
Opilio

Altoona, PA

#4 Apr 10, 2009
Enough wrote:
It would shrink 100 times that amount if our lawmakers would do their job and quit spending money we don't have...
Hard to believe that the press is trying to blame California's deficit on 2 entertainers
What I would ike to see are some voting records on spending bills....
Hey Guy's any chance of seeing that so we can make some informed decisions next time around...?

BINGO! Great insight. If everyone in the U.S. donated enough money to end Americas debt of some TRILLIONS, the next week we would be TRILLIONS in debt again. Because the privately owned bankers of the Federal Reserve banksters, will see to it.
No debt is Americas banksters worse fears. Which is why the economy is set up the way it is. To force us into debt. Which empowers the PRIVATLEY held Federal Reserve banks and all their subsidiaries. Being all banks globally.
SDDuude

Chula Vista, CA

#5 Apr 10, 2009
Irene wrote:
the budget deficit did not happen because 2 of how many people have not paid their taxes! This is no ones fault but Arnold for spending our tax dollars on stuff we do not need like that stupid bear statue! get a clue! Just because they are famous does not make them the only people who owe taxes!
I'm certainly not a Schwarzenegger supporter but, clearly the problem with the state is with uneducated voters.
Irene: Arnold bought the bear statue with his own money and donated to the state. The real problem are stupid liberal voters that vote for the same old tired tax and spend liberal lawmakers this state has had for 30 years. In our state constitution, 55% of all tax revenues goes to the schools which are now 50th out of 50 states in quality education. So who is wasting money?
Lastly, covering for any tax evaders just because they are proud liberals isn't a way to run a society or a state.
bizasuzul

Los Angeles, CA

#6 Apr 10, 2009
So COLLECT from them! And all the other thieves! Why write articles about it that just stress people more? GET OUR MONEY BACK and stop treating these people with kid gloves just because they are "famous"!
Hambone

Moscow, Russia

#7 Apr 11, 2009
SDDuude wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm certainly not a Schwarzenegger supporter but, clearly the problem with the state is with uneducated voters.
Irene: Arnold bought the bear statue with his own money and donated to the state. The real problem are stupid liberal voters that vote for the same old tired tax and spend liberal lawmakers this state has had for 30 years. In our state constitution, 55% of all tax revenues goes to the schools which are now 50th out of 50 states in quality education. So who is wasting money?
Lastly, covering for any tax evaders just because they are proud liberals isn't a way to run a society or a state.
That's really interestng aout the schools, How many of those students (especially down there in the southern part of CA) are illegal or their parents are..? How much Money is education using on them (that could be used on citizens) and why do you think they would be so far behind others..? Could it be because the generations of Mexico's education is dragging down California's Average..? How does California rate against the students of Mexico in Math, sciences, and languages..? Are California schools that bad now when you compare against them..?

When I went down there last summer and talked with some teachers, there drop out rate for high school was over 50%. When people move, they bring their culture with them.

Yes I agree 55% of Tax income is way to high to be spending on Teachers Unions and Top Heavy Administration Staff. Too much politics in schools and not enough action.

A voucher system will change that if you can ever get past the Millions of dollars the teacher's unions spend against it.
Opilio

Altoona, PA

#8 Apr 11, 2009
The dysfunctional and lying California government, is broke?

Please note the first sentence of the story>

"Americans Americans have access to higher education". Illegals are now refered to as "Americans".
http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/dpp/news/Calif_Gr...

Calif. Grants Illegals In-State Tuition

LOS ANGELES (MyFOX ATLANTA)- It has become difficult to make sure all Americans have access to higher education in these difficult times. That is part of the reason new laws in 10 states that could grant illegal immigrants in-state tuition has sparked controversy.

From coast to coast, states are struggling to, not only keep their institutions of higher education open, but also to provide financial help for students.

Ten states, not including Georgia, have laws granting undocumented immigrants access to in-state college tuition.

One of the states is California, where both sides of the issue are facing off in court.

At California campuses like UC Berkley or UCLA, illegal immigrants pay less than third of what Americans from other states do.

"They don't get the same break because they're not connected to the state of California," said Robert Rubin, of the Committee for Civil Rights.
Voted NO on Y and Z

Torrance, CA

#9 Apr 14, 2009
Call Obama... He'll hire or appoint you...

You two will fit perfectly within his administration...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dionne Warwick Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dionne Warwick nude (Jan '13) Jan '13 Filomena 1
I Will Always Love You (Feb '12) Mar '12 CaptainPeaceful 189
N.Y. leaders rally for Rep. Rangel (Aug '10) Aug '10 Audrey 9
Princess Mariella: A story of a beautiful girl ... (Nov '08) Jun '10 Katrina Sierra 14
Dionne Live @ Park West, Chicago 1980 (Jul '06) Apr '10 hdjimmyg 5
Singer Dionne Warwick says radio stations shoul... (Mar '10) Mar '10 Prof Marvel 81
Animal Services' Boks set to end colorful tenure (Jun '09) Jun '09 Ed Muzika 11
More from around the web