Did Andrew Lloyd Webber go to Italy?

Full story: Pasadena Star-News
It was, perhaps, a bit of a stretch. Despite the title, "Andrew Lloyd Webber Goes to Italy," there is no reliable evidence that the composer, called "the world's most successful composer for theater today" by the program, actually ventured south of, say, Brighton. Full Story
How DOES he keep his job

Baldwin Park, CA

#1 Jul 15, 2010
Oh ya, he OWNS the CalPhil.

Any real musician will notice that Vener is a hack within the first five minutes of rehearsal. To give him credit, he does know how to entertain the old ladies, he's so full of yada yada yada.

If I ever hear him yell at the orchestra again for not playing the way he wants (it's because he doesn't CONDUCT it the way he wants it), I'll scream!!!!!!!!!! I doubt anyone plays for him more than once, unless they're really desperate. I won't, because I'm not that desperate. THANK GOD!!!

Conducting 101: If you're not getting the sound you want, change your conducting! It means the musicians aren't getting it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bizet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
'Carmen Fixation': Berkeley West Edge Opera review (Mar '11) Mar '11 Hector Armienta 1
Opera singer returns to Townsend roots (Dec '10) Dec '10 deborahanne mayer 3
Chicago Opera Theater's 'Carmen' makes Bizet le... (May '09) May '09 sun young moon 1
Zandra Rhodes brings her designing eye to D.C. ... (Oct '08) Oct '08 Wilton Dillon 1
Tri-Cities stages George Bizet's 'Carmen' this ... (Sep '08) Sep '08 assole 1
Austin Lyric Opera: 'Carmen' glee-a (Jul '08) Jul '08 karmen 1
Review: The Pearl Fishers (Jan '08) Feb '08 Opera Fan 4

Bizet People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE