Panel rolls back green building codes

Full story: Alamogordo Daily News

A state commission voted Friday to repeal New Mexico's energy efficient building codes, becoming the second panel of gubernatorial appointees to move in as many days to roll back environmental initiatives that had been pushed by former Gov.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 8 of8
concerned citizen

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2011

Judged:

This is the right thing to do. The codes that richardson had put in place increased the cost of a house by fifteen percent when houses are already not affordable. Gov. Martinez is doing the right thing by repealing these codes and making us the same as every other state in the nation. I applaud her and the CIC commission for taking a stand and stopping this nonsense.
Bob the Builder

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2011

Judged:

concerned citizen wrote:
This is the right thing to do. The codes that richardson had put in place increased the cost of a house by fifteen percent when houses are already not affordable. Gov. Martinez is doing the right thing by repealing these codes and making us the same as every other state in the nation. I applaud her and the CIC commission for taking a stand and stopping this nonsense.
Not only that but green buildings can be hazardous to ones health
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/06/08/gr...

Since: Dec 08

Medina, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2011

Judged:

The enviornmentalists said it was bad "politics" to repeal these rules. How about bad for the economy? Bad for individuals trying to buy a home. The only thing "bad" about repealing this nonsence is that it helps to thwart the liberal agenda of more government control.

“Down in the Bayou”

Since: Apr 08

Vancleave Mississippi

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2011

Judged:

The "Martinez effect" continues....screw the environment, as long as big business donators get the breaks they need..right Martinez????
Radiator Springs

Rio Rancho, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2011

Bob the Builder wrote:
<quoted text>
Not only that but green buildings can be hazardous to ones health
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/06/08/gr...
There's alot of "mays" and coulds", sounds like they really didn't research it really well. Remember the Sun MAY not rise tomorrow, or a COULD win the lottery tomorrow doesn't make it so. I'll bet I'll see the Sun tomorrow and won't be any richer.

“Our nearest star”

Since: May 09

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2011

Judged:

Radiator Springs wrote:
<quoted text>
There's alot of "mays" and coulds", sounds like they really didn't research it really well. Remember the Sun MAY not rise tomorrow, or a COULD win the lottery tomorrow doesn't make it so. I'll bet I'll see the Sun tomorrow and won't be any richer.
When the Sun goes supernova, you'll only have 8 minutes to spend your riches.

“Each Thought Creates A Reality”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2011

Judged:

Daniel in Hobbs wrote:
The "Martinez effect" continues....screw the environment, as long as big business donators get the breaks they need..right Martinez????
And Richardson had no "big business" backing another regulated business? Include all the "retooling" costs, regulatory agencies, cost to the consumer and industries supplying the "green" building materials and you have an idea of what it means when you hear the phrase, "the more things change, the more they remain the same."
Fred

Cloudcroft, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2011

Judged:

Greenies need to get lost.....We need to take advantage of all our resource available......

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 8 of8
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••