Many blacks shrug off Obama's new view on gays

May 11, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Peninsula Clarion

ARDMORE, Pa. - Like many black Americans, Dorsey Jackson does not believe in gay marriage, but he wasn't disillusioned when Barack Obama became the first president to support it.

Comments
1,081 - 1,100 of 1,367 Comments Last updated Jul 1, 2012
Realist

Greensboro, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1146
Jun 10, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Cheyenne277 wrote:
<quoted text>
Right. All I know is after 7 years of Bush, unemployment started skyrocketing and the DOW lost half its value. All while Bush and McSame claimed "The Economy is fundamentally sound." If it was the Democrat Congress that destroyed the economy he would have been making that very clear. Enough said.
Nope, enough will never be said about the how and whys we are destroying our economy. Bush was at fault for not at least using the veto over expenditures. The Congress is at fault for voting in expenditures to insure re-election. Our Congress is completely devoid of anyone that understands economics.
An individual cannot spend more money than he has earned in the long term and neither can a nation.
Our govt. is totally out of control and we are heading toward the day when it will collapse.

Best you start stocking up on vegetable seeds and hoarding precious metals since the welfare state is coming to an end.
Realist

Greensboro, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1147
Jun 10, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

hi hi wrote:
In other words, by literal logic,
I won.
And it was so very, very easy.
So Hi hi, you are taking a victory dance because no one reads your verbose diatribe crap ? Give me a brake ! You are funny !

“Trolls are Clueless”

Since: Dec 07

Aptos, California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1149
Jun 10, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Realist wrote:
<quoted text>Nope, enough will never be said about the how and whys we are destroying our economy. Bush was at fault for not at least using the veto over expenditures. The Congress is at fault for voting in expenditures to insure re-election. Our Congress is completely devoid of anyone that understands economics.
An individual cannot spend more money than he has earned in the long term and neither can a nation.
Our govt. is totally out of control and we are heading toward the day when it will collapse.
Best you start stocking up on vegetable seeds and hoarding precious metals since the welfare state is coming to an end.
It is obvious you have no understanding of how macro-economics works. Our economic system depends on full exploitation of all resources to maintain economic growth. When it falls into a recession all growth ceases. Consumer confidence and spending plunges along with confidence in the stock market. The velocity of spending, exploitation, leveraging, and speculation are some of the driving factors. The only time government spending hinders growth is when government borrowing competes with the private sector to drive up interest rates. This has not occurred yet. Stock market speculation is vigorous. The two major restraining forces right now are energy and the housing market bubble burst. Now you and your tea-bag Republican cronies are advocating adding austerity measures to the mix of restraining forces. The bottom line is you are asking to plunge the already fragile economy back into a depression.

You must be kidding me.

Since: Oct 11

Beggs, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1150
Jun 10, 2012
 
Realist wrote:
<quoted text>Nope, enough will never be said about the how and whys we are destroying our economy. Bush was at fault for not at least using the veto over expenditures. The Congress is at fault for voting in expenditures to insure re-election. Our Congress is completely devoid of anyone that understands economics.
An individual cannot spend more money than he has earned in the long term and neither can a nation.
Our govt. is totally out of control and we are heading toward the day when it will collapse.
Best you start stocking up on vegetable seeds and hoarding precious metals since the welfare state is coming to an end.
Yeah it's a crap shoot for sure, but who got us in the crap shoot??? GW with his first TARP, being forced to after mismanaging the economy.
Realist

Greensboro, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1151
Jun 10, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

LuLu Ford wrote:
<quoted text>
It is obvious you have no understanding of how macro-economics works. Our economic system depends on full exploitation of all resources to maintain economic growth. When it falls into a recession all growth ceases. Consumer confidence and spending plunges along with confidence in the stock market. The velocity of spending, exploitation, leveraging, and speculation are some of the driving factors. The only time government spending hinders growth is when government borrowing competes with the private sector to drive up interest rates. This has not occurred yet. Stock market speculation is vigorous. The two major restraining forces right now are energy and the housing market bubble burst. Now you and your tea-bag Republican cronies are advocating adding austerity measures to the mix of restraining forces. The bottom line is you are asking to plunge the already fragile economy back into a depression.
You must be kidding me.
Sorry dude but you are the clueless one. In the United States where we live on borrowed money (which are non productive dollars). By inserting the borrowed money into the market place definitely drives up the price of limited goods and services. The INTEREST on the borrowed dollars eats up a big percent of revenue collected from the taxpayers so what is a liberal govt. congressman to do ? Increase taxes ? Cut spending ? Increase spending ? Give themselves a payraise ? Shut his eyes and throw at a dart board ? Deny that there is a problem ?

There is the problem ! There is not one soul in Washington that has any idea of cause and effect.

Debate this: There are more non-working than working in the market place in the United States today and no nation has ever survived with that ratio. Unless we cut govt. spending, cut taxes, and reduce rules and regulations that hamper businesses (force them offshore), we will have DETROIT CITIES all over the United States.

BTW, all liberals should relocate to Detroit and attempt to solve the problems they caused before destroying the entire U.S. economy.
Realist

Greensboro, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1152
Jun 10, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Cheyenne277 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah it's a crap shoot for sure, but who got us in the crap shoot??? GW with his first TARP, being forced to after mismanaging the economy.
There you go again, Yes, Bush signed the first TARP package (all 4 pages) which opened the door for the LIBERALS to expand it to over 400 pages. The American public KNEW it was a mistake but both political parties voted it in.
hi hi

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1153
Jun 10, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Realist wrote:
<quoted text>So Hi hi, you are taking a victory dance because no one reads your verbose diatribe crap ? Give me a brake ! You are funny !
OHHHHHH, iiiinteresting.

Suddenly,

by magic,

according to you,

*NO ONE* reads it, eh?

Suddenly, you've gone from claiming *YOU* don't read it to claiming *NO ONE* reads it.

I have been explicitly clear: I will post as I wish, whenever I want, wherever I want, and my posts are for:

whoever

should happen to read them.

My trust in your having *taken a survey* or monitored my posts for any view point -- in order to ensure that zero persons saw them, or read them -- is:

zero.

Not buyin' it.

Nnnnnnothing you say or do will change my behaving as I wish.

Suck it up, choke on it, and get over it.

This is not negotiable; this is not a conversation. I am not asking you but telling you.

Thanks.
hi hi

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1154
Jun 10, 2012
 
In the above post, "view point" should be "view count."

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1155
Jun 10, 2012
 
hi hi wrote:
<quoted text>His biggest problem is that he attempts to "control" others on the board. He attempts to manipulative conversations, domineer them with his own viewpoint, and *knowingly and deliberately* misstate context in attempts to make it appear that others "don't know" or "can't answer." He misses primarily that no one here is under any obligation to him.

In his last response to me, for the first time, I began to deconstruct what he is doing publicly. So long as I don't grow bored with his literally amoral behavior and shockingly public insecurities, I can do this for a very, very, very, very, very long time. Boredom always ends up being the problem.

I once decided to fight someone on here until they stopped. It lasted three months. I realized why most people don't bother. It's like you're feeding another person's witlessness and spinelessness -- according to my own psychological theory, because they feel themselves to be "nobodies" in real life, and so they seek attention online. That's my best guess, at any rate.
I would add that during the formative years, there may have been abuse.
hi hi

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1157
Jun 10, 2012
 
-0h-Really - wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, it's 2012, already. When are the gender-distressed going to come up with something other than "anyone who disagrees with homosexuality has "latent" tendancies"?
It's like a negro telling a white he's "jealous" of poor oppressed blacks.
That's not what pro-gay people are saying. They're saying the most *virulently OBSESSED* are usually latently gay.

Unfortunately for the antigay, news reports bear this out: They keep getting caught with their pants down,

over, and over, and over.

Hey, blame the media. They're obviously not making it up; they'd get sued. But when they call out the antigay, there's this weird, curious *SILENCE* followed by *BLANKET DENIAL*--

every. last. time.
Realist

Greensboro, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1158
Jun 10, 2012
 
hi hi wrote:
<quoted text>
OHHHHHH, iiiinteresting.
Suddenly,
by magic,
according to you,
*NO ONE* reads it, eh?
Suddenly, you've gone from claiming *YOU* don't read it to claiming *NO ONE* reads it.
I have been explicitly clear: I will post as I wish, whenever I want, wherever I want, and my posts are for:
whoever
should happen to read them.
My trust in your having *taken a survey* or monitored my posts for any view point -- in order to ensure that zero persons saw them, or read them -- is:
zero.
Not buyin' it.
Nnnnnnothing you say or do will change my behaving as I wish.
Suck it up, choke on it, and get over it.
This is not negotiable; this is not a conversation. I am not asking you but telling you.
Thanks.
You keep trying to interest me, but I'm very selective in what I read. Only someone that has posted something coherent and intelligent in the past grabs my attention.
I gave you two chances and you failed. No way will I read anything that has hi hi as the poster addressed to me, so you can simply save yourself some keyboard activity by ignoring me completely.

Since: Oct 11

Beggs, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1159
Jun 10, 2012
 
Realist wrote:
<quoted text>There you go again, Yes, Bush signed the first TARP package (all 4 pages) which opened the door for the LIBERALS to expand it to over 400 pages. The American public KNEW it was a mistake but both political parties voted it in.
It was 700 billion. Why are you comparing pages instead of dollars to the second TARP???
Realist

Greensboro, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1160
Jun 11, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Cheyenne277 wrote:
<quoted text>
It was 700 billion. Why are you comparing pages instead of dollars to the second TARP???
Because every page added increased the total cost of what is known as TARP 2. The libs had to enhance the program to get the extra cash and to debate other wise is folly.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1161
Jun 11, 2012
 

Judged:

2

If you think government is spending and regulating too much now, think if same sex couples had the right to infertility treatments, new marriage and divorce and custody law become gender blind and courts get to favor a mascot victim group.

Same sex marriage is harmful to everyone; not just bad for homosexuals.

Since: Aug 09

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1162
Jun 11, 2012
 
Cheyenne277 wrote:
<quoted text>
Right. All I know is after 7 years of Bush, unemployment started skyrocketing and the DOW lost half its value. All while Bush and McSame claimed "The Economy is fundamentally sound." If it was the Democrat Congress that destroyed the economy he would have been making that very clear. Enough said.
Well, the president of the Republic of Jupiter ghas told the entire universe that the economy on the republic of the Moon is doing "fine"

"The economy is doing fine": http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Since: Aug 09

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1163
Jun 11, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Cheyenne277 wrote:
<quoted text>
Please educate yourself by reading ANY book titled "Human $exuality" by ANY author.
I do not need to read any such garbage. I have five grandchildren. So, obviusly I know all I need to know just like every other intelligent and not so intelligent warm blooded animal in the history of animals know about sexuality.

Since: Aug 09

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1164
Jun 11, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Realist wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry dude but you are the clueless one. In the United States where we live on borrowed money (which are non productive dollars). By inserting the borrowed money into the market place definitely drives up the price of limited goods and services. The INTEREST on the borrowed dollars eats up a big percent of revenue collected from the taxpayers so what is a liberal govt. congressman to do ? Increase taxes ? Cut spending ? Increase spending ? Give themselves a payraise ? Shut his eyes and throw at a dart board ? Deny that there is a problem ?
There is the problem ! There is not one soul in Washington that has any idea of cause and effect.
Debate this: There are more non-working than working in the market place in the United States today and no nation has ever survived with that ratio. Unless we cut govt. spending, cut taxes, and reduce rules and regulations that hamper businesses (force them offshore), we will have DETROIT CITIES all over the United States.
BTW, all liberals should relocate to Detroit and attempt to solve the problems they caused before destroying the entire U.S. economy.
I do not agree with your economic theories. But, I do agree with your political theory that all liberals should be located off shore.

“Obsidian Princess”

Since: Sep 09

louisiana

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1165
Jun 11, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Brian_G wrote:
If you think government is spending and regulating too much now, think if same sex couples had the right to infertility treatments, new marriage and divorce and custody law become gender blind and courts get to favor a mascot victim group.
Same sex marriage is harmful to everyone; not just bad for homosexuals.
please pray tell how same sex marriage is harmful to me, a heterosexual woman?

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1166
Jun 12, 2012
 

Judged:

3

1

1

Don't be selfish! What if same sex marriage is only harmful to homosexuals, would that make it OK with dragonpat?

“Yes WE Can! Yes we Will!”

Since: Jul 07

Baltimore, Md.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1167
Jun 12, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Abdurratln wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not agree with your economic theories. But, I do agree with your political theory that all liberals should be located off shore.
I think all reactionaries should be located in a psychiatric ward.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••