Full house expected as Obama comes to Richmond today

May 5, 2012 Full story: Richmond Times-Dispatch 27

Before his address the president is expected to address any overflow crowd via a video wall that has been set up at Broad and Ryland streets.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Feb 10

Richmond, VA

#1 May 6, 2012
Not the case in Ohio.

http://twitter.com/ #!/RyanGOP/status/198825335670 833152/photo/1

LOL Not even close to the "overflow" crows they claimed would turn out!

Since: Jul 07

Newport News, VA

#2 May 6, 2012
gee, i wonder if the president will be discussing his record over the past three years???
Sunshine

Waldorf, MD

#3 May 6, 2012
GoodNewz wrote:
gee, i wonder if the president will be discussing his record over the past three years???
obama will talk about: 1. What a tough life he had; 2. Killing Bin Laden; 3. Blame the previous administration for all of his failings.
june

Maringouin, LA

#4 May 6, 2012
it seems some of our youth is as dumb as some of the public when it comes to believing obama?they refuse to see videos of him promising things he lied about!those that have seen his lies on tape ignore this?you cant teach stupid?
new hammer time

Richmond, VA

#5 May 7, 2012
va_tazdad wrote:
Not the case in Ohio.
http://twitter.com/ #!/RyanGOP/status/198825335670 833152/photo/1
LOL Not even close to the "overflow" crows they claimed would turn out!
Its ok, Ohio is set to be vacated by the masses. Matter of fact, they have already started to move from that junk pile State. Their season of prosperity has ended.
new hammer time

Richmond, VA

#6 May 7, 2012
GoodNewz wrote:
gee, i wonder if the president will be discussing his record over the past three years???
He'll be discussing Mitts dismal record over the last 30yrs. Ha ha ha!!!
new hammer time

Richmond, VA

#7 May 7, 2012
Sunshine wrote:
<quoted text> obama will talk about: 1. What a tough life he had; 2. Killing Bin Laden; 3. Blame the previous administration for all of his failings.
Maybe he should add in Mitts "no military" (avoid the draft experience).
new hammer time

Richmond, VA

#8 May 7, 2012
june wrote:
it seems some of our youth is as dumb as some of the public when it comes to believing obama?they refuse to see videos of him promising things he lied about!those that have seen his lies on tape ignore this?you cant teach stupid?
Maybe they are smart enough not to feed into those FOX lies.
FOX, the little engine that sputtered.
newporkrhine

Monroe, VA

#9 May 7, 2012
new hammer time wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe they are smart enough not to feed into those FOX lies.
FOX, the little engine that sputtered.
obumma, the little niggy that couldnt......
newporkrhine

Monroe, VA

#10 May 7, 2012
newporkrhine wrote:
<quoted text>obumma, the little niggy that couldnt......
Shame he was only half white, He only had half a chance to be intelligent!
American Lady

Danville, KY

#11 May 7, 2012
The Importance of Being “Natural Born”
by Rob Natelson

The Constitution’s Framers thought deeply about the qualifications for federal office. Those qualifications are in the Constitution for very good reasons. Despite some of the snarky commentary you hear on the subject, it has been entirely appropriate to insist that Barack Obama—or any other candidate for federal office—provide proof that he meets the constitutional requirements for that office.

Indeed, the real discussion over the President’s birth certificate should not be the sanity of the questioners, but the reasons the President didn’t produce his birth certificate long ago, just as you or I would have done.

Among the values the Founders thought central to good republican government was what they called “sympathy” or “fellow-feeling.” The basic idea was that government was a public trust, so lawmakers and officials should feel an identity of interest, rather than a conflict of interest, with the citizenry they served.

Accordingly, the Constitution mandates that to serve in the House of Representatives a person (1) be at least 25 years old,(2) be a citizen of the United States,(3) have held citizenship for at least seven years, and (4) live at the time of election in the state he is representing. The last three requirements all were designed to ensure sympathy with those he was to serve. U.S. Const., I-2-2. The age requirement was designed to promote both sympathy and maturity.

The importance of sympathy grew as the importance of the office grew. Thus, Senators must meet more demanding requirements: the minimum age is 30 rather than 25, and the period of citizenship is nine rather than seven years. U.S. Const., I–3-3.

A subject was natural born if he was born in Britain or a British territory or, if born abroad, his father was at the time a loyal subject not engaged in treasonous or felonious activities.

Although the American Founders did not require natural-born status for Congress, they did insist that the President have that status. They also imposed a residency requirement of 14 years and a minimum age of 35. U.S. Const. II-1-5.
The Original Constitution

... Since the American President would largely control foreign policy, it was—and is—uniquely important that he be natural born and have long residence in the U.S. before taking office.

http://tenthamendmentcenter.com/2011/04/29/th ...
American Lady

Danville, KY

#12 May 7, 2012
Part I
The American Revolution was a battle against the philosphophy of John Locke.
Emmerich de Vattel's The Law of Nations was key in framing the United States
as the world's first constitutional republic.

http://www.schillerinstitute.org/fid_97-01/97 ...

VatteL
BQQK I
CH 19
Section 212-214

§ 211. What is our country.
THE whole of the countries possessed by a nation and subject to its laws, forms, as we have already said, its territory, and is the common country of all the individuals of the nation. We have been obliged to anticipate the definition of the term, native country (§ 122), because our subject led us to treat of the love of our country — a virtue so excellent and so necessary in a state. Supposing, then, this definition already known, it remains that we should explain several things that have a relation to this subject, and answer the questions that naturally arise from it.
§ 212. Citizens and natives.
The citizens are the members of the civil society; bound to this society by certain duties, and subject to its authority, they equally participate in its advantages. The natives, or natural-born citizens, are those born in the country, of parents who are citizens. As the society cannot exist and perpetuate itself otherwise than by the children of the citizens, those children naturally follow the condition of their fathers, and succeed to all their rights. The society is supposed to desire this, in consequence of what it owes to its own preservation; and it is presumed, as matter of course, that each citizen, on entering into society, reserves to his children the right of becoming members of it. The country of the fathers is therefore that of the children; and these become true citizens merely by their tacit consent. We shall soon see whether, on their coming to the years of discretion, they may renounce their right, and what they owe to the society in which they were born. I say, that, in order to be of the country, it is necessary that a person be born of a father(Obama's was KENYAN) who is a citizen; for, if he is born there of a foreigner, it will be only the place of his birth, and not his country.

http://constitution.org/vattel/vattel_01.htm
American Lady

Danville, KY

#13 May 7, 2012
- Lightning
&fe ature=related
new hammer time

Richmond, VA

#14 May 8, 2012
newporkrhine wrote:
<quoted text>obumma, the little niggy that couldnt......
He's the POTUS, and what are you. Little neo-nazi pink pannie wearer.
new hammer time

Richmond, VA

#15 May 8, 2012
newporkrhine wrote:
<quoted text>Shame he was only half white, He only had half a chance to be intelligent!
I see!!!!!!!!!!just the same he is the POTUS. Handicaps like you never become the President of the United States.
Hello and say goodbye to Mitt.
new hammer time

Richmond, VA

#16 May 8, 2012
American Lady wrote:
The Importance of Being “Natural Born”
by Rob Natelson
The Constitution’s Framers thought deeply about the qualifications for federal office. Those qualifications are in the Constitution for very good reasons. Despite some of the snarky commentary you hear on the subject, it has been entirely appropriate to insist that Barack Obama—or any other candidate for federal office—provide proof that he meets the constitutional requirements for that office.
Indeed, the real discussion over the President’s birth certificate should not be the sanity of the questioners, but the reasons the President didn’t produce his birth certificate long ago, just as you or I would have done.
Among the values the Founders thought central to good republican government was what they called “sympathy” or “fellow-feeling.” The basic idea was that government was a public trust, so lawmakers and officials should feel an identity of interest, rather than a conflict of interest, with the citizenry they served.
Accordingly, the Constitution mandates that to serve in the House of Representatives a person (1) be at least 25 years old,(2) be a citizen of the United States,(3) have held citizenship for at least seven years, and (4) live at the time of election in the state he is representing. The last three requirements all were designed to ensure sympathy with those he was to serve. U.S. Const., I-2-2. The age requirement was designed to promote both sympathy and maturity.
The importance of sympathy grew as the importance of the office grew. Thus, Senators must meet more demanding requirements: the minimum age is 30 rather than 25, and the period of citizenship is nine rather than seven years. U.S. Const., I–3-3.
A subject was natural born if he was born in Britain or a British territory or, if born abroad, his father was at the time a loyal subject not engaged in treasonous or felonious activities.
Although the American Founders did not require natural-born status for Congress, they did insist that the President have that status. They also imposed a residency requirement of 14 years and a minimum age of 35. U.S. Const. II-1-5.
The Original Constitution
... Since the American President would largely control foreign policy, it was—and is—uniquely important that he be natural born and have long residence in the U.S. before taking office.
http://tenthamendmentcenter.com/2011/04/29/th ...
How would this fit on a gigantic Billboard and who would pay attention to such rubbish?????? President Obama is President and will be President for 4 more years. Cry us a river of tears, not even the SCOTUS dare to touch this. Stay home on electiion day ms Oily Olive Tate.
new hammer time

Richmond, VA

#17 May 8, 2012
American Lady wrote:
Part I
The American Revolution was a battle against the philosphophy of John Locke.
Emmerich de Vattel's The Law of Nations was key in framing the United States
as the world's first constitutional republic.
http://www.schillerinstitute.org/fid_97-01/97 ...
VatteL
BQQK I
CH 19
Section 212-214
§ 211. What is our country.
THE whole of the countries possessed by a nation and subject to its laws, forms, as we have already said, its territory, and is the common country of all the individuals of the nation. We have been obliged to anticipate the definition of the term, native country (§ 122), because our subject led us to treat of the love of our country — a virtue so excellent and so necessary in a state. Supposing, then, this definition already known, it remains that we should explain several things that have a relation to this subject, and answer the questions that naturally arise from it.
§ 212. Citizens and natives.
The citizens are the members of the civil society; bound to this society by certain duties, and subject to its authority, they equally participate in its advantages. The natives, or natural-born citizens, are those born in the country, of parents who are citizens. As the society cannot exist and perpetuate itself otherwise than by the children of the citizens, those children naturally follow the condition of their fathers, and succeed to all their rights. The society is supposed to desire this, in consequence of what it owes to its own preservation; and it is presumed, as matter of course, that each citizen, on entering into society, reserves to his children the right of becoming members of it. The country of the fathers is therefore that of the children; and these become true citizens merely by their tacit consent. We shall soon see whether, on their coming to the years of discretion, they may renounce their right, and what they owe to the society in which they were born. I say, that, in order to be of the country, it is necessary that a person be born of a father(Obama's was KENYAN) who is a citizen; for, if he is born there of a foreigner, it will be only the place of his birth, and not his country.
http://constitution.org/vattel/vattel_01.htm
Stay home on election day, your thoughts are like someone scratching a chalkboard.
new hammer time

Richmond, VA

#18 May 8, 2012
American Lady wrote:
- Lightning
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =WZ5MSWOFBU4XX&feature=rel ated
Thanks for showing us how your thoughts just fall to the ground.
In seconds your tormented mind ceases to be.

Since: Feb 10

Richmond, VA

#19 May 8, 2012
new hammer time wrote:
<quoted text>
He's the POTUS, and what are you. Little neo-nazi pink pannie wearer.
He's the POTUS, and what are you nothead?(Not counting being a criminal)

Besides the Resident Richmond Racist Moron?
new hammer time

Richmond, VA

#21 May 9, 2012
va_tazdad wrote:
<quoted text>
He's the POTUS, and what are you nothead?(Not counting being a criminal)
Besides the Resident Richmond Racist Moron?
I'm more than you'll ever be. I didn't get fired from the WH.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barack Obama Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 4 min red and right 293,230
Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate 5 min WasteWater 2,883
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 6 min OzRitz 49,229
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min Nostrilis Waxman 1,154,195
Ben Carson: Race Relations Have 'Gotten Worse' ... 12 min Aprilvue 732
Obama's plan: 'Deport felons, not families' 36 min xxxrayted 652
Obama: Racism, bias in US will take time to tackle 43 min spocko 306
More from around the web