Obama promises more than 600,000 stimulus jobs

Full story: Newsday 109,560
President Barack Obama promised Monday to deliver more than 600,000 jobs through his $787 billion stimulus plan this summer, with federal agencies pumping billions into public works projects, schools and summer youth programs. Full Story

“Forward - over the cliff!!”

Since: Jul 10

Soetoro, Kenya

#115919 Jun 18, 2012
Teddy R wrote:
<quoted text>
You're seriously arguing there is no liberal bias in the media?
Hilarious.
From Wiki:
In 2008, the Democratic Party received a total donation of $1,020,816, given by 1,160 employees of the three major broadcast television networks (NBC, CBS, ABC), while the Republican Party received only $142,863 via 193 donations.
In The Media Elite, a 1986 book co-authored by political scientists Robert Lichter, Stanley Rothman, and Linda Lichter, the authors surveyed journalists at national media outlets such as The New York Times, The Washington Post, and the broadcast networks. The survey found that most of these journalists were Democratic voters whose attitudes were well to the left of the general public on a variety of topics, including such hot-button social issues as abortion, affirmative action, and gay rights. Then they compared journalists' attitudes to their coverage of controversial issues such as the safety of nuclear power, school busing to promote racial integration, and the energy crisis of the 1970s. The authors concluded that journalists' coverage of controversial issues reflected their own attitudes, and the predominance of political liberals in newsrooms therefore pushed news coverage in a liberal direction. They presented this tilt as a mostly unconscious process of like-minded individuals projecting their shared assumptions onto their interpretations of reality.
In a 1997survey conducted by the American Society of Newspaper Editors, 61% of reporters stated that they were members of or shared the beliefs of the Democratic Party. Only 15% say their beliefs were best represented by the Republican Party.
A 2002 study by Jim A. Kuypers of Dartmouth College, Press Bias and Politics, investigated 116 mainstream US papers, including The New York Times, the Washington Post, Los Angeles Times, and the San Francisco Chronicle. Kuypers stated that the mainstream press in America tends to favor liberal viewpoints. They argued that reporters who they thought were expressing moderate or conservative points of view were often labeled as holding a minority point of view. Kuypers said he found liberal bias in reporting a variety of issues including race, welfare reform, environmental protection, and gun control.
A joint study by the Joan Shorenstein Center on Press, Politics and Public Policy at Harvard University and the Project for Excellence in Journalism found that viewers believe that liberal media bias can be found in television news by networks such as CNN. These findings concerning a perception of liberal bias in television news – particularly at CNN – are also reported by other sources.
You're dismissed.
Good stuff. The facts will, of course, be dismissed, in favor of the script that Axelrod prepares for his Stooge to read.
nac

Selden, NY

#115920 Jun 18, 2012
joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Just stick to pretending you're not a righty. You're better at it than pretending to be neutral or should I say libertarian?
And please don't get all self-righteous about Fast and Furious when you don't even know what it was about. K?
BTW, your fake indignation is a joke. The facts I postedare the FACTS, dimwit. You can't skew the simple facts. And if you think I did, show us how or stfu.
Haha, enlighten me as to what the blind followers think fast & furious was all about please. This should be good...

Soetoro, Kenya

#115921 Jun 18, 2012
Pfluger the Union Monkey wrote:
<quoted text>
Enlighten me. Post a reference to this 10% tax on gross which eliminates the non-profit exemption.
Having worked on hundreds of bond financings for tax exempt entities such as many hospitals, universities, museums, charitable foundations, I have never heard of this.
Give the reference. If I am wrong, I will admit it right here.
Unless I missed it, OK-B did not back up his fuzzy assertion about something about a 10% tax on gross income somehow pertaining to not-for-profit corporations.

Soetoro, Kenya

#115922 Jun 18, 2012
The Kenyan has reversed course now, and is trying to nail down the Hispanic vote, as Axelrod and his pollsters know the immigration issue is important to many Hispanic voters.

Obama's views on deportation have suddenly "evolved."

LMAO.

Axelrod views most of the American public like the OJ Simpson jury. The trick is to energize the idiots to vote.

Since: Aug 07

South Central Virginia

#115923 Jun 18, 2012
<quoted text>
Unless I missed it, OK-B did not back up his fuzzy assertion about something about a 10% tax on gross income somehow pertaining to not-for-profit corporations.
You missed it.
Teddy R

Mclean, VA

#115924 Jun 18, 2012
joe wrote:
<quoted text>
And please don't get all self-righteous about Fast and Furious when you don't even know what it was about. K?
Please don't get all self-righteous about Fast and Furious, joe. Obobo's traitorous USAG may be stonewalling proper Congressional inquiries in a despicable performance not seen since the days of John Mitchell and Nixon - but we know ALL about that treasonous boondoggle.

Don't even start with the "it started under Bush!" horsecrap. All that matters is the creature it was twisted into by the progressive ruling elitists of Axelrod and the Obobo Mob in their arrogant and treasonous attempt to end-run the Congress and gut the Constitutional rights of the American People.

On March 30, 2011, Obobo let slip the fact that he and his adminstration were working to rob Americans of their 2nd Amendment rights "under the radar:"

http://hotair.com/archives/2011/05/25/obama-w...

"The statement reinforces an article in the Huffington Post ...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/03/15/obam...

... describing how the administration is exploring ways to bypass Congress and enact gun control through executive action."

"The Department of Justice reportedly is holding meetings discussing the White House’s options for enacting regulations on its own or through adjoining agencies and departments.“Administration officials said talk of executive orders or agency action are among a host of options that President Barack Obama and his advisers are considering.“
That also matches up with Obama’s approach on … nearly everything, it seems. Regulatory adventurism has been a hallmark of every other Obama priority, whether it be health care, financial-services reform, labor policy, and now on gun control. When his agenda is too radical for Congress, Obama simply plans to bypass Congress and rule by decree."

Fast and Furious was just one of these too-clever-by-half under-the-radar attempts by the Obobons to concoct a meme ("Loose American gun laws feeding violence in Mexico!! Horrors!!") that could then be leveraged into providing plausible justification for Hillary's own treason in selling out Americans' Constitutional rights at the UN:

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0811/619...

Traitorous and stupid incompetence in the extreme. But Fast and Furious went bad, they got caught red-handed, and people including Border Patrol Agent Terry are dead because of their arrogance and incompetence.

Obobo, Holder, Hillary, and the rest of the F&F conspirators richly deserve to be burned in effigy and jailed for high treason, conspiracy, and being accessories to murder.
Teddy R

Mclean, VA

#115925 Jun 18, 2012
okboston wrote:
<quoted text>
Your statement is false because the premise you are building it on is false.
You are dismissed. Use your off-time to learn something about usiness expenses.
Lamest whine yet.

My statement remains PROVEN: In the long run, all other things remaining equal, taxes levied on corporations are simply passed on to, and therefore paid by, their customers in the prices of their products.

You remain dismissed.

And yes - I can keep doing this all year.
Teddy R

Mclean, VA

#115926 Jun 18, 2012
okboston wrote:
<quoted text>
You missed it.
No. He didn't. You failed meet the challenge. Again. Presumably because facts were required.

Soetoro, Kenya

#115927 Jun 18, 2012
okboston wrote:
<quoted text>
You missed it.
Care to point to it?

Soetoro, Kenya

#115928 Jun 18, 2012
Teddy R wrote:
<quoted text>
Lamest whine yet.
My statement remains PROVEN: In the long run, all other things remaining equal, taxes levied on corporations are simply passed on to, and therefore paid by, their customers in the prices of their products.
You remain dismissed.
Let him dwell on this: Corporations really don't pay taxes, people pay taxes. Corporations are people.
Teddy R

Mclean, VA

#115929 Jun 18, 2012
<quoted text>
Let him dwell on this: Corporations really don't pay taxes, people pay taxes. Corporations are people.
You'll be sorry.

Giving OKB a complex real-life concept involving corporate finance is like giving a 17-year-old an F16 and a full load-out, but without the training and supervision.

Amazing maneuvers followed shortly by epic failure and a smoking crater.

South Central Virginia

#115930 Jun 18, 2012
Teddy R wrote:
<quoted text>
Lamest whine yet.
You remain dismissed.
Your premise remains false. All things o not remain equal when it comes to costs of running a busness over time.

Dismissed.

South Central Virginia

#115931 Jun 18, 2012
<quoted text>
Care to point to it?
Show me any where that I stated there was a plan out in the open that would do that.

Why not go back and post a link to my original post on the subject so you can show us where I gave you the idea that there was one.

I think it is an excellent idea though. Much better than Teddy's false premises of how businesses operate.

South Central Virginia

#115932 Jun 18, 2012
<quoted text>
If corporations don't pay taxes then there should be no problem taxing them 100% of gross. Chew on that a while.

South Central Virginia

#115933 Jun 18, 2012
Teddy R wrote:
<quoted text>
You'll be sorry.
Giving OKB a complex real-life concept involving corporate finance is like giving a 17-year-old an F16 and a full load-out, but without the training and supervision.
Amazing maneuvers followed shortly by epic failure and a smoking crater.
Giving you a simple problem involving finance or business has proven to be beyond your capacity of rational discussion lately.

Take your premise that all things remain equal when operating a business over time. That is like saying windmills can supply us with endless energy if winds blew at the same speed 24/7/365.

Where does an American corporation get its voter registration card?

South Central Virginia

#115934 Jun 18, 2012
<quoted text>
Could you direct us to the office that issues corporations that are 18 years of age or older its voter registration card?

Or would you rather say that corporations and certain other non-human entitities have been granted limited rights that are necessry for the conduct of their business?
Teddy R

Mclean, VA

#115935 Jun 18, 2012
okboston wrote:
<quoted text>
Your premise remains false. All things o not remain equal when it comes to costs of running a busness over time.
Dismissed.
My premise of ceteris paribus is made for a specific purpose, and is entirely valid for purposes of this discussion.

When discussing the resulting effect of changing one variable (in this case, corporate tax rates) in a complex system, the universally accepted analytical practice is to hold all other variables constant in order to isolate the effect of the variable in question.

Only a clumsy partisan hack would argue otherwise.

My statement therefore remains PROVEN: In the long run, all other things remaining equal, taxes levied on corporations are simply passed on to, and therefore paid by, their customers in the prices of their products.

You remain dismissed.

Are you really going to continue flinging poo on yourself this way?

Since: Aug 11

Hagerhill, KY

#115936 Jun 18, 2012
Teddy R wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't be silly. I don't have to prove a premise, nor am I required to alter my statement to something else because you are unable to refute it as I've stated it.
Still more lame deflection.
My statement remains PROVEN: In the long run, all other things - WHICH INCLUDES OTHER EXPENSES - remaining equal, taxes levied on corporations are simply passed on to, and therefore paid by, their customers in the prices of their products.
You're dismissed. Again.
Since you have never seemed to have run a business Teddy, yes, you're partially correct that expenditure increases are passed down to the consumer, but only to a point. One can only charge for goods and services what the market will bear. It is entirely possible to charge ones way out of business. If a business has an expenditure it cannot pass down to the consumer, the business must then find a way to slim down the delivery process to recoup the losses to stay in the black.

Economics 101 doesn't seem to be your forte' imho.

Class dismissed.

South Central Virginia

#115937 Jun 18, 2012
Teddy R wrote:
<quoted text>
My premise of ceteris paribus is made for a specific purpose, and is entirely valid for purposes of this discussion.
When discussing the resulting effect of changing one variable (in this case, corporate tax rates) in a complex system, the universally accepted analytical practice is to hold all other variables constant in order to isolate the effect of the variable in question.
Only a clumsy partisan hack would argue otherwise.
My statement therefore remains PROVEN: In the long run, all other things remaining equal, taxes levied on corporations are simply passed on to, and therefore paid by, their customers in the prices of their products.
You remain dismissed.
Are you really going to continue flinging poo on yourself this way?
Actually, your premise is good for classroom work of a rudimentary level. Not for real life which is what we are discussing.

A tax increase can result in the following:

1. Straight pass through of 100% of the increase to the customer.

2. An offset of the tax increase through increased productivity; reduced prices from suppliers; less wage expenses (the company freezing wages until the taxes are absorbed.;) reduced expenses (turning the thermostat down or up depending on time of year to reduce utitlity expenses; or a combination of the above.

3. A combination of 1 & 2 above resulting in a partial pass through of tghe tax increase to customers.

It should be noted that even businesses in the same industry will have different stituations that will force them to respond differently based on their own circumstances.

But you keep tap dancing. It suits you.

Since: Aug 11

Hagerhill, KY

#115938 Jun 18, 2012
The company I worked for compensated by speeding production up. The consumer didn't see a nickel's worth of increase.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barack Obama Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Grey Ghost 1,191,539
Netanyahu to Use Congressa Bully Pulpit To Assa... 7 min Jake Fedora 2
Netanyahu to use Congress' bully pulpit to assa... 8 min Le Jimbo 9
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 9 min Sharrp Shooter 313,030
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 10 min kal 51,507
Carson launches exploratory committee 12 min Cat74 3
Obama Calls for Two Years of Free Community Col... 15 min barry 1,297
More from around the web