Obama promises more than 600,000 stimulus jobs

Full story: Newsday

President Barack Obama promised Monday to deliver more than 600,000 jobs through his $787 billion stimulus plan this summer, with federal agencies pumping billions into public works projects, schools and summer youth programs.

Comments (Page 5,334)

Showing posts 106,661 - 106,680 of109,638
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Teddy R

Mclean, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2012

joe wrote:
<quoted text>
No longer interested. You're an idiot. You made the claim you bring the proof or just keep playing with yourself. I'm not interested in your little talking point life.
Move along and have a nice day.
Right.

You were pwned, fool.

Pull your pants up before you trip over them.
Teddy R

Mclean, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2012

gaytor_bayt wrote:
<quoted text>
Seems to me he can watch Congress stall and filibuster while he's on the trail the same as he can while in Washington.
Sure - since that's all he's been doing - sitting on the side, trimming sails and watching. In Obobo's case, I agree with you.

Now, if he were the REAL LEADER the Office of the President is supposed to be occupied by, it would be different ...
TSM

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2012

Okboston you are having the same problem as Obama trying to articulate his fail policies!! Even the Press Corps said Obama speech in Ohio was not only boring but a rehash of previous speeches another words nothing New!!
Boston it wasn’t Dimon saying we needed more regulation it was Chucky Schumer saying we needed more regulation you know the guy when asked about the Three Branches of Government his answer, Senate, House, Presidency!!
joe

San Rafael, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2012

Teddy R wrote:
<quoted text>
Right.
You were pwned, fool.
Pull your pants up before you trip over them.
Your imagery sure revolves around the same subject matter, doesn't it.
nac

Medford, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2012

joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, so don't vote for Obama and don't vote for Romney. I hate to break it to you but those are your choices. It is about the lesser of evils and to me it's clear. Keep what we've got and hope pressure at least brings some controls on campaign finance.
The country gave the maniac Cheney/Bush two terms and they brought us to our knees. Romney works for the top 1% and can't disguise it, hard as he tries. I'm among the 99%. The choice is clear.
In case your dense like so many on this forum, I will make it plain that I agree with the jist of your post, if not all the details.
You've missed the entire point of my post. Both of these parties are harming the country. Research the examples I used, they are ALL true.

Just because we had 8 years of the tyrant from the party you root against, should not mean we should have 8 years of the tyrant from the party that you sadly root for.

My point is that the whole system is a mirage. The left/right paradigm is false. Look into the things I wrote and it will become clear to you.
joe

San Rafael, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2012

nac wrote:
<quoted text>
You've missed the entire point of my post. Both of these parties are harming the country. Research the examples I used, they are ALL true.
Just because we had 8 years of the tyrant from the party you root against, should not mean we should have 8 years of the tyrant from the party that you sadly root for.
My point is that the whole system is a mirage. The left/right paradigm is false. Look into the things I wrote and it will become clear to you.
I didn't miss your point. What I said (to paraphrase) is what is your alternative for November?
nac

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2012

joe wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't miss your point. What I said (to paraphrase) is what is your alternative for November?
There is little hope for this election, as most Americans are still sound asleep. Everyone is distracted arguing about political football issues while BOTH PARTIES further the agenda of war, destroying civil liberties, and devaluing the dollar.

We all have to work at waking people up to this, and in November we need to STOP VOTING for republicans and democrats. We have to rise up and take our republic back from the bankers that own our politicians and government.

Again, we're not likely to accomplish anything other than electing a tyrant this Nov. but we need to spread the message of liberty anyway.
joe

San Rafael, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2012

nac wrote:
<quoted text>
There is little hope for this election, as most Americans are still sound asleep. Everyone is distracted arguing about political football issues while BOTH PARTIES further the agenda of war, destroying civil liberties, and devaluing the dollar.
We all have to work at waking people up to this, and in November we need to STOP VOTING for republicans and democrats. We have to rise up and take our republic back from the bankers that own our politicians and government.
Again, we're not likely to accomplish anything other than electing a tyrant this Nov. but we need to spread the message of liberty anyway.
So, presuming everything you wrote is true, your idea is to not vote in this upcoming election, is that right?
nac

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2012

joe wrote:
<quoted text>
So, presuming everything you wrote is true, your idea is to not vote in this upcoming election, is that right?
Everything I wrote is true and on record. Even if the media ignores something, it can still be true.

I will be voting, just not for republicans or democrats.
TSM

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2012

nac wrote:
<quoted text>
Everything I wrote is true and on record. Even if the media ignores something, it can still be true.
I will be voting, just not for republicans or democrats.
So other words you’re not going to vote for the Top of the Ticket…Right?
finding

Paragould, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2012

TSM wrote:
Obama’s accomplishments … debt, 15.5 trillion, deficits, trillion plus, youth employment 23 year low, 1out 2 college grads find employment, 1-15 Americans fall in to extreme poverty; this is what Liberals/Democrats embrace as success!!
Now he is going to give the young illegals the jobs. He comes up with a boo boo every week. Gay's mirriage,then he said the private sector is doing good, now this illegal thing, we still have enough time for him to hang himself.
finding

Paragould, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2012

joe wrote:
<quoted text>
This election is far to imporant not to vote.
joe

San Rafael, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2012

Take a listen, you'll like I reckon.

http://vimeo.com/33985596

Not a single lib or righty.

Since: Aug 11

Paintsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2012

Teddy R wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure - since that's all he's been doing - sitting on the side, trimming sails and watching. In Obobo's case, I agree with you.
Now, if he were the REAL LEADER the Office of the President is supposed to be occupied by, it would be different ...
Teddy I've been reading and posting to this thread for a few days now. Everyone, well most anyway are aware of what is taking place in Washington and in this thread.

About 1/2 are conservative to the point they really don't want a government of any kind regulating anything whatsoever. At least that's how I'm reading it. The other half doesn't want a repeat of the path and choose to go with someone who at a minimum seems to talk sense regardless of whether the conservative side seems to think of him.

Regardless of what is said to support Obama or even defend him, the conservative side is going to attack it in any means necessary to include taking things out of context, deny it or outright lie about it.

No one can lie, make things up or take things out of context on his opponent Romney. He's been doing that all on his own and even his fellow Republicans are stating this fact.

I for one am not fond of Sen McCain myself but even he is leery of Obama's opponent.

Paintsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2012

nac wrote:
<quoted text>
You and I have common ground on this. My question would be why has no one followed up on the suggestions that were made alluding to this. Prep For Dep pretty much stated this a few times himself. I for one messaged him about organizing something to follow up on this. He and I have messaged folks from several threads on at least trying to organize something and no takers. All anyone wants to do is slam whoever and not do a dammed thing beyond bitch.

Paintsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2012

finding wrote:
<quoted text>Now he is going to give the young illegals the jobs. He comes up with a boo boo every week. Gay's mirriage,then he said the private sector is doing good, now this illegal thing, we still have enough time for him to hang himself.
How can Obama offer anyone a job? Do you actually mean he's going to put all these young people to work in the White House? Exactly what kind of power do you think he has anyway? We don't elect Kings or Dictators in the U.S or were you unaware of this?

“Impeach Obama!”

Since: Jul 08

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2012

I think members of both parties should make the President of the United States so disrespected that everyone in both this country and other countries will just ignore him and give him the finger if he "offers his hand."

And, the President of the United States job description should be changed to "Official Scapegoat and Whipping Boy."

Paintsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2012

joe wrote:
Take a listen, you'll like I reckon.
http://vimeo.com/33985596
Not a single lib or righty.
Prefer Marvin Gayes version. Good song though and have MG's version in my collection.

Since: Aug 07

South Central Virginia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2012

Politics as usual wrote:
<quoted text>
400k plus the pension, the perks and the chance to make millions more after their term seems like plenty to me.
frankly just like the teachers, throwing more money at the problem won't fix it. it is not about money it is about accountability.
when obama can parade around the country on campaign stops rather then doing the job he is supposed to do then something is wrong,
just like it was wrong for obama as a senator to be paid to campaign for president rather then do his job.
what we need is more accountability, we need the corrupt like obama, rangel, waters, pelosi, frank, meeks, towns, emanuel to be held accountable for unethical and criminal behavior and to be thrown out of office, and potentially into jail depending on the offense.
but because the politicians control their punishments that is not happening, and a vote every few years by citizens is not going to change that, especially when the corrupt media support these corrupt politicians as long as they are liberal democrats.
Supposeing that CEO's of multi-national corporations in the US are paid as they should be, can you logically and rationally explain why the President should make less than any of them much less all of them.

Since: Aug 07

South Central Virginia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2012

Say the Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no problem with that. As long as I get to keep all that money I send to the Feds, and get back all that I've paid in for almost 40 years, plus interest.
The money you sent to the Feds for the most part is gone. But I will say that they should refund all monies currently held on pro rata basis.

But they have to keep the taxes after they end the program just to balance the budget.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 106,661 - 106,680 of109,638
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••