Tenor Bocelli says 'contaminated' by temptation of money

Full story: Channels.netscape.com

Italian opera star Andrea Bocelli said he was "contaminated" by the temptation of money even if he already has too much.

Comments (Page 403)

Showing posts 8,041 - 8,060 of8,104
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Jan 08

Litchfield, Connecticut

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2012

Judged:

Has anyone been following the drama of AB? I guess he was taken to a Pisa hospital for acute pharyngitis...was told by his doctor not to sing for the forseeable future and could not finish the Romeo & Juliet run, but yet, I guess he is singing in Bahrain... has anyone followed any of the message boards? I guess the reviews haven't been to kind for his performances and from what I read his voice sounded weak, strained... I am thinking it is time to give up the opera dream.. It just isn't a happening deal.. the studio recordings are fine but his voice just isn't suited for actual stage performances..
CaG

Bolton, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2012

Judged:

Irishharper wrote:
Has anyone been following the drama of AB? I guess he was taken to a Pisa hospital for acute pharyngitis...was told by his doctor not to sing for the forseeable future and could not finish the Romeo & Juliet run, but yet, I guess he is singing in Bahrain... has anyone followed any of the message boards? I guess the reviews haven't been to kind for his performances and from what I read his voice sounded weak, strained... I am thinking it is time to give up the opera dream.. It just isn't a happening deal.. the studio recordings are fine but his voice just isn't suited for actual stage performances..
It is sad, but true, that his live stage opera singing is not up to standard and I seriously hope he doesn't attempt another live opera. His voice is nowhere near what it was in the early days, obviously age play a part, but the beauty of it seems to have been sacrificed for volume and volume does not suit his voice. Maybe his technique has improved, but it was never about the technicality with him, it was always about the sound of the voice.
I think he has meen misadvised by those around him and it is a great pity.
Katy

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2012

Judged:

So you don't think it is just his own great desire to be accepted as an opera singer then CaG?
Gert

Foxboro, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2012

Judged:

Andrea Bocelli is to opera what the Harlem Globe Trotters are to the Lakers.
Katy

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2012

Judged:

It was a major motivating force for him and gave him something to strive for and work at.
even while producing some of the rubbish he must have cringed at. He could tell imself it was helping to dinance his operatic ambitions.

I always thought he saw all the rest of his repertoire as so much rubbish. Only his fans differentiated according to their own taste.

If he now has to acceptthat this is something he can't do I wonder if he will just settle for touring with the Muppets?
CaG

Bolton, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2012

Judged:

Gert wrote:
That analogy sadly means nothign to me, Gert
CaG

Bolton, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2012

Judged:

Katy wrote:
So you don't think it is just his own great desire to be accepted as an opera singer then CaG?
I think, in his heart of hearts, he knows he really is not good enough. I think the sycophants and those financially dependent possibly tell him otherwise.
He was very good when he was younger, his 1998 "La Boheme" is proof of that, but he should have worked more on his operatic voice, instead of all the pop.
It must be quite hard for him, having done all the moneymaking stuff and now find he can't do what he really wants, which is opera.
Luby

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2012

Judged:

Congratulations to Andrea and Veronica; baby Virginia born earlier today.
Luby

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2012

Judged:

Very touching photo @ La Nazione Massa Carrara. The narrative is basically (my Italian is not perfect:)) that they did not speak to paps as they have a deal with a magazine; the proceeds of which will go to a charity for parents of children with heart probs which he supports :))
Luby

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2012

Mi Scusa! You will need this search info once you're on the Massa Carrara site otherwise you will get hundreds of possibilities (tried to copy link but it wouldn't let me) so try:
'Andrea Bocelli tornano a casa'
Carry

Zeeland, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2012

Judged:

I've been without a computer for some time, so I just thought I'd drop by to catch up. Interesting discussion about his opera vs pop voice. In a way, nothing has changed. The critics cringed at his voice in those early live performances and they continue to do so. I don't think it would have been realistic for him to work more on the operatic voice and less on the pop. I think he realized that he would never have a traditional opera career. It's just too difficult, not only for him but for all those involved in the production. Everyone has to commit extra energy when he is involved for various reasons. At best he could have maybe sung in one or two operas per year, not anywhere near what a typical opera singer does. I think these live operas must be terribly stressful for him and probably contributed more than anything to his illness. I doubt that his traveling would have played a part as some have suggested. After all, opera singers travel all over the place. And I really can't see those close to him encouraging him to take on opera. There is just not the incentive for anyone but him. That is not where the money is made.

Pop was his meal ticket--otherwise he would be a lawyer in Tuscany. Surely he never anticipated that his pop career would have taken off like it did. He's wisely used it all to his advantage. He continues to sing opera and classical songs in his concerts and I hope that continues. I have not noticed any diminishment of his voice yet.

Instead of trying to do full staged operas, I hope he might schedule some concerts in small venues like he has done in the past. Maybe more of them. Little Virginia will have 4 or 5 years of travel before she will have to stay home and go to school. He can get a lot done in those 5 years and then maybe think about scaling back. I'm looking forward to the next chapter. I'm not bored yet.
Carry

Zeeland, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2012

Gert wrote:
I'm glad you are still here to share your wit, Gert! I got a good laugh from this.
CaG

Wigan, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2012

Judged:

Carry wrote:
Instead of trying to do full staged operas, I hope he might schedule some concerts in small venues like he has done in the past. Maybe more of them. Little Virginia will have 4 or 5 years of travel before she will have to stay home and go to school. He can get a lot done in those 5 years and then maybe think about scaling back. I'm looking forward to the next chapter. I'm not bored yet.
Like you I hope that he will do smaller venues, for various reasons, not least of which is that something new would be nice.
It seems that he doesn't really change his repertoire much in the arena concerts. He is very good at still making it sound like new, to the first time attendee, but when you've seen a few over the years, you've heard it all before and when you've shelled out the equivalent of $300 or so a ticket....
Obviously they still sell out and there's a lot of money to be made still, so I expect they won't change the formula for the foreseeable future.
Katy

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2012

Judged:

Yes I have always thought that those close to him are only interested in money too Carry.

I think he has worked hard enough to be allowed o do something he wants to do occasionally. Perhaps he doesn't get sufficient support from those around him when he perfoms these operas?
After all there is quite a lot he can't do
of the things the mega-rich seem to like to door
if he could do them it wouldn't mean much.
Fans may be forced to agree with the critics about his operatic performance but for goodness sake - let him use a microphone.
he is not pretending to be a full time professional opera singer. His performances are a novelty only.
His opera singing can't be worse than some of the total rubbish he has recorded over the last few years.
Annalise

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2012

Judged:

Such a pretty new baby but enough about that because his youngest son is seriously tall and completely GORGEOUS <3
Katy

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2012

Judged:

And he is STill banging on about religion!
Thats fine but which one? Maybe he should foubnd his own!
Noone is perfect and noone can judge anyone else but is it normal or logica to keep elling everyone what a good cathlic you re while blatantly flouting thae laws of the church!

Andrea for Pope? Write your own rules.
Wgat a role model!

of course many have children outside marriage because thy dont find it relevant . I understand hat but I really do not understand his position.

Has he suffered some sort of breakdown.?
If he rejected the rules of the catholic church - ok his choice but he wants o be seen as a good catholic and someone who is a good role model and advises others to obey the church?
Strait jacket anyone?
Andrea

Somerville, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2012

Judged:

Gerturde
Separated is still married, and it is considered adultery, because you are still married. Research the bible before you speak. God's laws are what matters, not man's.
Gert

Foxboro, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2012

Judged:

Oh bologna! I could care less about God's Laws! The bible tells us to go out and kill gay people. Are you really going to do that?

But putting God-god-gods aside, all societies from time immemorial have taken measures to ascertain the parenthood and secure support for offspring. Since the "institution of marriage" is considered the bedrock of society, adultery is considered a threat to that foundation. The problem with the adulterous life- style of Bocelli is certainly not that he will support his children. On the other hand, it makes him look like a complete hypocritical idiot because he presents himself as such a devout Catholic. If he would let go of that schtick, no one would even care but he doesn't let go of it because he thinks it is good for business. Actually, I think it is. He's always singing for the Pope. The Pope doesn't seem to mind his situation because he has enough on his plate with his own butler who is blowing the whistle on the corruption of the Vatican Bank.
The entire crew is certainly not on any moral high ground. Just enjoy the music.
Katy

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2012

Judged:

Oh bologna! I could care less about God's Laws! The bible tells us to go out and kill gay people. Are you really going to do that?

Careful Gert! Take nothing for granted!
Katy

Great Sutton, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2012

Judged:

R.I.P. Andy Williams.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 8,041 - 8,060 of8,104
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Andrea Bocelli Discussions

Search the Andrea Bocelli Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
No 1 Barry Manilow can smile again (Feb '06) Jan '14 Evan 168
Carrie Underwood logs second No. 1 album (Nov '09) Sep '13 Taylor Swift 3
Interview: Andrea Bocelli, opera singer (Nov '09) Jul '13 bjs 76
Questions and answers with Andrea Bocelli (Jun '13) Jun '13 Rb RECORDS 1
American Idol: Devin Velez, Lazaro Arbos Get To... (Mar '13) Mar '13 lazis4life 2
Obama urges 'humility' at National Prayer Break... (Feb '13) Feb '13 rider 1
Andrea Bocelli - nude! (Sep '12) Sep '12 Tatum 1
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••