Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

Full story: Newsday

When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore.

Comments (Page 1,523)

Showing posts 30,441 - 30,460 of43,185
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2012

Judged:

http://www.globalchange.gov/HighResImages/1-G...

shows 800,000 years of CO2 concentrations. See the man's influence during the recent centuries.
koz

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2012

Judged:

cricket wrote:
BTW, What are you doing, "Budd", to accompany your ardent beliefs?
Are you also faithful to not use gas, oil, electricity, combustion engines and anything made from them to save the planet?
Electricity from nuclear power plants adds no carbon dioxide.

“Happy, warm and comfortable”

Since: Oct 10

Mountain hideaway, SE Spain

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2012

Judged:

koz wrote:
Electricity from nuclear power plants adds no carbon dioxide.
Doesn't everyone know that already?
what

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2012

what
Northie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2012

Judged:

cricket wrote:
<quoted text>
Politicians in the UN and the US think that it is their role to determine the role of science and define what the science is...The Un goal is to contract and constrict [their own words] the economies of the developed countries even more. Read that: destroy.
Ah, I see...this global scientific consensus is merely cover for a conspiracy by the United Nations to destroy the "developed" (read: white) economies, laying us bare for takeover--by darker nations, we can assume?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2012

Judged:

Nauseous wrote:
Ah, I see...this global scientific consensus is merely cover for a conspiracy by the United Nations to destroy the "developed" (read: white) economies, laying us bare for takeover--by darker nations, we can assume?
It wouldn't suprise me if that's what you assume.
PHD

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2012

Judged:

Earthling-1 wrote:
<quoted text>It wouldn't suprise me if that's what you assume.
No way I won't stand for it.You are the commander of useless babble but also in fact the commander of making an ASSumption of your self.Hay dirtling take credit where credit is due.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2012

Judged:

Again:
useless babble wrote:
useless babble
useless babble
litesong

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2012

Judged:

steenking piddling diddling middling mudling mudslinger dirtling wrote:
It wouldn't suprise(sic) me if that's what you assume.
I didn't assume that "steenking piddling diddling middling mudling mudslinger dirtling" is a slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rootingg(& rotting) racist pukey proud pig. I & Native Tribes have LEARNED that "steenking piddling diddling middling mudling mudslinger dirtling" is a slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rootingg(& rotting) racist pukey proud pig.
PHD

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2012

Judged:

Earthling-1 wrote:
Again:<quoted text>
Try a little harder. You can do it you can do it. Now repeat it again I will not post useless babble. Come on dirtling you have managed to cure your post of the hate. Now is the time to shine and work on cleaning up the useless babble you post.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2012

Judged:

For a short while longer, it's:
useless babble wrote:
useless babble
useless babble
cricket

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2012

Judged:

koz wrote:
<quoted text>Electricity from nuclear power plants adds no carbon dioxide.
Most electricity in the US does not come from nuclear plants.
But with nuclear power, there are potentially grave problems.
CO2 isn't a problem. It is an imaginary fear only, a theme used to gain..what else? More money, more power and more control.
This is a carbon based planet and carbon based life forms on it. CO2 is a good thing.

That is also not something any individual is choosing to do with putting any action behind their beliefs nor do they usually have a choice in how electricity is provided in the area.

Do not underestimate the severity of the Fukushima nuclear crisis:
http://mainichi.jp/english/english/newsselect...

http://globalresearch.ca/index.php...

http://enenews.com/japan-nuclear-professor-ra...

Crisis? What crisis? It doesn't exist, because it wasn't mentioned on msm.
PHD

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2012

Earthling-1 wrote:
For a short while longer, it's:<quoted text>
Try a little harder. You can do it you can do it. Now repeat it again I will not post useless babble. Come on dirtling you have managed to cure your post of the hate. Now is the time to shine and work on cleaning up the useless babble you post.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2012

Judged:

PHDumbo wrote:
I will not post useless babble.[QUOTE]You just did.[QUOTE who="useless babble"]useless babble
And again.
budd

Bangkok, Thailand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2012

koz wrote:
<quoted text>Electricity from nuclear power plants adds no carbon dioxide.
Earthling-1 wrote:
<quoted text>Doesn't everyone know that already?

Those who "know that already" are mistaken. Nuclear fuel has a rather large carbon footprint. Unless you figure out how to mine it, transport it and refine it all using nuclear energy. At present all of these processes are undertaken using large quantities of fossil fuels. Once again the pohm is wrong, stupid, or lying.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2012

Judged:

dudd wrote:
Those who "know that already" are mistaken. Nuclear fuel has a rather large carbon footprint. Unless you figure out how to mine it, transport it and refine it all using nuclear energy. At present all of these processes are undertaken using large quantities of fossil fuels. Once again the pohm is wrong, stupid, or lying.
Don't you do semantics, dudd?
koz wrote:
"Electricity from nuclear power plants adds no carbon dioxide."

A perfectly accurate comment.
budd

Bangkok, Thailand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2012

Judged:

Earthling-1 wrote:
<quoted text>Don't you do semantics, dudd?
koz wrote:
"Electricity from nuclear power plants adds no carbon dioxide."
A perfectly accurate comment.
Nuclear power plants cannot make electricity without fuel. Fuel for nuclear power plants has a carbon footprint, therefore electricity from nuclear power does indeed add carbon dioxide to the atmosphere. The statement is inaccurate, but you never have been big on truth telling.

You'll notice I didn't use any vile invectives in answering you, yet you still, as you are compelled to do, change my name to an attempted insult...but you misspell "dud". I'm beginning to pity you. Is that what you are after?
GEEWIZ

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2012

Judged:

BURN That COAL.THANKS 2 odummy and the epa,and silly green movement.coal miners out of work,pain at the pump,pain at the electric plug.all u green super hero;s r destroying the economy.Burn that COAL.CONVERT IT 2 OIL.unless u believe green math which never is right.
budd

Bangkok, Thailand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2012

Judged:

GEEWIZ wrote:
BURN That COAL.THANKS 2 odummy and the epa,and silly green movement.coal miners out of work,pain at the pump,pain at the electric plug.all u green super hero;s r destroying the economy.Burn that COAL.CONVERT IT 2 OIL.unless u believe green math which never is right.
C'mon pohm show me I'm wrong correct this tard's English.

Oh and gee whiz GEEWIZ when have energy costs not gone up?

Oh and BTW the economy was screwed up long before Obama was elected. It has in fact been improving ever since he was elected. Admittedly it is improving way to slowly, but can you give an example of any other Western economy hit by the global financial crisis that is doing better?
Teddy R

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2012

Judged:

budd wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Please cite your source(s) for the calculation of nuclear's carbon footprint per 1000MWe relative to other current large-scale base load generation options like coal, natural gas, oil, etc. that you're preumably relying on in making this claim.

I'd be interested in reviewing it.

Thanks.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 30,441 - 30,460 of43,185
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••