Vietnam: Police Attack House Church, Jail Leaders

Jun 19, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Crosswalk

Police invaded the Sunday service of the Agape Baptist congregation in Vietnam's Hung Yen Province on June 7 and beat worshippers, including women, and arrested a pastor and an elder.

Comments
1 - 8 of 8 Comments Last updated Jul 8, 2009
vcbackay

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Jun 19, 2009
 
Vietnamese PM Nguyen Tan Dung received $150 million payoff from China
Radio New Horizon
By the same author:
Interview of Australian MP Luke Simpkins
Somsak Khunmi
Discussion on Thai Ha situation with Viet Tan General Secretary
more
June 16, 2009

According to high-level sources within the Vietnamese Communist Party, China has transferred over US$150 million to the family of prime minister Nguyen Tan Dung, through its state-controlled banking network since October 2008. The information has been seperately confirmed by several Hanoi-based foreign diplomats. The bulk of this money is believed to be held outside of Vietnam.

Radio New Horizon has learned that this monetary payoff came in exchange for Nguyen Tan Dung’s approval and continued support for bauxite mining by the Aluminum Corporation of China at two locations, Dac Nong and Tan Rai, in Vietnam’s Central Highlands. These projects have continued despite strong protests from the Vietnamese public, environmentalists and military officers.

The details surrounding the misconduct have already leaked to the local Vietnamese and expat American business communities. In an effort to halt the spread of this information and avoid public outrage, Nguyen Tan Dung ordered the “urgent arrest” of several people in recent days. It is possible that more arrests will occur in the coming days.
vcbackay 1

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Jun 19, 2009
 
vcbackay wrote:
Vietnamese PM Nguyen Tan Dung received $150 million payoff from China
Radio New Horizon
By the same author:
Interview of Australian MP Luke Simpkins
Somsak Khunmi
Discussion on Thai Ha situation with Viet Tan General Secretary
more
June 16, 2009
According to high-level sources within the Vietnamese Communist Party, China has transferred over US$150 million to the family of prime minister Nguyen Tan Dung, through its state-controlled banking network since October 2008. The information has been seperately confirmed by several Hanoi-based foreign diplomats. The bulk of this money is believed to be held outside of Vietnam.
Radio New Horizon has learned that this monetary payoff came in exchange for Nguyen Tan Dung’s approval and continued support for bauxite mining by the Aluminum Corporation of China at two locations, Dac Nong and Tan Rai, in Vietnam’s Central Highlands. These projects have continued despite strong protests from the Vietnamese public, environmentalists and military officers.
The details surrounding the misconduct have already leaked to the local Vietnamese and expat American business communities. In an effort to halt the spread of this information and avoid public outrage, Nguyen Tan Dung ordered the “urgent arrest” of several people in recent days. It is possible that more arrests will occur in the coming days.
http://www.viettan.org/spip.php...
thieu van N

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Jul 8, 2009
 
The Vietnamese Government Unlawfully Imprisons Members of the Democratic Party of Vietnam (DPV)
Posted : Wed, 08 Jul 2009 07:02:38 GMT
Author : Democratic Party of Vietnam
Category : Press Release
News Alerts by Email ( click here )
News | Home

SAN JOSE, Calif.-(Business Wire) In the last three weeks, three members of the Democratic Party of Vietnam (DPV) have been arrested for promoting the strengthening of democracy and human rights for the people of Vietnam.

On July 7, 2009, Dr. Nguyen Tien Trung, the leader of the DPV’s Youth for Democracy organization, and Lieutenant Colonel Tran Anh Kim, a key member of the DPV, were imprisoned for urging increased freedoms of the press, religion, travel and improved human rights. On June 13, 2009, Le Cong Dinh, a prominent attorney and member of the DPV, was unlawfully detained for similar reasons.

These actions came shortly after the arrest and imprisonment of Tran Huynh Duy Thuc, CEO of OCI, Le Thang Long, Le Thi Thu and Tran Thi Thu on May 24, 2009. The above individuals had been politically involved in a peaceful manner with the aim of promoting & strengthening democracy and human rights, leading to economic prosperity and stamping out poverty.

According to Dr. Nguyen X. Ngai, the Vice Secretary of the Democratic Party of Vietnam,“The actions of the Vietnam government are unlawful and unacceptable in the world community, and is just the opposite of what the Vietnam government agreed to when it joined the WTO and the United Nations.

“The DPV deplores this action and demands that the government of Vietnam obey the law and release all the above individuals, as well as other political members who are still unlawfully imprisoned in Viet Nam, without any restrictions or conditions attached.”

The Democratic Party of Vietnam has been cooperating with the Vietnamese Communist Party since 1944. At that time, the late Hoang Minh Chinh, former Secretary of the DPV, reformed and reshaped the DPV to place emphasis on non-violent but law-abiding activities with no affiliation to any other political parties. This was announced and reemphasized again on January 9, 2008.
thieu van

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Jul 8, 2009
 
vcbackay 1 wrote:
The Vietnamese Government Unlawfully Imprisons Members of the Democratic Party of Vietnam (DPV)
Posted : Wed, 08 Jul 2009 07:02:38 GMT
Author : Democratic Party of Vietnam
Category : Press Release
News Alerts by Email ( click here )
News | Home

SAN JOSE, Calif.-(Business Wire) In the last three weeks, three members of the Democratic Party of Vietnam (DPV) have been arrested for promoting the strengthening of democracy and human rights for the people of Vietnam.

On July 7, 2009, Dr. Nguyen Tien Trung, the leader of the DPV’s Youth for Democracy organization, and Lieutenant Colonel Tran Anh Kim, a key member of the DPV, were imprisoned for urging increased freedoms of the press, religion, travel and improved human rights. On June 13, 2009, Le Cong Dinh, a prominent attorney and member of the DPV, was unlawfully detained for similar reasons.

These actions came shortly after the arrest and imprisonment of Tran Huynh Duy Thuc, CEO of OCI, Le Thang Long, Le Thi Thu and Tran Thi Thu on May 24, 2009. The above individuals had been politically involved in a peaceful manner with the aim of promoting & strengthening democracy and human rights, leading to economic prosperity and stamping out poverty.

According to Dr. Nguyen X. Ngai, the Vice Secretary of the Democratic Party of Vietnam,“The actions of the Vietnam government are unlawful and unacceptable in the world community, and is just the opposite of what the Vietnam government agreed to when it joined the WTO and the United Nations.

“The DPV deplores this action and demands that the government of Vietnam obey the law and release all the above individuals, as well as other political members who are still unlawfully imprisoned in Viet Nam, without any restrictions or conditions attached.”

The Democratic Party of Vietnam has been cooperating with the Vietnamese Communist Party since 1944. At that time, the late Hoang Minh Chinh, former Secretary of the DPV, reformed and reshaped the DPV to place emphasis on non-violent but law-abiding activities with no affiliation to any other political parties. This was announced and reemphasized again on January 9, 2008.
thieu bo may

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Jul 8, 2009
 
The Vietnamese Government Unlawfully Imprisons Members of the Democratic Party of Vietnam (DPV)
Posted : Wed, 08 Jul 2009 07:02:38 GMT
Author : Democratic Party of Vietnam
Category : Press Release
News Alerts by Email ( click here )
News | Home

SAN JOSE, Calif.-(Business Wire) In the last three weeks, three members of the Democratic Party of Vietnam (DPV) have been arrested for promoting the strengthening of democracy and human rights for the people of Vietnam.

On July 7, 2009, Dr. Nguyen Tien Trung, the leader of the DPV’s Youth for Democracy organization, and Lieutenant Colonel Tran Anh Kim, a key member of the DPV, were imprisoned for urging increased freedoms of the press, religion, travel and improved human rights. On June 13, 2009, Le Cong Dinh, a prominent attorney and member of the DPV, was unlawfully detained for similar reasons.

These actions came shortly after the arrest and imprisonment of Tran Huynh Duy Thuc, CEO of OCI, Le Thang Long, Le Thi Thu and Tran Thi Thu on May 24, 2009. The above individuals had been politically involved in a peaceful manner with the aim of promoting & strengthening democracy and human rights, leading to economic prosperity and stamping out poverty.

According to Dr. Nguyen X. Ngai, the Vice Secretary of the Democratic Party of Vietnam,“The actions of the Vietnam government are unlawful and unacceptable in the world community, and is just the opposite of what the Vietnam government agreed to when it joined the WTO and the United Nations.

“The DPV deplores this action and demands that the government of Vietnam obey the law and release all the above individuals, as well as other political members who are still unlawfully imprisoned in Viet Nam, without any restrictions or conditions attached.”

The Democratic Party of Vietnam has been cooperating with the Vietnamese Communist Party since 1944. At that time, the late Hoang Minh Chinh, former Secretary of the DPV, reformed and reshaped the DPV to place emphasis on non-violent but law-abiding activities with no affiliation to any other political parties. This was announced and reemphasized again on January 9, 2008.
thieu van wrote:
<quoted text>
The Vietnamese Government Unlawfully Imprisons Members of the Democratic Party of Vietnam (DPV)
Posted : Wed, 08 Jul 2009 07:02:38 GMT
Author : Democratic Party of Vietnam
Category : Press Release
Death Star

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Jul 8, 2009
 
VC are only brave at killing and jailing their own unarmed people. Against the Chinamen, VC just die by the hundreds!

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
thieu llllllI

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Jul 8, 2009
 
Death Star wrote:
VC are only brave at killing and jailing their own unarmed people. Against the Chinamen, VC just die by the hundreds!
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Thirty-seven U.S. Senators call for release of Vietnamese priest Fr. Ly
cna ^| July 4, 2009

Posted on Sunday, July 05, 2009 6:32:01 AM by NYer

Father Ly on trial in 2007

Hanoi, Vietnam, Jul 3, 2009 / 07:33 pm (CNA).- On Wednesday 37 members of the U.S. Senate called on President Nguyen Minh Triet to release Fr. Thadeus Nguyen Van Ly, a longtime human rights advocate.

The bipartisan group of Senators, led by Sens. Barbara Boxer (D-CA) and Sam Brownback (R-KS) cited “serious flaws” concerning the priest’s arrest, trial and imprisonment. They asked the Vietnamese president to facilitate Father Ly’s “immediate and unconditional release from prison” and to allow him to return home and work without restrictions on his “internationally guaranteed” freedom of expression, association or movement.

Fr. Ly, now 63 years old, has been jailed three times since the 1970s for a total of 14 years, Agence Free Presse says. His four-hour trial in 2007 on charges of spreading propaganda against the Communist government led to an eight-year sentence.

During the trial the priest was physically restrained, gagged, and prohibited from defending himself, actions which drew condemnation from diplomats and human rights groups.

Jared Genser, president of the prisoners of conscience group Freedom Now, said his group was “strongly encouraged” by the Senators’ efforts.

“It is our hope that the Government of Vietnam will heed their call and bring to an end the continued and unjust imprisonment of Father Ly,” he said.

A Freedom Now press release described Fr. Ly’s detention as a “bellwether” for human rights in Vietnam.

Freedom Now executive director Maran Turner told AFP there has been “further repression” by the Vietnamese government,“more now than in quite some time.”

“At this time we feel they are backsliding,” she said.

According to AFP, Sens. John Kerry and John McCain, both Vietnam War veterans and former presidential candidates, did not sign the letter.

In November 2006 the U.S. State Department ceased to designate Vietnam as a “country of particular concern” following its passage of religious freedom legislation, which outlawed forced renunciations.
REALs

Kitchener, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Jul 8, 2009
 
thieu llllllI wrote:
<quoted text>
Thirty-seven U.S. Senators call for release of Vietnamese priest Fr. Ly
cna ^| July 4, 2009
Posted on Sunday, July 05, 2009 6:32:01 AM by NYer
Father Ly on trial in 2007
Hanoi, Vietnam, Jul 3, 2009 / 07:33 pm (CNA).- On Wednesday 37 members of the U.S. Senate called on President Nguyen Minh Triet to release Fr. Thadeus Nguyen Van Ly, a longtime human rights advocate.
The bipartisan group of Senators, led by Sens. Barbara Boxer (D-CA) and Sam Brownback (R-KS) cited “serious flaws” concerning the priest’s arrest, trial and imprisonment. They asked the Vietnamese president to facilitate Father Ly’s “immediate and unconditional release from prison” and to allow him to return home and work without restrictions on his “internationally guaranteed” freedom of expression, association or movement.
Fr. Ly, now 63 years old, has been jailed three times since the 1970s for a total of 14 years, Agence Free Presse says. His four-hour trial in 2007 on charges of spreading propaganda against the Communist government led to an eight-year sentence.
During the trial the priest was physically restrained, gagged, and prohibited from defending himself, actions which drew condemnation from diplomats and human rights groups.
Jared Genser, president of the prisoners of conscience group Freedom Now, said his group was “strongly encouraged” by the Senators’ efforts.
“It is our hope that the Government of Vietnam will heed their call and bring to an end the continued and unjust imprisonment of Father Ly,” he said.
A Freedom Now press release described Fr. Ly’s detention as a “bellwether” for human rights in Vietnam.
Freedom Now executive director Maran Turner told AFP there has been “further repression” by the Vietnamese government,“more now than in quite some time.”
“At this time we feel they are backsliding,” she said.
According to AFP, Sens. John Kerry and John McCain, both Vietnam War veterans and former presidential candidates, did not sign the letter.
In November 2006 the U.S. State Department ceased to designate Vietnam as a “country of particular concern” following its passage of religious freedom legislation, which outlawed forced renunciations.
37 or 370 is just a BIG F. ALL!
Get that, mfker?
Let alone with some oldsags losers mfkers!
Aahahha!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Hung Yen, Vietnam Discussions

Search the Hung Yen, Vietnam Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
A village in northern Vietnam remains alive wit... Jun '14 lack sakingbumbum 1
HANOI: Airbus names component manufacturing par... Apr '14 tran 1
Vietnam minister calls for calm in face of 8,50... Apr '14 csvn di an bam woc te 9
HANOI: Concerted effort needed in Vietnam to em... Apr '14 seeing to believing 1
Pinkeye epidemic sweeps Vietnam (Sep '13) Sep '13 SpongeBob 3
Ha Noi: Vietnamese footwear exporters urged to ... (Aug '13) Aug '13 forget me not 2
Vietnam detains blogger who covered corruption (Feb '13) Feb '13 hard life for the poor 21
•••
•••