New Auction Sites Emerge as eBay Stumbles...

May 27, 2008 | Posted by: GemGuy | Full story: jewelryblogger.com

New Auction Sites Emerge as eBay Stumbles... As eBay sellers continue to feel the heat as the auction giant implements changes across its site, competitor auction sites are emerging, seeking to benefit from the ...

Comments
1 - 20 of 48 Comments Last updated Sep 27, 2012
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Enjoying other sites

Bolingbrook, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2008

Judged:

Ebay will never recover from the stumble. Their stock continues to decline as seller's jump ship. They are going to ioffer, onlineauction, eweay, and other sites.

Good bye Feebay, Hello a whole new world!
Velizara Petrova

Rousse, Bulgaria

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2008

Judged:

1120 square meters land villa in the area of Rousse 10 km, near public transport, 300 meters from the bus stop, suitable for house. Opportunity for electricity and irrigation water. Profitable investment to the future development of the area. 2000 respectively. Tax assessment of the parcel is 6400bgn
Tired of ebay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2008

Judged:

The changes ebay has made to it's feedback policy have me looking for a better site to sell on. The changes work in favor of the buyers, they can buy and decide if they want to pay or not, the seller can't leave a negative feedback comment even if the buyer doesn't pay.
GJR

Aubrey, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2008

Judged:

Despite the changes that eBay has implemented over the last few months I still stood by them and continued selling. Last Thursday my account was suspended after 10 years without a problem for a bogus charge that they have yet to explain to me.
I welcome any and all new auction sites. After 10 years of honest selling to have this happen without an explanation leaves a really bad taste in my mouth.
Class action

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2008

Judged:

Is therer a class action yet? I want in if there is. dunmar2000@yahoo.com
angelas_stash

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2008

Judged:

Unhappy with eBay? Come on over to Atomicmall.com !
No Listing Fees! Automatic Store! Even Playing field between buyers and sellers! Automatic storefront! Items stay listed until they are sold! Google Feeds! Payment options include Paypal, Google Checkout, Money Order and personal check, your choice! Great community that cares!
steve

Arnold, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2008

Here is another auctions site http://jcbid.com
Basic listing on JCBid is currently free.
Tracy

Wayland, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2009

Judged:

Tired of your profits going towards Selling Fees? come give us a try!! UFlipIt, http://www.uflipit.com all of our autions and classified listings are only $1.00 with no End of Sale Fees ever! Relist for Free if it dont sell. Register now and get unlimited listings and all of our listing upgrades Free until Mid June.
NYM Arts

Kingston, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2009

Hey Everybody !
I've found a Great New Place to Sell....
BONANZLE !!
Do check it out.
Very, VERY Clean Setup.
Your own Chat room in Your Own BOOTH !
Great People.
Excellent Help.
My NEW BOOTH : NYMArts
It's Just the KOOLEST THING !!!
Money Orders & Checks Rule the Day.
If Ebay was so Great, it would be BONANZLE :o)

See You There.
Ron R

Ottawa, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2009

Look, ebay is not bad, but I have had several fraud expiences from offshore members. I am also tired of searching for products for hours at a time, and lost auction bids. I came across a great website called ChaseMe.com . This is a North American website so you dont have to worry about any foreign fraud and here, I just post waht I want and let the sellers come to me. Its easy and saves me a lot of time. Just go to: http://www.chaseme.com
CDur

Burbank, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2009

Judged:

Any BUYERS have new sites to recommend? Ebay was best when it was simple person-to-person transactions and not a million folks running a cheap business.
NYM Arts

Wappingers Falls, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2009

Judged:

This is a RECYCLED Article.
Even so, BONANZLE has THE BEST setup routine on the web.
MONEY ORDERES AND CHECKS ACCEPTED.
Bonanzle is now Tuning up the Platform for AUCTIONS.
Since the Original release of this article Bonanzle has gained members at a PHENOMINAL rate and now has over 76,500 registered members. The type and quaility of UNordinary and Antique items is blossoming at an incredible rate.
No Other Web based sales venue can compete with Bonanzle's routine.
Bonanzle is now Second under *bay and closing in.
List your stuff for the coming season. You'll be glad you did. No fee to list, very WAY reasonable Final Value Fees.
See You There !
charles

Wake Forest, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2009

Judged:

www.hagglerhouse.com Online Selling Community free listing & fvfees
Kelly

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2009

i just sold 4 items on a site called www.productpit.com i was surpised it had as much traffic as it did.If you guys find anymore sites to make a few sales on let me know.
Mike Holcomb

Chesterfield, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2009

Judged:

Nuke eBay!!!

Then the future will be bright again, so bright the company will glow in the dark.
Joe

Cape Coral, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2009

“About Me......”

Since: Oct 09

Cincinnati

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2009

My family & friends USE to try & sell on ebay. Ebay usually made more money than we did! Oh well...
I started a little auction site for my family and friends & U-R more than Welcome to add items there also. Like I said, it's new so don't expect a hugh membership now & having problems getting the program to let you upload more than ONE image! I hate that, if you know how to conquer that problem, let me know, please!
Please come on over and help us out by adding some of your things. It's called 'Grannys Ice Auction' & located at: grannysauction.us .
Oh & did I mention it's free?
Hope to see ya there!
JKMc/katzrmine
auctionstheyaren t

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2009

Judged:

I'm not saying any mentioned sites here or elsewhere are bad sites when people mention them as alternative auction sites but I'm amazed how few see the difference between auctions and retail sale sites.

Bonanzle is a good site but it is primarily a retail sale site like ecrater and not used for mostly auctions. There are A LOT of retail sale sites and many are completely free but what I still find lacking is a true auction site.

Having the option to set an opening bid doesn't necessarily make it an auction especially once users show up and post primarily fixed priced items which I find in the majority of mentioned sites. There has to be a concerted effort by the creators and users alike to make the site an real auction.

Ebay may have slipped in a lot of ways but their change is a purposeful one and they, too, are orienting themselves for fixed price (retail) sales. Partly I think because of their close work with Google who demand fixed prices. They want to by more like Amazon now in my opinion. Not a bad thing but not for me.

Again, all these sites are fine and fit the bill for many but there are very few real auction sites left and those that pop up are all made from the same default package with little effort put into them.

I still have hope however.
Sohaila

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2009

Judged:

When it comes to auction eBay is the only place you can bid. All the above mentioned sites are just have items on finger count. You can't compare them with eBay... They can't ever beat eBay...!!!

“About Me......”

Since: Oct 09

Cincinnati

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2009

GJR wrote:
Despite the changes that eBay has implemented over the last few months I still stood by them and continued selling. Last Thursday my account was suspended after 10 years without a problem for a bogus charge that they have yet to explain to me.
I welcome any and all new auction sites. After 10 years of honest selling to have this happen without an explanation leaves a really bad taste in my mouth.
New start up auction site looking for buyers & sellers. Come on over and help us out by adding some of your things. It's called 'Grannys Ice Auction' & located at: grannysauction.us .
Oh & did I mention it's free?
Hope to see you there :)
katzrmine

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Venture Capital Forum right now

Search the Venture Capital Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Perry Drops 'Vulture Capitalism' from Speech (Jan '12) Sun swedenforever 12
Looking for companies and projects that need ve... (May '06) Jul 21 Caroline 432
The 'Big D's' biggest VC: Jon Bayless on the hu... Jul 15 Bill 1
Clean and Trading OTCBB Shell for Sale - $225k ... (Apr '09) Jun '14 Robert 51
Bain Capital-backed Trinseo files for IPO of up... May '14 Philip Cohen 3
Film Financing Needed (Dec '06) May '14 Diptesh 12
California Technology Ventures Gets Exit An Ang... May '14 Joe 1
•••
•••