'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Full Story
Are You Kidding

Chicago, IL

#46035 Aug 22, 2012
whitehair wrote:
<quoted text>
So totally agree,.Might add Patriotic,and so on,but please do not get upset with some on here.They remind me of those that have a set of ear muffs on,with eye blinders,and refuse to allow any thought of any but their own and the speil of the Party,which ever it may be.
Many such as A.Lady,now yourself,try to see it both ways.
Sorry! I have gotten a little carried away with "wtf". Just tends to infuriate me when they bash EVERYTHING!!! I had actually never said a word about Obama or Clinton not being in the military until "wtf" keeps ranting about Romney. They see only what they want to see.
Are You Kidding

Chicago, IL

#46036 Aug 22, 2012
wtf wrote:
<quoted text>Romney fled to France on a cult Mission ten got 4 more Deferments.
Chickenshit to the core!
Just read up on what all Clinton did to avoid the draft!!!! Clinton was actually considered AWOL for a time because he didn't report.
Are You Kidding

Chicago, IL

#46037 Aug 22, 2012
Hey wrote:
No he was busy getting High in Hawaii on the tax payers dime,Funny if ya think about it..
Started out in Government Housing and is still in Government Housing,LOL!!!
Good one!!! Love it!!!
frank

Oakland, CA

#46038 Aug 22, 2012
Are You Kidding wrote:
<quoted text>
I realize I do in many capacities. I have NEVER relied on the government to support my family.
You mean monetarily? We all rely on our Gov't local, state and national! A country is only as good as it Gov't and its people - no matter what right-wing-fantasies you'll hear about!
Jay

Paris, TN

#46039 Aug 22, 2012
wtf wrote:
<quoted text>Clinton was a Rhodes Scholar.
Romney fled to France on a cult Mission.
What was your excuse?

Oh for cripe sake, wtf, you know as well as anybody that both Obama and Clinton had a choice. They, too, could have enlisted in the military, both in war time and peace time. They didn't go either. I don't care if they were in college. College is not forever, and they could have served had they wanted to. You know this, but you are simply arguing for the sake of an argument. You just like to be PITA, so you keep it up.

However, I will hand you this. You're not as dumb as you pretend to be. I've seen you bring up certain issues. If only you would follow through, you might enter in an informative debate. So stop being a hard-nose, and give us your honest opinion and why you believe that way. Maybe then you wouldn't be flamed for everything you say.

Cheers!

“Eat your weedies?”

Since: Oct 11

Cumberland Mountains

#46040 Aug 22, 2012
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey pooter :)
I "believe" in God ...
AND in the 'spice of life'...
With God ...
we are given the gift of being the Salt of the Earth ...
and I do love my salt :)
As far as spice of life ...
I do love my "beans, taters, and maters" ...
B
U
T
I "do" enjoy a nice 1 3/4 inch (cut) Rib-eye marinated ...
then Grilled to 'perfection' any time I please too !!!
That my friend IS the "SPICE of Life" ...
I don't 'stick' to ONE brand constantly :)
I believe in variety!
Not just the same o, same o ... ;-)
Try iT....
ya just might "like" iT!
Hey AL, Just wanted to mention since you brought up Rib-eyes..
Just put mine on the grill the other day and it came a monsoon. I had no choice but to tend to my grilling.Yep pulled of my shirt and turned my rib-eyes in the pouring rain,and it was pouring!lmao!
So I had Rain-Basted-Rib-eyes!
Just as good as ever if not better and I'm still here no poison rain?
lol!!!! Have to admit I kinda felt like Larry the Cable guy..get'er done! hehehe!
Are You Kidding

Chicago, IL

#46041 Aug 22, 2012
frank wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean monetarily? We all rely on our Gov't local, state and national! A country is only as good as it Gov't and its people - no matter what right-wing-fantasies you'll hear about!
Yes, I do mean monetarily. We do rely on our government for many things which my and everyone elses taxes pay for. I realize we must have government and I appreciate all the many good things it does.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#46042 Aug 22, 2012
Clinton got in "trouble" as a Rhodes Scholar and NEVER finished....
Are You Kidding

Chicago, IL

#46043 Aug 22, 2012
Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh for cripe sake, wtf, you know as well as anybody that both Obama and Clinton had a choice. They, too, could have enlisted in the military, both in war time and peace time. They didn't go either. I don't care if they were in college. College is not forever, and they could have served had they wanted to. You know this, but you are simply arguing for the sake of an argument. You just like to be PITA, so you keep it up.
However, I will hand you this. You're not as dumb as you pretend to be. I've seen you bring up certain issues. If only you would follow through, you might enter in an informative debate. So stop being a hard-nose, and give us your honest opinion and why you believe that way. Maybe then you wouldn't be flamed for everything you say.
Cheers!
I agree totally. I can respect a good debate. I can't stand the name calling such as moron, idiot, dumbass, uneducated, etc.

“Eat your weedies?”

Since: Oct 11

Cumberland Mountains

#46044 Aug 22, 2012
Goin' by memory on this,but I remember sitting in class and the High School Principal calling draft numbers for
Physicals over the intercom.
Plus I recall a lot of griping over some students from well to do families...numbers never seeming to get called.
Then on to college for them and on to Nam for everybody else!
Anybody recall a situation similar to that?
American Lady

Danville, KY

#46045 Aug 22, 2012
this ones for you wrote:
<quoted text>Hey AL, Just wanted to mention since you brought up Rib-eyes..
Just put mine on the grill the other day and it came a monsoon. I had no choice but to tend to my grilling.Yep pulled of my shirt and turned my rib-eyes in the pouring rain,and it was pouring!lmao!
So I had Rain-Basted-Rib-eyes!
Just as good as ever if not better and I'm still here no poison rain?
lol!!!! Have to admit I kinda felt like Larry the Cable guy..get'er done! hehehe!
Has happened to the best of us :)
Ain't nuttin wrong wid LTCG's saying either.....
EXCEPT ...
when in "excess"......

As it's "grilling"....
I pour the marinade on iT!

NO WASTE of nutritional value.....'fwank'
LOVE the taste.....YUM!
frank

Oakland, CA

#46046 Aug 22, 2012
Why the miserable GOPers hate Bill Clinton.
William Jefferson Clinton was president of the United States from 1993 to 2001. The first president born after World War II, the first Democrat since FDR, to be elected to a second term as well as the first to lead in a post-cold-war world. Bill Clinton also became the first elected president to be impeached by an over zealous GOPer leadership, spending 6 years and $80 Million only to be acquitted by the Senate. But Bill Clinton is also likely to go down in history as the president who presided one of the greatest surges in prosperity and innovation in American history, and who helped make the transition from the standoff of the cold war to an era in which American influence was unchallenged. Bill Clinton sought to remake a once-broken Democratic party in a more centrist mold. Beyond balancing the budget for the first time in three decades and overhauling the welfare system, he passed the North American Free Trade Agreement and launched military strikes against Saddam Hussein and Slobodan Milosevic. Bill Clinton today is undoubtedly loved and thought after around the world as no other ex President ever has except maybe JFK!
Are You Kidding

Chicago, IL

#46047 Aug 22, 2012
frank wrote:
William Jefferson Clinton was president of the United States from 1993 to 2001. The first president born after World War II, the first Democrat since FDR, to be elected to a second term as well as the first to lead in a post-cold-war world. Bill Clinton also became the first elected president to be impeached by an over zealous GOPer leadership, spending 6 years and $80 Million only to be acquitted by the Senate. But Bill Clinton is also likely to go down in history as the president who presided one of the greatest surges in prosperity and innovation in American history, and who helped make the transition from the standoff of the cold war to an era in which American influence was unchallenged. Bill Clinton sought to remake a once-broken Democratic party in a more centrist mold. Beyond balancing the budget for the first time in three decades and overhauling the welfare system, he passed the North American Free Trade Agreement and launched military strikes against Saddam Hussein and Slobodan Milosevic. Bill Clinton today is undoubtedly loved and thought after around the world as no other ex President ever has except maybe JFK!
You totally misunderstand. I don't hate Bill Clinton. Don't even dislike him. The only reason I even mentioned Bill Clinton was regarding a poster bashing Romney for not serving in the military. I just pointed out that neither Bill Clinton or Obama served in the military.
You have totally misunderstood. I do not hate Bill Clinton. I have nothing against him. I was just responding to someone who was bashing Romney for not serving in the military. I pointed out that neither Clinton or Obama had served in the military.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#46048 Aug 22, 2012
“Put A Girl In It”

co-written by singer
Rhett Akins...Dallas Davidson...Ben Hayslip

“Put A Girl In It”

You can buy you a brand new truck
Chrome it all out, jack it way up
You can build you a house up high on a hill
With a pool and a pond and a view to kill
You can make all the money in sight
But you aint livin the good life

Til you put a girl in it
You aint got nothin
What's it all worth
Without a little lovin
Put a girl in it
Some huggin and some kissin
If you're world's got somethin missin
Just put a girl in it

You can buy a boat and a shiny set of skis
Have some fun in the sun, float around in the breeze
You can lay out on a blanket by the lake
Drink a cold beer, polish off another day
Kick on back and watch the sky turn red
A sunset aint a sunset

Til you put a girl in it
You aint got nothin
What's it all worth
Without a little lovin
Put a girl in it
Just put a girl in it

You can write you a country song
The DJ wont put it on
They wont dance or sing along

Til you put a girl in it
You aint got nothin
What's it all worth
Without a little lovin
Put a girl in it
Just put a girl in it

If you're ridin in your truck
Put a girl in it

If you're gonna have a party
Put a girl in it

If you wanna live the good life
Better put a gir-r-rl in it
==========
The "core" of the 'most' "manly mans" happiness ...

WHY?

This "song" rings TRUE, doesn't iT?

It's "natural" ...
That is WHY.
The way God "planned" iT ...

WARS have been fought because of iT!
No?

Eh......
Jay

Paris, TN

#46049 Aug 22, 2012
this ones for you wrote:
Goin' by memory on this,but I remember sitting in class and the High School Principal calling draft numbers for
Physicals over the intercom.
Plus I recall a lot of griping over some students from well to do families...numbers never seeming to get called.
Then on to college for them and on to Nam for everybody else!
Anybody recall a situation similar to that?

Wow! tofy - never heard of anybody being called over a school intercom. But I do remember during Desert Storm, the kids all talking about it and many of them worried they would have to go.

Ya know, the very wealthy during the Civil War,(however) could pay for someone to replace their wealthy kid. Wasn't it called "conscription" or do I have the wrong word? Anyway, poor southern and some northern families would get offers from the wealthy to go to war in place of their sons. At this time so many were poor dirt farmers that they accepted. The bounty paid by the gov't, plus the extra money could help keep the family farm going while the boys were away. Many never came back, as you know, and one of our CW great-grandfather's served like this, but during the battle of Nashville, got dysentery and came home after he was discharged only to die a couple of years later, leaving three little kids. I digress, but there are all kinds of issues like this....not much has changed if you have the money to buy yourself out, me thinks.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#46050 Aug 22, 2012
WHEN a person figures out...
WHAT his/her priorities are...
You will begin to see the light...
of where you WANT to stand on
"Political Issues"

Regardless of party!

For a person who has "known NO sorrow" ...
THAT is hard to DO!(Get your priorities straight)
Once one does, they begin to "soul search" to figure...X...to TRY to "figure out" WHAT life is about! This sometimes takes years.....

Soooooo..."pour iT on iT" ...
and GET those priorities straight :)
Hey

Ashland, KY

#46051 Aug 22, 2012
I would bet that Clinton got away with a lot more than the public knows. One of the networks did finally run that story about Clinton raping some woman, biting her face and lips severely, but they carefully timed it to run after the election. The real Bill Clinton was a rapist and abuser of power, a liar and phony, and the only pain he ever felt was his own.

I admit that he governed as a centrist, stealing most of his ideas from a forward-thinking Republican agenda, but he didn't originate those centrist ideas. He stole them in typical Clinton fashion. Clinton's damage has been his leftist appointments to the judiciary.

If it had not been for the anomaly of Ross Perot, we would never have had to endure Clinton. Clinton's re-election occurred because of the power of incumbency, but even then, he did not get a majority of the popular vote.

In light of President Obama's comments at a White House press conference on Aug. 20, 2012, condemning rape and efforts at "qualifying forcible rape versus non-forcible rape," we the undersigned respectfully urge Pres. Obama to uphold his own standard of condemning sexual abuse of women by disinviting former Pres. Bill Clinton from the upcoming Democratic party convention. Mr. Clinton has a history of abusing women. He has been credibly accused of raping Juanita Broaddrick when he was Arkansas Attorney General, according to reports by NBC News and the Wall Street Journal. Mr. Clinton has been accused by numerous women of exposing himself and unwanted sexual touching when he was Governor and President. Mr. Clinton was disbarred for lying about his sexual assaults. He is unfit for the DNC.
Tea Party Republican

Abingdon, VA

#46052 Aug 22, 2012
PHS wrote:
<quoted text>That stupid comment about taxes and the right wing nut argument that FDR did not save the US from the Depression?
Lmfao
People were starving in the Streets thanks to the inept Hoover and Republican greed.
You idiots always try to rewrite history.
No little Highschool child, FDR nor the new deal nor the WPA saved the US from the Great Depression! Hoover did not cause it, 8 years of Wilsons Progressive Democrats did! Hoover just got the blame! He had been in office less than a year when it happened! Some of FDR's programs helped a little but WWII got America out of the Great Depression, read your history book a bit more! Glad to see a young person that knows as much as you do, that is unusual. Proud of the fact you know who FDR and Hoover are! Good job, just look into it some more.
Tea Party Republican

Abingdon, VA

#46053 Aug 22, 2012
frank wrote:
Frank, that was allmost good! Why do you see NAFTA as a good thing, I've got to know? It has cost America 85% of factory jobs since he signed it in 93! That's a fact, not a Republican lie; anyone on here can google it! Some things he did were good, and I will give you that. I can not understand why you support NAFTA, unless you are in Wal-Mart Mgmt? Are you Frank?
American Lady

Danville, KY

#46054 Aug 22, 2012
Procol Harum - Conquistador - live with Edmonton Symphony Orchestra

"Conquistador"

Lyrics to Conquistador :
(Brooker / Reid)

Conquistador your stallion stands
in need of company
and like some angel's haloed brow
you reek of purity
I see your armour-plated breast
has long since lost its sheen
and in your death mask face
there are no signs which can be seen
And though I hoped for something
to find
I could see no maze to unwind
Conquistador a vulture sits
upon your silver shield
and in your rusty scabbard now
the sand has taken seed
and though your jewel-encrusted blade
has not been plundered still
the sea has washed across your face
and taken of its fill
to find
Conquistador there is no time
I must pay my respect
and though I came to jeer at you
I leave now with regret
and as the gloom begins to fall
I see there is no, only all
and though you came with sword held high
you did not conquer, only die
to find

[ These are Conquistador Lyrics on http://www.lyricsmania.com/ ]

PROCOL HARUM
HSAS - A Whiter Shade Of Pale .(Vinyl 7' Single. Side A 1/2)...(Brooker / Reid)
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

"A Whiter Shade Of Pale

We skipped the light fandango
turned cartwheels 'cross the floor
I was feeling kinda seasick
but the crowd called out for more
The room was humming harder
as the ceiling flew away
When we called out for another drink
the waiter brought a tray
And so it was that later
as the miller told his tale
that her face, at first just ghostly,
turned a whiter shade of pale
She said,'There is no reason
and the truth is plain to see.'
But I wandered through my playing cards
and would not let her be
one of sixteen vestal virgins
who were leaving for the coast
and although my eyes were open
they might have just as well've been closed
She said,'I'm home on shore leave,'
though in truth we were at sea
so I took her by the looking glass
and forced her to agree
saying,'You must be the mermaid
who took Neptune for a ride.'
But she smiled at me so sadly
that my anger straightway died
If music be the food of love
then laughter is its queen
and likewise if behind is in front
then dirt in truth is clean
My mouth by then like cardboard
seemed to slip straight through my head
So we crash-dived straightway quickly
and attacked the ocean bed

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Republican Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 15 min Subduction Zone 149,411
Illinois Congressman repays Uncle Sam for redec... 29 min OId Sailor 4
Split over - tactics' is to blame for DHS fundi... 43 min Who Guessed It 2
This Is What Immigration Limbo Looks Like 43 min wild child 1
Obama Calls for Two Years of Free Community Col... 57 min barry 1,252
GOP hopefuls run the gauntlet at CPAC 1 hr barefoot2626 7
Homeland Security funding drama darkens U.S. fi... 1 hr Who Guessed It 29
More from around the web