Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
27,941 - 27,960 of 114,555 Comments Last updated 48 min ago

“I Am No One To Be Trifled With”

Since: Jun 09

Dread Pirate Roberts

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2012

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
No there is not. First, we know there is life on a planet, therefore we know that life can exist on a planet. Therefore life existing on other planets is possible and highly probable given the sheer number of planets out there.
We don't know that any god has ever existed, and the bible is demonstrably wrong on most of it's claims, so there is no chance of the god described in the bible being true. Not to mention that the god described has so many paradoxes it would be a mess of a creature.
You like assuming a lot. And once again misinterpreting things to suit your view. That's fine.

But once again I agree evolution does exist, because vampires, werewolves and zombies are examples of evolution. Imagine if they didn't exist? Evolutionists would be messed up.

Dread Pirate Roberts

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2012

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Name one prophecy that is fact.
Jesus.

“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2012

Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
The blue whale (Balaenoptera musculus) is a marine mammal belonging to the suborder of baleen whales (called Mysticeti).[3] At 30 metres (98 ft)[4] in length and 180 metric tons (200 short tons)[5] or more in weight, it is the largest known animal to have ever existed.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_whale
My point exatly.

Even the great aquatic reptiles during the Mesozoic were alot smaller than Big Blue.

There are speculations that a certain saurapod dinosaur *may* have outweighed the Blue Whale - however, the fossil that was found was far too small to accurately guess the size of the animal.

Personally, I think that 160 metric tonnes is an impossibility for creatures walking on land, however I would believe it if the fossil can be found to verify it.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2012

Knightmare wrote:
<quoted text>
Ain't that the truth...all those mammoths couldn't afford all that wooly fur so they shed it and downsized...
Elephants still have hair left, they don't need the heavy fur coats anymore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2012

Knightmare wrote:
<quoted text>
Based on analysis of the vertebrae and comparison with smaller, better-known titanosaurs, the paleontologist believes the new find was 115 to 131 feet (35 to 40 meters) long and weighed between 88 and 110 tons (80 and 100 metric tons).
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2006/...
Er...my animal is bigger...{somehow that just didn't sound right...}
That is a massive, massive animal.

Argentinasaurus, Seismosaurus, Titanosaurus, Sauraposeidon, Brachiosaurus - even the smaller species would weigh in excess of 60 tonnes.

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2012

Knightmare wrote:
Why did animals go from being giants to the size they are now?
They didn't. Some got larger, some got smaller. Their sizes changed as the environments they lived in changed. It is called evolution.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2012

Knightmare wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus.
Written after the fact and based on nothing but hearsay and conjecture. That is not a prophecy it is a circus of clowns.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2012

Knightmare wrote:
<quoted text>
You like assuming a lot. And once again misinterpreting things to suit your view. That's fine.
But once again I agree evolution does exist, because vampires, werewolves and zombies are examples of evolution. Imagine if they didn't exist? Evolutionists would be messed up.
Do you actually believe in vampires, werewolves, and *snicker* zombies?

Dread Pirate Roberts

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2012

http://www.6000years.org/frame.php...

The Alvis Delk Track

This spectacular fossil footprint was found in July of 2000 by amateur archaeologist, Alvis Delk of Stephenville, Texas and is now on display at the Creation Evidence Museum, Glen Rose, TX. Mr. Delk found the loose slab against the bank of the Paluxy River, about one mile north of Dinosaur Valley State Park. He flipped over the rock and saw an excellent dinosaur track, so he took it home where it sat in his living room for years, with hundreds of other fossils.

Early in 2008 he had a devastating accident. He fell off of a roof incurring damage that required months of hospitalization. He still has a dangerous blood clot in his brain. When he returned to his home, he decided he would sell the dinosaur track, thinking Dr. Carl Baugh of the nearby Creation Evidence Museum would pay a few hundred dollars for it. He began to clean the rock, and that was when he discovered the fossil human footprint underneath the dried clay! The human footprint had been made first, and shortly thereafter (before the mud turned to stone), a dinosaur stepped in the mud with its middle toe stepping on top of the human track. You can actually see the displaced mud from the dinosaur's middle toe inside the human footprint. Spiral CT scans are used to generate images of the inside of an object from a large series of two-dimensional X-ray images taken around a single axis of rotation. This technology provides an effective means of analyzing fossil footprints without physically destroying them. It allows us to see inside the rock, specifically, under the footprint.

Dread Pirate Roberts

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2012

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Written after the fact and based on nothing but hearsay and conjecture. That is not a prophecy it is a circus of clowns.
Actually written before the fact. Check the Old Testament.

Dread Pirate Roberts

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2012

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
They didn't. Some got larger, some got smaller. Their sizes changed as the environments they lived in changed. It is called evolution.
Ummm...

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2012

Knightmare wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually written before the fact. Check the Old Testament.
Old testament was was still written after the fact.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Since: Feb 09

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2012

Knightmare wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus.
You can't be serious. Name one prophecy in the OT that correctly and accurately and completely foretold Jesus.

Christians often assert alleged inspiration of the Bible is proven by accurate prophecies contained therein. Yet, any reasonably objective analysis of the Book will expose many inaccurate predictions. Generally speaking, prophetic failures can be grouped into three separate categories: Those which were fulfilled in a manner different from that promised, those which have never occurred, and New Testament references to Old Testament prophecies that don't exist. Besides Jesus' inaccurate predictions with respect to the cock crowing, the attainment of paradise by the thief on the cross, and the similarity in time between His internment and Jonah's period in the whale. the following falsehoods could be mentioned.

In Genesis 2:17 God told Adam.

Gen. 2:17 "But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die." Yet, Adam ate the fruit and did not die that day. In fact, he lived to be 930 years old (Gen. 5:5). If a spiritual, as opposed to a physical, death was intended, as apologists allege, then why wouldn't this be true of what Nathan told David in 2 Samual 12:14. David had sinned against God and Nathan said:

2 Samual 12:14 "Howbeit, because by this deed thou hast given great occasion to the enemies of the LORD to blaspheme, the child also that is born unto thee shall surely die." Verse 18 clearly shows that the child died physically, not spiritually, shortly thereafter.[Which also goes against Deut. 24:16.]

Unless the context shows a verse should be given a spiritual interpretation, we should adhere to a literal approach. The well-known apologist W. Arndt aptly stated: "It must be remembered that a deviation from the literal sense is not justified unless the Scriptures themselves prescribe such a course." Bible Difficulties, W. Arndt, p. 133.

Another inaccurate prophecy is found in Genesis 28:13:Gen. 28:13 "...I am the LORD God of Abraham thy father, and the God of Isaac: the land whereon thou liest, to thee will I give it, and to thy seed." Jacob never received the promise land and it is questionable whether the spot on which he lay ever came into the possession of his decendants.

In Genesis 35:10 God said to Jacob:

Gen. 35:10 "And God said unto him, Thy name is Jacob: thy name shall not be called any more Jacob, but Israel shall be thy name: and he called his name Israel"

Yet, just 11 chapters later the text says:

Gen. 46:2 "And God spake unto Israel in the visions of the night, and said, Jacob, Jacob. And he said, Here am I."

A concluding false prophecy among the scores of available is found in Deuteronomy 23:

Deut. 23:3 "An Ammonite or Moabite shall not enter into the congregation of the LORD; even to their tenth generation shall they not enter into the congregation of the LORD for ever."

Ruth a Moabitess, not only entered the congregation of the Lord as Ruth 1:4, 1:22, 4:13, 4:17 show but gave birth to the ancestors of David and Jesus.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2012

Knightmare wrote:
http://www.6000years.org/frame .php?page=dinosaurs
The Alvis Delk Track
This spectacular fossil footprint was found in July of 2000 by amateur archaeologist, Alvis Delk of Stephenville, Texas and is now on display at ..........
You're one of "those" YECs. Let's just pretend that all the artifact stuff is actually dinos, why are there no human and dino bones in the same strata?

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2012

Knightmare wrote:
http://www.6000years.org/frame .php?page=dinosaurs
The Alvis Delk Track
This spectacular fossil footprint was found in July of 2000 by amateur archaeologist, Alvis Delk of Stephenville, Texas and is now on display at the Creation Evidence Museum, Glen Rose, TX. Mr. Delk found the loose slab against the bank of the Paluxy River, about one mile north of Dinosaur Valley State Park. He flipped over the rock and saw an excellent dinosaur track, so he took it home where it sat in his living room for years, with hundreds of other fossils.
Early in 2008 he had a devastating accident. He fell off of a roof incurring damage that required months of hospitalization. He still has a dangerous blood clot in his brain. When he returned to his home, he decided he would sell the dinosaur track, thinking Dr. Carl Baugh of the nearby Creation Evidence Museum would pay a few hundred dollars for it. He began to clean the rock, and that was when he discovered the fossil human footprint underneath the dried clay! The human footprint had been made first, and shortly thereafter (before the mud turned to stone), a dinosaur stepped in the mud with its middle toe stepping on top of the human track. You can actually see the displaced mud from the dinosaur's middle toe inside the human footprint. Spiral CT scans are used to generate images of the inside of an object from a large series of two-dimensional X-ray images taken around a single axis of rotation. This technology provides an effective means of analyzing fossil footprints without physically destroying them. It allows us to see inside the rock, specifically, under the footprint.
Sheesh!!! Knightmare, you'll fall for anything, won't you?

http://paleo.cc/paluxy/delk.htm

It took the guy EIGHT YEARS to notice an obvious footprint? Can you spell 'hoax'?

Dread Pirate Roberts

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2012

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Old testament was was still written after the fact.
Nope. Not even close. Any scholar knows this.

You like living in fantasy kittyland don't you?

http://newsfeed.time.com/2012/05/30/a-day-in-...

It’s still unclear what caused Eugene’s cannibalistic attack on Poppo, but the gruesome assault lasted 18 minutes, as captured on a surveillance camera mounted on the Miami Herald’s downtown headquarters. A naked Eugene is seen just out of the frame, wrestling with Poppo to try to strip off his clothes. He then launched a vicious, pit bull-like attack on the homeless man, tearing at the man’s eyes, nose and mouth. Police say that more than 75 percent of Poppo’s face was gnawed off in the attack that has garnered Eugene nicknames like the “Miami Zombie,” and the “Causeway Cannibal.”

Told you zombies existed.

Dread Pirate Roberts

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2012

MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Sheesh!!! Knightmare, you'll fall for anything, won't you?
http://paleo.cc/paluxy/delk.htm
It took the guy EIGHT YEARS to notice an obvious footprint? Can you spell 'hoax'?
To be fair evolution itself is pretty...well, is in the category of "anything".

Dread Pirate Roberts

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2012

Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't be serious. Name one prophecy in the OT that correctly and accurately and completely foretold Jesus.
Christians often assert alleged inspiration of the Bible is proven by accurate prophecies contained therein. Yet, any reasonably objective analysis of the Book will expose many inaccurate predictions. Generally speaking, prophetic failures can be grouped into three separate categories: Those which were fulfilled in a manner different from that promised, those which have never occurred, and New Testament references to Old Testament prophecies that don't exist. Besides Jesus' inaccurate predictions with respect to the cock crowing, the attainment of paradise by the thief on the cross, and the similarity in time between His internment and Jonah's period in the whale. the following falsehoods could be mentioned.
In Genesis 2:17 God told Adam.
Gen. 2:17 "But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die." Yet, Adam ate the fruit and did not die that day. In fact, he lived to be 930 years old (Gen. 5:5). If a spiritual, as opposed to a physical, death was intended, as apologists allege, then why wouldn't this be true of what Nathan told David in 2 Samual 12:14. David had sinned against God and Nathan said:
2 Samual 12:14 "Howbeit, because by this deed thou hast given great occasion to the enemies of the LORD to blaspheme, the child also that is born unto thee shall surely die." Verse 18 clearly shows that the child died physically, not spiritually, shortly thereafter.[Which also goes against Deut. 24:16.]
Unless the context shows a verse should be given a spiritual interpretation, we should adhere to a literal approach. The well-known apologist W. Arndt aptly stated: "It must be remembered that a deviation from the literal sense is not justified unless the Scriptures themselves prescribe such a course." Bible Difficulties, W. Arndt, p. 133.
Another inaccurate prophecy is found in Genesis 28:13:Gen. 28:13 "...I am the LORD God of Abraham thy father, and the God of Isaac: the land whereon thou liest, to thee will I give it, and to thy seed." Jacob never received the promise land and it is questionable whether the spot on which he lay ever came into the possession of his decendants.
In Genesis 35:10 God said to Jacob:
Gen. 35:10 "And God said unto him, Thy name is Jacob: thy name shall not be called any more Jacob, but Israel shall be thy name: and he called his name Israel"
Yet, just 11 chapters later the text says:
Gen. 46:2 "And God spake unto Israel in the visions of the night, and said, Jacob, Jacob. And he said, Here am I."
A concluding false prophecy among the scores of available is found in Deuteronomy 23:
Deut. 23:3 "An Ammonite or Moabite shall not enter into the congregation of the LORD; even to their tenth generation shall they not enter into the congregation of the LORD for ever."
Ruth a Moabitess, not only entered the congregation of the Lord as Ruth 1:4, 1:22, 4:13, 4:17 show but gave birth to the ancestors of David and Jesus.
That last one concerning Ruth? Shows the depth of redemption God is willing to go.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2012

Knightmare wrote:
<quoted text>
To be fair evolution itself is pretty...well, is in the category of "anything".
To be fair, you haven't any idea what you're talking about.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2012

Knightmare wrote:
<quoted text>
Based on analysis of the vertebrae and comparison with smaller, better-known titanosaurs, the paleontologist believes the new find was 115 to 131 feet (35 to 40 meters) long and weighed between 88 and 110 tons (80 and 100 metric tons).
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2006/...
Er...my animal is bigger...{somehow that just didn't sound right...}
The aforementioned Blue Whale is almost double the weight.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••