Call for arrest of watch captain who shot kid

Mar 19, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: New York Daily News

ORLANDO, Fla. -- College students around Florida rallied Monday to demand the arrest of a white neighborhood watch captain who shot an unarmed black teen last month, though authorities may be hamstrung by a state law that allows people to defend themselves with deadly force.

Comments (Page 507)

Showing posts 10,121 - 10,140 of29,903
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: May 08

Deltona Fla

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10942
Apr 28, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Undefinable wrote:
Zimmerman's Lawsuit Against Al Sharpton and NBC
NBC will likely also be found liable to Zimmerman for IIED because a producuer who admittedly altered an audio recording to make it look like Zimmerman harbored racial prejudices against Blacks.
The result made all of America believe that George Zimmerman was the most wretched racist on the planet.
Again, this sort of behavior is wholly unacceptable in a society that values established due process and the search for the truth.
This act, combined with Sharpton's incessant race-baiting no doubt caused Zimmerman intense emotional pain.
Lots of luck with that one. Just a bunch of rhetorical spin.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10943
Apr 28, 2012
 

Judged:

3

2

2

Zimmerman's Lawsuit Against Al Sharpton and NBC

The common law elements of defamation are 1) a false statement, 2) about or concerning the plaintiff, 3) communicated to a third person, and 4) damage to the plaintiff's reputation.

While it's generally held that defamatory speech is slander and written communications are libel, where the speech is recorded and widely available, the proper claim is libel, which is held to be the more serious of the two as video recordings become permanent because they are ubiquitously reproduced and shared across the Internet via social networking.

Clearly, Al Sharpton repeatedly told people that Trayvon Martin was murdered by a racist and that George Zimmerman should be held responsible. As we are finding out, there was no racially motivated murder here. Sharpton's statements on MSNBC and at the numerous rallies he appeared at were patently false, and they were clearly about George Zimmerman.

The damage to George Zimmerman's reputation is grave. He's been branded a racist child murder by Sharpton. He had to quit his job and leave his community because of the damage done to his reputation.

While Sharpton's employer, NBC, would normally not be liable for Sharpton's intentional torts, they certainly could be held responsible for his behavior under a negligence theory.

If NBC knew, or should have known, that Sharpton's on-air race-baiting and vitriolic conjecture would lead to the destruction of George Zimmerman's reputation, and did nothing to prevent Sharpton from harming Zimmerman, NBC will also be looking at a negligence action.

An invasion of privacy claim will stand against NBC because of the altering of the audio tape.

The publication of the audio placing George Zimmerman in a false light that is offensive to a reasonable person under the circumstances, and satisfies the main elements of a false light invasion of privacy claim.

Because the producer has reportedly admitted to altering the audio to make the story seem like a hate crime, there will be little problem with establishing intent here.

Because this is a story of public interest, Zimmerman will have to show that it was done with malice.

What could be more malicious than deliberately portraying someone as a racist child killer without a shred of proof?

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10944
Apr 28, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Undefinable wrote:
The result made all of America believe that George Zimmerman was the most wretched racist on the planet.
Poor Lying *t: since one American out of a couple hundred Americans even watch NBC News and certainly only a fraction of them saw this broadcast, it's a bit of a flying leap for you to say all of America thinks Zimmerman is a racist based on this one broadcast.

Especially since most of America thinks Zimmerman is a racist because he jumped out of his truck and confronted this boy because Zimmerman didn't like black folk walking through "his" neighborhood.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10945
Apr 28, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Undefinable wrote:
If Zimmerman has been treated by a physician for any kind of emotional trauma
RIGHT... maybe that is why Zimmerman was balling his eyes out the entire time he was in jail, thinking about what Al Sharpton was saying...

Since: May 08

Deltona Fla

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10946
Apr 28, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Undefinable wrote:
Zimmerman's Lawsuit Against Al Sharpton and NBC
The common law elements of defamation are 1) a false statement, 2) about or concerning the plaintiff, 3) communicated to a third person, and 4) damage to the plaintiff's reputation.
While it's generally held that defamatory speech is slander and written communications are libel, where the speech is recorded and widely available, the proper claim is libel, which is held to be the more serious of the two as video recordings become permanent because they are ubiquitously reproduced and shared across the Internet via social networking.
Clearly, Al Sharpton repeatedly told people that Trayvon Martin was murdered by a racist and that George Zimmerman should be held responsible. As we are finding out, there was no racially motivated murder here. Sharpton's statements on MSNBC and at the numerous rallies he appeared at were patently false, and they were clearly about George Zimmerman.
The damage to George Zimmerman's reputation is grave. He's been branded a racist child murder by Sharpton. He had to quit his job and leave his community because of the damage done to his reputation.
While Sharpton's employer, NBC, would normally not be liable for Sharpton's intentional torts, they certainly could be held responsible for his behavior under a negligence theory.
If NBC knew, or should have known, that Sharpton's on-air race-baiting and vitriolic conjecture would lead to the destruction of George Zimmerman's reputation, and did nothing to prevent Sharpton from harming Zimmerman, NBC will also be looking at a negligence action.
An invasion of privacy claim will stand against NBC because of the altering of the audio tape.
The publication of the audio placing George Zimmerman in a false light that is offensive to a reasonable person under the circumstances, and satisfies the main elements of a false light invasion of privacy claim.
Because the producer has reportedly admitted to altering the audio to make the story seem like a hate crime, there will be little problem with establishing intent here.
Because this is a story of public interest, Zimmerman will have to show that it was done with malice.
What could be more malicious than deliberately portraying someone as a racist child killer without a shred of proof?
Who writes this crap for you?
the rest of us

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10947
Apr 28, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, ScrotumSniff, many agree with everything he says.
And the people who agree with you go to summer camp in Idaho and march in formation, holding one arm out in front of them.
No bareass fool only YOU as the more vile twin of swampturd agrees with him. Any sane person could look at the judge its to see this.
But you two are not sane, that's the frightening thing. You are more angry and vile and he is dumber but you're both examples of extreme delusion.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10948
Apr 28, 2012
 

Judged:

4

2

2

Zimmerman's Lawsuit Against the Martin family attorney whose professional malpractice brought a nation to the precipice of a race riot.

It was attorney Benjamin Crump who contacted Al Sharpton.

Crump called Sharpton after trying to intimidate Sheriff Lee into arresting Zimmerman for the murder of Trayvon Martin.

When Crump realized he wasn't going to be able to bring a wrongful death suit against the city or county (his specialty by the way is suing state and local governments), Crump decided to invent a racial controversy in order to force the Sanford Police Department into a settlement.

Benjamin Crump manufactured outrage over a hate crime that was itself manufactured. This is negligence of the worst sort. It's willful.

As an attorney, Benjamin Crump has a duty to adhere to the principles of law. If you don't have a merit-based case, the law holds you have no case.

It is malpractice to invent knowingly invent one. The harm caused by Crump's breach of duty is mind-numbing.

There were death threats to Zimmerman and his family from militant Black racists.

There were retaliatory killings of White people.

All of this on top of the injury to George Zimmerman.

He has lost everything for no other reason than a greedy attorney wanted to shake down the police for money.
Hoot

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10949
Apr 28, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Undefinable wrote:
<quoted text>
As I clearly stated the judge issued a bail that would require Zimmerman to come up with 15 thousand cash, a paltry amount.
10% of 150k = 15k which is significantly lower then the 1 million dollar amount the prosecution wanted at the very least.
The prosecution did not want bail to be given at all but they looked like fools at the hearing and could no substantiate any of the claims in their probable cause affidavit with evidence, lol
The lead detective, the one whose signature was on the affidavit even admitted under oath that he did not write the affidavit of probable cause and could not explain the choice of wording and the evidence to back it up, lol
Legal experts have called the prosecutions affidavit "criminal" in its self and said Corey should be shopping for her own defence attorney after viewing the bail hearing.
Legally the judge could not refuse Zimmerman bail, there were no grounds to do that even though the haters wanted it, it's not about what they want but the law...apparently a foreign concepts to barefoot.

Cory AGAIN overcharged like she did with the 11 year old little kid. He was Hispanic too. I wonder what Corey's problem is and with who.
1 post removed

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10951
Apr 28, 2012
 

Judged:

3

2

2

Go Blue wrote:
<quoted text>I will even go a step further, with you on this....if George, had not had his gun, i am sure Trayvon would have continued bashing his head on the sidewalk, till he was dead.....and i would speculate, if he could have made it back, unnoticed to his dad, Tracy Martin, would'nt have not hessitated a minute, in getting him back to Miami, as fast as he could.....
I agree. Trayvon's parents clearly did not address his inappropriate behaviors in the past, which were escalating with each suspension. I am also still very suspicious of Tracy Martin because of his lies and his failure to look for his minor son who did not come home when expected. I would like to know a timeline of when Tracy and/or Trayvon visited the shack-up, and how it fits in with the timeline of the break-ins in the neighborhood.
1 post removed
remember

Oviedo, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10953
Apr 28, 2012
 

Judged:

1

swampmudd wrote:
<quoted text>Who writes this crap for you?
Probably Chris Francescani.
remember

Oviedo, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10954
Apr 28, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Bill Hilly wrote:
<quoted text>
Well you would know........
Any Local Prosecutor that would waste Taxpayers money to try this case should have their head examined after they are run out of office.
Yeah right LMAO. Norm Wolfinger, the local States Attorney (prosecutor) is the reason this case is such a mess. The Governor of Florida and the Attorney General yanked his butt off the case for some, cough, unknown reason. And he's decided to leave office after this term.

You're a real genius aren't you?

“Uzi Does It”

Since: Nov 08

UZILAND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10955
Apr 28, 2012
 
Undefinable wrote:
<quoted text>

I believe according to the law the next step in the Zimmerman trial will be a special evidentiary hearing that a Florida defendant who claims self defense is entitled to.
Your beliefs are wrong. He's being prosecuted because he doesn't have immunity from prosecution, basic math there buddy.

Since: May 08

Deltona Fla

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10956
Apr 28, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

remember wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah right LMAO. Norm Wolfinger, the local States Attorney (prosecutor) is the reason this case is such a mess. The Governor of Florida and the Attorney General yanked his butt off the case for some, cough, unknown reason. And he's decided to leave office after this term.
You're a real genius aren't you?
Time fo that Mo to Go.
Sallyomally

Oviedo, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10957
Apr 28, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Undefinable wrote:
Zimmerman's Lawsuit Against Al Sharpton and NBC
The common law elements of defamation are 1) a false statement, 2) about or concerning the plaintiff, 3) communicated to a third person, and 4) damage to the plaintiff's reputation.
While it's generally held that defamatory speech is slander and written communications are libel, where the speech is recorded and widely available, the proper claim is libel, which is held to be the more serious of the two as video recordings become permanent because they are ubiquitously reproduced and shared across the Internet via social networking.
Clearly, Al Sharpton repeatedly told people that Trayvon Martin was murdered by a racist and that George Zimmerman should be held responsible. As we are finding out, there was no racially motivated murder here. Sharpton's statements on MSNBC and at the numerous rallies he appeared at were patently false, and they were clearly about George Zimmerman.
The damage to George Zimmerman's reputation is grave. He's been branded a racist child murder by Sharpton. He had to quit his job and leave his community because of the damage done to his reputation.
While Sharpton's employer, NBC, would normally not be liable for Sharpton's intentional torts, they certainly could be held responsible for his behavior under a negligence theory.
If NBC knew, or should have known, that Sharpton's on-air race-baiting and vitriolic conjecture would lead to the destruction of George Zimmerman's reputation, and did nothing to prevent Sharpton from harming Zimmerman, NBC will also be looking at a negligence action.
An invasion of privacy claim will stand against NBC because of the altering of the audio tape.
The publication of the audio placing George Zimmerman in a false light that is offensive to a reasonable person under the circumstances, and satisfies the main elements of a false light invasion of privacy claim.
Because the producer has reportedly admitted to altering the audio to make the story seem like a hate crime, there will be little problem with establishing intent here.
Because this is a story of public interest, Zimmerman will have to show that it was done with malice.
What could be more malicious than deliberately portraying someone as a racist child killer without a shred of proof?
Like I said before I was on a live chat with Otlando Sentinel a week or so ago. I brought up the misleading pictures of T as others did. Another thing I said was I really hope GZ sues NBC for their editing of his call. The OS Producer replied: "Sue them for what? The employee was fired and an apology issued".

If only it were that simple.

Since: May 08

Deltona Fla

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10958
Apr 28, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Sallyomally wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said before I was on a live chat with Otlando Sentinel a week or so ago. I brought up the misleading pictures of T as others did. Another thing I said was I really hope GZ sues NBC for their editing of his call. The OS Producer replied: "Sue them for what? The employee was fired and an apology issued".
If only it were that simple.
I love how NBC is the bad guy when those were the only pictures available and every news network including Fox was showing them. But since NBC owns MSNBC......

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10959
Apr 28, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

1

the rest of us wrote:
<quoted text>
No bareass fool only YOU as the more vile twin of swampturd agrees with him.
You just told us no one agreed with him, ScrotumSniff, and it seems now that the only person that agrees with anything you say is the guy pressing his his belt buckle up to your forehead while you comb his pubic hairs with your mustache.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10960
Apr 28, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Tired of Silly wrote:
I agree. Trayvon's parents
Zimmerman's parents turned out a racist killer and his daddy used his position as a judge to get his boy out of trouble running back to his sealed records as a juvenile.

And displayed in zimmerman's history of violence.

The real question in this case- not yet revealed- is what Zimmerman's daddy said to Sheriff Billy the night Zimmerman shot and killed an unarmed teenager.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10961
Apr 28, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Most Americans, BTW, understand that the parents aren't the ones on trial, nor is the boy Zimmerman shot and killed in a fit of rage.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10962
Apr 28, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Sallyomally wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said before I was on a live chat with Otlando Sentinel a week
Yeah, no one cares.

Let me know if the Sentinel gets on the jury, or if a liar such as yourself is called before the court to give hearsay evidence.
Sallyomally

Oviedo, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10963
Apr 28, 2012
 
barefoot2626 wrote:
Most Americans, BTW, understand that the parents aren't the ones on trial, nor is the boy Zimmerman shot and killed in a fit of rage.
Neither is GZ's father. You can't have it both ways.

Didn't you mean to say "murdered" that goes better with "rage". Drama Queen.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 10,121 - 10,140 of29,903
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••