House GOP wants to cut food stamps in drive to protect Pentagon from big federal budget cuts

Apr 17, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Washington Post

16, 2012, file photo House Budget Committee Chairman Rep. Paul Ryan, R-Wis., holds up a copy of President Barack Obama's fiscal 2013 federal budget during the budget committee's hearing on Capitol Hill in Washington.

Comments
6,061 - 6,080 of 6,938 Comments Last updated Mar 1, 2013

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#6467 May 30, 2012
Epicurus wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry Skippy - I do not accept superstition, organized or otherwise.
The only thing that is TRUE about religions is... all are FALSE.
Here is a interesting video, by America's Best Christian no less!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =OFkeKKszXTwXX
==========
Despite the satire it leaves marriage as between male and female. Else NONE of it would make any sense.

“Hop On Board!!!”

Since: Oct 11

America, Canada, Mexico

#6468 May 30, 2012
WMCOL wrote:
<quoted text>
==========
Despite the satire it leaves marriage as between male and female. Else NONE of it would make any sense.
A 50% divorce rate amongst heterosexuals in the USA doesnt make sense.

Location hidden

#6469 May 30, 2012
LocalBoy wrote:
<quoted text>To be against Republicanism is to be anti American.
The United States Constitution is a demand for Republicanism, its the law.
==========

And the kind of "Republicanism" this nation chose is representative democracy and enumerated it in our Constitution.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#6470 May 30, 2012
USMail XXXII wrote:
<quoted text> You sound like you put on a gay pair of nuts. Try again...
You sound like an idiot barking up the wrong tree....

Location hidden

#6471 May 30, 2012
The Short_Bus Driver wrote:
<quoted text>
A 50% divorce rate amongst heterosexuals in the USA doesnt make sense.
==========
It's above fifty-percent in some states, like Oklahoma, but despite it, marriage is still between male and female.

If the definition of marriage is destroyed there would be NO divorce because there would be no marriage, but a mirage, something that appears to be but is not.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Location hidden

#6472 May 30, 2012
REWBA wrote:
<quoted text>
Like the facts that Romney is for everything he used to be against and against everything he used to be for?
Facts are a funny thing. They don't kiss you ass. They just show the truth and the truth is, you don't even know the candidate you support.
Name any issue, any issue at all, and Romney is on record of being for and against all of them...depending on the audience he's speaking to.
Polls are not facts....They're opinion polls.....They are part of the cheerleader factions of each side........

Location hidden

#6473 May 30, 2012
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>Polls are not facts....They're opinion polls.....They are part of the cheerleader factions of each side........
==========
>>>Polls are not facts....<<<

Except when they are.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Location hidden

#6474 May 30, 2012
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>Well, I think you shouldn't be giving me any flack about fried catfish, that's what I think! ;-)
My son brought home barbecued ribs a few days ago. I couldn't resist.
"I think you shouldn't be giving me any flack about fried catfish"
This I can agree on....

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Location hidden

#6475 May 30, 2012
georgeply77 wrote:
<quoted text>kinda doubt that. Last election my party was great!! Untill, we introduced the world to our potential v.p. By golly for sure.
And this time we put on all this show picking a canditate who turns out to be just barely likable and who has allready said some very questonable things and who has now started to pal around with the KING of the 1 percenters whom every body hates. Even the other billionares.
I'm not ready to take republican off of my voters registration card yet, but God damn, the gop is becoming a freaking joke.
IMO both parties are becoming a joke and a media circus vying for the ratings....

“a smile for my friends”

Since: Jul 07

rochester, n. y.

#6476 May 30, 2012
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>IMO both parties are becoming a joke and a media circus vying for the ratings....
AMEN!

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Location hidden

#6477 May 30, 2012
WMCOL wrote:
<quoted text>
==========
>>>Polls are not facts....<<<
Except when they are.
Facts are not polls....Facts are facts....

“The "entitled" =communist.”

Since: May 10

MY MONEY, come take it.

#6478 May 30, 2012
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, some do....Those who do.....
Name illegal aliens as "undocumented".....
claim our southern border as "more secure than ever" when in reality it is Not secure....
Call their tomatoes "vegetables" when in fact they are fruits....
Constantly lie..........
Call truths lies.....
I did some work for a border patrol agent last week. He told me some stuff and I told him that alot of what he was telling me was already on the internet. He was somewhat surprized and asked me where. I told him about Topix....My point is that there's things going on that people dont know and these people that just accept bs as gospel and then respew it proves their fear and instability.
2012 Romney

Kansas City, MO

#6479 May 30, 2012
Jack from Bedias wrote:
<quoted text>I did some work for a border patrol agent last week. He told me some stuff and I told him that alot of what he was telling me was already on the internet. He was somewhat surprized and asked me where. I told him about Topix....My point is that there's things going on that people dont know and these people that just accept bs as gospel and then respew it proves their fear and instability.
Thanks Jack!

Location hidden

#6480 May 30, 2012
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>Facts are not polls....Facts are facts....
==========
>>>Facts are not polls<<<

Except when they are.

“The "entitled" =communist.”

Since: May 10

MY MONEY, come take it.

#6481 May 30, 2012
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>IMO both parties are becoming a joke and a media circus vying for the ratings....
Ted Cruz, the Tea Party candidate, made it to a run-off against David Dewhearst. The vote is set for July 31st. This is our 1776 and maybe the end of the joke.
NEW

Owatonna, MN

#6482 May 30, 2012
Cut off the sick poor and old....THE RICH WANT MORE WAR..........

Location hidden

#6483 May 30, 2012
When a poll accurately depicts reality of a situation that poll is factual.

It is called an accurate, factual, correct poll. It happens more often than not depending on whose poll.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Location hidden

#6484 May 30, 2012
Jack from Bedias wrote:
<quoted text>I did some work for a border patrol agent last week. He told me some stuff and I told him that alot of what he was telling me was already on the internet. He was somewhat surprized and asked me where. I told him about Topix....My point is that there's things going on that people dont know and these people that just accept bs as gospel and then respew it proves their fear and instability.
That is truly amazing....It really is as I have also spoken to several here that regularly check out the muck farms around here....I told him about topix as well....

“Hop On Board!!!”

Since: Oct 11

America, Canada, Mexico

#6485 May 30, 2012
WMCOL wrote:
When a poll accurately depicts reality of a situation that poll is factual.
It is called an accurate, factual, correct poll. It happens more often than not depending on whose poll.
Political polls & statistics are designed for one reason, to influence or persuade public opinion.

If I release a poll that says a majority of Americans support amnesty in a location that has a chance of actually supporting that policy, it will immediately spur public opinion in a way that can muster up support that's against such policy. It's that famous "reverse psychology" game at its finest.

So you see, political polls & statistics are to be taken with a grain of salt.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Location hidden

#6486 May 30, 2012
Jack from Bedias wrote:
<quoted text>Ted Cruz, the Tea Party candidate, made it to a run-off against David Dewhearst. The vote is set for July 31st. This is our 1776 and maybe the end of the joke.
I really hope so......We need to be better....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 3 min Katrina 256,001
Why They Hate Obama (Aug '13) 4 min Newland 11,698
Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 4 min Wanderer2452 32,467
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Stu Rumsfeld 1,100,097
Chelsea Clinton quits as NBC News reporter 4 min Barry McBanhy 2
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 5 min Commietator 151,163
Obama cautions against using force to solve crises 6 min Barry McBanhy 9
Race in America: Why are blacks being seen as r... (Jul '13) 6 min xxxrayted 9,799
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 6 min messianic114 115,194
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

US Politics People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••