House GOP wants to cut food stamps in drive to protect Pentagon from big federal budget cuts

Apr 17, 2012 Read more: The Washington Post 6,933

16, 2012, file photo House Budget Committee Chairman Rep. Paul Ryan, R-Wis., holds up a copy of President Barack Obama's fiscal 2013 federal budget during the budget committee's hearing on Capitol Hill in Washington.

Read more

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Yellowknife NT

#6472 May 30, 2012
REWBA wrote:
<quoted text>
Like the facts that Romney is for everything he used to be against and against everything he used to be for?
Facts are a funny thing. They don't kiss you ass. They just show the truth and the truth is, you don't even know the candidate you support.
Name any issue, any issue at all, and Romney is on record of being for and against all of them...depending on the audience he's speaking to.
Polls are not facts....They're opinion polls.....They are part of the cheerleader factions of each side........

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#6473 May 30, 2012
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>Polls are not facts....They're opinion polls.....They are part of the cheerleader factions of each side........
==========
>>>Polls are not facts....<<<

Except when they are.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Yellowknife NT

#6474 May 30, 2012
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>Well, I think you shouldn't be giving me any flack about fried catfish, that's what I think! ;-)
My son brought home barbecued ribs a few days ago. I couldn't resist.
"I think you shouldn't be giving me any flack about fried catfish"
This I can agree on....

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Yellowknife NT

#6475 May 30, 2012
georgeply77 wrote:
<quoted text>kinda doubt that. Last election my party was great!! Untill, we introduced the world to our potential v.p. By golly for sure.
And this time we put on all this show picking a canditate who turns out to be just barely likable and who has allready said some very questonable things and who has now started to pal around with the KING of the 1 percenters whom every body hates. Even the other billionares.
I'm not ready to take republican off of my voters registration card yet, but God damn, the gop is becoming a freaking joke.
IMO both parties are becoming a joke and a media circus vying for the ratings....

“a smile for my friends”

Since: Jul 07

rochester, n. y.

#6476 May 30, 2012
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>IMO both parties are becoming a joke and a media circus vying for the ratings....
AMEN!

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Yellowknife NT

#6477 May 30, 2012
WMCOL wrote:
<quoted text>
==========
>>>Polls are not facts....<<<
Except when they are.
Facts are not polls....Facts are facts....

“The "entitled" =communist.”

Since: May 10

MY MONEY, come take it.

#6478 May 30, 2012
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, some do....Those who do.....
Name illegal aliens as "undocumented".....
claim our southern border as "more secure than ever" when in reality it is Not secure....
Call their tomatoes "vegetables" when in fact they are fruits....
Constantly lie..........
Call truths lies.....
I did some work for a border patrol agent last week. He told me some stuff and I told him that alot of what he was telling me was already on the internet. He was somewhat surprized and asked me where. I told him about Topix....My point is that there's things going on that people dont know and these people that just accept bs as gospel and then respew it proves their fear and instability.
2012 Romney

Kansas City, MO

#6479 May 30, 2012
Jack from Bedias wrote:
<quoted text>I did some work for a border patrol agent last week. He told me some stuff and I told him that alot of what he was telling me was already on the internet. He was somewhat surprized and asked me where. I told him about Topix....My point is that there's things going on that people dont know and these people that just accept bs as gospel and then respew it proves their fear and instability.
Thanks Jack!

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#6480 May 30, 2012
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>Facts are not polls....Facts are facts....
==========
>>>Facts are not polls<<<

Except when they are.

“The "entitled" =communist.”

Since: May 10

MY MONEY, come take it.

#6481 May 30, 2012
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>IMO both parties are becoming a joke and a media circus vying for the ratings....
Ted Cruz, the Tea Party candidate, made it to a run-off against David Dewhearst. The vote is set for July 31st. This is our 1776 and maybe the end of the joke.
NEW

Owatonna, MN

#6482 May 30, 2012
Cut off the sick poor and old....THE RICH WANT MORE WAR..........

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#6483 May 30, 2012
When a poll accurately depicts reality of a situation that poll is factual.

It is called an accurate, factual, correct poll. It happens more often than not depending on whose poll.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Yellowknife NT

#6484 May 30, 2012
Jack from Bedias wrote:
<quoted text>I did some work for a border patrol agent last week. He told me some stuff and I told him that alot of what he was telling me was already on the internet. He was somewhat surprized and asked me where. I told him about Topix....My point is that there's things going on that people dont know and these people that just accept bs as gospel and then respew it proves their fear and instability.
That is truly amazing....It really is as I have also spoken to several here that regularly check out the muck farms around here....I told him about topix as well....

“Hop On Board!!!”

Since: Oct 11

America, Canada, Mexico

#6485 May 30, 2012
WMCOL wrote:
When a poll accurately depicts reality of a situation that poll is factual.
It is called an accurate, factual, correct poll. It happens more often than not depending on whose poll.
Political polls & statistics are designed for one reason, to influence or persuade public opinion.

If I release a poll that says a majority of Americans support amnesty in a location that has a chance of actually supporting that policy, it will immediately spur public opinion in a way that can muster up support that's against such policy. It's that famous "reverse psychology" game at its finest.

So you see, political polls & statistics are to be taken with a grain of salt.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Yellowknife NT

#6486 May 30, 2012
Jack from Bedias wrote:
<quoted text>Ted Cruz, the Tea Party candidate, made it to a run-off against David Dewhearst. The vote is set for July 31st. This is our 1776 and maybe the end of the joke.
I really hope so......We need to be better....

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Yellowknife NT

#6487 May 30, 2012
WMCOL wrote:
When a poll accurately depicts reality of a situation that poll is factual.
It is called an accurate, factual, correct poll. It happens more often than not depending on whose poll.
OK, I'll concur but like you say "it happens more often" depending on whose goal it is as well.....and whose agenda that poll serves...
Epicurus

Casselberry, FL

#6488 May 30, 2012
WMCOL wrote:
<quoted text>
==========
Despite the satire it leaves marriage as between male and female. Else NONE of it would make any sense.
Really? Is this all you gleaned from the video?

Satire and also truth. If you read the buybull, everything in Betty's video is written there! It is so ridiculous that even satire cannot compete. Did you fail to notice the scriptures?

Imagine the people who believe such things and who are not ashamed to ignore, totally, all the patient findings of thinking minds through all the centuries since the Bible was written.

And it is these ignorant people, the most uneducated, the most unimaginative, the most unthinking among us, who would make themselves the guides and leaders of us all; who would force their feeble and childish beliefs on us; who would invade our schools and libraries and homes.
liza

Fairmont, WV

#6489 May 30, 2012
And how are you going to like the fact, after
30 mos. they are cuttig off the unemployment
checks....Not long enough for these people??
Well now,,,since we are now, "a debter nation"
who do you think your leader will borrow from
now.....How much did he say he would reduce
the national debt when you danced to his tune
abt. 4 yrs. ago?
Don't cuss and show your ignorance NOW, when
we have no more money to give....When you see
those who are going HUNGRY, Remember who is to
blame....YOU YOU YOU YOU ..........
Just think when you vote for him again how many
more will be hungry......Posssibly...you...

ITS not Bush stupid, covering for what you have
done yourself.........How about you,,, adopting
a few of these hungry people,,,, for atonement???

HOPE AND CHANGE IS STILL IN THE AIR, HEARD THE
SAME WORDS FROM HIM YESTERDAY.....HA HA HA HA
Paycheck Fairness Act.....dems pushing that today.. WHAT PAYCHECK????? We are waiting.
says half the country
NEW

Owatonna, MN

#6490 May 30, 2012
40-50 million people nation wide on welfare ........maybe 20-40 million more get food stamps..............The GOP wants to cut that all off.....so 60 to 90 million people will be cut off and mosy will starve and be homeless and then turn to crime. We will have to hire many more cops and build many more jails....It will cost more to end welfare and food stamps by double atleast then keeping it...

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#6491 May 30, 2012
The Short_Bus Driver wrote:
<quoted text>
Political polls & statistics are designed for one reason, to influence or persuade public opinion.
If I release a poll that says a majority of Americans support amnesty in a location that has a chance of actually supporting that policy, it will immediately spur public opinion in a way that can muster up support that's against such policy. It's that famous "reverse psychology" game at its finest.
So you see, political polls & statistics are to be taken with a grain of salt.
Good polls are invaluable for getting at public concerns, depending on whose poll. Where most miss the boat is not understanding the methodology of a particular poll.

In the example you gave I'd look for how you did the poll, the variables, all of methods you used.

Some polls have a left or right wing bent. Good example is Rasmussen, who from the start is conservative and his polls reflect his persuasion. His polls, like most must be seen in comparison to other polls that have less axe to grind.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 2 min ritedownthemiddle 34,161
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min sonicfilter 1,217,768
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 4 min red and right 323,607
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 5 min ritedownthemiddle 52,740
News Poll: Hillary Clinton most admired woman 6 min red and right 595
News Is Hillary Becoming A Joke? 6 min serfs up 73
News Hillary Clinton has a new position on same-sex ... 9 min woodtick57 310
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 22 min Subduction Zone 160,156
News Marco Rubio doesn't think sexual orientation is... 55 min Le Jimbo 81
The Email Address Debacle: Did Hillary Do Somet... 1 hr BlackCuckold 889
More from around the web