Slick Bam selling snake oil

Mar 23, 2012 Full story: New York Post 373

After blocking the Keystone XL pipeline from Canada and watching helplessly as gas prices soar, President Obama yesterday posed in front of an oil storehouse in Oklahoma - and tried to convince America that he's an oilman at heart.

Full Story
First Prev
of 19
Next Last
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#1 Mar 23, 2012
Obama delays pipeline: Teabaggers whine.
Obama approves pipeline : Teabaggers whine.

NEW YORK (AP)— For the first time, the top export of the United States, the world's biggest gas guzzler, is — wait for it — fuel.

Measured in dollars, the nation is on pace this year to ship more gasoline, diesel, and jet fuel than any other single export, according to U.S. Census data going back to 1990. It will also be the first year in more than 60 that America has been a net exporter of these fuels.

This week Senator Wyden refused to let Congressional Republicans occupy the economic high ground, daring the pipeline boosters to put up or shut up, proposing an amendment requiring that the Keystone only operate for the benefit of American consumers. And the Republicans blinked.

The Keystone pipeline, after all, has a fatal flaw. It’s not meant for American consumption. Its heavy crude is contracted to be shipped overseas.

And this week Senator Wyden hammered away at its flaws, slamming the Keystone legislation for bringing “No protection for workers. No protection for the environment and I believe high prices for American businesses and American consumers.”

With a 34-64 vote, senators also defeated a proposal from Democratic Senator Ron Wyden that would have blocked exports of oil from the pipeline, as well as refined products made from that oil.
Makes sense

Dearborn, MI

#2 Mar 23, 2012
And working Americans are paying record prices at the pumps! It's time for America to INVEST in clean renewable ALTERNATIVES to dirty oil, coal, and nukes.
America is not the Same

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#3 Mar 23, 2012
The real Obama

o.bamapost.com

Since: May 08

Deltona Fla

#4 Mar 23, 2012
Wall Street Government wrote:
Obama delays pipeline: Teabaggers whine.
Obama approves pipeline : Teabaggers whine.
NEW YORK (AP)— For the first time, the top export of the United States, the world's biggest gas guzzler, is — wait for it — fuel.
Measured in dollars, the nation is on pace this year to ship more gasoline, diesel, and jet fuel than any other single export, according to U.S. Census data going back to 1990. It will also be the first year in more than 60 that America has been a net exporter of these fuels.
This week Senator Wyden refused to let Congressional Republicans occupy the economic high ground, daring the pipeline boosters to put up or shut up, proposing an amendment requiring that the Keystone only operate for the benefit of American consumers. And the Republicans blinked.
The Keystone pipeline, after all, has a fatal flaw. It’s not meant for American consumption. Its heavy crude is contracted to be shipped overseas.
And this week Senator Wyden hammered away at its flaws, slamming the Keystone legislation for bringing “No protection for workers. No protection for the environment and I believe high prices for American businesses and American consumers.”
With a 34-64 vote, senators also defeated a proposal from Democratic Senator Ron Wyden that would have blocked exports of oil from the pipeline, as well as refined products made from that oil.
This a BS issue. Originally nabraska blocked the pipeline over environmantal reasona.(their entire water supply) All President wanted was a clean environmental report. We would of had those reports by summer and the project could started. But the Republicans demanded that the project be approved then and there knowing that was not possible. Just more BS Republican games. Every time they play their games American gets hurt.
Otis B Driftwood

Sayville, NY

#5 Mar 23, 2012
Sold many on his being born in America. Obama along with his minions is tryng to sell us his sincerity now. His image belongs on a three dollar bill.
liza

Bridgeport, WV

#6 Mar 23, 2012
So you are STILL walking blind behind the MAN!!
MOST of the country did SEE what he did yesterday,
yet the idiot are on the march to tell you, "YOU
just don't understand, Obama doesn't lie or flip
flops daily, you just don't get it"! He embarrious his self yesterday to the point we
all just about vomited. H O W ----LONG CAN
WE as citizens still walk around with our heads
hung down in SHAME???
If your not ashamed, your either stupid and would
follow what he says right into the toilet.
I'm ashamed to know now, there is no limit as to
what he will say and do, to keep a job. There
is NO shame left in him or you.....How far
will other countries stand behind us now?
Canada must be outraged. No shame left
in this adminstration.... He has sold you
down the river for what......the OFFICE means
more than ANY PERSON in this whole country.

****When you decided to throw all you should
have learned about being an American, you can
no longer walk tall and be proud, you have lost
that honor we once had
Aria

United States

#7 Mar 23, 2012
More Obama douchebaggery!
Where's Vera Baker?
x-nutmegger

Phoenix, AZ

#8 Mar 23, 2012
swampmudd wrote:
<quoted text> This a BS issue. Originally nabraska blocked the pipeline over environmantal reasona.(their entire water supply) All President wanted was a clean environmental report. We would of had those reports by summer and the project could started. But the Republicans demanded that the project be approved then and there knowing that was not possible. Just more BS Republican games. Every time they play their games American gets hurt.
Bull.

The pipeline has been studied for 3 1/2 years how much longer do we need to study it ? After 3 1/2 years either a yes or a no should be a reasonable expectation. Obama kicked the can down the road so as to play the middle. He didn't want to piss off his union base or piss off his eco-green base which stand on each side of the pipeline issue. Politics as usual and a lack of leadership as usual.
Realist

Greensboro, NC

#9 Mar 23, 2012
swampmudd wrote:
<quoted text> This a BS issue. Originally nabraska blocked the pipeline over environmantal reasona.(their entire water supply) All President wanted was a clean environmental report. We would of had those reports by summer and the project could started. But the Republicans demanded that the project be approved then and there knowing that was not possible. Just more BS Republican games. Every time they play their games American gets hurt.
Where is the leadership from this POTUS ? All that he does is cast blame elsewhere on whatever the current problem is. He displays absolutely NO leadership qualities or problem solving abilities. He has no NEW ideas. Everything he promotes has failed or is failing. When something goes wrong, it is always the other persons fault. He is always the innocent one that NEVER makes a mistake.
His lack of administration skills and problem solving abilities is why he will take a political beating in the up coming election. A La Jimmy Carter. Another foot note in history. To bad the taxpayers will have to pay for his retirement.
Gravediggers

Griffin, GA

#10 Mar 23, 2012
1.How much did you pay for gas this week? Over $5 yet?

2.How much did you pay for groceries this week?

3.Have your healthcare costs increased?

4.Are our public schools failing?

5.Is the USA militarily involved in MORE or LESS countries in the Middle East and Africa?

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#11 Mar 23, 2012
Wall Street Government wrote:
Obama delays pipeline: Teabaggers whine.
Obama approves pipeline : Teabaggers whine.
NEW YORK (AP)— For the first time, the top export of the United States, the world's biggest gas guzzler, is — wait for it — fuel.
Measured in dollars, the nation is on pace this year to ship more gasoline, diesel, and jet fuel than any other single export, according to U.S. Census data going back to 1990. It will also be the first year in more than 60 that America has been a net exporter of these fuels.
This week Senator Wyden refused to let Congressional Republicans occupy the economic high ground, daring the pipeline boosters to put up or shut up, proposing an amendment requiring that the Keystone only operate for the benefit of American consumers. And the Republicans blinked.
The Keystone pipeline, after all, has a fatal flaw. It’s not meant for American consumption. Its heavy crude is contracted to be shipped overseas.
And this week Senator Wyden hammered away at its flaws, slamming the Keystone legislation for bringing “No protection for workers. No protection for the environment and I believe high prices for American businesses and American consumers.”
With a 34-64 vote, senators also defeated a proposal from Democratic Senator Ron Wyden that would have blocked exports of oil from the pipeline, as well as refined products made from that oil.
PIPELINE TO NOWHERE: Obama's plan would leave 1,179-mile gap between oil source, pipeline...

Gov't to keep info on Americans with no terror ties...

Obama on SOLYNDRA:'This Was Not Our Program'...

Blames 'Congress' and 'the Chinese' for firm's failure...

Agents appeared to have probable cause to arrest Fast and Furious suspect, documents show
Documents released Thursday show that federal agents appeared to have probable cause to arrest the biggest buyer of assault weapons in the Fast and Furious operation -- eight months before Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry's death ended the scandal-ridden program

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#12 Mar 23, 2012
Makes sense wrote:
And working Americans are paying record prices at the pumps! It's time for America to INVEST in clean renewable ALTERNATIVES to dirty oil, coal, and nukes.
Yes America, insted of putting a tiger in your tank.........put Algae. In about 10,000 years it will be oil.
Makes sense

Dearborn, MI

#13 Mar 23, 2012
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Yes America, insted of putting a tiger in your tank.........put Algae. In about 10,000 years it will be oil.
That's why everyone is investing in it??? LOL

Since: Jan 07

Moscow, PA

#14 Mar 23, 2012
I watched portions of both speeches and found them to be conflicting and oxymoronic. He was cheerleading for those in Oklahoma who were manufacturing and laying pipe while the day before was touting the champions of environmental concerns in the northerly part of the pipeline route. I imagine that there would be ways of rerouting the line to avoid populated areas and significant water supplies in order to avoid an environmental crisis. The fact is that the oil cannot be transported to the southerly portions of the line if there is no northern portion. Native Americans, at least in the old TV shows, would say that he "speaks with a forked tongue."

In regard to banning or outlawing dirty old coal and other pollutants to create energy, viable alternatives must be in place before this happens. The US depends upon, not just coal, but water, natural gas, oil and nuclear power to produce energy. A transition to more natural generators takes time, experimentation and implementation. Solar power and windmills are at best supplements at this time. The integration of multiple energy sources requires careful planning, not campaign assurances from a politician.
Cat74

Westmont, IL

#15 Mar 23, 2012
Guess who stands to make gazillions when we begin to use Algae in our tank? Yep, Uncle George Soros. I think Uncle George smokes that whacky tobacky. He has the weirdest ideas. We cannot get rid of these guys soon enough. Our country is the world's laughing stock.
Milw TaXpayer

Waukesha, WI

#16 Mar 23, 2012
One & Done!

Its the same old same old, blame everyone but me!

Since: Jan 07

Moscow, PA

#17 Mar 23, 2012
"Cat74"Guess who stands to make gazillions when we begin to use Algae in our tank? Yep, Uncle George Soros. I think Uncle George smokes that whacky tobacky. He has the weirdest ideas. We cannot get rid of these guys soon enough. Our country is the world's laughing stock.

When I first heard about the "algae solution," I thought it was a joke. I know that the natives of the Aran Islands in Ireland use algae, not necessarily for fuel, but in order to supplement the paper thin layer of topsoil on their very rocky land areas. Gathering and drying the algae is quite a project but of course, it continues to be done in an age-old, traditional way. Is this a job of the future? Will large scale algae "farming" impact the ecosystem of the ocean?

I agree that we have to do something to eject these yo-yo's, both the elected ones and their unknown but equally irrational financial backers. The people of the US have been "piled on" long enough.
Cat74

Westmont, IL

#18 Mar 23, 2012
It will be a close election in November. Those voters that work hard, and pay taxes will vote Republican, and those on the dole, and have time on their hands will amble on over to the polling place, and vote for their benefactor, President Obama. Since almost as many people are on the dole as those working it will be close.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#19 Mar 23, 2012
Makes sense wrote:
<quoted text>
That's why everyone is investing in it??? LOL
name ten....

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#20 Mar 23, 2012
Obama the race baiter......dividing the blacks from the rest of America.

Obama enters race fray:'If I had a son, he'd look like Trayvon'...

WASHPOST:'Florida shooting stirs memories of civil rights era'...

Sharpton rides into Fla town:'Are you afraid of violence?'

Farrakhan:'Soon and very soon' there will be 'retaliation'...

OBAMA AND HIS MUSLIM BUDDY FARRAKHAN WANT WAR IN THE STREETS..........so let it be written, so let it be done.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 19
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 3 min positronium 269,906
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Incognito4Ever 1,125,452
US Ebola Crisis Is A Media Myth, Claims Obama 6 min Hooogle It 23
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 7 min Uncle Tab 158,782
Bachmann Gets Security Detail After Isis T... 9 min Hooogle It 18
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 13 min KiMerde 50,607
Why They Hate Obama (Aug '13) 13 min VN Vet 12,317
Obama wants an election about the economy, not him 25 min spud 519
GOP types accused of 'thinly-veiled racism' for... 43 min Chicagoan by Birth 177
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 2 hr Subduction Zone 120,871

US Politics People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE