The President has failed us

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election. Full Story
Liberal4Life

Stockton, CA

#1371 Jun 20, 2012
Go Blue wrote:
<quoted text>Just another example of this mutant version of the GOP, pulling out all stops in ignoring the true needs of the american people, and playing every dirty trick they can, to win this election, for their corporate wealthy benefactors and their Stepford Candidate.....
Amen!! To that there is no doubt in my mind that between this Little Politcal Theatre conducted by Issa who Swore from Day 1 that he was going to hold hearings every week against the Democrats and the Obama Admistration that this whole Fast and Furious Bull Crap is nothing more than Pure Politics and a Sorry Attempt to Discredit this President!!

Then in Florida you have the G.O.P. Trying to DisFranchise Voters of color and minorites by instituting this stupid I.D. requirement to prevent these folks that vote Democrat from even voting!!

You have David and Charles Koch Spending Billions to Destroy the Labor Movement and Middle Class it's totally amazing at the Extent that the Republicans are going to Unseat and Defeat the President!

I do predict that this will utlimately Back Fire and Blow Up on the Far Right Republicans Face!!!!

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#1372 Jun 20, 2012
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-part...

06/19/2012

Yes, today's Republicans really are different

By Jonathan Bernstein
The Washington Post

If you’re thinking about dysfunctional government, there’s one main point that you have to know: The parties are not equally guilty. Dysfunctional government isn’t about ideological polarization; it’s about a rejectionist Republican Party that, among other things, is, while Democrats are in office, dedicated to opposing anything the Democratic president proposes — regardless of whether they have a history of opposing it or not.
(Continued:)
Liberal4Life

Stockton, CA

#1373 Jun 20, 2012
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/ blogs/post-partisan/post/yes-t odays-republicans-really-are-d ifferent/2012/06/19/gJQAtkXaoV _blog.html
06/19/2012
Yes, today's Republicans really are different
By Jonathan Bernstein
The Washington Post
If you’re thinking about dysfunctional government, there’s one main point that you have to know: The parties are not equally guilty. Dysfunctional government isn’t about ideological polarization; it’s about a rejectionist Republican Party that, among other things, is, while Democrats are in office, dedicated to opposing anything the Democratic president proposes — regardless of whether they have a history of opposing it or not.
(Continued:)
Very good article NTPR, Thanks for sharing this unfortunetly we have some Far Right Ignorant folks here that will disagree with you becasue they can not admit the Truth they are Truly One Dimensional and One Sided!!!=)

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#1374 Jun 20, 2012
Liberal4Life wrote:
<quoted text>Amen!! To that there is no doubt in my mind that between this Little Politcal Theatre conducted by Issa who Swore from Day 1 that he was going to hold hearings every week against the Democrats and the Obama Admistration that this whole Fast and Furious Bull Crap is nothing more than Pure Politics and a Sorry Attempt to Discredit this President!!
Then in Florida you have the G.O.P. Trying to DisFranchise Voters of color and minorites by instituting this stupid I.D. requirement to prevent these folks that vote Democrat from even voting!!
You have David and Charles Koch Spending Billions to Destroy the Labor Movement and Middle Class it's totally amazing at the Extent that the Republicans are going to Unseat and Defeat the President!
I do predict that this will utlimately Back Fire and Blow Up on the Far Right Republicans Face!!!!
The original subpoena WAS overreaching, and they requested information that Holder was prohibited by law from supplying. That subpoena was only modified on Friday, and it doesn't look like a good faith effort on the part of Issa specifically to work with Holder on the modified version.

On the other hand, I'm not a fan of Holder either. Nevertheless, it does look more like political theatre at this point rather than a good faith effort to find answers and to work with the AG. Almost everything happening in Washington is political theatre, and nothing of substance is transpiring. It's a travesty to the American people who are faced with so much economic uncertainty and major problems in need of solutions.
Liberal4Life

Stockton, CA

#1375 Jun 20, 2012
Operation Wide Receiver’
What’s also fascinating about the documents turned over to investigators is that they reference a little-known ATF operation called “Operation Wide Receiver”, which just like “Fast and Furious,” let guns “walk” to Mexico.

The operation, run by ATF’s Tucson office and the U.S. Attorney for Arizona, started in 2006 — when George W. Bush’s Attorney General Alberto Gonzales was running the show — and ran until the end of 2007. No charges were filed.

Fast forward to 2009, when the Obama administration took over the Justice Department. The former Gang Unit inside DOJ’s Criminal Division (it later merged with the Organized Crime and Racketeering Section) reviewed the case for possible prosecution. At that time, a federal prosecutor in the unit “learned the ATF Arizona had permitted guns to be transferred to suspected gun traffickers and had not interdicted them,” according to a DOJ official.

DOJ eventually issued two indictments that grew out of the Bush-era “Wide Receiver” investigation, which were unsealed towards the end of 2010.

Before the indictments were unsealed, however, deputy assistant attorney general Jason Weinstein raised concerns about investigative methods used in the Wide Receiver case. That’s what comes up in the email.

“Do you think we should try to have Lanny [Breuer] participate in press when Fast and Furious and Laura’s Tucson [the Wide Receiver investigation] are unsealed?” Weinstein wrote in an email.“It’s a tricky case given the number of guns that have walked but is a significant set of prosecutions.”

Deputy Chief of the National Gang Unit James Trusty replied that he wasn’t sure “how much grief we get for ‘guns walking.’ It may be more like,“Finally they’re going after people who sent guns down there.”

The DOJ official said that Weinstein’s reference to the “tricky case” in which the questionable tactics were used referenced the Wide Receiver case, not Fast and Furious.“He mentioned Fast and Furious only because of his belief at the time that the cases would be announced in close proximity,” the official said.

There’s still the question of why — given how “tricky” the “Wide Receiver” case was — DOJ didn’t take any steps to ensure that ATF officials weren’t using the same types of methods. But the Republican contention that Holder or other high-level DOJ officials knew about the controversial tactics being used before the beginning of 2011? That still hasn’t been proven.

Late Update: Issa’s team responded, saying that “throwing out the ‘Bush Administration did it too defense’ reeks of desperation.”

A Justice Department spokeswoman issued a statement calling Holder’s testimony “consistent and truthful.”
Liberal4Life

Stockton, CA

#1376 Jun 20, 2012
LLT1 wrote:
Why do Liberal Democrats hate facts?
Why do Far Right Republican's Hate Facts and the Truth and live in Denial and Believe everything that they are spoon fed and idoctrinated from FIX News???
Liberal4Life

Stockton, CA

#1377 Jun 20, 2012
Retired SOF wrote:
<quoted text>
You are overlooking the death of a US LE officer. You overlook this was an attempt, by the president, to restrict the 2nd Amendment. You are overlooking this isn't the first time the president has ran over the law. Just like Obama's war in Libya, which the left say no one died, IF GW started this program , NO US LE Agent DIED while conducting it!
And you my friend are over looking "Operation Wide Receiver" Why is that are you one sided and biased like Darryl Issaa do you hate Democrats and Liberlas so much that you simply refuse to look at the facts?

“Sharia, NOT!”

Since: Jul 10

San Diego, CA

#1378 Jun 20, 2012
I love when I can make libbies eat their words!!
Liberal4Life wrote:
Operation Wide Receiver’
A Justice Department spokeswoman issued a statement calling Holder’s testimony “consistent and truthful.”
"The Justice Department has retracted a second statement made to the Senate Judiciary Committee. During a hearing last week, Attorney General Eric Holder claimed that his predecessor, then-Attorney General Michael Mukasey, had been briefed about gunwalking in Operation Wide Receiver. Now, the Department is retracting that statement and claiming Holder “inadvertently” made that claim to the Committee. The Department’s letter failed to apologize to former Attorney General Mukasey for the false accusation. This is the second major retraction the Justice Department has made in the last seven months. In December 2011, the Department retracted its claim that the ATF had not allowed illegally purchased guns to be trafficked to Mexico."-http://lite.wash ingtonexaminer.com/?p=2344

Oh-no...Holder is a liar and now the Wide Receiver story ain't gonna hold water.

Boo-hoo.

“Sharia, NOT!”

Since: Jul 10

San Diego, CA

#1379 Jun 20, 2012
Liberal4Life wrote:
<quoted text>Why do Far Right Republican's Hate Facts and the Truth and live in Denial and Believe everything that they are spoon fed and idoctrinated from FIX News???
Here's the facts:

"The Justice Department has retracted a second statement made to the Senate Judiciary Committee. During a hearing last week, Attorney General Eric Holder claimed that his predecessor, then-Attorney General Michael Mukasey, had been briefed about gunwalking in Operation Wide Receiver. Now, the Department is retracting that statement and claiming Holder “inadvertently” made that claim to the Committee. The Department’s letter failed to apologize to former Attorney General Mukasey for the false accusation. This is the second major retraction the Justice Department has made in the last seven months. In December 2011, the Department retracted its claim that the ATF had not allowed illegally purchased guns to be trafficked to Mexico."- http://lite.wa sh ingtonexaminer.com/...

Since: Jun 09

walla walla

#1380 Jun 20, 2012
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/ blogs/post-partisan/post/yes-t odays-republicans-really-are-d ifferent/2012/06/19/gJQAtkXaoV _blog.html
06/19/2012
Yes, today's Republicans really are different
By Jonathan Bernstein
The Washington Post
If you’re thinking about dysfunctional government, there’s one main point that you have to know: The parties are not equally guilty. Dysfunctional government isn’t about ideological polarization; it’s about a rejectionist Republican Party that, among other things, is, while Democrats are in office, dedicated to opposing anything the Democratic president proposes — regardless of whether they have a history of opposing it or not.
(Continued:)
I can completely agree with this on certain points. The republicans are being childish by not bending whatsoever. What they all need to do is compromise instead of sitting around all day arguing. It is a waste of time and money. It's childish and pointless! The liberals irritate me as well though for many reasons so either way and I will not blame one more than the other.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1381 Jun 20, 2012
Not only has this pos president failed the country, but everyone that voted for this POS failed the United States.
Votes for Obama comes from criminals, and traitors.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#1382 Jun 20, 2012
Socialism is for Sissies wrote:
<quoted text>BINGO!
We have a winner!
Muslim Brotherhood to follow....
What? Cat out of the bag? Hmmmmmmm
OH...but wait!!!! how convenient for the DOJ to make this retraction today... So it was Bush's fault, then it wasn't, then it was, then it wasn't. Spin like a top. This administration is as slimy and slippery as it gets -

Second Retraction of Fast and Furious Assertions

"The Justice Department has retracted a second statement made to the Senate Judiciary Committee. During a hearing last week, Attorney General Eric Holder claimed that his predecessor, then-Attorney General Michael Mukasey, had been briefed about gunwalking in Operation Wide Receiver. Now, the Department is retracting that statement and claiming Holder “inadvertently” made that claim to the Committee. The Department’s letter failed to apologize to former Attorney General Mukasey for the false accusation. This is the second major retraction the Justice Department has made in the last seven months. In December 2011, the Department retracted its claim that the ATF had not allowed illegally purchased guns to be trafficked to Mexico."

http://www.grassley.senate.gov/news/Article.c...

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#1383 Jun 20, 2012
Socialism is for Sissies wrote:
<quoted text>Here's the facts:
"The Justice Department has retracted a second statement made to the Senate Judiciary Committee. During a hearing last week, Attorney General Eric Holder claimed that his predecessor, then-Attorney General Michael Mukasey, had been briefed about gunwalking in Operation Wide Receiver. Now, the Department is retracting that statement and claiming Holder “inadvertently” made that claim to the Committee. The Department’s letter failed to apologize to former Attorney General Mukasey for the false accusation. This is the second major retraction the Justice Department has made in the last seven months. In December 2011, the Department retracted its claim that the ATF had not allowed illegally purchased guns to be trafficked to Mexico."- http://lite.wa sh ingtonexaminer.com/...
Great Minds think alike!!

“Sharia, NOT!”

Since: Jul 10

San Diego, CA

#1384 Jun 20, 2012
chregr wrote:
<quoted text>
I can completely agree with this on certain points. The republicans are being childish by not bending whatsoever. What they all need to do is compromise instead of sitting around all day arguing. It is a waste of time and money. It's childish and pointless! The liberals irritate me as well though for many reasons so either way and I will not blame one more than the other.
Talk about childish.
When Republicans are the majority of both houses it's "Let's reach across the aisle." from the Dems.
But when the Dems are in control it's "Well, elections have consequences."
So, get used to it.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#1385 Jun 20, 2012
Liberal4Life wrote:
<quoted text>And you my friend are over looking "Operation Wide Receiver" Why is that are you one sided and biased like Darryl Issaa do you hate Democrats and Liberlas so much that you simply refuse to look at the facts?
Holder just revoked his Wide Receiver implications so I guess Holder has failed you too.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#1386 Jun 20, 2012
Liberal4Life wrote:
<quoted text>And you my friend are over looking "Operation Wide Receiver" Why is that are you one sided and biased like Darryl Issaa do you hate Democrats and Liberlas so much that you simply refuse to look at the facts?
LOL - looks like Holder is overlooking it now too.

"During a hearing last week, Attorney General Eric Holder claimed that his predecessor, then-Attorney General Michael Mukasey, had been briefed about gunwalking in Operation Wide Receiver. Now, the Department is retracting that statement and claiming Holder “inadvertently” made that claim to the Committee."

Sound of air slowly leaking from a balloon.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#1387 Jun 20, 2012
This WH loses amnesty privileges in Feb.

Since: Jun 09

walla walla

#1388 Jun 20, 2012
Socialism is for Sissies wrote:
<quoted text>Talk about childish.
When Republicans are the majority of both houses it's "Let's reach across the aisle." from the Dems.
But when the Dems are in control it's "Well, elections have consequences."
So, get used to it.
Are you telling me to get used to it? Do you think this is acceptable behavior then? I don't think we should have to get used to it. They are supposed to be working for us. I don't know about you but someone working for me needs to be producing something of value or needs to be getting something done. If not they will no longer be working for me.
Tough

Irvine, CA

#1389 Jun 20, 2012
Twenty GOP Senators, including Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell and Judiciary Committee Ranking Member Chuck Grassley, have sent a letter to Pres. Barack Obama looking for answers to several pressing questions regarding the administration's new plan to offer an Executive Amensty to certain illegal aliens.

The Senators wrote:

"We are extremely concerned by your announcement last week that the Department of Homeland Security plans to implement a program that grants deferred action to an untold number of illegal immigrants ... Not only do we question your legal authority to act unilaterally in this regard, we are frustrated that you have intentionally bypassed Congress and the American people."

As President, you swore to uphold and defend the Constitution and enforce the laws. Your recently announced directive runs contrary to that responsibility.

The full letter:

http://&#8203; www.grassley.senate.gov/&#8203;about/uplo...

"We are also concerned that the directive being implemented allows individuals under the age of 30 to obtain a work authorization. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the unemployment rate for young adults aged 16-24 has been nearly 17% for the last year.

According to a Gallup poll conducted in April of this year, 32% of 18 to 29 year-olds in the U.S. workforce were underemployed.

Your directive runs contrary to the premist that American workers must come before foreign nationals. It is astonishing that your administration would grand work authorizations to illegal immigrants during this time of record unemployment."

http://www.gallup.com/poll/154553/One-Three-Y...

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#1390 Jun 20, 2012
Holder is bad at street Ball.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 min Guru 182,106
Obama: Racism, bias in US will take time to tackle 10 min De Oppresso Liber 621
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 17 min DanFromSmithville 134,099
Judge Skeptical of Sheriff Arpaio's Obama Immig... 20 min Cat74 64
Protesters: "Not the time" to change Cuba relat... 34 min barefoot2626 62
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 36 min Injudgement 165,504
Parties assess variables looking at 2016 map 40 min Quirky 14
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 43 min shinningelectr0n 1,156,044
US to start talks with Cuba to normalize full d... 1 hr SirPrize 151
Ben Carson: Race Relations Have 'Gotten Worse' ... 5 hr Aprilvue 898
More from around the web