The President has failed us

Full story: Times News

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.
Comments
7,981 - 8,000 of 244,225 Comments Last updated 4 min ago

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2012

Judged:

NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>Paul Ryan is not your candidate. Mitt Romney is your guy. Try not to be confused, or maybe DO be confused. I think that's what Mitt Romney was hoping you'd be. Hee, hee.
OK, let's talk about Romney's private sector experience and compare that to obama's. Either way, YOU LOSE - again. Still want to go down that road?
2 posts removed

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2012

Judged:

The WH has a message,'Get Yours Before It Runs Out !!'.
That is their strategy for reElection.
Razors Edge

Palos Hills, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2012

Judged:

RayOne wrote:
The WH has a message,'Get Yours Before It Runs Out !!'.
That is their strategy for reElection.
Senate Democratic leaders on Friday said they do not intend to bring a fiscal 2013 budget up for a floor vote.

"We do not need to bring a budget to the floor this year -- it's done, we don't need to do it," Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV) told reporters on Friday.

Reid and Sen. Charles Schumer (D-NY) argued that the debt-limit agreement in August directs spending for the next year and said Senate Appropriations Chairman Daniel Inouye (D-HI) has already asked the heads of the subcommittees to write their appropriations bills for fiscal 2013.

Senate Budget Committee Chairman Kent Conrad (D-ND) has said he would probably mark up a budget resolution for 2013, but Reid recently told the Hill he didn't expect any floor action on a measure produced by the panel.

Republicans have attacked Democrats for failing to bring a budget to the floor. Last week, they marked the 1,000th day since Democrats have passed a budget, accusing the majority of shirking its duty while the deficit soars.

House Budget Chairman Paul Ryan (R-WI), who is working on his own budget plan, tweeted Friday that Senate Democrats "&#8234;confirm they’ve given up on budgeting. What a disgrace. Reid's refusal to budget is a recipe for crisis.&#8236;"

Ryan has said that Democrats should be embarrassed to claim the debt deal as their blueprint because it "fell far, far short of solving this country’s fiscal problems."

“It’s been more than 1,000 days since Senate Democrats have offered a budget plan to the American people," Jeff Sessions (R-AL), the ranking Republican on the budget committee, said in a statement.“Now, once again, the Senate’s ineffectual Democrat majority balks at the task of leadership.”

Sessions argued Senate Democrats don’t want to spell out a long-term budget plan for fear of public scrutiny.

"[Reid] obviously continues in his belief that it would be politically foolish for his members to go on record in support of any long-term vision," he said. "But by refusing to lay out a budget plan for public examination -- a fact no one can deny -- the Democrat Senate has forfeited the high privilege to lead this chamber"...

Conrad's panel has released an analysis asserting that the deal reached in August to raise the debt ceiling was, for all intents and purposes, a budget.

The Budget Control Act included caps on discretionary spending and examined entitlement programs and revenue, the analysis said.“Republican rhetoric aside, Congress did pass a budget,” the fact sheet said.

"Either they don't know what they did or they are misrepresenting what we all did," Conrad said.

Sessions argued that the spending caps under the debt-limit agreement "crafted behind closed doors and rushed to passage at the 11th hour under threat of panic, do not even approach the definition of the budget process that the law requires."

"They are not in any way or any sense a Senate Democrat budget plan," Sessions said. "There is no argument that can be made that these caps are a long-term vision for this country -- not on taxes, not on entitlements, not on spending, not on debt."

A budget resolution serves as a blueprint for spending and isn't signed by the president; it provides a broad outline for the Appropriations Committee for spending choices. The panel is required to follow the recommendations, although they tend to stick close to the overall discretionary spending figure.

READ FULL ARTICLE

Editor's Note: And we shouldn't hold our collective breaths waiting for the Obama Executive Branch to call Reid on this blatant violation of the law...Do you really think the Attorney General would do anything about Democrats or Progressives in Congress literally breaking the law?...LOL....DOJ HAHAHA..
Jeffery BoDangles

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2012

Judged:

fishaholic wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, let's talk about Romney's private sector experience and compare that to obama's. Either way, YOU LOSE - again. Still want to go down that road?
ONE REASON WHY ROMNEY NEVER TALKS ABOUT BAINE CAPITAL IS THAT HE NEVER DID SHIT BESIDES KILL AMERICAN JOBS. SO ABOUT HIS PRIVATE SECTOR EXPERIENCE?

LETS TALK ABOUT ALL THE AMERICAN JOBS HE KILLED, JOBS SENT OVER SEAS AND COMPANIES BANKRUPTED ALL IN THE NAME OF PROFIT.
Mirror Mirror

Toledo, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2012

Judged:

NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>
What say you, Teddy4Me? You're the teacher here. What would you tell those rowdy students if they asked you, "Teacher, which site should I use as a reference tool to verify accuracy about the President's social security number?".
So much for your Annenberg Foundation

The Annenberg Foundation - Terrorist Financers

In 1993 William Ayers, Anne Hallett, and Warren Chapman decided to apply for a grant from the Annenberg Foundation for $49.2 Million to improve and reform Chicago's public schools.

In 1995, the Chicago Annenberg Challenge was awarded the $49.2 millon grant by the Annenberg Foundation.

Who are these scary people that showed such poor judgement that they were willing to fund and work with a known domestic terrorist?

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2008/10/09/6242...

As usual the Obot rube has used the diversionary tactic of insults rather than refute the evidence given that Obama is an undocumented worker.

For starters your sources did the same thing you are currently doing in your response. Distracting from the issue by involving another persons SS number.

In contrast my source dealt directly with the SS number Obama has been using since 1977.

E-verify has flagged the SS number Obama has been using by stating that it has never been issued. E-verify does not associate Obama's SS number with anyone else.

http://www.wnd.com/2011/09/344461/

Scroll down to read specifics.
Mormanchurchian Candidate

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2012

Judged:

The USA is the Pearl of Great Price.
4 posts removed

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2012

Judged:

Jeffery BoDangles wrote:
<quoted text>
ONE REASON WHY ROMNEY NEVER TALKS ABOUT BAINE CAPITAL IS THAT HE NEVER DID SHIT BESIDES KILL AMERICAN JOBS. SO ABOUT HIS PRIVATE SECTOR EXPERIENCE?
LETS TALK ABOUT ALL THE AMERICAN JOBS HE KILLED, JOBS SENT OVER SEAS AND COMPANIES BANKRUPTED ALL IN THE NAME OF PROFIT.
OK, let's talk about Staples, Sports Authority, GS Technologies, just to name a couple. I'm sure you've heard of those, correct? Let's talk about a failing, on the road to bankruptcy, Salt Lake City Olympics that Romney turned around. But, while we're talking about that, let's also talk about how the LARGE chunk of stimulus money went to jobs overseas for "green energy" production. Even Chuck Schumer was in a bind over that one! Let's talk about obama's buddy Jeff Immelt (GE) who closed up his x-ray production facility and sent it to China. Shall we compare notes on sending jobs overseas? Shall we talk about what experience obama has had in successfully running a business? Successfully running ANYTHING? And, running America into the ground doesn't count.
1 post removed
Gus007

Binghamton, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2012

Taxpayer loss revised to $25 Billion...

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20120813/A...
Gus007

Binghamton, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2012

Obummercare and 2009 stimulus money used in violation of anti-lobbying laws:

http://washingtonexaminer.com/2009-stimulus-a...
3 posts removed
Juan Carlos Calderon

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2012

Judged:

My illegal immigrant family will all be voting for Obama this year. He will give us amnesty.

Viva Mexico!

“ON THE PROWL”

Since: May 08

Big Birds Nest..

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2012

Judged:

fishaholic wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem with Ryan v biden in an intellectual debate is that biden is going in unarmed. Should be fun to watch the carnage.
Speaking of Mr Clown Shoes, I think something might be up with biden. He sure has been incognito for a while and not out lambasting Romney/Ryan like a good little liberal comrade.
Yea it will be fun to watch Fish.. Ya remember his famous line about HCR?? "This is a big fcking deal"..

Eagle
1 post removed

“Life is short. Enjoy the ride”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2012

Judged:

fishaholic wrote:
<quoted text>
I got the paystubs to prove my original post. Have you seen them? I didn't think so. Total tax on my bonuses = 55%. You are talking out of your ass yet again claiming to know something about me when you don't know jack schitt.
http://income-tax.blurtit.com/q998011.html
1 post removed
boot BO

Aurora, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2012

Judged:

NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>
2008 FY Budget Deficit $455 Billion <---- Democrats control Congress GEORGE BUSH's BUDGET. This has lost its' luster. Just the fact, ma'am.
sadly and unfortunately , GWB had to deal with the effects of 9/11[u remember that don't you?} and the democrat authored mortgage meltdown.

What's Obama's excuse for trillion dollar plus deficits? Why have ALL federal dept's. budgets increased massively under BO?
Quirky

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2012

Judged:

NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>WND? Now, you really have to be playing with half a deck in order to have the audacity to criticize Factcheck.org and turn up with your "evidence" from World News daily:
Factcheck.org
Our Mission
We are a nonpartisan, nonprofit “consumer advocate” for voters that aims to reduce the level of deception and confusion in U.S. politics. We monitor the factual accuracy of what is said by major U.S. political players in the form of TV ads, debates, speeches, interviews and news releases. Our goal is to apply the best practices of both journalism and scholarship, and to increase public knowledge and understanding.
FactCheck.org is a project of the Annenberg Public Policy Center of the University of Pennsylvania. The APPC was established by publisher and philanthropist Walter Annenberg to create a community of scholars within the University of Pennsylvania that would address public policy issues at the local, state and federal levels.
World Net Daily
WorldNetDaily (WND) is an American web site that publishes news and associated content from the perspective of U.S. conservatives and the political right.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WorldNetDaily
There is a mix of opinion, promotion, conservative to right wing perspectives and links to a few libertarian and liberal news reports. You have taken a Jerome Corsi piece and assigned it as factual. But, who is Jerome Corsi in terms of his reputation?
Jerome Robert Corsi (born August 31, 1946) is an American author, political commentator and CONSPIRACY THEORIST (emphasis added) best known for his two New York Times bestselling books: The Obama Nation and Unfit for Command (with co-author John O'Neill). Both books, the former written in 2008 and the latter in 2004, attacked Democratic presidential candidates and were criticized for including numerous inaccuracies.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerome_Corsi
What say you, Teddy4Me? You're the teacher here. What would you tell those rowdy students if they asked you, "Teacher, which site should I use as a reference tool to verify accuracy about the President's social security number?".
Factchecks Mission Statement sounds just like the one the ACLU has!
boot BO

Aurora, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2012

Judged:

NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>
2008 FY Budget Deficit $455 Billion <---- Democrats control Congress GEORGE BUSH's BUDGET. This has lost its' luster. Just the fact, ma'am.
BTW, who controlled congress for this $455 billion deficit?

The democrats, why are you trying to falsely blame Bush?
Jose Ignacio Gonzalez

Mesquite, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2012

Judged:

Obama and Romney will give Mexicans amnesty.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2012

Judged:

Harry is a problem, let me count the ways.
No budget is needed, no bill will pass to Constitutional way.
boot BO

Aurora, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2012

Judged:

NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>I've got a better idea. Why don't we pass the President's Jobs Bill and keep going to create more jobs by leaving more money in the hands of low wage and middle-class taxpayers to stimulate demand which will create more jobs. Put them back to work as soon as possible, and it won't irk you so much that people are unemployed and falling out of the middle-class and sliding into poverty.
Ask harry reid, he prevented the vote on it.
boot BO

Aurora, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2012

Judged:

NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>I've got a better idea. Why don't we pass the President's Jobs Bill and keep going to create more jobs by leaving more money in the hands of low wage and middle-class taxpayers to stimulate demand which will create more jobs. Put them back to work as soon as possible, and it won't irk you so much that people are unemployed and falling out of the middle-class and sliding into poverty.
Low wage earners pay no federal taxes and in fact receive money from the feds, how do you propose to leave more money in their hands? Give them more free money?
boot BO

Aurora, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2012

Judged:

NTRPRNR1 wrote:
The only jobs Obama has created were new fed hires and the temporary ones in the green energy companies that failed and cost us billions.

Obama is an economic illiterate.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••