The President has failed us

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election. Full Story
for sure

Randallstown, MD

#7044 Jul 30, 2012
no doubt
Gus007

Oneonta, NY

#7045 Jul 30, 2012
$25 TRILLION IN DEBT BY 2022:

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/...

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#7046 Jul 30, 2012
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong focus, wiggins. The point is elementary. Tax increases did NOT adversely affect economic growth contrary to the then prevailing wisdom. Obviously, they were wrong. I'd like to try that again and see if they're still wrong! It's a lot better deal than going back to George Bush's policies.
Of course, when economic growth is 4-5% when Clinton was in office, tax hikes will affect it, it always will, but there was no major effect. Reality of today: Economic growth is 1.5% this year, and 1.8% last year. The debt is at an all time record with no slowing down. Unemployment is holding steady at 8+%. Do you really think in your right mind, now would be a good time to raise taxes on ANYONE? If you have that kind of economic sense in your personal life, it's a wonder you are still living with a roof over your head. You obviously don't have any kind of idea what makes a national economy work. THE one thing that DOESN'T work is gov't intervention on the level it has been for the last few years. But, you will blindly stumble all over your hero obama and his "looking out for the middle class" liberal lie.

BTW, obama did NOT surround himself with business people. He has surrounded himself with people that are lifetime public servants academiacs (my term)and radicals(i.e. Van Jones) that haven't run so much as a lemonade stand. How would you expect a group like that to give a sitting president advice on how to get the economy growing again?

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#7047 Jul 30, 2012
Rico the Terrible wrote:
Romney will fail.
Obama already has failed

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#7048 Jul 30, 2012
why do dems lie
Buzzcut

Worcester, MA

#7049 Jul 30, 2012
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>Are you nuts? Do you think we just "x" out four years of our lives and experience - like it never happened? This is not Oz. Two doors down, turn left and watch your step. It's a mighty steep drop.
You'd better hope your mother never sees your posts. You are definitely gonna' get an azz whuppin' if she does.
IF he was not eligible, IF your name was Sue, IF ONLY you had been born a Buffett or a Gates, IF, IF, IF.....Try dealing with FACTS.
So your point is if Obama stole an election we let him keep it because you are too gutless to do anything about it?

You keep dodging the original point. If he was not eligible then his election is fraudulent and we impeach him and remove him from office.

Your point is that even if INELIGIBLE, he became ELIGIBLE simply by winning the election is absolutely UNCONSTITUTIONAL and UNAMERICAN!

Why can't you admit your error on this one?

Is your ego as big as Obama's?
Rico the Terrible

Venice, CA

#7050 Jul 30, 2012
fishaholic wrote:
<quoted text>
GE? Hey! Isn't Jeff Immelt the head of obama's jobs council(which he hasn't met with in a YEAR)? Didn't GE close up their X-ray division and send jobs to China? Never heard any liberals complaining about outsourcing then. Probably didn't have time since they were so busy criticizing Romney about the same thing.
Back in 1997-2001 I had a hell of a good job with GE overhauling CF-6 turbine engines over in Ontario Airport, Ca. GE accepted some million dollar training grant from California and hired 600 employees, promised us all 10 years of contracts and on the 3rd year told us all that they're shutting the doors and sending the work to Scotland & Brazil. One guy attempted to kill himself I heard.

GE has been on an outsourcing blitz for years and fking American families.

Anyways, I don't know WTF Obama is doing with a person who is from a company that is not even American anymore! Maybe I don;t know the nitty gritty but it doesn't look good.
Buzzcut

Worcester, MA

#7051 Jul 30, 2012
Cousin DuPrees Cousin wrote:
Daily Kos: Republicans kill jobs-creating small business tax cut
www.dailykos.com/story/2012/07/17/1111006/-Re... ...
Jul 17, 2012 ... Republicans kill jobs-creating small business tax cut. by Laurence ... And they have voted down President Obama's plans to create jobs. So this ...
Senate Republicans block bill supporting small businesses
www.washingtonmonthly.com/archives/individual... - Similarto Senate Republicans block bill supporting small businesses
Jul 29, 2010 ... failed to break a weeks-long GOP filibuster of small-business jobs ... caucus opposed the GOP filibuster, and every Republican voted to kill the bill.)... tell it, GOP senators aren't against helping small businesses -- at least not ...
Senate Republicans Vote Against Helping Small Businesses ...
politicalcorrection.org/blog/201009140012 - Similarto Senate Republicans Vote Against Helping Small Businesses ...
Sep 14, 2010 ... Senate Republicans Vote Against Helping Small Businesses ... the Small Business Jobs and Credit Act to ensure America's job creators have ...
What a crock! If the Daily Kos is for it then any non Libtard is against it.

Drink the Kool Aid and believe your own lies.
Rico the Terrible

Venice, CA

#7052 Jul 30, 2012
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>Obama already has failed
I'm not all that happy with Obama but I'm definitely not going to vote for Romney. It's like this county loves to provide shit for us all to vote for.
Buzzcut

Worcester, MA

#7053 Jul 30, 2012
Rico the Terrible wrote:
<quoted text>
Back in 1997-2001 I had a hell of a good job with GE overhauling CF-6 turbine engines over in Ontario Airport, Ca. GE accepted some million dollar training grant from California and hired 600 employees, promised us all 10 years of contracts and on the 3rd year told us all that they're shutting the doors and sending the work to Scotland & Brazil. One guy attempted to kill himself I heard.
GE has been on an outsourcing blitz for years and fking American families.
Anyways, I don't know WTF Obama is doing with a person who is from a company that is not even American anymore! Maybe I don;t know the nitty gritty but it doesn't look good.
Wasn't GE a big Obama donor last election?

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#7054 Jul 30, 2012
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>WTF is your point that I haven't been making repeatedly aside from "uncertainty of ALL the new regulations?? They might make it more feasible to produce onshore? Yes, of course they might do exactly that. They might mean you don't get a free pass on the taxes you'd owe on that money you've parked offshore? Yes, could be. One thing IS certain. They can't continue the formula now in place without this place and our people rapidly declining in living standard, can they? Something has to give, and I think those who have had it so good should cheerfully cough up a little bit of what they've gotten through buying tax credits and favorable legislation. You think they shouldn't. We just disagree.
Your have never made a point and stuck to it. Your points are always changing and evolving. First you say one thing, then you say something different, mainly because someone usually calls you out on it and you change your stance.
However, the regulations I'm talking about would be obamacare for one. Another would be draconian EPA regs. Another would be uncertainty about the tax codes. Another is multiple bureaucracies that give conflicting information to business owners when they try to figure out if they may or may not be in compliance with a regulation. There never seems to be an end to what new proposals that affect businesses and hiring are coming up from the WH or congress. If I were a business owner, I wouldn't be hiring either with all the uncertainty and political bickering going on.
You think the high wage earners ought to pay more. I think that EVERYBODY ought to pay SOME. Almost 50% of people in the country RIGHT NOW, don't pay ANY federal income taxes. Yet, those same 50% use more resources that the rest of us. Liberals like to say "all they are asking for is fairness". Well, everybody pays makes things fair. Or, is your definition of 'fair' is that some pay more and some pay none?

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#7055 Jul 30, 2012
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>There you have it! You see, I agree with you about GE's favored tax status. I'd like it to end - like tomorrow morning first thing. I'd like lobbyists meetings to be transcripted and released publicly. It doesn't matter whether you're a Republican or Democrat, you're an American who is being shafted for the gain of PREDATORY capitalism. We have every reason to be outraged, and changing to the party of business is NOT the solution to our problems. It's an invitation to an exacerbation of them.
Then, I don't understand why you are so rah-rah for obama. obama asked Immelt to lead his jobs council. A little ironic, don't you think? If you have a president that surrounds himself with CEO's who's company paid ZERO taxes and takes HUGE campaign contributions from those "evil fat cats" on wallsreet, why would you blindly continue to support him and think he's looking out for the middle class? That logic right there just boggles my mind.
racer42

Alameda, CA

#7056 Jul 30, 2012
Rico the Terrible wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not all that happy with Obama but I'm definitely not going to vote for Romney. It's like this county loves to provide shit for us all to vote for.
Suppose they gave an election and NOBODY voted.

“Life is short. Enjoy the ride”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#7057 Jul 30, 2012
fishaholic wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course, when economic growth is 4-5% when Clinton was in office, tax hikes will affect it, it always will, but there was no major effect. Reality of today: Economic growth is 1.5% this year, and 1.8% last year. The debt is at an all time record with no slowing down. Unemployment is holding steady at 8+%. Do you really think in your right mind, now would be a good time to raise taxes on ANYONE? If you have that kind of economic sense in your personal life, it's a wonder you are still living with a roof over your head. You obviously don't have any kind of idea what makes a national economy work. THE one thing that DOESN'T work is gov't intervention on the level it has been for the last few years. But, you will blindly stumble all over your hero obama and his "looking out for the middle class" liberal lie.
BTW, obama did NOT surround himself with business people. He has surrounded himself with people that are lifetime public servants academiacs (my term)and radicals(i.e. Van Jones) that haven't run so much as a lemonade stand. How would you expect a group like that to give a sitting president advice on how to get the economy growing again?
Van Jones, Van Jones, Van Jones...blah, blah, blah. Van Jones has not been an official in the Administration since September 2009. This is August 2012. You really have to travel back in time to find something, huh? He was admittedly not vetted thoroughly, and he was not at a level that required confirmation. When made aware of comments Jones had made in the past, Obama undoubtedly asked for and received Jones resignation in the most dignified way it could have been handled. It has been a moot issue for a very long time.

Before we start revenue seeking from less able taxpayers, you're darned right I think now is the time to start at the top rather than hitting the middle and low wage earners in America. Absolutely. Again, these are the taxpayers who have control of $2 Trillion dollars in cash reserves. It would be a tremendous help to then asking other Americans to accept the sacrifices they must make as well. It's a sign of unity that ALL of us must bite the bullet to get back on track. You underestimate the amount of goodwill it would generate.

“Life is short. Enjoy the ride”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#7058 Jul 30, 2012
fishaholic wrote:
<quoted text>
Then, I don't understand why you are so rah-rah for obama. obama asked Immelt to lead his jobs council. A little ironic, don't you think? If you have a president that surrounds himself with CEO's who's company paid ZERO taxes and takes HUGE campaign contributions from those "evil fat cats" on wallsreet, why would you blindly continue to support him and think he's looking out for the middle class? That logic right there just boggles my mind.
4 TIMES as many CEO's are supporting and contributing to Romney's campaign as are contributing to Obama. Why do you think that is? Obama has made it clear that his focus will be toward assisting the middle-class. Microsoft is supporting Obama. J.P. Morgan's contributions are for Romney. Of course they don't want regulations. Some financial regulations are so vitally important to protecting this republic from more financial market activity that is nothing more than criminal. We have to stop it BEFORE it happens and we all pay for the gamble or the con.
Ibn Natas

Pocatello, ID

#7059 Jul 30, 2012
The fact that van jones was in obamas
Cabinet says it all....that fuckers crazier than
I am. And it is obvious that the only thing
That can save the economy and create jobs
Is a romney presidency. The government
Cant create real jobs but they can sure get
Out of the way of business, quit punishing
Business, quit scaring business with healthcare
Mandates, quit quadrupling the price of
Energy, quit talking down the economy
With every big mouthed speech. Shut
Down the negro, and put some sanity in
The whitehouse..........B..bye.... .B...bye.

“Life is short. Enjoy the ride”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#7060 Jul 30, 2012
Ibn Natas wrote:
The fact that van jones was in obamas
Cabinet says it all....that fuckers crazier than
I am. And it is obvious that the only thing
That can save the economy and create jobs
Is a romney presidency. The government
Cant create real jobs but they can sure get
Out of the way of business, quit punishing
Business, quit scaring business with healthcare
Mandates, quit quadrupling the price of
Energy, quit talking down the economy
With every big mouthed speech. Shut
Down the negro, and put some sanity in
The whitehouse..........B..bye.... .B...bye.
Bigot.

The only thing that can fix this mess is a renewed understanding of employer responsibility:

FORBES - Entrepreneurs

http://www.forbes.com/sites/stevecooper/2012/...
7/30/2012
Make More Money By Making Your Employees Happy

..........

Make yourself useful. Go read what works and how it works, and it has nothing to do with Williard "Mitt" Romney.

“Life is short. Enjoy the ride”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#7061 Jul 30, 2012
fishaholic wrote:
<quoted text>
Your have never made a point and stuck to it. Your points are always changing and evolving. First you say one thing, then you say something different, mainly because someone usually calls you out on it and you change your stance.
However, the regulations I'm talking about would be obamacare for one. Another would be draconian EPA regs. Another would be uncertainty about the tax codes. Another is multiple bureaucracies that give conflicting information to business owners when they try to figure out if they may or may not be in compliance with a regulation. There never seems to be an end to what new proposals that affect businesses and hiring are coming up from the WH or congress. If I were a business owner, I wouldn't be hiring either with all the uncertainty and political bickering going on.
You think the high wage earners ought to pay more. I think that EVERYBODY ought to pay SOME. Almost 50% of people in the country RIGHT NOW, don't pay ANY federal income taxes. Yet, those same 50% use more resources that the rest of us. Liberals like to say "all they are asking for is fairness". Well, everybody pays makes things fair. Or, is your definition of 'fair' is that some pay more and some pay none?
Your points are always stupid. They are nothing more than "anybody but Obama" points, and that flies in the face of reality. Things CAN get worse. Bad policies can make them worse.

We've already gone through this five or six times on this thread, knucklehead. That 49% includes the low income retirees, students, the disabled and almost 2/3 of that 49% earn less than $20,000/year - low income. You can quickly entitle them to food stamps, housing assistance and every other safety net program in America, or you can leave them the fk alone to try to survive.

Now, you want to know what IS disgusting:

Almost 1,500 Millionaires Do Not Pay Income Tax

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/1500-millionai...

I don't care. Don't start a business. Everybody else is waiting for more demand. When demand is there, you can bet your bottom dollar entrepreneurs will get busy and existing businesses will expand. You can't create demand by taking more from those who constitute the consumer base. We're all tapped out.
1 post removed

“Life is short. Enjoy the ride”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#7063 Jul 30, 2012
Buzzcut wrote:
<quoted text>
So your point is if Obama stole an election we let him keep it because you are too gutless to do anything about it?
You keep dodging the original point. If he was not eligible then his election is fraudulent and we impeach him and remove him from office.
Your point is that even if INELIGIBLE, he became ELIGIBLE simply by winning the election is absolutely UNCONSTITUTIONAL and UNAMERICAN!
Why can't you admit your error on this one?
Is your ego as big as Obama's?
He was eligible, he was elected, he is serving. You d*mned birthers need medical intervention - a twelve step program for birthers. That's the only hope there is for you.

Goodnight. Get well soon!

“Life is short. Enjoy the ride”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#7064 Jul 30, 2012
Buzzcut wrote:
<quoted text>
So your point is if Obama stole an election we let him keep it because you are too gutless to do anything about it?
You keep dodging the original point. If he was not eligible then his election is fraudulent and we impeach him and remove him from office.
Your point is that even if INELIGIBLE, he became ELIGIBLE simply by winning the election is absolutely UNCONSTITUTIONAL and UNAMERICAN!
Why can't you admit your error on this one?
Is your ego as big as Obama's?
BTW, I have one for you too. The preliminary report on F&F is out. Nowhere do I see Eric Holder or President Obama's names in that report:

Fast and Furious

Complete Coverage

(CBS News) Republican congressional investigators place much of the blame for the ATF "Fast and Furious" scandal on at least three Justice Department officials and five ATF agents - particularly then-Special Agent in Charge in the Phoenix division William Newell - in a draft report expected to be released in final form sometime this week.

The report, obtained by CBS News, lays much of the blame for the creation and execution of the gunwalking scheme on Newell. As reported by the Los Angeles Times, Newell's actions are described as "reckless," adding that he appears to still believe he did nothing wrong. He has since moved on to other duties.

The others singled out for blame of some kind in the report include: Kenneth Melson, acting ATF director; William Hoover, deputy ATF director; Mark Chait, assistant director for field operations at the ATF; William McMahon, deputy assistant director for field operations - West, ATF; Dennis Burke, U.S. Attorney for the District of Arizona; Emory Hurley, Assistant United States Attorney, U.S. Attorney's Office for the District of Arizona; and Lanny Breuer, Assistant Attorney General, Criminal Division.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57483048/...

..........
Now, you don't think those internal documents that Holder did not agree to release beyond the Committee probably didn't have communications with the White House that discussed Holder's own issues with Lanny Breuer and any confidential comments he wanted to share? Get real. Obviously, the Committee did, indeed, have the information they needed to assess the situation that let up to agent Terry's death and a chain of responsibility.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 27 min Brian_G 32,676
Ukraine Says Russia Has Invaded 34 min Pro Ukraine 234
Fence jumper at White House sparks evacuation 35 min Sgt Prepper 38
'Hit the Right Nerve' Pelosi confronts Gop rep ... 49 min Quirky 782
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 49 min Who 46,802
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr D-U-H 49,897
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 hr Yeah 1,110,509
Obama thanks Congress for vote to aid Syrian re... 3 hr Delbert 116
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 3 hr Cornelius Scudmister 154,006
Hillary Clinton Faces Skeptical Iowa Voters 4 hr xxxrayted 377
Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americ... 4 hr barefoot2626 58
•••

US Politics People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••