Obama Announces Full Support for Gay Marriage

May 9, 2012 Full story: politix.topix.com 26,178

It's a historic day for gay rights activists: Obama has just announced his support for gay marriage.

Full Story

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Since: May 09

Nonya!

#8684 Jun 15, 2012
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
The school should have singled out the boy who fathered the child as well. That would have set an example, that boys can't just shoot and scoot. Would you agree with that?
I agree, and if it was a grown man, he should have been jailed....

It 'was' a bad example to set for the other girls.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#8685 Jun 15, 2012
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not pretending anything...just making a point that physical characteristics have been the driving force for discrimination for thousands of years, and that's why homosexuality is not the same as discrimination based on physical characteristics....
So then it would be the same as religious discrimination, which we banned from the get go in this country....

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Nonya!

#8686 Jun 15, 2012
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
My comparison was of the populace fighting against it. Please stop deceitfully rephrasing what I say. It's childish.
<quoted text>
Right! Tell me, how are the marriages of straight couples under attack? Please provide the specifics of how they are altered/changed/damaged by this imaginary attack. What straight couple will be denied marriage? List the top 5 results of this "attack".
Waiting....
Waiting....
Waiting....
Yeah, go peddle that bullshyt to the sheeple, no educated person is buying that nonsense any more then they are buying your "redefinition" bullshyt.
Marriage has been under attack for decades...

We told people they didn't really have to be married to live together and make children together...lie

We told women they didn't need men around to raise babies with...lie

We have a constant stream of Hollywood actresses presenting their out-of-wedlock babies to the public (not showing of course the nannnies in the background who 'really' takes care of the kids)...lie

We actually 'encourage' young people to have babies for the 'drama' of it on national television....lie

No fault divorces are keeping people from working on marriages before they 'just give up', I could go on and on.

Liberals have ruined this country beyond belief.

St. Croix valley

#8687 Jun 15, 2012
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
When we were 'forcing them' to have them and give them up'. Haven't you been reading...try to keep up will you????
Women have been persuaded into having abortions for centuries. sometimes with great force. How is this different in this day and age? how did having abortions illegal do anything to stop the practice of abortions?

if you really want to stop abortions, you should go at the problem, not the symptom.

St. Croix valley

#8688 Jun 15, 2012
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
Really???? What's Thanksgiving all about??? Who are we thanking???
Most societies have a rite of harvest thanksgiving. Our US holiday of thanksgiving was created by the US government.

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Nonya!

#8689 Jun 15, 2012
dances with weebles wrote:
<quoted text>
a young woman who went to high school with my brother wasn't allowed to complete her senior year because she was pregnant. even though she was an honours student she wasn't allowed to graduate with her class because, as the school officials said...
(are you ready for this one?)
'she would set a bad example for other girls in the school.'
She 'was' a bad example for the other girls. Haven't you heard of that pact of 16 girls in TX that all got pregnant at the same time...some of them by homeless men on the street????

Have you even seen the teen mother television shows that glamorize this nonsense every week????

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Nonya!

#8690 Jun 15, 2012
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>So then it would be the same as religious discrimination, which we banned from the get go in this country....
Not the same there either. Reigious beliefs are a 'value' that the vast majority of the world holds sacred. That's why protection is necessary for it.

St. Croix valley

#8691 Jun 15, 2012
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
Marriage has been under attack for decades...
We told people they didn't really have to be married to live together and make children together...lie
We told women they didn't need men around to raise babies with...lie
We have a constant stream of Hollywood actresses presenting their out-of-wedlock babies to the public (not showing of course the nannnies in the background who 'really' takes care of the kids)...lie
We actually 'encourage' young people to have babies for the 'drama' of it on national television....lie
No fault divorces are keeping people from working on marriages before they 'just give up', I could go on and on.
Liberals have ruined this country beyond belief.
yet we are a better country as we move along...

When were we a better country thatn we are now? Your mythical 'golden days' never existed. in fact, in the past we were a very racist, bigotted, unconstitutional country. We are getting closer to the founding goals set up for us to attain every year.

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Nonya!

#8692 Jun 15, 2012
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Women have been persuaded into having abortions for centuries. sometimes with great force. How is this different in this day and age? how did having abortions illegal do anything to stop the practice of abortions?
if you really want to stop abortions, you should go at the problem, not the symptom.
We try to 'go at the problem', but liberals constantly get in the way....

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#8693 Jun 15, 2012
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
There are specific reasons that call for divorce, that's true, but usually the couple had to exhaust every other method available before one was granted...not now...
As far as girls being 'forced' to give up their babies, instead now we just 'abort' them so they don't have to see the faces of their creations...good times we are in now....
Listen hon, this is the third time you've tried to introduce abortion to this thread. It's tired. And not all girls that get pregnant have an abortion. Many of them raise their children without any help from the male christian pastor's son who couldn't keep his willy in his pants.

The point that was being made is that we no longer live in a time that allows the petulance and nonsense of religious whoremongers like yourself to dictate other people's course in life anymore.

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Nonya!

#8694 Jun 15, 2012
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Most societies have a rite of harvest thanksgiving. Our US holiday of thanksgiving was created by the US government.
You didn't answer the question...as usual....

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Nonya!

#8695 Jun 15, 2012
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Most societies have a rite of harvest thanksgiving. Our US holiday of thanksgiving was created by the US government.
Of course our government 'created' it..it's a federal holiday. Who are we thanking?????

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Nonya!

#8696 Jun 15, 2012
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yet we are a better country as we move along...
When were we a better country thatn we are now? Your mythical 'golden days' never existed. in fact, in the past we were a very racist, bigotted, unconstitutional country. We are getting closer to the founding goals set up for us to attain every year.
Your twisted definition of better is beyond me....

Our poverty rates are skyrocketing....

Our unemployment levels are skyrocketing....

Our children are dropping out of schools and into gangs at an alarming rate......

Instead of building more schools, we are building more prisons.....

Our girls are becoming mothers younger and younger.....

Our boys are selling drugs on the street.......

Our politicians are more corrupt than ever......

but we are doing soooooooo much better...yeah right.

“Yellow Brick Road”

Since: Mar 12

The Land of OZ

#8697 Jun 15, 2012
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
Really???? What's Thanksgiving all about??? Who are we thanking???
The modern English term Easter developed from the Old English word &#274;astre or &#274;ostre (IPA:[&#712;æ&#720; &#593;stre, &#712;e&#720;ostre]), which itself developed prior to 899, originally referring to the name of the Anglo-Saxon goddess &#274;ostre.[21] Bede notes that the native Old English month &#274;ostur-monath (Old English "&#274;ostre-month ") was equivalent to the month of April, yet that feasts held in the goddess's honor during &#274;ostur-monath had gone out of use by the time of his writing and had been replaced with the Christian custom of the "Paschal season". The feast was also historically referred to in English as "Pash" or "Pace",[22][23] from the Latin pascha (see below).

Using comparative linguistic evidence from continental Germanic sources, the 19th century scholar Jacob Grimm proposed the existence of a cognate form of &#274;ostre among the pre-Christian beliefs of the continental Germanic peoples, whose name he reconstructed as *Ostara. Since Grimm's time, linguists have identified the goddess as a Germanic form of the reconstructed Proto-Indo-European goddess of the dawn,*Hausos. Theories connecting &#274;ostre with records of Germanic Easter customs (including hares and eggs) have been proposed.

Modern German features the cognate term Ostern, but otherwise, Germanic languages generally use the non-native term pascha for the event.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Easter
For instance, did you know that the tribe of Native Americans that had their meal with the Pilgrims was called Wampanoag? And did you know that they held celebrations and gave thanks to Kiehtan, the Creator ? Not only did they believe that their most precious crop of corn was a blessing from him, but they also gave thanks to many of their other Spirits for the other foods they ate.

Before Thanksgiving was made a holiday in the year of 1861, settlers had already brought their traditions to America—all influenced by Pagans. After all, Thanksgiving is all about giving thanks and harvest…correct?

Celebrating and giving thanks for a Harvest can be seen throughout history in many cultures.

Just to name a few…

*Ancient Rome gave thanks to Ceres, Goddess of the Harvests.

*Ancient Greeks honored Demeter

*Celtic Pagans and Angelo Saxon’s had huge celebrations–Lughnasadh and Mabon. These were to honor the first and second harvest blessed upon them by their Goddess and God.

http://thepaganandthepen.wordpress.com/2009/1...

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Nonya!

#8698 Jun 15, 2012
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Listen hon, this is the third time you've tried to introduce abortion to this thread. It's tired. And not all girls that get pregnant have an abortion. Many of them raise their children without any help from the male christian pastor's son who couldn't keep his willy in his pants.
The point that was being made is that we no longer live in a time that allows the petulance and nonsense of religious whoremongers like yourself to dictate other people's course in life anymore.
Listen 'hon', if you can keep bringing up interracial marriage, I can bring up abortion, I don't care how tired you get of it.

The times we now live in are much worse........

“Yellow Brick Road”

Since: Mar 12

The Land of OZ

#8699 Jun 15, 2012
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course our government 'created' it..it's a federal holiday. Who are we thanking?????
That depends on what religion you are if any. Maybe we should thank the farmers.

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#8700 Jun 15, 2012
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
What the Nazi's did to you they did to black people as well, not to mention South Africa, America etc that they suffered atrocities you have no idea to speak of......
Yawn. Damn you are lame. You made a statement, and I proved it wrong. Trying to introduce "who had it worse" is the tactic of a bigot. Trying to dismiss atrocities on one group, by presenting another group that had more atrocities is the tactic of a bigot.

You made a statement, and you were wrong. There is nothing more that need be said.
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
You 'can' marry...you have the same right to marry as I do....
No, I don't. I only have the right to marry as if I were a heterosexual. I'm NOT a heterosexual, and the state has no vested interested in making the distinction.

You lose again.
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact that marriage does not center around homosexuality is not the fault of heterosexuals....
"Centering around"? You learn that in Fundie 101 this week? Has someone asked that marriage "center around" homosexuality? Nope, no one has done that. But marriage will no longer "center solely around" heterosexuals either. You aren't special because your heterosexual. Know that's hard for you to accept, but then, bigots rarely like truth.
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are segregated from the community it is by your own doing.
No, my segregation is at the hands of religious whacktards like yourself that think they get to force their religious beliefs over my civil liberties. As the last decade has exemplified repeatedly, you and your other sheeple dinasaur friends are in for rude awakenings.

You might want to look up Hazel Massery. In 20 years, Get That Fool will be historically seen as exactly the same.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#8701 Jun 15, 2012
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
The Native American Aborigines ... for all their land ... even though the christian rulers of Europe said we could have it anyway.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#8702 Jun 15, 2012

St. Croix valley

#8703 Jun 15, 2012
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
it really wasn't even practiced much until it was created by the government. people thank meny different things on this holiday. The US government did not specify any religiious tie to this holiday. perhaps you've read or heard of our first amendment?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 6 min Cheech the Conser... 263,028
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 9 min EasyEed 1,110,401
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 9 min Patriot AKA Bozo 46,780
Opinion Line 10 min kuda 113
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 12 min Cornelius Scudmister 153,946
How long before being gay is a fireable offense? 13 min sandy1 21
Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americ... 16 min serfs up 42
Hillary Clinton Faces Skeptical Iowa Voters 30 min WelbyMD 356
Obama thanks Congress for vote to aid Syrian re... 4 hr spud 105
•••

US Politics People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••