Obama Announces Full Support for Gay Marriage

May 9, 2012 | Posted by: Top Mod2 | Full story: politix.topix.com

It's a historic day for gay rights activists: Obama has just announced his support for gay marriage.

Comments
6,361 - 6,380 of 26,178 Comments Last updated Oct 27, 2013

“T-Warrior”

Since: Dec 07

El Paso Tx (Rochester NY)

#6645 Jun 2, 2012
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
What Christian principals? The Ten Commandments are the heart of Christian ethics. None are codified nor are they practiced as part of our legal system. We are a secular nation. Our forefathers were wise in making sure that we would be free of religious wars as was the custom in Europe. What are these so called Christian principals you refer too?
Really I can think of 2 right of the top of my head, theft and murder they ARE codified and practiced. Our founders wanted to make sure that the government stayed out of religion, as was common in Europe with state religions (Church of England) hence the establishment clause. The free expression clause was to make sure that people like you can't tell anyone that they can't express thier religion even if that means voting for bills and ordinances or voting to end the murder of unborn babies.
Responsibility

San Mateo, CA

#6646 Jun 2, 2012
dances with weebles wrote:
<quoted text>
i'm really not trying to be pert,(well, on second thought, maybe i am... but just a little bit) but could you please explain to me why you spell the word lesbian with a dollar sign? is somebody paying them to be homosexual?
... because Chyyyyanne hasn't found the "s" key!

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#6647 Jun 2, 2012
chief22 wrote:
<quoted text>
Really I can think of 2 right of the top of my head, theft and murder they ARE codified and practiced. Our founders wanted to make sure that the government stayed out of religion, as was common in Europe with state religions (Church of England) hence the establishment clause. The free expression clause was to make sure that people like you can't tell anyone that they can't express thier religion even if that means voting for bills and ordinances or voting to end the murder of unborn babies.
Those are not christian ideals, they are very common ideals held by many previous civilizations and cultures that the christians glommed onto.

Event he wolves that share my land have laws about theft and murder.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#6648 Jun 2, 2012
chief22 wrote:
<quoted text>
I included the word practice. We murder people all the time in the name of justice when we execute innocent people for crimes they didn't do. We murder innocent people calling them collateral damage in our war efforts. We legalize theft all kinds of ways with unfair taxation, IRS seizures, and condoning unfair lending practices. The unborn are called fetuses. They are babies once they are born. Nobody is required to worship God or observe the Sabbath. Nobody is punished for adultery. We are not required to love and respect our neighbors. Need I continue? We are a secular country plain and simple.

“Impeach Obama!”

Since: Jul 08

Memphis, TN

#6649 Jun 2, 2012
chief22 wrote:
<quoted text>
In each and every state so far, gay marriage has been voted down by "the people."

Why does Obama hate the voice of "the people" so much?
NEW

Owatonna, MN

#6650 Jun 2, 2012
Philliproy wrote:
<quoted text>
In each and every state so far, gay marriage has been voted down by "the people."
Giving blacks civil rights got voted down also by the people.PROBLEM YOU NAZI FASCIST GOP SCUM DONT GET IS YOU CANT VOTE AWAY CIVIL CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS!!!!!!!!!!

How about we vote away your rights hitler????????

St. Croix valley

#6651 Jun 2, 2012
Philliproy wrote:
<quoted text>
In some states, interracial marriage would still be voted out by "the people". Do you think that would be a good idea, or bring us closer to the ideals our nation was founded to attain?
Your logic and basic premise is faultyf. Start over and re-examine your world view to find one that fits with reality and a human outlook on life.

St. Croix valley

#6652 Jun 2, 2012
Philliproy wrote:
<quoted text>
Giving women the right to vote would have been voted down by your "people".

What would your wife..errr...girlfrien....errr ...you wouldn't understand this concept would you?

Location hidden

#6653 Jun 2, 2012
Philliproy wrote:
<quoted text>
How about the "will of the racist mob?"

Answer: You can't vote people's civil rights away.

Why do you hate personal freedom so much?
drink The hivE

New York, NY

#6654 Jun 2, 2012

“T-Warrior”

#6655 Jun 2, 2012
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess then We must be glad that marriage isn't a civil right but a Gift from God.

“T-Warrior”

#6656 Jun 2, 2012
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
by the way if men can vote them is men can vote them away as well

“T-Warrior”

#6657 Jun 2, 2012
Philliproy wrote:
<quoted text>
actually in those states there is nothing said about homosexual marriage, but they all have upheld traditional marraige and not to fundamentally transform marriage.

“T-Warrior”

#6658 Jun 2, 2012
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
I included the word practice. We murder people all the time in the name of justice when we execute innocent people for crimes they didn't do. We murder innocent people calling them collateral damage in our war efforts. We legalize theft all kinds of ways with unfair taxation, IRS seizures, and condoning unfair lending practices. The unborn are called fetuses. They are babies once they are born. Nobody is required to worship God or observe the Sabbath. Nobody is punished for adultery. We are not required to love and respect our neighbors. Need I continue? We are a secular country plain and simple.
When there is due process there is no murder, and unfair lending practices are illegal, and people can be punished for that. Ya know I have know soldiers that were puhished for adultry, pretty severly as well, not just in the legal relm but also out side, how many families have been destroyed by adultry, look at the trouble that people get in when they covet thier neighbors goods, look at the problems that not honoring your parents has caused, how about the problems that not loving your neighbor as yourself has caused.

Hate to bust your bubble but the reader in Public schools in this country was the Bible, PUBLIC SCHOOLS, did you know that there was a religous test for holding public office in most states? Did you know that the vast majority of our founders were devout Christians? And those who were not, knew the power fo God.

Yes liberals in this nation are trying to secularize her, it is marked by the decline of the family, the high divorce rate the rate of unwed mothers, especially in certain ethnic communities. As we get further from the Grace of God the further down the moral sewer we go.

“T-Warrior”

#6659 Jun 2, 2012
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Giving women the right to vote would have been voted down by your "people".
What would your wife..errr...girlfrien....errr ...you wouldn't understand this concept would you?
Good thing that the amendment process was written the way it was then.

“Impeach Obama!”

Since: Jul 08

Memphis, TN

#6660 Jun 2, 2012
chief22 wrote:
<quoted text>
actually in those states there is nothing said about homosexual marriage, but they all have upheld traditional marraige and not to fundamentally transform marriage.
It follows that the Hater-in-Chief hates traditional marriage, if the Hater-in-Chief supports gay marriage.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#6661 Jun 2, 2012
Okay this is getting silly. The right to marry, to enter into a legally recognized conjugal relationship of husband and wife, is a right ALL Americans enjoy. The issue is not the right to marry, but how we, "the people", define marriage. How can one argue for a right which one already has? The various states that have passed so called "gay marriage bans", actually reinforced the universal, historic, traditional, definition of marriage, one that we all accepted and understood. The measures can just as easily be called polygamous marriage bans, as well, yet none of the "marriage equality communists", seem to realize.

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

#6662 Jun 2, 2012
Philliproy wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama supports families--no hatred there. He is not required to support the hatred of others, particularly when they vote that hatred into laws that harm others.

When people, in hatred, try to vote away the most basic civil and human rights of others, then the government SHOULD step in.

The court often is required for do such things, but it's nice when the President shows shops support for good, hard-working Americans families.

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

#6663 Jun 2, 2012
Pietro Armando wrote:
Okay this is getting silly. The right to marry, to enter into a legally recognized conjugal relationship of husband and wife, is a right ALL Americans enjoy..........
Are you being intentionally obtuse?

You are surely aware that the "every one has the same right to marry, even if they can't marry the one they love" bit was shredded by the Courts long ago.

Why try it now? It hasn't become any more sensible with the passage of years.

It's simple. Laws cannot be created to harm a segment of the population without a valid societal reason.

Sp far, NONE of you folks has come up with a single logical reason to ban same sex marriage. Not one.

If the best you can do is this silly argument here, it's no wonder your side is shrinking.

Location hidden

#6664 Jun 2, 2012
chief22 wrote:
<quoted text>
When there is due process there is no murder, and unfair lending practices are illegal, and people can be punished for that. Ya know I have know soldiers that were puhished for adultry, pretty severly as well, not just in the legal relm but also out side, how many families have been destroyed by adultry, look at the trouble that people get in when they covet thier neighbors goods, look at the problems that not honoring your parents has caused, how about the problems that not loving your neighbor as yourself has caused.
Hate to bust your bubble but the reader in Public schools in this country was the Bible, PUBLIC SCHOOLS, did you know that there was a religous test for holding public office in most states? Did you know that the vast majority of our founders were devout Christians? And those who were not, knew the power fo God.
Yes liberals in this nation are trying to secularize her, it is marked by the decline of the family, the high divorce rate the rate of unwed mothers, especially in certain ethnic communities. As we get further from the Grace of God the further down the moral sewer we go.
People have had due process who were innocent. They were executed anyway. Are you saying this is fine? Are you saying this is not murder?

No matter what fine arguments you just presented, adultery is not against the law. It may be grounds for a huge divorce settlement and dishonorable discharge, but it isn't against the law.

Those are fine words about honoring your parents, but in a Biblical sense it meant obedience to the superior paternal figure and supporting them in their old age. Nobody today needs to obey an abusive parent or even support their parents. The fact is many retired parents are still supporting their children.

Our founders wisely knew to secularize this nation because they had seen first hand, the endless religious wars in Europe. You can preach all the nonsense you want but nothing will change the fact that this is a secular nation with many religions and even no religion. That's what freedom is about. That's what you served your country to protect and uphold.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 10 min Stu Rumsfeld 1,100,608
Ferguson Police Are Being Relieved Of Their Dut... 14 min DebraE 1,901
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 16 min Pearl Jam 305,467
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 20 min NTRPRNR1 256,462
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 21 min thong long dong 49,536
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 24 min LRS 177,412
Jenkins hits back strong on Rahall3:41 am 24 min Not a Repub nor Demo 66
Teen's Shooting Highlights Racial Tension 1 hr Truth 1,491
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

US Politics People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••