Mitt Romney goes bold (and risky) with Paul Ryan vice presidential pick

Aug 11, 2012 Full story: Washington Post 2,267

The news that Mitt Romney is expected to name Wisconsin Rep. Paul Ryan as his vice presidential nominee today in Norfolk, Virginia amounts to a decidedly bold stroke for the typical risk-averse GOP presidential candidate, a pick that will almost certainly turn the race into a choice between two competing - and strikingly contrasting - visions for ... (more)

Full Story

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#259 Aug 11, 2012
yesterdays News wrote:
<quoted text>Reprobate
Rapscallion

Since: Jan 07

Hazleton, PA

#260 Aug 11, 2012
"The Whiz"
From what I've read, Paul Ryan's budget plan (endorsed by Romney) will dramatically increase the cost of Medicare. Am I missing something? My grandparents are both on Medicare. Thanks

Obamacare has already budgeted $500 million in Medicare funds to subsidize its mandates. If, as the spindoctors say, Ryan is pushing Granny off the cliff, he had better get the lead out and start moving because Obama is way ahead of him.(
NoBlamer 2012

Mt Meadows Area, CA

#261 Aug 11, 2012
Wall Street Government wrote:
<quoted text>
I doubt anything will change with the addition of Ryan either.
how can you say that ?

look at all the things bite me biden has accomplished

“No Answers, Only Questions”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#262 Aug 11, 2012
Gravediggers wrote:
<quoted text>
The USA is supplying $335 million to Russian spaceworkers to send OUR astronauts into space.
That's outsourcing.
26,000 people lost their jobs on Florida's spacecoast.
Exactly.

That's our government and WE THE PEOPLE let them get away with it.

Like I keep saying, it's our fault.

“Romans 13: 8-10”

Oklahoma City, OK

#263 Aug 11, 2012
Retired SOF wrote:
<quoted text>
We have the fattest poor people in the world!
Poverty kills hundreds of thousands of America's people, and idiots spout those moronic slogan as if the poor weren't really poor.
Overweight is about poor nutrition, not having too much money to buy food.

Oklahoma City, OK

#264 Aug 11, 2012
yesterdays News wrote:
<quoted text>By now, anyone with even half a brain knows that the negro has very limited ability and that the only way they can progress anywhere on earth is when they are the under direct supervision of a non-negro.
A message from the Ku Klux Klan. No, jackass, nobody knows this, it's sick lies.

Location hidden

#265 Aug 11, 2012
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>You remain true to your penchant for offensiveness, and for your consistent stupidity.
Only took me about 100 posts to understand something: ignore the flame throwing trolls.

Oklahoma City, OK

#266 Aug 11, 2012
yesterdays News wrote:
<quoted text>Ya, you're right we would be much better off with billion-air John f---ing Kerry or million-air John f---ing Edwards. You simple minded nit-wit sheep are amazing.
The difference is they didn't represent only what's best for millionaires. They would have been vastly better.

Location hidden

#267 Aug 11, 2012
No Child Left wrote:
"The Whiz"
From what I've read, Paul Ryan's budget plan (endorsed by Romney) will dramatically increase the cost of Medicare. Am I missing something? My grandparents are both on Medicare. Thanks
Obamacare has already budgeted $500 million in Medicare funds to subsidize its mandates. If, as the spindoctors say, Ryan is pushing Granny off the cliff, he had better get the lead out and start moving because Obama is way ahead of him.(
Can you specifically tell me how Medicare funding was cut back $500M?

Was it through reductions in payments to physicians/hospitals? This is my second request.
new hammer time

Richmond, VA

#268 Aug 11, 2012
yesterdays News wrote:
<quoted text>By now, anyone with even half a brain knows that the negro has very limited ability and that the only way they can progress anywhere on earth is when they are the under direct supervision of a non-negro.
Are you part of the white neo-nazi aryan nation kkkracker brigade?
Say yes and lets be done with your asinine comments.
new hammer time

Richmond, VA

#269 Aug 11, 2012
yesterdays News wrote:
<quoted text>Ya, you're right we would be much better off with billion-air John f---ing Kerry or million-air John f---ing Edwards. You simple minded nit-wit sheep are amazing.
You are a reich-wing moron!!!!!!!!!!
new hammer time

Richmond, VA

#270 Aug 11, 2012
yesterdays News wrote:
<quoted text>Why don't you know??? The man-child,the obamster said the U.S. space program was started as a muslim outreach program.
LIAR!!!Why not get off those FOX "bath salts?" You are a crazy fool.
1 post removed
new hammer time

Richmond, VA

#272 Aug 11, 2012
NoBlamer 2012 wrote:
<quoted text>
how can you say that ?
look at all the things bite me biden has accomplished
For one thing, Biden is VP and not waiting to be one.
Pamela

Citrus Heights, CA

#273 Aug 11, 2012
The Whiz wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you specifically tell me how Medicare funding was cut back $500M?
Was it through reductions in payments to physicians/hospitals? This is my second request.
I heard it was $500 billion in Medicare cuts over ten years time and that it was in Medicare Advantage as far as making people pay like $200 a month now for their supplemental plan instead of paying like $100 a month. It shifted a bit more of a payment for the Medicare supplements over to the people, off of the government. I think that's where the cuts were.

Anyone who knows, chime in, tell us all about it.
Razors Edge

Oak Lawn, IL

#274 Aug 11, 2012
The Whiz wrote:
<quoted text>
From what I've read, Paul Ryan's budget plan (endorsed by Romney) will dramatically increase the cost of Medicare. Am I missing something? My grandparents are both on Medicare. Thanks.
HMMMMMMM/ OBAMA TAKES $500,000,000 FROM MEDICARE TRUST
TO GIVE TO MEDICAID,YOU KNOW THOSE WHO DO NOT PAY INTO
ANYTHING,OR TAXES?????????? WAY TO RUN A NATION!!!
Pamela

Citrus Heights, CA

#275 Aug 11, 2012
OkieDarren wrote:
<quoted text>
Poverty kills hundreds of thousands of America's people, and idiots spout those moronic slogan as if the poor weren't really poor.
Overweight is about poor nutrition, not having too much money to buy food.
Oh please. Overweight is overeating addiction, same as drug addiction, smoking addiction, drinking addiction. It's a way to cope cause this country is so dysfunctional. It has to do with the sedentary lifestyle and the bad food.

Look at the actresses in the old movies. In the old black and white 1930s movies, right, the women had 19 inch wastes. They were so tiny it's not even funny. Then you see the change in the 1950s movies, they were a lot bigger, now the people are ginormous, meaning gigantic and enourmous all at the same time. It's the changes from all fresh food to processed foods and then to fast foods too.
Ex-GOP Con

San Jose, CA

#276 Aug 11, 2012
Well looks like the media called it: Paul Ryan VP nominee.

If there was any doubt that the Republican RINOs were waging war on the middle class, that is gone now.

Bush 2.0 is now the Republican platform. Increased spending and more tax cuts for the rich. But the working middle class will not allow another recession to happen and will reject the Bush 2.0 plan!
Razors Edge

Oak Lawn, IL

#277 Aug 11, 2012
BTW,we are at 4.80 Gal...
NoBlamer 2012

Mt Meadows Area, CA

#278 Aug 11, 2012
ovomit got 96% of the black vote

I wonder how many of them only voted for the "black one"
Ex-GOP Con

San Jose, CA

#279 Aug 11, 2012
Presidential contender Newt Gingrich took a potshot Sunday at Republican House Budget Chairman Paul D. Ryan’s proposal to reform Medicare, becoming the most prominent Republican to distance himself from the plan.

Ryan's proposal, which was passed by the GOP-controlled House in April, would have people 54 and younger choose from a list of coverage options and have Medicare make “premium-support payments” to the plan they chose.
Ads by Google

“I don’t think right-wing social engineering is any more desirable than left-wing social engineering,” Gingrich scoffed in an interview on NBC's "Meet the Press."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min RealDave 1,127,032
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 6 min Le Jimbo 159,100
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 8 min ChromiuMan 121,347
Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate 9 min Reverend Alan 1,729
Eugene Robinson: The Islamic State fight is tur... 9 min Mykro 41
Liberals Seek a Non-Clinton 13 min Le Duped 2
Willie Horton II? Dems claim 'race-baiting' ove... 13 min Le Jimbo 7
Obama wants an election about the economy, not him 19 min Le Duped 715
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 25 min Coffee Party 270,873
ObamaCare Returns as an Election Albatross 52 min bottlecap 49

US Politics People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE