Mitt Romney goes bold (and risky) with Paul Ryan vice presidential pick

Aug 11, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Washington Post

The news that Mitt Romney is expected to name Wisconsin Rep. Paul Ryan as his vice presidential nominee today in Norfolk, Virginia amounts to a decidedly bold stroke for the typical risk-averse GOP presidential candidate, a pick that will almost certainly turn the race into a choice between two competing - and strikingly contrasting - visions for ... (more)

Comments
221 - 240 of 2,267 Comments Last updated Dec 12, 2013

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#239 Aug 11, 2012
Dane Thorsen wrote:
<quoted text>
Paul Ryan seems like a well mannered, well brought up American man who works to achieve POSITIVE outcomes
for America.
oh- so you met him only this morning? He is a career politician and isn't known for his temperament or the ability to talk to members of the opposite party.

Location hidden

#240 Aug 11, 2012
NoBlamer 2012 wrote:
how do you raise taxes on people who dont pay taxes ?
give them more food stamps ?
Your mommy and daddy pay for your school, and it would not surprise me to see collecting stamps for each of your aliases here, BOY.

You don't pay taxes, BOY, so I can see why you aren't worried.

You better hope the IRS doesn't get wind of the tip jar you have on the bathroom county in the community college stall where you work though, boy.

“i hope we can change this!”

Since: Aug 08

usa

#241 Aug 11, 2012
The Whiz wrote:
<quoted text>
From what I've read, Paul Ryan's budget plan (endorsed by Romney) will dramatically increase the cost of Medicare. Am I missing something? My grandparents are both on Medicare. Thanks.
yes, dipshit, you ARE missing several things...
1. intelligence
2. the ability to think for yourself
3. ryan's plan would BEGIN with those UNDER 55...
ALL those who are now getting medicare, and ALL those OVER 55 would NOT be affected AT ALL.

Location hidden

#242 Aug 11, 2012
NoBlamer 2012 wrote:
what we need is a union buster
You'd have to work if you joined a union BOY. You'd have to get a real job. You have stop sponging off your mommy and daddy as your go into your fifth year of community college, telling them you are trying to find yourself.

Boy: the only union you will be part of is illegal in most the southern states. You best stay in California.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#243 Aug 11, 2012
"Ryan supports $40 billion in subsides for big oil.

Ryan has ownership stakes in companies that benefit from oil subsidies .

Ryan “and his wife, Janna, own stakes in four family companies that lease land in Texas and Oklahoma to the very energy companies that benefit from the tax subsidies in Ryan’s budget plan,” TP

“i hope we can change this!”

Since: Aug 08

usa

#244 Aug 11, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
oh- so you met him only this morning? He is a career politician and isn't known for his temperament or the ability to talk to members of the opposite party.
the members of THAT party are liars, thieves and idiots...they piss ME off too...(that could explain the temperament)
yesterdays News

Ravenna, OH

#245 Aug 11, 2012
Sheik Yerbouti wrote:
Just what the country needs; a coward who thought it was more important to serve3 his cult than his country and a total moron who worships the social Darwinist rants of a drug addled sociopath! Can the choices get any worse!!
Hey "YERBI" why don't you go back to that hell hole of a country you came from and turn it into the paradice you think you deserve? And while your at it take all these brain dead homo liberals with you,,I bet the locals will be standing at the port with open arms welcomeing all those AIDS ridden freeloaders.

“Flip Flopping My Way”

Since: Feb 12

To The Top!

#246 Aug 11, 2012
Bad decisions: helping me FLIP FLOP MY WAY TO THE TOP IN 2012!!!

“Liberals hate free speech!”

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#247 Aug 11, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, but leave your family out of it.
Speak for yourself! My family don't have there hands out wanting something they DIDN'T work for! It this the best you can do? Go get a job, moron!

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#248 Aug 11, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, but leave your family out of it.
My compliments.
yesterdays News

Ravenna, OH

#249 Aug 11, 2012
NoBlamer 2012 wrote:
<quoted text>
lol
raise taxes on the poor ?
lol
how do you raise taxes on people who dont pay taxes ?
give them more food stamps ?
calif gov jerry brown says he wants to tax the rich...
he wants to raise sales tax = not a tax on the rich
you democrats are lying morons
Send those free-loading poor out to the fields to pick produce if they don't have any money. Were sick of those pigs and were sick of their lazy victim habbits and thinking. F--ing A,, tax the poor,,,tax them till they screem!

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#250 Aug 11, 2012
carey529 wrote:
<quoted text>
yes, dipshit, you ARE missing several things...
1. intelligence
2. the ability to think for yourself
3. ryan's plan would BEGIN with those UNDER 55...
ALL those who are now getting medicare, and ALL those OVER 55 would NOT be affected AT ALL.
You remain true to your penchant for offensiveness, and for your consistent stupidity.
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#251 Aug 11, 2012
Gravediggers wrote:
<quoted text>
The USA is supplying $335 million to Russian spaceworkers to send OUR astronauts into space.
That's outsourcing.
26,000 people lost their jobs on Florida's spacecoast.
We don't need to do that either.

Actually we never should have went there in the first place.

$335 million?

That's peanuts compared to what we have already spent on someone else's space station.

That's "space" welfare.
Kermudgeon

Buffalo, NY

#252 Aug 11, 2012
If Paul Ryan and the Billionaire win, this country is ruined for all but the extreme rich. They will lower corporate and personal taxes on only the rich at 0. Everything we working folk paid into SS and Medicare will be tossed into the Ryan toilet.

I say tax the rich at 75% as they do in the U.K. and pull a few trillion out of the defense industry black box. We'll all be fine then. We don't need to be attacking nations willy-nilly as W did, squandering the only surplus we've had.
yesterdays News

Ravenna, OH

#253 Aug 11, 2012
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>I think you love something else that is big. Put an ad on Craigslist and bend over.
Reprobate
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#254 Aug 11, 2012
carey529 wrote:
<quoted text>
the members of THAT party are liars, thieves and idiots...they piss ME off too...(that could explain the temperament)
I doubt anything will change with the addition of Ryan either.

Location hidden

#255 Aug 11, 2012
carey529 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, but it is part of the GOP creed.

Required since Nixon.
yesterdays News

Ravenna, OH

#256 Aug 11, 2012
The Whiz wrote:
<quoted text>
Lumping all people of a certain race into the 'lazy' category is unadulterated trash. Try to have some intellectual integrity and explain why so many jobs went to China and the Far East. Hint: slave labor is cheap.
By now, anyone with even half a brain knows that the negro has very limited ability and that the only way they can progress anywhere on earth is when they are the under direct supervision of a non-negro.
yesterdays News

Ravenna, OH

#257 Aug 11, 2012
Kermudgeon wrote:
If Paul Ryan and the Billionaire win, this country is ruined for all but the extreme rich. They will lower corporate and personal taxes on only the rich at 0. Everything we working folk paid into SS and Medicare will be tossed into the Ryan toilet.
I say tax the rich at 75% as they do in the U.K. and pull a few trillion out of the defense industry black box. We'll all be fine then. We don't need to be attacking nations willy-nilly as W did, squandering the only surplus we've had.
Ya, you're right we would be much better off with billion-air John f---ing Kerry or million-air John f---ing Edwards. You simple minded nit-wit sheep are amazing.
yesterdays News

Ravenna, OH

#258 Aug 11, 2012
Gravediggers wrote:
<quoted text>
The USA is supplying $335 million to Russian spaceworkers to send OUR astronauts into space.
That's outsourcing.
26,000 people lost their jobs on Florida's spacecoast.
Why don't you know??? The man-child,the obamster said the U.S. space program was started as a muslim outreach program.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min Stu Rumsfeld 1,100,608
Ferguson Police Are Being Relieved Of Their Dut... 9 min DebraE 1,901
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 12 min Pearl Jam 305,467
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 15 min NTRPRNR1 256,462
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 16 min thong long dong 49,536
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 20 min LRS 177,412
Jenkins hits back strong on Rahall3:41 am 20 min Not a Repub nor Demo 66
Teen's Shooting Highlights Racial Tension 1 hr Truth 1,491
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

US Politics People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••