Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

Mar 22, 2012 Full story: Wall Street Journal 66,349

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Full Story
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#21706 May 21, 2012
TractorFarmer wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither of those are valid reasons for 2nd degree.
Because the incident was avoidable, does not mean Zimmerman started the fight.
It doesn't matter what Martin was doing at the time. It doesn't matter that Zimmerman was following Martin. The only thing that does is who started the fight. And that will be hard to prove.
Again, I am not for what Zimmerman did, there just isn't proof. That is what is needed.
lol! Zimmerman stalked Martin. And he did it with a loaded weapon.

We all KNOW what Zimmerman was doing and where Martin was headed.

And we all KNOW Zimmerman killed him with that loaded weapon.

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#21707 May 21, 2012
TractorFarmer wrote:
<quoted text>
Because he would have smelled like alcohol, then had to give a test. So, since they didn't give him a test, it was because they had no reason to suspect he was even drinking, let along drunk as you believe.
And you don't know what level of THC would effect Martin, since varying amounts effect people differently. You don't know what he ate that day or how he was feeling.
Traces of THC proves is was residue from at least a week ago.

They should have given Zimmerman a tox screen, since it is standard procedure in a shooting. They did not. My guess is they were influenced by Daddy judge.

Yes, the "had" to give a test. Yet they did not.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#21708 May 21, 2012
the westerner wrote:
<quoted text>
It would be even funnier if georgie went to the graveyard and shot Trayvon's dumbass again!
If Zimmerman is released, he won't have time.

He'll be too busy looking over his shoulder all the time, son.

“wisdom”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#21709 May 21, 2012
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go again, posting lies.
What lies would that be? You said someone had to prove GZ wasn't stinking drunk, was that only in your pointed little head?

Or did you mean a court of law?

Still waiting for whatever crime GZ was committing before the thug martin assaulted him? What's the hold up?

You're not very good at this.

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#21710 May 21, 2012
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! I'm so glad you've reverted back to idiotic, lunatic, irrational state son.
You seems so uncomfortable pretending to be intelligent. Sorry but I had to snicker at your antics!
You snickered. I giggled. And giggled. And giggled. Damn, I'm still giggling.

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#21711 May 21, 2012
Citizen 1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Again...
Zimmerman on Mood Altering Drugs at time of Killing:
According to the medical report of his private physician, prior to the shooting, Zimmerman had been prescribed Adderall and Temazepam, medications that can cause side effects such as agitation and mood swings.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/george-zimmerman-med...
That's true and may help the case against him. But I'm not a doctor, so I am sure they will go back and forth over how his drugs effected his thinking. But I don't think they have a test of his blood to say what percentage of those medications were in his system. And with many medications people are better while they are on the drugs then when they are not. So they could argue he was or wasn't on his meds. I don't know and can't say.

If I had to say anything based on the call he made, he was very calm. He didn't sound agitated and didn't slur his words or stutter.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#21712 May 21, 2012
the westerner wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure you're noticed by now that not one of these criminal apologists ever offer anything even remotely resembling truth, just their hate and preposterous speculations that have no place in a court of law.
Never has one of them named the crime GZ was committing when TM assaulted him.
never.
Your attempt at reason and logic goes nowhere with them.
lol! Son, they're just matching what you're offering. Why should anyone else do more work when you hold yourself to such a low standard?
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#21713 May 21, 2012
the westerner wrote:
<quoted text>
Boy , you're really getting upset now, I guess I would be too, if all I had was preposterous, irrelevant BS worth nothing, no basis in fact or law.
lol! You're actually comical son.

You're idiotic antics are so hilarious.

“wisdom”

Location hidden

#21714 May 21, 2012
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
They should have given Zimmerman a tox screen, since it is standard procedure in a shooting. They did not. My guess is they were influenced by Daddy judge.
I'm sorry your momma couldn't pick your father out of the thousands she serviced that fateful night, but Gz's dad was a "magistrate" in another state.

So, you're lying, again.

But, feel free to show where GZ's "daddy" had any influence on anything.

otherwise people will think you're a liar, you don't want to be thought of as a liar, do you?

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#21715 May 21, 2012
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
A drug test is not mandatory. They had no reason to believe he was on drugs or alcohol.

And what were the levels of THC in %? I didn't see the records. And what are you basing "at least a week ago" on? I never heard a time frame mentioned.
Citizen 1

Spokane, WA

#21716 May 21, 2012
TractorFarmer wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.theolympian.com/2012/05/20/2112243...
You don't even need to read the entire article. Just the first two short paragraphs. They have not presented any evidence acceptable for the 2nd degree charge.
That is a new article from a Florida newspaper. I don't make things up.
Wrong.

Even Mark O'Mara agrees with Angela Corey that much of the critical evidence HAS NOT yet been released.

Corey said this weekend that evidence released so far is not the sum total of her case.

"What the general public has to remember, and the media has to remember, is that there is a lot we cannot release by law," Corey said.

Zimmerman's attorney Mark O'Mara apparently agrees with Corey.
"[It is] way too early to tell," he said. "That's me not only commenting on evidence, but the weight of all the evidence. And I don't even have all the evidence."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/george-zimmerman-cas...

How did the Bible-Thumpers on Topix get access to this evidence which has NOT been released to the media? Hmmmmmmmm. Divine Intervention?

“FEED THE DEAD FETUS”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#21717 May 21, 2012
the westerner wrote:
<quoted text>
There were thousands of sailors on that battleship his momma was servicing.
Yes, but how many of them were drunk,desperate and blind other than the 153 on the suspect list?

“wisdom”

Location hidden

#21718 May 21, 2012
Citizen 1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Again...
According to the medical report of his private physician, prior to the shooting, Zimmerman had been prescribed Adderall and Temazepam, medications that can cause side effects such as agitation and mood swings.
So? Where does it say anything about that in the indictment? Nowhere, just another futile, worthless, meaningless attempt to discredit GZ.

“FEED THE DEAD FETUS”

Location hidden

#21719 May 21, 2012
Threat against George Zimmerman's life duly noted and reported to proper authorities.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#21720 May 21, 2012
the westerner wrote:
<quoted text>
You still stink, didn't the attendant hear you screaming for a new Depends, Geezer?
lol! Yes. When she came, I told her where your room was. She went there but said by then it was too late and you had done it in the middle of the room.

Did you get the message to do it in the corner next time son? Like a civilized animal?

“wisdom”

Location hidden

#21721 May 21, 2012
Citizen 1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Again...
I guess you don't want to tackle zazzy's ridiculous claim someone has to prove GZ wasn't stinking drunk in a court room, can't say I blame you, it's pretty damn insipid.

“FEED THE DEAD FETUS”

Location hidden

#21722 May 21, 2012
Level of THC in the body is not indicative of when the person last smoked their blunt before heading off to the store to get some munchies,get paranoid at the neighborhood watch, sneak up on him, attack him and try to pound his skull into the pavement before he justifiably caps you.

:~)

Just sayin!

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#21723 May 21, 2012
Citizen 1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Again...
Good post, however... Zimmerman was "prescribed" medication that “may” have side effects.

Or as you said in your own post “can cause side effects”.

Adderall: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0...

Temazepam: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0...

The above links are from the government website for the National Institutes of Health.
Ynot

United States

#21724 May 21, 2012
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
My guess is...
Drum roll...
Wait for it...
My guess is you are...
Ynot.
Let me know if you need an address to send my prize.
You are the smartest one on here. No way those two gassy mouth fools could come to that conclusion.

You win the grand prize. I shall let you know about the details.

“wisdom”

Location hidden

#21725 May 21, 2012
Citizen 1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong.
Even Mark O'Mara agrees with Angela Corey that much of the critical evidence HAS NOT yet been released.
Corey said this weekend that evidence released so far is not the sum total of her case.
"What the general public has to remember, and the media has to remember, is that there is a lot we cannot release by law," Corey said.
Zimmerman's attorney Mark O'Mara apparently agrees with Corey.
"[It is] way too early to tell," he said. "That's me not only commenting on evidence, but the weight of all the evidence. And I don't even have all the evidence."
http://abcnews.go.com/US/george-zimmerman-cas...
How did the Bible-Thumpers on Topix get access to this evidence which has NOT been released to the media? Hmmmmmmmm. Divine Intervention?
which bible thumpers would that be?

how long will you ignore this?

MIAMI – The stack of evidence released last week in the second-degree murder case against George Zimmerman is notable, legal experts say, for what's not in it: firm evidence that Zimmerman acted with malice when he shot 17-year-old Trayvon Martin.

Special prosecutor Angela Corey charged Zimmerman last month, alleging that Zimmerman, a neighborhood crime-watch volunteer, acted with ill will when he shot Martin, who was black, after a Feb. 26 scuffle behind some townhouses in a gated community in Sanford, Fla., where Martin was staying with his father.

But analysts say the evidence released so far contains little information to support the prosecutor's contention that Zimmerman acted with a "depraved mind" when he shot Martin - a standard the prosecution must meet if the murder charge is to stand.

"I still don't see any evidence yet of the elements of second-degree murder," said Miami defense attorney John Priovolos, a former prosecutor. The special prosecutor "has to prove ill will, hatred or spite. I don't see any evidence of his state of mind," he said.

Read more here: http://www.theolympian.com/2012/05/20/2112243 ...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 min Learn to Read 182,051
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Portlandia 1,155,652
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 3 min replaytime 133,800
In 2016, Republicans will be fighting to hold S... 8 min squeezers 18
Obama: Racism, bias in US will take time to tackle 9 min payme 485
Congress can block use of fees for immigration ... 12 min Quirky 314
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 30 min brad 165,806
US and Cuba move to normalize ties, open embassy 2 hr RustyS 269
Ben Carson: Race Relations Have 'Gotten Worse' ... 2 hr mjjcpa 931
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 5 hr Agents of Corruption 294,311
More from around the web