Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

Mar 22, 2012 Full story: Wall Street Journal 66,171

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Full Story

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#1847 Mar 30, 2012
PlacitasRoy wrote:
<quoted text>
As an honorable adult, Spike Lee simply immediately admitted to and apologized for his honest mistake.
"Spike Lee did the right thing," the couple’s lawyer, Matt Morgan, tweeted. "The McClain’s claim is fully resolved. Thank you Spike!!!"
Honest Mistake, my butt. BFD, he regrets publishing the wrong address, but certainly not the original intent of publishing it.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#1848 Mar 30, 2012
American Worker wrote:
Interesting.
Chicago Guy

Winnetka, IL

#1849 Mar 30, 2012
Go Blue wrote:
<quoted text> What case? The police and state attorney, have determined there is no case....you mean then, your case?
Yes, and I think that is exactly the problem people are having.

It is completely insane for there to be an altercation between two people-- one armed and one unarmed-- and then to have the police accept the testimony of the armed man as fact, and reliable evidence, after he shoots the other man dead. Had he only wounded Trayvon, and had Trayvon been able to offer testimony, his word alone would've been enough to prompt a further investigation, and at least an arrest.

None of us can say for certainty what transpired in those few seconds before the shooting. But we can all see that there's enough circumstantial evidence, enough witness testimony, and enough doubt about Zimmerman's story, to make an indictment.

This story isn't going away, and I imagine heads will roll in Sanford county before all is said and done. And yes, I mean figuratively (and administratively).
1 post removed

Location hidden

#1851 Mar 30, 2012
Vance1 wrote:
I always carry a Colt 1911, and I cant stand thugs
Screw you and your Colt. Nuts like you are the reason we need gun laws.
Chicago Guy

Winnetka, IL

#1852 Mar 30, 2012
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
You evidently didn't read the article or maybe your comprehension is a problem.
Yes, I read it. And I quoted it. And it supports my claim entirely: when the perpetrators are found, they will be arrested.

Oh yeah, and nobody died.

I'm done with you, idiot. This thread speaks for itself. You're a lying troll with sub-par intelligence.

Location hidden

#1853 Mar 30, 2012
the truth wrote:
<quoted text>
do you see white people advocating civil disobedience to defend any of those people?
did you see a mob of white people ransacking a CVS over it?
have you see white people riot in an effort to keep bernie madoff out of jail?
we haven't seen riots over trayvon yet, but my nickel says that they're coming...care to bet a nickel?
Make it a dime and you're on.
Aphelion

Melbourne, FL

#1854 Mar 30, 2012
Chicago Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Only racist whites. And they hardly need anything to 'enflame' them against blacks. It is their default position.
I, as a white man, identify only with the poor parents of this dead kid, who cannot even get the known murderer of their son put behind bars.
And I smell a HUGE problem looming for the Sanford police, as the evidence mounts to show that they did a horrible job of handling this case.
I like the fact that you seem to absolve the black population of racism (QUOTE: Only racist whites End Quote)and only indite the white race.

Your racism and lothing for the white race is apparent in most of your postings as is your bias regarding this case. If you really are white (which I doubt), I feel sorry for you that the white guilt that the left has hoisted upon you is weighing you down.
Chicago Guy

Winnetka, IL

#1855 Mar 30, 2012
Space Cowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
The media dosen't report Black on Black crime, it dosen't advance the agenda.
So now they come up with the term "White Hispanic" to advance the agenda.
What's next?
White Asians?
White Samoans?
White Native Americans?
White Eskimos?
White Africans?
Whatever it takes, huh?
You people are pathetic!
Have you never seen a form that asks you to identify ethnicity?

"White/Hispanic" is how whites and hispanics have been jointly categorized for decades.

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#1856 Mar 30, 2012
___Jenny___ wrote:
<quoted text>
The 'stand your ground law' doesn't require the use of a gun ..... it also covers fighting with bare hands to protect yourself, including pounding someones head into the sidewalk. It also includes using knives, ball bats, or anything else to protect yourself. The law is about protecting yourself, it's not about gun rights ..... it is about the right to protect yourself. Who was following who that night, and who was following who with a gun? Who had the right to feel more threatened? A seventeen year old being followed in the dark or the armed man doing the following?
when you attack someone from behind.......you are not protecting yourself, you are attacking.
Chicago Guy

Winnetka, IL

#1857 Mar 30, 2012
Follow the Money --- wrote:
<quoted text>
Spike Lee is a racist punk. His actions are nothing less than terrorism. He should be, but of course won't be, held accountable for his actions. He won't be because his part or the Media machine and the race brokerage industry.
He WAS held accountable, dumbass.

The family's attorneys said a settlement had been reached with Mr. Lee.

Darn those pesky facts!

Location hidden

#1858 Mar 30, 2012
the truth wrote:
hey larry, it's a new day, do you think you can handle answering that simple question today?
Coming from you I'm sure it's simple. But what question? Believe it or not, I have other matters to deal with.

Ask your question in an unbiased, objective manner, and I will try to respond.

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#1859 Mar 30, 2012
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Screw you and your Colt. Nuts like you are the reason we need gun laws.
another reason we need guns and laws to protect gun ownership is because of all the hoodie wearing punks commiting hundreds of crimes everyday........Stealing, robbery, murder and rape......the hoodie is the fashion statement of choice.

Location hidden

#1860 Mar 30, 2012
___Jenny___ wrote:
<quoted text>
the very thing that the nazis did in World War II ..... without probable cause stop citizens on the street and question them.
Do you have any idea what-so-ever why certain things were wrote into the US Constitution? So Americans 'can' walk down a street without being stopped and questioned by soldiers, police, or delegated armed groups like Neighborhood Watch appears to now be if they are armed.
But the Nazis didn't just question people, they killed them without trial, without cause. Do you hve any ides what-so-ever what the american justice system is made of? You are guilty until proven innocent, you cannot be arrested without probable cause within the written laws of the state and if the DA deems an offense worthy of prosecution, he/she presents it to a Grand Jury, who then considers all the evidence and thus determines if there is enough to go to trial. Then a trial date is set, a jury of peers is selected and the trail begins.

Those who are crying for Zimmerman to be arrested before a Grand Jury has conveniened and heard all the evidence are no different than the Nazi's who dragged jewish men, women and children out of their homes, put them in box cars and sent them to the gas chamber.
Chicago Guy

Winnetka, IL

#1861 Mar 30, 2012
Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>
I like the fact that you seem to absolve the black population of racism (QUOTE: Only racist whites End Quote)and only indite the white race.
Your racism and lothing for the white race is apparent in most of your postings as is your bias regarding this case. If you really are white (which I doubt), I feel sorry for you that the white guilt that the left has hoisted upon you is weighing you down.
Where, exactly, do I "absolve the black population of racism"?

Let me help you out: nowhere.

What a moronic and meaningless statement.

As to your doubts about my color.... well, we all know a Liar won't believe anyone else.
1 post removed
Just Sayin

Toledo, OH

#1863 Mar 30, 2012
PlacitasRoy wrote:
<quoted text>
Given Bow-tie Tucker's history I damn sure wouldn 't give any crediblity to anything his POS Daily Callgirl propaganda prints. He was one of Breitbart's biggest pimps.
Go back to bed sweetie.

The first reaction to shock is denial.
stupid people suck

United States

#1864 Mar 30, 2012
Half-White HATER OBAMA wrote:
<quoted text>
Un-American, Anti-American SCUM like Lauri the gay wolf is WHY we don't need GAYS!!!!
Right Jackwagon loon!!??
LOL!!!!
1 post removed
Just Sayin

Toledo, OH

#1866 Mar 30, 2012
Chicago Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I read it. And I quoted it. And it supports my claim entirely: when the perpetrators are found, they will be arrested.
Oh yeah, and nobody died.
I'm done with you, idiot. This thread speaks for itself. You're a lying troll with sub-par intelligence.
Your comprehension is really flawed.

I don't ask "how high" when a lying racist says jump.

Since: Sep 09

o------------><-----------o

#1867 Mar 30, 2012
Just Sayin wrote:
Close up picture of the back of Zimmerman's head.
http://dailycaller.com/2012/03/29/police-surv...
You sure that isn't a line of hair? The widest spot at the top of it is black, the same color as the rest of his hair, not pink or red. But if what is below the wider black spot is a cut, does it matter? A fight 'did' take place. That is what all this is about. He was in a fight with someone he had been following that night. It does not give evidence to who was the one doing the defending in using the 'stand your ground law'.
the truth

White Plains, NY

#1868 Mar 30, 2012
rider wrote:
did the paramedics have a clean shrit kit on them also? i tend to think if one shoots someone that is hovering over them that the persons blood would be all over the shooter.
probably because you watch too many movies/too much TV

Location hidden

#1869 Mar 30, 2012
Chicago Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
In other words, you cannot cite a single instance of a known shooter being released from a murder scene, still in possession of the weapon, and without having any charges filed.
Your snotty comments can't mask the stupidity of your claims.
I Can.....

http://www.buffalonews.com/city/article40876....

Known Shooter
Murder Scene
Still in Possession of the Weapon
No Charges

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Obama looking for partners on many fronts 2 min Democrat Blunder 13
Westboro Baptist Church Thanks God for Horrific... 4 min Swedenforever 6
Elizabeth Warren wants to probe if Fed is too c... 4 min Democrat Blunder 5
Obama: US misjudged Iraqi army, militants' threat 5 min Democrat Blunder 19
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min TheIndependentMaj... 1,114,644
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 12 min Rogue Scholar 05 178,568
Rand Paul: President Obama 'acts like he's a king' 18 min Democrat Blunder 90
Hillary Clinton Faces Skeptical Iowa Voters 1 hr Le Jimbo 641
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 5 hr Quirky 265,369
Al Sharpton: Obama's Racial Pyromaniac 7 hr the Light 85

US Politics People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE